A-spec Intermediate Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuito de Madrid

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 177 comments
With a Subaru BRZ GT300 - and a well-tuned transmission - I am able to take the lead at the beginning of the 3rd lap against the RSC.

First try with the Megan's trophy (priano's tune) I got to second which was one place better than with the 86 race car...changed the gears for bit more acceleration and got the W by several seconds...fun race

Thanks to priano for the tune...

Really enjoyed this one, went old skool muscle used 69 Camaro with all aids off bar abs at 1. Good fun challenge took me several go's to get the win.

I like this combo, makes me try cars I'd never thought of otherwise. My favourite one so far is the Renault Clio RS Trophy V6 24V '00, Praiano's tune, detuned to 500 PP with the power limiter. The perfect weapon to do the job in my opinion. The Subaru BRZ GT300 is fine too, so smooth.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

:cheers:

I expect this is a hard one cos doesn't like this track. Use my 'museum' Audi to challenge the rabbit Audi which goes faster if I drive fast... (Use Ds3 easily win) My steering still don't have 'vacancy'...:lol:

20150201_034421.jpg

20150201_032314.jpg

Interesting how the speed of the leading cars speed greatly changes depending on each instance you load in seasonals. I have seen 8 second differences between loadings. Even when the make of car was the same each time.

Tough race for this Intermediate level event, won with the Delta S4 '85 in 4:56, catching the rabbit Delta S4 going around the Plaza de la Independencia , need to run 1:27 laps. I found the GT300 cars kind of sluggish.
Ditto, the Delta S4 got the gold for me, too, except I didn't catch the S4 rabbit until going through the final chicane. Tight fit:crazy:!

Attachments

• 0131151709.jpg
    0131151709.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 10
Bring back Myxomatosis!!! :banghead:

Tried a badly tuned Elise 96 Race car - 4th
Tried a Shelby Daytona Coupe - 2nd...... Not close enough
Tired a Camaro Race Car - 2nd 2 secs off Leader
Tried HSV - 010 '12 - 2nd several times best by 0.08 seconds

Hardest INTERMEDIATE Race in a long time

Trying to resist the temptation to fight fire with fire and just buy the Lancia S4

:banghead:🤬:banghead:

Last edited:
Bring back Myxomatosis!!! :banghead:

Tried a badly tuned Elise 96 Race car - 4th
Tried a Shelby Daytona Coupe - 2nd...... Not close enough
Tired a Camaro Race Car - 2nd 2 secs off Leader
Tried HSV - 010 '12 - 2nd several times best by 0.08 seconds

Hardest INTERMEDIATE Race in a long time

Trying to resist the temptation to fight fire with fire and just by the Lancia S4

:banghead:🤬:banghead:
Go the megane trophy, eats it up, super good drive.

I used a Challenger SRT8 Touring car and managed 2nd place losing by less than 4 secs! I'll keep at it until I hit 1st!
Me too, love challenging using almost opposite as yours. A cheap 'fake' FWD Type R from Hyundai. Only 484pp. Manage 1:29 but the first rabbit doesn't allow me to win. Any of you guys try it before ? Haha... Maybe the Cappuccino race car next.

20150201_061904.jpg

Last edited:
hate this track and i hate the 'puzzle' aspect of it

used the Megane Trophy Sport as recommended, detuned and played with the final drive ratio

bit of luck involved, eg. ended up overtaking the two lead cars in one move

Tried the Opel Calibra Touringcar with my own quickly made setup. Changed oil. Used power-limiter and ballast to get to 500PP and used suspension and diff-setup from Praiano. I got gold, but 🤬 what a nervous car when braking. The rear end was all over the track, both when braking hard (mostly before the first hairpin, the downhill section and before the second looooong lefthander) and when accelerating.
Then I realized that I hadn't been really focused when adding the ballast. 200 kg all the way back didn't exactly give the best weight distribution :lol: Took it from -50 to -8 and got 50:50 weight distribution. And that turned it into a "McDonalds-car" (ba-da-ba-da-bam...I'm loving it) :D

The Megane Trophy car is an evil beast, they put gun powder in her puppy chow when she was little. Usually in 2nd place, 2 or 3 seconds behind the leader at the start of the last lap. I can't do that good with anything else I've tried. I haven't played with many of the rally cars, I haven't bought many of them. If they gave us more reason to collect & run them. I might toss some credits that direction.

Mazda Roadster Touring car runs clean 1:25s for me, overtook the Quattro in the final chicane on the last lap 👍

I did this one a few more times with some different cars. Best I could do was a 4:44 with the Calibra. I felt the Audi S1 Rally Car was faster, but I couldn't beat my Calibra time with it.

BTW, the Calibra had no tune, just change the top speed to 146, and turned the wick down to 500 PP. I'm sure it'd be much faster with a Praiano tune.

Calibra.jpg

Some strange Megane Trophy worked, eventually. Had to put brakes 6/4 to make it less strange (no assists). Typically the 205 said bye at the last straight but got 3 half decent laps, 4:54.017. Lost oilboost by then so Megane was at 493 pp.

Some strange Megane Trophy worked, eventually. Had to put brakes 6/4 to make it less strange (no assists). Typically the 205 said bye at the last straight but got 3 half decent laps, 4:54.017. Lost oilboost by then so Megane was at 493 pp.

The Megane Trophy's problem is crap brakes and understeer. Despite laps of 1:29-1:30, didn't win once after 30 attempts. But I will do it.

If you want a challenge, use the Megane, if you want money, use the BRZ. 250k in 5 minutes ain't bad.

*Ignore this post. I had the wrong frigging tyres on FFS* :dunce:

Last edited:
The Megane Trophy's problem is crap brakes and understeer. Despite laps of 1:29-1:30, didn't win once after 30 attempts. But I will do it.
The Megane handles like a shopping trolly.

If you want a challenge, use the Megane.

Say what now?

I used the Megane and it was fine on the brakes for me [5/4] and it turns in very nicely, with laps of 1:25-1:24-1:24 it's easily the fastest car I've used here so far.

Say what now?

I used the Megane and it was fine on the brakes for me [5/4] and it turns in very nicely, with laps of 1:25-1:24-1:24 it's easily the fastest car I've used here so far.

Damn, ignore my pervious post guys, I made an epic noob mistake :banghead:

Turns out I was using sports soft tyres all this time on the Megane and didn't notice, no wonder I was only getting 1:29-1:30 times. :dunce:

The BRZ I had racing hard.

So I've basically wasted 30+ attempts on something I should have passed after a fraction of this, due to wrong tyes 🤬🤬🤬

Now I have switched tyres I'm getting 1:25-1:26 on my best laps.

Last edited:
Huh? I have both cars, I was running the BRZ, & switched to the Megane because you can just point & squirt it. It might be I like the mid engined handling better for this race. I didn't bother looking for a tune for the Megane, just took out the camber & toe. Dropped the trannie to 149 & adjusted the brakes. It's a matter of taste I guess...

Edit: I think the issue you have could be the brake bias, brakes are very much an individual thing, you can't use that part of some ones tune. That is a setting you must find for yourself. I drag my brakes so I run a 8/7, I rarely lower the setting.

Last edited:
Huh? I have both cars, I was running the BRZ, & switched to the Megane because you can just point & squirt it. It might be I like the mid engined handling better for this race. I didn't bother looking for a tune for the Megane, just took out the camber & toe. Dropped the trannie to 149 & adjusted the brakes. It's a matter of taste I guess...

Sorry, you totally are right, I made a mistake of Mega Optic Noob proportions. 🤬

I had sports soft all this time using the Megane, so was only getting 1:29 at my best. Now I changed to racing hard and I'm blowing it away in comparison.

All that time and frustration for nothing thinking it was me or the Megane. :dunce:

Last edited:
How did you end up with comfort softs on a race car? That is a story I would like to hear...

Ha, I use Sports Soft a lot on regular cars, so I think while tuning the car for this race I accidentally put Sports Softs on by instinct without thinking. That is the only explanation I can think of.

And seeing as I only use one tune for the car at the moment, I never looked back to correct it!

The funny thing is I actually nearly won this race a few times on sports soft tyres :D

Last edited:
The car is a little beast. I have the 15 A.E. version which besides being an ugly blue with a tire track across it has an extra 15PP. I have found that I have a base model with Praiano's tune (did I spell his name right?). Seems to be a different beast. His is much tamer than the critter I'm tossing around. I think I will run his for a bit, I forgot it was back in the dusty corners.

Back