A-spec Intermediate Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuito de Madrid

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 177 comments
Although the Camaro RS Pozzi and G37 HEP are participating in race, we are not allowed to use them.

They aren't considered race cars neither normal cars. :weird: :odd: đź‘Ž

What a waste. :(
Don't worry. This is Yamauchi Logical.

I'm trying to win and almost won by using an Toyota GT 86 Racing 13. I didn't touch the settings other than get more acceleration than top speed. Doesn't have a monster turning ability like other cars nor flat out speed on straightaway but really, it's great balance. If any can suggest help or tuning for this car, I'd appreciate it. :)

I started over 30 attempts with different cars, then i took the Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11 and i won on second try. What is your best Time? I needed 4:55.

BRK
I'm trying to win and almost won by using an Toyota GT 86 Racing 13. I didn't touch the settings other than get more acceleration than top speed. Doesn't have a monster turning ability like other cars nor flat out speed on straightaway but really, it's great balance. If any can suggest help or tuning for this car, I'd appreciate it. :)

I don't have exact tuning info available, but I think I was lowering the lsd values to something like 5 10 10, reducing ride height to 100 105 and then cranking up the downforce on the body. 86 has decent power to weight, but low grip around corners. My winning times were around 4:58

I doubt serious tuners will spend time with this car as the camber and toe are locked :(

I'm always baffled when things are not adjustable in gt games

-edit I was using 86 gt300 base '12

Last edited:
I don't have exact tuning info available, but I think I was lowering the lsd values to something like 5 10 10, reducing ride height to 100 105 and then cranking up the downforce on the body. 86 has decent power to weight, but low grip around corners. My winning times were around 4:58

I doubt serious tuners will spend time with this car as the camber and toe are locked :(

I'm always baffled when things are not adjustable in gt games

-edit I was using 86 gt300 base '12

I'm not a tech guy but using the Racing model for the 86 GT 13, I manage to get second place again and again, roughly capturing a 5:00:00 time and sometimes a second better or less. Always behind a rally car by a second, always.

My time increased with Racing soft, the grip and movements fantastic. The braking gave me more time to speed down the turn and then brake to increase my time.Still not enough to overpass the CPU in first.

If not this car, what other car would serve great that's not a throwaway car afterwards, like to have a reliable vehicle to use again and again.

I won with Tuner #4's tune from the Blind Tuning Challenge, GT300 Time Attack.
image.jpg

I also managed to win finally with the same car. The car needs fast acceleration on straightaway but also fast acceleration coming out of the corners. The key to victory. Mine broke rapidly when needed and did turns in the second gear before going off to fifth gear before another corner. It's a difficult one, overtook the delta rally on the last turn.

Hey there racers, Need some help here. I am doing this race in a variety of cars, as you do. In certain cars during the race, the strangest thing happens. Going flat out, or attempting to, along the straights, the car refuses to rev. It actually starts to lose power. You can watch the tacho go backwards . At first I thought it must be some sort of penalty, but I am not hitting anyone, nor cutting any corners at all. It is infuriating to say the least. It is almost as if the game is saying that Im not supposed to win in certain cars. The Z28 is probably the worst affected. I know the straights run up hill on this course, but even dropping a cog makes no difference. I am using a g27. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be most welcome. Cheers, Elmer.

I've been having a similar issue with the G27. With mine, it's a case of the brake occasionally remaining partly on after use. At first I thought it was a lack of acceleration. Then I noticed the red brake bar about 20% up from the bottom. It can easily be turned off again by quickly tapping the brakes, and depending upon how soon you notice it, the loss of time can be minimal.

Your issue may be completely different, but next time it occurs, check and see if the red brake bar is visible. :)

BRK
If not this car, what other car would serve great that's not a throwaway car afterwards, like to have a reliable vehicle to use again and again.

I've gotten my fastest times using the megane trophy '11 and rx7 gt300. Both of these cars are fun, paintable, tunable, and have detailed cockpits.

Had to go to the Megane and after a bunch of tries, all of a sudden I got a perfect line to pass on every car for some reason and blew through it easily with a hell of a time. I wish it had been a time trial after seeing the replay. Felt silly after all that trying to get it so easy. Maybe I just got a crappy rabbit or something.

I've been having a similar issue with the G27. With mine, it's a case of the brake occasionally remaining partly on after use. At first I thought it was a lack of acceleration. Then I noticed the red brake bar about 20% up from the bottom. It can easily be turned off again by quickly tapping the brakes, and depending upon how soon you notice it, the loss of time can be minimal.

Your issue may be completely different, but next time it occurs, check and see if the red brake bar is visible. :)
Thanks mate, will give it a go. Update, yes that is indeed the problem, like driving with the handbrake on. Now all I gotta do is work out a fix?

Last edited:
Although the Camaro RS Pozzi and G37 HEP are participating in race, we are not allowed to use them.

They aren't considered race cars neither normal cars. :weird: :odd: đź‘Ž

What a waste. :(

You sure you dont mean the Orange camaro race car? I used it in this race.
I haven't seen the red pozzi only the Orange race car.

This was fun. Although it took multiple attempts and some tweaking. Brought it stock w/oil change and was running low 1:29's at its fastest but still couldn't quote catch the leader. As I finished faster the leader was even quicker. Ended up adding stage 2 turbo, full ballast weight at the rear and drop power to meet PP requirements. Settings I changed were...

tranny auto set to 137mph
Rear toe 30
Rear BB 6

Not sure that's what made the difference but in the end it's what gave me the gold!
image.jpg

Megane isn't good enough for me. I don't know, it just can't catch the cars no matter how hard I try. Sticking with the GT86. Passed at the final chicane by a miracle. Still good in and out.

I used Megane at first and found it too easy. And then I tried something different:

86 race car
CRZ Touring
Integra TypeR Touring

I got second place for both 86 and CRZ, golded with the TypeR.

I used no tune, not a heavy guy on the setups. I always got fourth or fifth with Megane, I managed to win again with the GT with a 4:58 mark, with the Lancia rubber banding behind me trying to overtake me on the last turn. Managed to stop him.

This is quite a nice Challenge, especially since the payouts are generous.:)

Now, since winning isn't that hard since the AI slow down for you until you pass them, I figured I would make it more challenging by requiring that I need to take over the race lead by the end of lap # 2.:eek::mischievous:

So far, I've been able to take the race lead by the end of lap # 2 with the following race cars:

Renault Megane Trophy '11
Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Chaparral 2D '67
Acura NSX LM Race Car '91
RE RX7 GT300 Base Model '06
Megane Trophy 15th Anniversary
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
Toyota WedsSport Celica '03
Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Opel Calibra Touring Car '94
RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7
Opera Performance S2000 '04

I have found that in order to catch the AI rabbits your car needs to be fast enough to run under 1:26 flat for the first lap and you need to run the second lap just under 1:24 flat. The overall race times have varied between a fast 4:39.627 and a slow 4:45.3xx. The slow time was against the first easy lineup that I list below.

The AI lineups do matter, because some of the fast AI rabbits are just a little too fast to catch (for me) during the first two laps.

Generally, I liked running against the standard lineup that has the following three cars, since the GTR N24 holds up the other rabbits for a few corners:
------------------------------------------------------
GTR N24 GT Academy
205 Turbo 16 EVO '86
Toyota RSC Rally Raid

I did find one easy lineup after scrolling thru about 35 grids, which had the following cars:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lancer EVO X Rally Car
Camaro Z28 Race Car '69
Cobra Daytona Coupe '64
Calibra Super Touring Car '94
Ford RS200 Rally Car '85
1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cramer
Elise 111R Race Car '04
Alfa 155 2.5 V6 TI '93

Here is a second easy lineup that I found after scrolling thru another 35 grids:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GTR N24 GT Academy
Lancer EVO X Rally Car
Impreza Sedan WRX STI Rally Car
Camaro Z28 Race Car '69
Calibra Super Touring Car '94
Ford RS200 Rally Car '85
Stage II R32
Elise 111R Race Car '04

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:

Yes, that's exactly whats happening, although I don't even need to brake for it to happen, just comes on of its own accord. I find it infuriating, to say the least. Like trying to race with the handbrake on.

Yes, that's exactly whats happening, although I don't even need to brake for it to happen, just comes on of its own accord. I find it infuriating, to say the least. Like trying to race with the handbrake on.

I see from the spike thread that you cleaned your potentiometer too. It's an amusing coincidence that we both ended up cleaning it on the same day.

I see from the spike thread that you cleaned your potentiometer too. It's an amusing coincidence that we both ended up cleaning it on the same day.
Amazing. Hope yours went as well as mine. Unbelievable difference after the repair. I honestly reckon my system is running better than it ever has. Good luck mate.

Amazing. Hope yours went as well as mine. Unbelievable difference after the repair. I honestly reckon my system is running better than it ever has. Good luck mate.

I've only had a brief go since the cleaning, but I was very pleased with that short test. Best of luck to you too :)

Back