A-spec Intermediate Level Racing Car Challenge: Circuito de Madrid

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 177 comments
Ok, that's a new challenge here, who can win this race in the Megane on Sports Soft tyres? :D

I've almost done it, but just got piped on the final corner.

Sport softs makes it a chore, it took 6 attempts to do it. The RSC gave me a nice draft down the back stretch to make it happen. Got past the S4 in the roundabout to win. Best lap was a 1:27.72, which was the last one. I think I will put the slicks back on, that made it too much like work.

Sport softs makes it a chore, it took 6 attempts to do it. The RSC gave me a nice draft down the back stretch to make it happen. Got past the S4 in the roundabout to win. Best lap was a 1:27.72, which was the last one. I think I will put the slicks back on, that made it too much like work.

That's why I was pulling my hair out for 2 days on this seasonal :D I think my best lap was 1:28 something. The under steering is horrible.

This gig is rigged, got a 2nd place finish with the cappuccino race car. I think you can throw anything out there & it will let you have 2nd.

This gig is rigged, got a 2nd place finish with the cappuccino race car. I think you can throw anything out there & it will let you have 2nd.

Yes it does seem to adjust to your car, and sometimes the leader is randomly crap or fast when you reload it.
I have seen the winner finish at 4:56 and 5:01.

Won with a tuned then detuned Megane. 75 kilos in the very front. Great car, glad I learned about it!

Last edited:
Although the Camaro RS Pozzi and G37 HEP are participating in race, we are not allowed to use them.

They aren't considered race cars neither normal cars. :weird: :odd: 👎

What a waste. :(

I tried the HEP G37 as well :( Now I grind these race with Lexus IS350 GT300 and Megane Trophy Base ( CRAP tune ). The Megane is the easiest car for grinding, guarantee 1st every time all the time :lol:

I think I will take my ST205 Celica GT4 WRC replica out and race it :D

Enjoying this event, even thou the AI is awful as usual. Tried a lot of cars and many of the ones mentioned in this thread.

Just won it with a stock VW Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08, after a few tries. Car has a terrible transmission set up in stock settings but is quite a nice FF car.

Megane Trophy Base ( CRAP tune ).
This one did the job for me too, yesterday. ;) I tried other cars too but without success.

Edit: Celica is one of my favorites but due to they are Standards, no more. :irked: :grumpy:

Last edited:
This one did the job for me too, yesterday. ;) I tried other cars too but without success.

Edit: Celica is one of my favorites but due to they are Standards, no more. :irked: :grumpy:

The Celica GT4 Rally Car is a premium :D

Special Stage Route X_212.jpg

I used this Clueless RX7 GT300 from @ACSR421 that I'd got in my garage, easy enough job against the Delta S4.

First tried a 97 Civic Touring Car but it just didn't seem to have the pace and I lost too much time wheel-spinning out of the slow corners.

List of my attempts: (all on RH tires)

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Super Rally Car [499 PP]: 3rd
Acura NSX LM Race Car "Kunitmitsu Takahashi" [500 PP]: 3rd
Toyota Celica GT-Four [ST205] WRC [500 PP]: 2nd
WSR Senna F3 [500 PP]: 6th
Citroen Xsara Rally Car [493 PP]: 1st :D

Out of those, I found my attempts on the NSX, F3, and Xsara the most enjoyable.

Ridox2JZGTE said
GAZOO Racing 86 GT

Settings used:

• Cockpit view, No Aids, ABS:0, G27 Wheel
  • Tyres - Racing: Hard
  • Brake Balance: 2/1
  • MLSD: Optional (Low Lock)

Last Corner - The Winning Overtake

Info

• Best lap: 1:29.271
  • Average lap: 1:30.xxx
Replay download link

Great setup accounting the fixed Camber/Toe 👍

Last edited:
Hey there racers, Need some help here. I am doing this race in a variety of cars, as you do. In certain cars during the race, the strangest thing happens. Going flat out, or attempting to, along the straights, the car refuses to rev. It actually starts to lose power. You can watch the tacho go backwards . At first I thought it must be some sort of penalty, but I am not hitting anyone, nor cutting any corners at all. It is infuriating to say the least. It is almost as if the game is saying that Im not supposed to win in certain cars. The Z28 is probably the worst affected. I know the straights run up hill on this course, but even dropping a cog makes no difference. I am using a g27. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be most welcome. Cheers, Elmer.

Saw Kunimitsu NSX LM '91 competing in this thread. Wow, one of my idol car when I was young. Also use Ds3 with all non assist/no brake assist, win it quite easy although first 2 lap got mistakes but very satisfying. Wheel, not satisfying... too easy.
20150204_203415.jpg

20150204_204435.jpg

Last edited:
Hey there racers, Need some help here. I am doing this race in a variety of cars, as you do. In certain cars during the race, the strangest thing happens. Going flat out, or attempting to, along the straights, the car refuses to rev. It actually starts to lose power. You can watch the tacho go backwards . At first I thought it must be some sort of penalty, but I am not hitting anyone, nor cutting any corners at all. It is infuriating to say the least. It is almost as if the game is saying that Im not supposed to win in certain cars. The Z28 is probably the worst affected. I know the straights run up hill on this course, but even dropping a cog makes no difference. I am using a g27. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be most welcome. Cheers, Elmer.

I thought it was just me! The 205 evolution 2 86 loses power on corners too like it is in mud. Although it still Wins easily. I use a ds3.

But no problems in the Mégane, brz gt300 or the Orange camero.

It is very strange. You get the same thing on dirt races if you don't turn off traction control in rally cars.

I used a Challenger SRT8 Touring car and managed 2nd place losing by less than 4 secs! I'll keep at it until I hit 1st!

I've made a revenge for you. Very challenging, the second car always block you. Can be win easily with ABS on but no fun for me. Tune using my Ds3.

20150205_034448.jpg

20150205_034819.jpg

Last edited:
Ridox2JZGTE said
GAZOO Racing 86 GT

Settings used:

• Cockpit view, No Aids, ABS:0, G27 Wheel
  • Tyres - Racing: Hard
  • Brake Balance: 2/1
  • MLSD: Optional (Low Lock)

Last Corner - The Winning Overtake

Info

• Best lap: 1:29.271
  • Average lap: 1:30.xxx
Replay download link

Great setup accounting the fixed Camber/Toe 👍

Just to add more to help others when doing the race : Be sure to draft when you get the chance and overtake the WRX Rally + Shelby Daytona ( if these cars on the field ) on the 1st hairpin on 3rd lap :)

View attachment 304788

This is a good reference point to overtake the pesky Audi Quattro S1, and you can see the Delta S4 ( leader ) right on the next corner :D ( 3rd lap )

View attachment 304789

The pictures above were taken using the Gazoo Racing 86 which did 1:30s, then 1:29s and 1:28s on the final lap.

For the budget minded, I suggest the Altezza touring car, at a whooping 75,000 credits. Oil change & a midrange turbo, she can create instant cash back. While you are there, right beside it is the little GT300 MR2. Which is also an easy winner.

Latest Posts

Back