Ace Combat 7PS4 

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 643 comments
I have ace combat 6 on x360, how you guys would compared it to 7 on ps4?
About same thing i guess..

I just fired up HAWX on x360 too, its really fun well made game, i like the free flight detached cam style of play, makes it more interesting and cinematic, plus the replays are pretty good.

Too bad there's no game also like battlestations pacific now this gen, where you control all vehicles like subs, attack boats, carriers, destroyers, planes etc while controlling the flow of the battlefield.
Also helo simlike games like Apache and propeller planes like birds of steel on x360.

On pc there was a nice sub sim game, i have the 3rd, silent hunter3, you could be inside the sub hearing the pressure on the Hull, and control from outside too, and could calculate your vector for torpedoes and manage your crew.
Just remembering fun games for those who like simlite/ action games of any impressive machines of war.
At least there's Sudden Strike 4 on ps4 for ground vehicules mostly, even though its an rts.
Hope on ps5 there will be more of these types of games, with good feel and physics.

Edit: I was trying ac6 which i had only passed 2 or 3 missions in the past, its well made but my god it's cheesy hehe. And the design is so scripted, you can see when you're not supposed to be able to shoot down something etc. Too bad it's not more of an open-ended design. Its ok to give me a specific situation to solve but it be nice if they let you find different approaches.

The feel is nice although pretty basic, like when landing it's so easy with no weight or inertia much. I wonder if ac7 has slightly more physics?
Edit: Too bad the Xbox 360s are a piece of crap for reliability. The power brick keeps overheating even after i drilled many holes in it's cover to help ventilation pff..
I remember i had to replace 3 times at least my old 360s. Never had a problem with my ps4 since bought it.
Edit: Hopefully they will make a remaster of ac6.
I read a rumor that they might make remasters of ac5 4 and 0. I dont know if anyone heard more confirmation..

Last edited:
I have ace combat 6 on x360, how you guys would compared it to 7 on ps4?
About same thing i guess..

I just fired up HAWX on x360 too, its really fun well made game, i like the free flight detached cam style of play, makes it more interesting and cinematic, plus the replays are pretty good.

Too bad there's no game also like battlestations pacific now this gen, where you control all vehicles like subs, attack boats, carriers, destroyers, planes etc while controlling the flow of the battlefield.
Also helo simlike games like Apache and propeller planes like birds of steel on x360.

On pc there was a nice sub sim game, i have the 3rd, silent hunter3, you could be inside the sub hearing the pressure on the Hull, and control from outside too, and could calculate your vector for torpedoes and manage your crew.
Just remembering fun games for those who like simlite/ action games of any impressive machines of war.
At least there's Sudden Strike 4 on ps4 for ground vehicules mostly, even though its an rts.
Hope on ps5 there will be more of these types of games, with good feel and physics.

Edit: I was trying ac6 which i had only passed 2 or 3 missions in the past, its well made but my god it's cheesy hehe. And the design is so scripted, you can see when you're not supposed to be able to shoot down something etc. Too bad it's not more of an open-ended design. Its ok to give me a specific situation to solve but it be nice if they let you find different approaches.

The feel is nice although pretty basic, like when landing it's so easy with no weight or inertia much. I wonder if ac7 has slightly more physics?
Edit: Too bad the Xbox 360s are a piece of crap for reliability. The power brick keeps overheating even after i drilled many holes in it's cover to help ventilation pff..
I remember i had to replace 3 times at least my old 360s. Never had a problem with my ps4 since bought it.
Edit: Hopefully they will make a remaster of ac6.
I read a rumor that they might make remasters of ac5 4 and 0. I dont know if anyone heard more confirmation..

The 7th game is quite similar to the 6th.
Meanwhile I beat the 7th several times (plus all DLCs) and bought everything. Great, great game. I have made some videos, which might help or interest some of you:
1. Discovering the little details and interesting landmarks on ALL its maps and doing stunts like flying under bridges, etc.
https://youtu.be/rzvafQGfChA
2. Playthrough of the entire game:

3. Playthrough of all 3 DLC missions:

4. How to farm 600+K MRP in SP second DLC mission in 18 minutes:

5. Top speed test of ALL planes incl. ALL DLC planes:

6. Demonstration of ALL special weapons in action (some of them are really damned cool):

Last edited:
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Air Combat, the first game in the Ace Combat series. Project Aces announced today in a livestream that they will be releasing an update for Ace Combat 7 in April 2020, featuring new aircraft skins. These are:

Rage (Mimic Squadron) - Su-47 Berkut
Scream (Mimic Squadron) - Su-47 Berkut
Alicorn Pilots (SACS Squadron) - Rafale M (SALVATION!)
Champ (Spare Squadron) - MiG-29A Fulcrum
Full Band (Spare Squadron) - F/A-18F Super Hornet
Tabloid (Spare Squadron) - Mirage 2000-5
Count (Spare Squadron) - Su-33 Flanker-D
Count (Strider Squadron) - F-15C Eagle
Clown (Mage Squadron) - F-16C Fighting Falcon

There will also be additional emblems in the update, and new DLC aircraft will also be added at a later date (the types of aircraft are currently unknown).

Trailer:

Iam not normally so negative or critical but... So disappointed with this game. Mechanics are so arcadey, the storylines are weak and written for kids and the voice acting is so cheesy, i guess they go hand in hand. The graphics certainly are not ‘photo realistic’ as advertised. Glad it was on game pass so I didn’t waste my money. Iam not sure how these ace combat games are popular? Perhaps due to a lack of fighter jet games.

Iam not sure how these ace combat games are popular? Perhaps due to a lack of fighter jet games.
Because the PS2 trilogy are classics and excellent games, certainly for their time. Not really any less cheesy, but very engaging nevertheless. AC3: Electrosphere is something special, too. If you're interested in fighter jet games, I recommend taking a look at those.

Also, Ace Combat was never a simulator. It literally began as a home port of a coin-op game.

Iam not normally so negative or critical but... So disappointed with this game. Mechanics are so arcadey, the storylines are weak and written for kids and the voice acting is so cheesy, i guess they go hand in hand. The graphics certainly are not ‘photo realistic’ as advertised. Glad it was on game pass so I didn’t waste my money. Iam not sure how these ace combat games are popular? Perhaps due to a lack of fighter jet games.
Well im usually critical also of simple physics etc but i kinda find ac6 on x360 pretty fun for an action game with some immersiveness when flying.

I haven't tried 7 yet. Is it more arcadey still?

I agree about the cheesy part lol , that's for sure, like most Japanese games i guess.

Well im usually critical also of simple physics etc but i kinda find ac6 on x360 pretty fun for an action game with some immersiveness when flying.

Nope. It's exactly as anyone familiar with the series would expect. 👍

I agree about the cheesy part lol , that's for sure, like most Japanese games i guess.
I'll take campy Japanese storytelling (or better) over the cringe and head-up-their-ass wannabe-modern-Hollywood crap of so many western games, to be quite honest. :P

Please no more joint strike failure. Any of the Harrier models would be more interesting. More 3rd generation aircraft!

Personal opinion is that it’s he worst Ace combat by far. Story is bad, replaying wasn’t worth it.

F35 is not a failure it is the future.

Those who fight from the shadows don't last long in the light. It's a one trick pony that is unable to compete with 4th generation and better aircraft in a total war scenario. Also, it is ugly and without soul! Truly its worst crimes.

Give me a gorgeous Flanker over the JSF any day.

Those who fight from the shadows don't last long in the light. It's a one trick pony that is unable to compete with 4th generation and better aircraft in a total war scenario. Also, it is ugly and without soul! Truly its worst crimes.

Give me a gorgeous Flanker over the JSF any day.

Era of dogfighting is over its all about hitting your enemy before the fight even happens.

Thats what the f35 was made for. F35 has so much problems is because its trying to be a plane that does everything.

Era of dogfighting is over its all about hitting your enemy before the fight even happens.

Thats what the f35 was made for. F35 has so much problems is because its trying to be a plane that does everything.

Yeah, they've tried that before. It failed. As for the specific goal of ensuring air superiority without exposing yourself, the F-22 does that better, only it is actually survivable should the enemy manage to come close.

Just as missiles get longer ranged and better hit ratios, so too does EW capabilities improve. Stealth is a static element. The sensors that detect stealth, are not. They can and will be upgraded, and will, if they haven't already, make stealth obsolete in terms of detection. Getting a weapons grade track is harder than simply detecting the target, but that too is only a matter of time, and might not even be relevant, given the propensity in todays ROE's to dictate a visual ID on the target, thus voiding the potential benefits of stand off targeting.

Designing a fighter, or any piece of military equipment, on the premise that you'll be able to dictate how, when and under what conditions the fighting happens, is the number one way of ensuring your own defeat. Flexibility is a vital component of warfighting, and the JSF does not fit that bill. The F-35 is too expensive in acquisition and maintenance to be viable in a total war, and entirely overengineered and too expensive to operate in smaller ones against lesser opponents, or rather, the type of wars the US and its allies have been fighting for the last thirty years.

The JSF has a stellar protection and sensor suit, but so does its supposedly inferior counterparts, namely the Eurofighter, Rafale, Gripen and modern Flanker derivatives. Assuming victory against such opponents when they carry far more missiles (maybe not in the Gripen's case), have the means to detect you, are faster and more maneuverable than you, and have the ability through lesser cost and maintenance to be more numerous than you, is a recipe for failure. In spite of the economics of scale working in its favor, the JSF has not managed to dip below 80 million (dollar) per unit, and that's only acquisition cost, and just the A model. The B and C models are an estimated 40 and 20 million more expensive, respectively.

For services operating more than one type, such as the USAF, the JSF will likely fit in okay. For countries relying on a single airframe type, the JSF is a death sentence.

Got this today as it was cheap on the PS Store, so having never played any flight games or sims I’m not sure what to expect (lots of crashes I’m guessing)
I also already have the PSVR but suffer really badly from the motion sickness so that after only a few laps of driving games I just wanna hurl, so it’s just been gathering dust for months now and I’m not sure a flying game is the best way to try it again :boggled:

Got this today as it was cheap on the PS Store, so having never played any flight games or sims I’m not sure what to expect (lots of crashes I’m guessing)
I also already have the PSVR but suffer really badly from the motion sickness so that after only a few laps of driving games I just wanna hurl, so it’s just been gathering dust for months now and I’m not sure a flying game is the best way to try it again :boggled:

Well PS VR missions are great and this expirience is one od the most immesive games i had on PS VR... But... It can be hard if you have motion sickness ;) Well... i guess just like in real jet fighter xD

So, I played it for the first time and I absolutely loved it, the VR is mind blowing and I didn’t get motion sickness anything like driving games:bowdown: it really was the most intense experience I’ve ever had in a video game..I couldn’t finish the mission though seeing as I’m not used to flying games

Free update with American skins will be added to the game tomorrow. A shame the F-16 didn't get the Thunderbirds livery. Still no further details on the previously announced DLC(s) with additional plane(s).

I like this game a lot but seriously how I do turn off that missile warning its so annoying.

Im sick of that girl constantly saying missile missile every damn minute.

Give me a beep beep beep sound anyday of the week.

I like this game a lot but seriously how I do turn off that missile warning its so annoying.

Im sick of that girl constantly saying missile missile every damn minute.

Give me a beep beep beep sound anyday of the week.

I think I've played the game so much that I automatically block out the voice. I don't seem to notice it anymore.

Free update with American skins will be added to the game tomorrow. A shame the F-16 didn't get the Thunderbirds livery. Still no further details on the previously announced DLC(s) with additional plane(s).

I was pleasantly surprised to find news of this update. I wasn't expecting something like this, and I may just have to fire up Ace Combat 7 for the first time in a month...

...because the truth is, I'll probably play a few missions with the skins and then go and play another game again. Although there's 20-23 missions in the campaign, there isn't really much else for someone to do in the game, apart from VR (for which I don't have a headset) and competitive multiplayer (which I played a couple of rounds of, and then swore off forever).

I've been playing around with the new 'MURICA skins for the F-14D, F-15C, F-16C and F/A-18F, and I've come to the realization that these skins previously seen in Ace Combat Infinity, that PS3 free-to-play online Ace Combat game that was around a few years ago. I never actually played that game, but I have browsed the Ace Combat wiki quite a bit, and Masato Kanno (art director for Ace Combat 7) has said on Twitter that the US Skin Series is "not only one" [sic]. I've decided to go through the list of that game's aircraft to see what other paint schemes could come to Ace Combat 7. As usual for my large lists, this will be broken up into spoiler tags (and I may spoil certain elements of previous Ace Combat games in my descriptions, so tread carefully!).

Su-35S "Scarface"
Scarface 1, the original Ace, flew a variety of aircraft in AC2, but this Su-35 is recognized as one of his canon aircraft.

Typhoon "Fiona"
Today, the Typhoon is one of the most advanced combat fighters in the sky. In AC3, it's a starter plane that's outclassed by pretty much everything. Progess.

Su-37 "Rena"
A custom Su-37 specially-outfitted for SARF's ace. For best results, do not expose to sunlight.

A-10C "Distant Thunder"
An A-10 with a lightning theme that is quite appropriate for the aircraft's nickname and mission.

F-4E "Mobius"
We have so far to go...

F-14D "Wardog"
We already have the Razgriz skin for the F-14D, so why not include the Wardog skin? It's kinda like an Osean version of the Jolly Rogers F-14...

F-14D "Zipang"
Zipang's F-14 is one of the most recognizeable ace schemes from AC5, with its cherry blossom design. It proved popular enough to be brought back for Ace Combat X, 6, Joint Assault and Assault Horizon.

Su-47 "Grabacr"
A gray-and-white Berkut from the squadron that doesn't exist.

F-15C "Cipher"
With Pixy's red-wing F-15C being in AC7 since launch, I'm sure there's quite a few fans wanting the Demon Lord Cipher's gray-and-blue F-15C to go with it. Zero was my first Ace Combat game, so I guess you could count me as one of them.

F-16C "PJ"
Patrick James Beckett started out as Crow 3, became Galm 2, and ended up as a cautionary tale for why you don't talk about your girlfriend...

MiG-21bis "Huckebein"
The scatter-camo Fishbed of a noted Belkan ace who would defy orders and defect to Osea. Belka did nothing wrong.

F-22A "Gryphus"
Yeah, turns out a lot of aces fly F-22s in this series, the Southern Cross being one of them.

F-15E "Talisman"
The paint scheme of Garuda Squadron's lead, quite possibly the only ace pilot who didn't have to do everything by himself.

F-16C "Windhover"
Windhover, one of the squadrons of Emmeria's air force and a key part in the resistance of the Estovakian invasion.

F/A-18F "Avalanche"
Another Emmerian squadron who actually pulled their weight.

Su-33 "Strigon"
The paint scheme of Estovakia's elite Strigon squadron, whose carrier-capable Su-33 Flankers allowed them to operate from the Aigaion heavy command cruiser,

F-22A "Antares"
Joint Assault, the first Ace Combat game to take place on our Earth. Antares One's F-22A sports a rust brown color rather than the lo-vis gray of other F-22s.

A-10C "Oruma"
One of the aircraft from Varcolac squadron, those physics-hacking sellouts...

MiG-31B "Gaviria"
Another one of the Varcolac squadron planes. That blue scheme with the teeth motif may not be for everyone, but it is certainly unique.

Su-37 "Kiriakov"
Rounding out the Varcolac squadron lineup is this Terminator. These skins better allow us to defy physics and perform instant 180s or we riot.

F-15E "Guts"
Press Y to fist pump.

F-22A "Bishop"
COLONEL BISHOP...

Su-57 "Akula"
MARKOV...

F-14D "Lancer"
The first named ace squadron encountered in Assault Horizon Legacy, Lancer Squadron's white and green design is quite the opposite of the usual dark and/or intricate ace squadron paint schemes found elsewhere.

F/A-18F "Beast"
The squadron that came back for more. I guess I'll call them the whack-a-mole squadron.

F-22A "Scarface"
Phoenix's canon aircraft was changed to a Raptor for AHL. Whether you think this is good or bad depends on whether you like American or Russian aircraft, I guess.

YF-23A "Z.O.E."
When this bright red fighter appeared, you knew 🤬 was about to get real.

Rafale M "Cocoon"
Can I get an S!? Can I get an I!? Can I get an M!? Can I get a P!?

Su-47 "Albireo"
I have no idea why, but the Albireo Su-47 reminds me of cow for some reason...

Su-57 "Albireo"
...and this one reminds me of the Jaguar Formula E car.

F-2A "60th Anniversary"
The Ace Combat series has long been produced with the support of the Japan Air Self Defence Forces, which explains the repeated appearances of the F-2A, F-15J and E-767 aircraft. This F-2A with a special paint scheme was revealed in 2014 to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the JASDF, and was added to Ace Combat Infinity the following year.

F-15J "60th Anniversary"
Meanwhile, this particular J-model of the F-15 with a special paint scheme was also revealed in 2014 to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the JASDF, and was also added to Ace Combat Infinity the following year.

There's no official confirmation that these skins will appear in Ace Combat 7, but if the developers really are pulling them from Infinity, then I believe these skins have the greatest chance of being brought back.

An unlisted trailer for the next Ace Combat 7 content update has been leaked. I’ll be putting the new content into the spoiler tags for anyone who does not wish to find out.

The next update will contain three aircraft: the XFA-27 from Ace Combat 2 (one of the series’ first superfighters), the CFA-44 that was first seen in Ace Combat 6, and the ASF-X Shinden II, returning from Ace Combat Infinity.

The update will also include nearly all ace skins from Zero:

F-15C “Cipher”
Typhoon “Rot”
F/A-18F “Grun”
Gripen E “Indigo”
Su-37 “Gelb”
MiG-31B “Schwarze”
F-14D “Schnee”
F-4E “Silber”
F-16C “Silber”
Rafale M “Espada”
YF-23 “Wizard”
Su-47 “Gault”

I was unable to gather a release date from the trailer, but I would expect the update to come sometime in September or October.

And I am very excited. I like original Ace Combat fighters :)

The other thing i hope. There will be disc re-release of AC7 on consoles with all DLC added. Some kind of GOTY edition. One think makes me wonder... If release date of this re-release is November... Maybe PS5 update is going to happen? It would be great and if they going to give us full VR support it would be mind blowing.

Ace Combat 7 is currently 67% off on Steam until the 11th. If you want to try out AC7 on PC, and/or get into modding this game, this is an ideal time to do it.

Back