A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Midfield Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 58 comments
Lotus Esprit Turbo in Bondian- white over the Zonda C12, seemed like he slowed a bit on lap 4 to make it a race. Oh well, good for a training run, on to the Spa event.

Wow, my #10 was even weirder. Not only did he spin out at the very beginning. He also reversed, then went forward again ramming the barrier. This for 1,5 minutes until he got hit by the AI lapping him.
Some weird Finnish guy in a Tommykaira.

Here's another one to try.

Toyota RSC '01 (Tuned For: 500PP Intermediate & Expert Races - 06/01/2016)

RSC 2.jpg

It drives better than it look's!!!

{{{{DRIVE & ENJOY}}}}
Cheers Smiley.gif

Last edited:
AS I did for the expert challeng, I went with the BMW Z4 M Coupe '08. What a great car. For those on a DS3, here are my settings:

Stage 3 Engine, and Computer installed, Power = 98.1% (No Oil Change, no aero)

For Transmission Tuning, reset to default (even if you haven't touched it), set final gear to 3.50, then change Max Speed (Auto Set)

Settings: Front Rear
Tires Used: Sports Soft Sports Soft

Suspension: Front Rear
Ride Height 70 70
Spring Rate 7.93 7.95
Dampers (Comp) 5 2
Dampers (Ext) 6 2
Anti-Roll Bars 3 6
Camber Angle (-) 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle 0.00 0.00

Brake Bias: 5 5

Transmission: Set First --> Max Speed (Auto Set): 168
1st Gear 3.719
2nd Gear 2.792
3rd Gear 2.175
4th Gear 1.750
5th Gear 1.447
6th Gear 1.205
7th Gear
8th Gear Final Gear: 3.18

Drive Train: Front Rear
Initial Torque 8
Accel Sensitivity 9
Braking Sensitivity 16
Front/Rear Split

Got it with my 15th Anniversary Model S. But man, that Mercedes was on my butt for the last couple laps, but managed to stay a second ahead.

Easy win with Mazda Miata NC '07 replica build ( stock transmission and LSD ) with added power to 400PP and CS tire, just have to block the 2nd car going to the finish line as the NC Miata lacks oomph going up hill :)

The setup used to win :

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
400PP Version

Special Build 400PP Miata NC
Comfort Medium to Sports Hard

CAR : Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Tire : Comfort Medium to Sports Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 182 HP / 185 PS at 6900 RPM
Torque: 148.2 ft-lb at 5400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.5%
Weight: 1152 kg
Ballast : 52 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 52 / 48
Performance Points: 400

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : Cyberia Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Catalytic Converter Sports
Fully Customizable Suspension
Twin or Triple Plate Clutch Kit - OPTIONAL - Triple INSTALLED
Carbon Drive Shaft - OPTIONAL - INSTALLED

Suspension - MAZDA OEM Springs/Damper Adapted
Base Street/Track Soft Damper/Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 135 135
Spring Rate: 3.50 3.02
Dampers (Compression): 1 1
Dampers (Extension): 2 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 1
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This is basic 400PP Miata NC build based on replica, adapting stock Mazda OEM springs, as GT6 can't get low enough, I used the ratio. Damper has been setup to be soft like the real car do, the front damper has been setup to give more safety close to the limit.

LSD and gear ratio are stock as they are well performing, while clutch and driveshaft are optional upgrades ( installed on my car ) to give slight edge competing in races.

The Miata can win on seasonal race at Midfield against 500PP cars on CS tire. The Miata tested at variety of tracks, Midfield, Apricot Hill Reverse, Motegi Road and Autumn Ring Mini. On CM tire at Autumn Ring Mini, it did 46s lap with ease.

For damper, you can fine tune the front and rear extension yourself, increase either end, and drive it at Autumn Ring Mini or your favorite track, make a note of the effect at either end. I suggest to increase front or rear to 10, try each and then increase both to 10. You should notice how max extension on either end affect the car balance under braking, on throttle turning and exit.

At Motegi, this damper works nicely :

Dampers (Compression): 1 1
Dampers (Extension): 3/4/5 2

Use front extension either 3 or 4 or 5, don't recommend more than 5. The effect can easily felt on 1st turn, the esses up hill and the tight right before the downhill run.

Experiment, and have fun, the base damper is balanced for a Miata on CM tire.

I hear you, I need to try a different field, I just hammered that one over and over. First lap was a 1:14xx, the rest were 1:12's. If I could get a 1:13 first lap, then 1:11's I'd be good. Car needs to be tweaked for this track ever so slightly, but I like it so much I don't want to mess with it at all!
Mine tune is still the same but I got a new transmission to suit the track, I will PM you the transmission tomorrow and you can try it. The first lap and a bit and where the AI are is the key to get a good race time.

Mine tune is still the same but I got a new transmission to suit the track, I will PM you the transmission tomorrow and you can try it. The first lap and a bit and where the AI are is the key to get a good race time.

I wonder if 1-lap magic is possible with the right field?

Played this more than Spa as I dont have 15 mins of my life to give away at one stretch.

I notice the really weird AI on this track, even by GT6s standards its weird.

I beat a 288GTO by lap 3 in a R390 GT but man, the rabbit put on his turbochargers in a really jarring way.

My car has 350hp and 1,300kg.

His car has 394hp and 1,180kg (520pp?).

My car has no chance on the straights, it wasnt even funny seeing him walk away from me ONLY once I got ahead of him.

I tried it again but I stayed behind until the last lap and THEN took him on the last few corners and won convincingly. If you give them no time to retaliate then you got the gold.

In other cars I had the entire field back up behind me like a Truli train. It wasnt as if I was slow, its the just the AI deciding to race once they got humilated.

Ruf RGT stock on mediums, light contact. Rabbit 288 GTO, technically passed me in lap 5/turn 1 and later before the first tunnel from the outside, but I got a clean run out of the other tunnel.

Wow, my #10 was even weirder. Not only did he spin out at the very beginning. He also reversed, then went forward again ramming the barrier. This for 1,5 minutes until he got hit by the AI lapping him.
Some weird Finnish guy in a Tommykaira.

I also had that happen. Twice I had to squeeze between him and other racers at the last corner. I saved the replay and went back to look at it from his perspective. He sat there and kept running into the wall and backing up to do it again for over 4 minutes (4:23 I think). He finally got going in the right direction when another car hit him. By that point in time he was 2 laps behind me (I spun out in one corner, otherwise it might have been 3 laps). At the finish, his time was never listed.

Definitely gonna miss this seasonal. Awesome track. The variety of different cars to use is great at 500pp. 740k in under 7 minutes.

Back