A-Spec PP590 German Touring Car Championship

United States
Anchorage, AK
nomeite
These are expert level events using touring cars popular in the European racing scene. Special prizes are awarded to those placing in 3rd or higher.

Period of Availability
2013/02/13 22:00 -
590PP German Touring Car Championship: Madrid City Reverse / 5 Laps
590PP German Touring Car Championship: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca / 5 Laps
590PP German Touring Car Championship: Nürburgring GP/F / 5 Laps
590PP German Touring Car Championship: Cape Ring / 3 Laps
590PP German Touring Car Championship: Eifel (Circuit) 106A / 5 Laps

Surely it's not just me, I hope it's not but i'm getting really bored with these silly Eifel tracks. They tempt us to buy DLC tracks then barely make use of them in seasonal events, instead they use stupid made up tracks which are 95% of the time boring. Why? Then they continue to force SRF and call them 'Expert' races, while I think it's good PD continues to offer new events even after 2 years I think they need to have a serious rethink about the whole format of them.

Is a strange one when you can alter everything except for SRF. Since it's forced on, I'm going to jump straight in blind at 500PP and have everything possible turned off.

Hope they sort this out soon though, otherwise I'll just skip the Seasonal Events altogether.

Not to mention, the DTC in A-Spec already has a Nurburgring GP race and a Cape Ring race... And did we mention forced SRF again, 🤬 :banghead:

Last edited:
Is a strange one when you can alter everything except for SRF. Since it's forced on, I'm going to jump straight in blind at 500PP and have everything possible turned off.

Hope they sort this out soon though, otherwise I'll just skip the Seasonal Events altogether.

I have skipped all of the ones that have SRF forced on.This is rediculous PD.

Just tested the wonderful PP system:

Took the Mercedes 190 EVO out to the first race at Madrid, with a quick blind 500PP tune that I guesstimated. Went with no ABS to up the 'challenge'.

Short story, caught the lead Audi TT rabbits during lap 3, won by 17 seconds, earnt 1.7 million credits. Not an expert seasonal by any means, just a simple cash cow. 👎
I think you could really money farm this event.

Surely it's not just me, I hope it's not but i'm getting really bored with these silly Eifel tracks. They tempt us to buy DLC tracks then barely make use of them in seasonal events, instead they use stupid made up tracks which are 95% of the time boring. Why? Then they continue to force SRF and call them 'Expert' races, while I think it's good PD continues to offer new events even after 2 years I think they need to have a serious rethink about the whole format of them.
I dislike the Eifel tracks too. Forgive me for saying this, but they just don't feel "real," at least for me. And I hate the idea of having to learn a new track for just one event, and then two weeks later you have to learn a new track.

I'm sure it's not just me as my driving skills are way down on the TT front runners but this seasonal is just too easy. Why set the PP limit at 590 when you can blitz the AI at 560? Of course one can turn down the power to make it more challenging .. my point is why make it so high in the first place? I used the CLK Touring Car down-tuned to 560 PP with just a few tweaks on transmission, LSD and suspension and I was in first place before the last lap in every race (sometimes 2 laps before). I don't like SRF being forced on either but I'm not about to boycott these races on principle. The TTs and these races are a welcome bit of variety on GT5 that I look forward to every Thursday. I will now turn down the power to the level until I find the racing a challenge at my limited skill level and try a variety of different cars.

I'm sure it's not just me as my driving skills are way down on the TT front runners but this seasonal is just too easy.

It's not just you. I'm now down to 440PP on my first play through and still winning first attempt. Nurburgring paid out 3.3 million for being 150PP below the limit. I bet you could almost squeeze as much cash out of this as you can in the Ferrari F1 seasonal.

^This^ +1

OH MY GOD !!!
>Made up<
This one i'm gonna love!
I wish there was a German Touring Car Championship TT!

Nice races, can't wait to test them out!

Looking at OP's signature, wondering if I should fire up GT4 again :lol:

It could be worse. We could be on an Eifel Kart track yet again. I do wish they'd use real tracks in these Seasonals and the SRF on is becoming tedious, wht not just say you can run RM?

I've just got back into gt5 after not playing it for near on a year so i'm loving all these new seasonal events that i can get stuck into, but i can see why people would be getting bored of them all. They're pretty much the same thing over and over again with no real challenge involved.

Saying that, loving this new season. Touring cars are always good to drive. Pretty much bought up all the touring cars in the OCD this morning. Can't wait to try them out.

I'll be amazed if anyone asks for tuning tips for this seasonal, just won all races with a fresh out the box Merc CLK Touring car 535pp No mods!..unbelievably easy, good for building up the Cr though, need to put back the 15million the 2j cost me lol.

Last edited:
Won with an M3 GTR....Was a fun race still :D But I owned the AI by lap 3 and won with a massive lead. Tomorrow I'm going to try lowering the PP and see how well I do still

Last edited:
Hi.

I play with ds3 and won with Calibra Touring car´94. 558 PP

Its hard only pass TT last lap and won with 5 sec´s. 1 milion cash :)

I will be skipping this and future Seasonal events until they learn to make SRF optional. With SRF forced on, its just another arcade racer to me and thats not what I bought the game for. I really don't like the direction the game is headed so I'll just stick to WRS TT's and Seasonal time trials until they do something stupid to those (Seasonal TT'S) too.

I see you skipped the Tsukuba race too, Cargo.

Anyway, for some light relief and to top out my financial status again I tackled Cape Ring in my old 190 E 2.5 -16 Touring Car. Always liked this car, from GT4 I think, and also like the Cape tracks.

$2,189,400.

I however don't make a song and dance about having to use SRF, I accept that, 'He who pays the piper calls the tune'.

I expect these races are designed for those who may require additional cash, a lot of additional cash, to buy cars etc etc.

And many new players, without the extremely high skill level of people like myself and Cargo (hoo ha), will be very happy to be able to participate in a Seasonal and make some dough, while having a ball.

After all, that's what it's really all about, having some fun.
It's not just to satisfy the better players all the time or every time.

The powers that be know all about the private races etc which take place which many of the better drivers attend, and good on them. But these races are clearly not designed for the better drivers, unless they require a top up of course.

So I suggest we stop putting ourselves above those who race here, for whatever reason, and accept that there are......HORSES FOR COURSES, and remember that once upon a time we were not as skilled as the majority.

the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI works perfect with no tuning all you have to do is fiddle with the transmission for each course and you should be good.

I tweaked up a Lexus IS F Racing Concept &#8217;08 with a bit of suspension tuning and won all but Madrid easily and Madrid after a few tries.

I see you skipped the Tsukuba race too, Cargo.

Anyway, for some light relief and to top out my financial status again I tackled Cape Ring in my old 190 E 2.5 -16 Touring Car. Always liked this car, from GT4 I think, and also like the Cape tracks.

$2,189,400.

I however don't make a song and dance about having to use SRF, I accept that, 'He who pays the piper calls the tune'.

I expect these races are designed for those who may require additional cash, a lot of additional cash, to buy cars etc etc.

And many new players, without the extremely high skill level of people like myself and Cargo (hoo ha), will be very happy to be able to participate in a Seasonal and make some dough, while having a ball.

The powers that be know all about the private races etc which take place which many of the better drivers attend, and good on them. But these races are clearly not designed for the better drivers, unless they require a top up of course.

So I suggest we stop putting ourselves above those who race here, for whatever reason, and accept that there are......HORSES FOR COURSES, and remember that once upon a time we were not as skilled as the majority.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8122567#post8122567

To avoid derailing this thread into another SRF debate.

Totally agree with you.
👍

It's not just you. I'm now down to 440PP on my first play through and still winning first attempt. Nurburgring paid out 3.3 million for being 150PP below the limit. I bet you could almost squeeze as much cash out of this as you can in the Ferrari F1 seasonal.

150PP down :lol: . That's like a GTE car winning Le Mans with no mechanical difficulties from the prototypes.

I remember these DTM events always being ridiculously easy for whatever reason, both the old seasonal and the A-Spec events. I used to farm the A-Spec Nordschleife race back in the day, only race I recall ever winning with max ballast and a 50% power limiter(in the Astra). I'm sure the seasonal spaces them out a litte more, but PD continues to confound with their all-over-the-map difficulty. From 550PP Lambos to this. I'm pretty sure it's been that way since day one in the first game.

Of course, I won't be attempting any of these since SRF is forced on and the most likely way to have your voice heard is to not participate, while still participating in the other things that don't force aids on. I ran the holiday ones since there were other factors and I didn't mind getting an extra LMP, then just one race from the next batch to see if it was really forced. Haven't touched another since and won't until they cease... not that I have much interest in the horrid parkfests anyway now that I have little use for cash.

Almost forgot: I for one actually like the course-creator tracks. We have all run every other track a hundred thousand times and it's nice to have something different for a change. A new track to learn is nice now and then. Of course they seem to have stopped making new ones and are just recycliing old created tracks, and the AI are usually even worse than normal at them, but the tracks themselves are often(albeit not always) fun. I still wish we could download the ones we do like for our own use, there are a handful that I have really enjoyed driving.

the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI works perfect with no tuning all you have to do is fiddle with the transmission for each course and you should be good.

I tweaked up a Lexus IS F Racing Concept &#8217;08 with a bit of suspension tuning and won all but Madrid easily and Madrid after a few tries.

Alfa? Lexus? Isn't it a German TC Championship?! :drool:

sIee you skipped the Tsukuba race too, Cargo.

$2,189,400.

I had to take a break from the Spa TT as I managed to bust open a few stitches and was bleeding all over my playseat. I'm not interestged in Tusukaba so just concentrating on Spa if I ever stop bleeding all over the place. Give me a break, I'm not even suppossed to be out of bed yet so I think I'm doing damn well so far.

Back