Ace Combat 7PS4 

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 643 comments
100% agree with this. AC: Infinity's flight model is almost perfect to me for a game like this.
I didn't play too much of Infinity, and remember even less, but could you actually do a yaw roll in it?

I didn't play too much of Infinity, and remember even less, but could you actually do a yaw roll in it?

Infinity does so much right and there is so much to love. The aircraft and weapon selection, the upgrade trees, and gameplay are top notch in book. The maps and music is classic Project Aces too.

Where this game becomes divisive is in it's free to play model. You are allotted 1 free flight every 4 hours. You can earn free fuel through challenges too, but it isn't very much.

I have been playing the game since the Japanese BETA and routinely put money in the game. I have enjoyed it that much. By all intents and purposes, it seems that money has gone into Ace Combat 7!👍

Infinity does so much right and there is so much to love. The aircraft and weapon selection, the upgrade trees, and gameplay are top notch in book. The maps and music is classic Project Aces too.

Where this game becomes divisive is in it's free to play model. You are allotted 1 free flight every 4 hours. You can earn free fuel through challenges too, but it isn't very much.

I have been playing the game since the Japanese BETA and routinely put money in the game. I have enjoyed it that much. By all intents and purposes, it seems that money has gone into Ace Combat 7!👍
Yeah, I hope all that money was put in good use...

However, Ace Combat: Infinity and Ace Combat 6 can give us hope of a good ol' Ace Combat 5 again.

Did play Infinity a bit and it's certainly solid AC gameplay, which is indeed good.
Must say that I didn't play it that much, probably got distracted with other games, haven't touched it since.

May have to pick it up again, but man the backlog I have FO4, Witcher 3, Project Cars etc. etc. :rolleyes:

Did play Infinity a bit and it's certainly solid AC gameplay, which is indeed good.
Must say that I didn't play it that much, probably got distracted with other games, haven't touched it since.

May have to pick it up again, but man the backlog I have FO4, Witcher 3, Project Cars etc. etc. :rolleyes:
The only problem I had with Infinity was the multiplayer system with fuel and what not, however, it was one of the more fun air combat multiplayer games I've played. The campaign, while set in the real world but with a Strangereal storyline, was exactly what I expected from an Ace Combat game and was fun to play. Extremely worthy F2P game.

Btw for those of you who like Soul Calibur keep in kind that it also hsd a F2P game that went back to basics sort of and did really well in terms of generating money.

Also seems like outside of GTP people tend to rag on AC:I just because it's F2P. This while ignoring the rest ot the game and just the sheer amount of content that was added from all over the AC universe

I really enjoyed Infinity, the flying and feel reminded me of Ace Combat 2 that I used to play a lot when I was a kid :)

Couldn't bring myself to put money into though (beyond the pack that let you do the main missions as much as you wanted). Just felt like if I spent money it wouldn't have lasted very long, and then I'd be back in the same position, so really my option was either to play it for as long as I could put up with the waiting, or just accept that I'd have to drip money into this game constantly in order to play, and I just wasn't happy doing that (basically, I'm tight ;) )

Actually really excited about Ace Combat 7, as most AC fans have said, fingers crossed it's not crap!

It'll really suit VR as well, anything where your character is seated obviously fits really well, and hopefully with most of the scenery being so far away they'll be able to pull some LOD tricks so that it runs alright on VR with a half decent cockpit rendered around you

The only problem I had with Infinity was the multiplayer system with fuel and what not, however, it was one of the more fun air combat multiplayer games I've played.

I agree, the fuel factor also did not appeal to me very much, I did like the implementation of the perks you gain while flying near a team mate.
While I do enjoy the multiplayer part of games occasionally, I enjoy a single player experience with a nice story and storytelling more, especially the AC games as the are really good in making you feel like the hero.

I agree, the fuel factor also did not appeal to me very much, I did like the implementation of the perks you gain while flying near a team mate.
While I do enjoy the multiplayer part of games occasionally, I enjoy a single player experience with a nice story and storytelling more, especially the AC games as the are really good in making you feel like the hero.

Agreed. But to me, AC04 is the pinnacle of that. The whole letter thing was great storytelling.

It can't be real time... It may be made with ingame graphics but how much do you have to rehearse a scenario like this to make it real time.

EDIT: Just read the article. I guess they just mean that the trailer was not pre-rendered.

I'm just preying for none of those hideous forced-aids and forced quick time events.

Forced being the key word. I have no problem with those aids and QTE's as long as I don't have to used them. My son (who avoids) Ace Combat actually played Assault Horizon because of those. I had to help him along, but I am all for aiding nuggets and possibly bringing in more sales for the franchise.

Ace Combat is one my favorite franchises (right there with Gran Turismo and Fallout). I would like it to hang around!

Keiki Kobayashi, Sunao Katabuchi, and Masato Kanno confirmed for AC7.

Via reddit
Haven't seen it posted anywhere here, so would like to post the confirmation from Famitsu that Kobayashi is the main composer for AC7.

Also, Scenario script is being written by Sunao Katabuchi, who ICYDK also wrote the scripts for AC4 cutscenes & the entire AC5. Art director is Masato Kanno who have been always handling art for AC since AC4, and he designed the FAS giant plane.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/47147449.html

The faith for a real Ace Combat has been doubled!

While my confidence was already high, its now about 20% higher finding that out.

Keiki Kobayashi, Sunao Katabuchi, and Masato Kanno confirmed for AC7.
Via reddit
The faith for a real Ace Combat has been doubled!

I am glad to hear that!

Is it? it's a well known PS Franchise so one would expect it's where most of the fans are.

Agreed. To me it's obvious that they are happy with the performance of Infinity on the PS3 or we might have seen AC07 coming back to Xbox.

Plus, AC06 was the reason I bought a 360 in the first place. I am sure plenty of folks did that too.

If they give us a proper Ace Combat entry with gameplay along the lines of AC04/AC5/ACZ, this may be a tipping point in convincing me to get a PS4.

Back