A-spec Intermediate Level Night Track Challenge: Special Stage Route 5

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 57 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Night Track Challenge: Special Stage Route 5

c4vKXmd.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 30/10/2014 - 13/11/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Soft or less
Categories: Normal Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.110,000
Silver: Cr.66,000
Bronze: Cr.55,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT OLD GENERATION 007-W paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Special Stage Route 5
Track Length: 2.35 miles / 3782 m
Time of day: 21:40
Temp: 29ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Just aced it a moment ago, first try, super-clean overtakes all the way to the finish line in a 500 PP RGT. I can see myself doing this race with a whole whack of different 400 - 500 PP cars over and over. Good drive.

Just aced it a moment ago, first try, super-clean overtakes all the way to the finish line in a 500 PP RGT. I can see myself doing this race with a whole whack of different 400 - 500 PP cars over and over. Good drive.

I used the demio sport for the 400PP event and then just upgraded it fully to 494PP for this event.

First race for me was a comfortable win, though the Gallardo had closed the 1 second gap I had opened and almost had me by the finish line.

Great fun, and I'm a novice at this :)

494.jpg

not hard at all but the thing is you're facing much faster cars so i won a lot of races by blocking the other cars on the drag on the finishing straight

this isnt racing

Mazda Demio Sport '10 did it easy, was pretty near the PP limit too so I'm sure you could win with a 450PP or lower car. It's even easier if there's a Buick Special, the AI usually gets stuck behind it through the corners so it's no problem to get into the lead early.

Wow, i think i take a chevy corvette C7, first laps, okay, overtake rabbits in lap 4, and then??
I stay ahead for some seconds, and at the finish they race up to me as what?:eek:
0.073 seconds ahead of the leader at the finish.
I had to block him or i would have lost that one.
wow, i'm not posting my settings.There are better settings for this one.:cheers:

Wow, i think i take a chevy corvette C7, first laps, okay, overtake rabbits in lap 4, and then??
I stay ahead for some seconds, and at the finish they race up to me as what?:eek:
0.073 seconds ahead of the leader at the finish.
I had to block him or i would have lost that one.
wow, i'm not posting my settings.There are better settings for this one.:cheers:

pretty close race ill say good win.

Guaranteed gold tune

Ferrari 458 Italia ‘09

Link here
I think that your driving style is how i like to drive.
You were not kidding, i shaved almost 6,5 seconds of each of my lap times
Corvette total time 8:26:828
458 italia total time 8:01:394
I could not match the exact BHP (i have more) and the total weight was different ( i have 10kg less).
But damn, if i get understeer in a big wide corner, just loose the gas and and it slides , and push gass when the nose points in the right direction.
I like it.
_Ferrari 458 italia '09_normal_by_shaunm80 EXETER.jpg

if you use my database program?
Import this zipfile

Mazda Demio Sport '10 did it easy
I used the demio sport

I started using the Demio Sport '10 (with stock CVT gearing) in low PP online rooms a couple of months ago and now I see it popping up everywhere. That car was my little sleeper secret. :(

Most of the other CVT geared cars are almost as fast, guess I'll start using those a bit more instead.

I used an Alpine A110S which was very slow on the straights to win by 0.051 seconds - it took three attempts before I got a big enough gap not to be pipped on the final straight. I used aids off, cockpit view, HUD off to increase realism and immersion - really enjoyed it. I think I'll dig out a Lancia Stratos next - if it's too fast for a close finish I'll drop the power.

I decided to go with my X-Bow for an easy gold. I got it "perfectly" set up at the London seasonal.

As soon as I saw the wall in the first corner coming at me WAAAY too fast, from the left side, I realized I still was on SH tires after the TT on Zahara:irked:
I thought I might as well continue to check out if I had the gearing at least half-ok. In the left hair-pin about 2/3 in to the 2nd lap, I spun out :indiff: in 6th place. It made me considering a restart and tirechange, but I continued.
About 2 seconds before reaching the 2nd splittime at lap 4, I passed the 430 Scuderia for 1st place:D

Ended up winning with 6,xxx seconds.

Using DS3 with ABS 1 as only aid. The win got even sweeter by the fact it is my first set of seasonals using L2/R2 as brake/accelerator :cheers:
Might even hook up my wheel and get back to this later

Just did it with an SRT 4 and my tune :odd: thanks goes out to krenkme :dopey: who I think did a tune for this car but I can't find it. Great little car with some horsepower and fun to drive. Beat the 430 Scuderia '07 by 6 secs caught him on the 4 lap. :D :cheers:

Attachments

• 20141030_212539.jpg
    20141030_212539.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I had an absolute blast using my Lotus Elise 111R '04 with a tune provided by @Thorin Cain. You can find the tune HERE. I recommend turning all aids off except ABS 1 and changing the tires to fit the event, of course. This car has a lot of downforce which is nice and it looks cool as hell! :D I know his tune calls for 1.0/1.5 camber. I hadn't driven this car in quite some time and my camber was set to 0.3/0.5... I also ran a race with it at 0.0/0.0 just to see the difference. It definitely won't hurt your lap time using a bit of camber. I can't attest to 1.0/1.5 however. Use what you feel comfortable with. His gearing seems to be pretty perfect for this track too. I would get up to 150MPH just before having to lift off as you enter the tunnel and sweeping turn after the very long straight (start / finish line).

Good luck everyone! This is a fun event for trying various cars...I'm going to enjoy this - I rarely drive these kinds of tracks, so that's a bonus, I guess. :D

Last edited:
I had an absolute blast using my Lotus Elise 111R '04 with a tune provided by @Thorin Cain. You can find the tune HERE. I recommend turning all aids off except ABS 1 and changing the tires to fit the event, of course. This car has a lot of downforce which is nice and it looks cool as hell! :D I know his tune calls for 1.0/1.5 camber. I hadn't driven this car in quite some time and my camber was set to 0.3/0.5... I also ran a race with it at 0.0/0.0 just to see the difference. It definitely won't hurt your lap time using a bit of camber. I can't attest to 1.0/1.5 however. Use what you feel comfortable with. His gearing seems to be pretty perfect for this track too. I would get up to 150MPH just before having to left off as you enter the tunnel and sweeping turn after the very long straight (start / finish line).

Good luck everyone! This is a fun event for trying various cars...I'm going to enjoy this - I rarely drive these kinds of tracks, so that's a bonus, I guess. :D
Thanks for the shout-out:tup::cheers:

I'm glad you like my little Lotus and that you found it useful for this event. I've still this do this one and the Ascari race ( Was having too much fun with my Old Honda S800 and Celica round Tsukuba:D) I think I'll give the Elise a shot too, haven't used her in ages.

@nowcontrol. Thanks for stepping up to keep the seasonal threads up and running, great job:gtpflag:

Thanks for the shout-out:tup::cheers:

I'm glad you like my little Lotus and that you found it useful for this event. I've still this do this one and the Ascari race ( Was having too much fun with my Old Honda S800 and Celica round Tsukuba:D) I think I'll give the Elise a shot too, haven't used her in ages.

@nowcontrol. Thanks for stepping up to keep the seasonal threads up and running, great job:gtpflag:
Just did it with an SRT 4 and my tune :odd: thanks goes out to krenkme :dopey: who I think did a tune for this car but I can't find it. Great little car with some horsepower and fun to drive. Beat the 430 Scuderia '07 by 6 secs caught him on the 4 lap. :D :cheers:
Well, I would normally find that very hard to believe, but I started a new entity today and so I only had one car, the trusty Honda Fit. I slapped a turbo on the little shoebox and went out and smoked 'em?!?!? I was making so much money I couldn't quit driving this event and in no time at all, I was up to 1.2 million? I'm not sure this is very realistic, to be smoking Rufs, Ferraris, GTRs and Corvettes with a 300 HP Fit but it worked for me anyhow. Fun with a Fit!

Well, I would normally find that very hard to believe, but I started a new entity today and so I only had one car, the trusty Honda Fit. I slapped a turbo on the little shoebox and went out and smoked 'em?!?!? I was making so much money I couldn't quit driving this event and in no time at all, I was up to 1.2 million? I'm not sure this is very realistic, to be smoking Rufs, Ferraris, GTRs and Corvettes with a 300 HP Fit but it worked for me anyhow. Fun with a Fit!
I see where you are coming from, but the way that I try to think of these events (and maybe I'm way off base in my thinking) is that you could be driving against RUF's, GT-R's, Ferrari's and Corvette's, but the drivers are inexperienced in those cars. That's why it's an Intermediate event and not an Expert event.

Used the RX8 for the 1st time ever, don't know why I used it. I really don't like this car but I won by 5.6 secs. I put a wing on it (come on give me your laughs of ridicule) and the car slide around just right on the curves, go figure.

Thought I would make this interesting with some classic muscle so I took out the 70 Nova. I did some tuning on it and won but not by much. It needs a light touch on corner exit's and the 5 speed makes it hard to stay out in front on the straight. I'm happy to share my tune for the car if anyone is interested.

Back