A-spec Race Challenges #5: 07/08/2014 - 21/08/2014

• Thread starter et_
  • 267 comments
Won the Nurburgring challenge easy enough with a Praiano tuned Chaparral 2J. Nice car.

How did you get Praianio's 2J tune down to 600pp? On his page he has it tuned

LSD
5/35/5[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch bro. I'll let you know how it goes. It's great to finally have a tough race in this game after 8+ months! but that doesn't mean I'm not chomping at the bit for the chance to beat it. Thanks again and love the screen name:-)

Edit: It's possible to beat this race using Praiano's 2D tune, but almost every time I end up flipping the car as soon as I get close:-)

Also the screenshots people posting here isn't showing the McLaren as the opponent. So if it appears as the leader, quit to main menu and then start the race again. I will soon post a video about this challenge aswell making it with a Subaru car. ;)

I haven't had the pleasure to race against the McLaren yet. I was expecting to see it on the grid when I first saw this race but it never showed up even after 5 or 6 races. The toughest opponents have constantly been the Zonda LM and GT-R Concept LM.

It doesn't matter. Now I'll be ready if it does appear.

This race really shows the difference between a GT car and an LMP car. :cheers:

I haven't had the pleasure to race against the McLaren yet. I was expecting to see it on the grid when I first saw this race but it never showed up even after 5 or 6 races. The toughest opponents have constantly been the Zonda LM and GT-R Concept LM.

It doesn't matter. Now I'll be ready if it does appear. :cheers:

You better be. Even I managed to overtake all the other opponents, the Corvette LM Race Car (probably the one with over 800HP) and the McLaren are nearly impossible to beat. Both of them were over 8 seconds ahead on the long straight. The only solution for these 2 would be a detuned LMP car, which I do not want to use again. :/

The first two races were easy, used a miata for both. This last race though, first attempt was with the ford gt spec II Test car, got stomped by a the r35 gtr touring car. "Okay let's try the car that beat me" second time I was beat by the LM test car and the gtr proto LM

Now I'm grinding for the TS030, I really hope this works

FUN..FUN..FUN...... In a 700bhp beast...........

A-Spec_Expert_Level_Racing_Car_Challenge_[NSX-R_Prototype_LM].jpg NSX-R_Prototype_LM_700bhp@600pp.jpg

The Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car does feel a little bit floaty around here, but is very much FUN! :D

I wish the Nurburgring event could be a 'sticky' (not gone), and extended to 2 or 3-lap. 600pp seems the sweet spot for this track.

Won it by TS030, Furai, and HSV-010 GT. Except did it in the 2nd run on HSV, others took me quite a few attempts to win. Lap times were all 6:40 or so when I won.

I have to keep overtaking like crazy to win. Inside, outside, curb, and grass, no time for hesitation. No time for a single mistake.

Both TS030 and Furai are very confident in high speed bends by their high DF, but somewhat nervous when hitting curb or grass, which is almost unavoidable when overtaking. The track is so narrow.

HSV is not so capable in high speed bends, but overall a better all-rounder. It's easier on the imperfections (of both my driving and track surface), thus less mistakes. I think such touring cars would be the best fit for this event. Will try more.

Fail in Deltawing, pity. With restriction of 600pp, it's too slow in the long straights. 10 sec. behind the winning lap time. Anyone did it? However, I love so much how it swing through the corners.

Finally I did gold the Nordschleife event using Toyota S030 Hybrid '12 tuned by Bhowe83, (thanks to tuner) power reduced to 600p , it's much faster and lighter than the Nissan gt500 that I was using last night.
after a few warm up laps, I was getting more confident and precise at the track, and been able to get closer to the rabbit " Gt-R Concept LM Race Car" before the entry of the last straight, I was lucky that The rabbit went outside the track, which slowed him down at the curved corner, he recovered quickly, i kept chasing him and was patient to choose the convenient time to pass him at the chicane corner , this event is tough for a rookie like me, but I'm happy for the paint chip ,and for improving my skills, I hope we'll get more seasonal at the Nordscleife , one of my best favorites .

my final time 7:30,204
gtr concept 7:30,614

Last edited:
The only car I've gotten to be fast enough at Nurburgring is the Chaparral 2J, but you have to have a completely perfect lap to win. That car is so hard to drive I haven't managed to do it yet, but I know it's fast enough. The Le Mans race from the last A-Spec series was so much easier, and paid more.

I finally got gold on the 600pp race. I had to resort to using my McLaren GTR with praianos tune detuned to 600pp. The GTR concept was the rabbit. I caught him under the bilstein bridge at the end of the straight. Lap time was 6:35.xxx. It might be the quickest "GT" car that can win this. There is still more time I left in it, but I won and was too scared to even touch grass. I still think the GT3 cars could win this one though.

I wish the Nurburgring event could be a 'sticky' (not gone), and extended to 2 or 3-lap. 600pp seems the sweet spot for this track.

Won it by TS030, Furai, and HSV-010 GT. Except did it in the 2nd run on HSV, others took me quite a few attempts to win. Lap times were all 6:40 or so when I won.

I have to keep overtaking like crazy to win. Inside, outside, curb, and grass, no time for hesitation. No time for a single mistake.

Both TS030 and Furai are very confident in high speed bends by their high DF, but somewhat nervous when hitting curb or grass, which is almost unavoidable when overtaking. The track is so narrow.

HSV is not so capable in high speed bends, but overall a better all-rounder. It's easier on the imperfections (of both my driving and track surface), thus less mistakes. I think such touring cars would be the best fit for this event. Will try more.

Fail in Deltawing, pity. With restriction of 600pp, it's too slow in the long straights. 10 sec. behind the winning lap time. Anyone did it? However, I love so much how it swing through the corners.

I have to overtake like crazy too when I had a race modified zr1 in the front of the pack. I wish the drivers in this race drive faster.

I use HONDA HSV-010 for the Nurburgring.....

Funny thing was I slide the slider for full downforce for both front and back and got 6 seconds ahead.

I tried the Keihin Honda and got 6:32.195 only just beating the Pagani Zonda LM. I reached his bumper before the straight but neither of us could pull away over the length of the straight.

Before this, I won in the YellowHat YMS Supra with about 6:40. Again, just beating out the lead AI.

Clearly there's a vast discrepancy in AI finishing times. And that Keihin is nice.

praianos TS030 tune works perfectly, lead car was the nomad diablo this time, overtook it near the straight. Had some fun and got a new paint for my collection :)

on Nurb so far, have used and won with the following:

Alfa 255 2.5 v6 Ti '93, 584pp
Raybrig HSV 10
Camaro Z28 racecar '69,584pp
Megane Trophy '11, 562pp

will try some more later,and really depends on what the line up is.

I used a detuned TS030 with just the gear ratios tad shortened. Restarted the event until the leader was a Corvette and took the lead miles from the end.

The best I've come is second with the Honda HSV-010 GT with a time of 6 minutes 45 seconds.

I just can't do any better. I must have tried it at least forty times, if not more!

How many of the posters here are using steering wheels etc?

The best I've come is second with the Honda HSV-010 GT with a time of 6 minutes 45 seconds.

I just can't do any better. I must have tried it at least forty times, if not more!

How many of the posters here are using steering wheels etc?

Are you using stock settings?

I removed camber, maxed downforce and lowered LSD Accel, improved handling enough for comfortable win.

Using a wheel.

Are you using stock settings?

I removed camber, maxed downforce and lowered LSD Accel, improved handling enough for comfortable win.

Using a wheel.

No, I'm using my own settings but I'm just not fast enough no matter what car I use or how I set it up.

I'm going to try your idea above, thank you.

Fingers crossed.

:)

I'm convinced you can win with the Yellow Hat though I haven't managed it yet. Seems fast enough, I just can't seem to get around the cars in front of me and string a clean lap together. Finished 2nd.

@Garek I think you can do better, you have a big chance to win considering the time you posted, I used DS3 powerA brand, 100 times better than Sony, it has sensitive buttons that gives sensitivity in acceleration and braking, with feedback vibration, I have a Logitech G27 , but I don't know yet how to race with it.

My tips for you:
Experiment with different cars and tunes, pick the one that suites your style , I recommend Toyota S030 Hybrid with Praiano63 or Bhowe83 tunes.
- restart event until you get easy lineup, or reduce you pp to minimum on all A-B-C settings, before you sign to event, change it before the race, usually this trick give me easy opponents .
-don't hit hard any car on their middle rear , don't let them slow you down,study the IA behavior so that you can expect their reaction, use the grass , curb, and late braking to pass them. You don't have to race clean and nice with them, hit them nicely at rear side of their cars to make them out of balance so you can pass fast,
- quick passing will keep you gears , speed and momentum up, which will help you pass so many cars and catch with rabbit faster.
- if you get closer to the rabbit before the straight, then it's a sign you can win, you'll catch up with high speed and easily pass him at the last chicane.
-the lap doesn't have to be perfect, there is room for mistakes, the more you lap, the best you become. Good luck and enjoy it.

Last edited:
@Garek I think you can do better, you have a big chance to win considering the time you posted, I used DS3 powerA brand, 100 times better than Sony, it has sensitive buttons that gives sensitivity in acceleration and braking, with feedback vibration, I have a Logitech G27 , but I don't yet how to race with it.

My tips for you:
Experiment with different cars and tunes, pick the one that suites your style , I recommend Toyota S030 Hybrid and Praiano63 or Bhowe tunes.
- restart event until you get easy lineup.or reduce you pp to minimum on all A-B-C settings, before you sign to event, change it before the race, usually this trick give me easy opponents .
-don't hit hard any car on their middle rear , don't let them slow you down,study the IA behavior so that you can expect their reaction, use the grass , curb, and late braking to pass them. You don't have to race clean and nice with them, hit them nicely at rear side of their cars to make them out of balance so you can pass fast,
- quick passing will keep you gears , speed and momentum up, which will help you pass so many cars and catch with rabbit faster.
- if you get closer to the rabbit before the straight, then it's a sign you can win, you'll catch up with high speed and easily pass him at the last chicane.
-the lap doesn't have to be perfect, there is room for mistakes, the more you lap, the best you become. Good luck and enjoy it.

Thanks Sadioki, I'm trying your suggestions now.

:)

EDIT: I was four seconds from the rabbit, which was the ford GT Le Mans car, the best I've done so far.

Last edited:
After a few tries with the F1 GTR and 2J, the best times I can finish is between 6:25-6:40 for a 2nd place finish. A few times I took second place before the first carousel and still cant catch up to the lead rabbit.

Today I tried Chapparel TJ2 '70 tuned by Praiano63, for Nurburgring, reduced power to 67.8 % ballast weight to 50 kg , I did gold it again at the second lap, actually it was easier than before , I passed the Rabbit "corvette Z06 (C6) LM race car" at the start of long straight, it looks to me that this car is good for Golding and grinding :) I highly recommend it, if you are patient and know how to handle this beast, the AI acts slow for this car.
Here is the tune by Praiano63, thanks to him for this amazing tune.

http://praianogt6tunes.blogspot.com.br/2013/12/chaparral-2j-special-chriss-tune-70.html

Last edited:
Today I tried Chapparel TJ2 '70 tuned by Praiano63, for Nurburgring, reduced power to 67.8 % ballast weight to 50 kg , I did gold it again at the second lap, actually it was easier than before , I passed the Rabbit "corvette Z06 (C6) LM race car" at the start of long straight, it looks to me that this car is good for Golding and grinding :) I highly recommend it, if you are patient and know how to handle this beast, the AI acts slow for this car.
Here is the tune by Praiano63, thanks to him for this amazing tune.

http://praianogt6tunes.blogspot.com.br/2013/12/chaparral-2j-special-chriss-tune-70.html

Thanks for all your help, I think I'm going to give it a rest for today and try the Chapparel tomorrow.

I will be driving around the Nurburgring in my sleep!!!!!!!!

:odd:

@Garek. Good idea to take rest, let your brain analyse it, you'll come back stronger tomorrow, I'm still racing with the Chaparrel 2J ,wining 1st place over and over every race now, and filling up my credit bank, I'm having fun at my favorite circuit. I hope to have more time to try other cars recommended by the fellow members and see how they do.

Last edited:
Back