• 3,027 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR

Videogamer.com
Namco Bandai has announced Ace Combat Infinity, an all-new download-only entry in the flight combat series releasing exclusively on PlayStation 3 on September 25, 2013.

Though details on Infinity are still scarce, Namco Bandai has told VideoGamer.com that the game will be available to download exclusively via PlayStation Network with more details to follow in the coming weeks.

The announcement follows rumours of a new Ace Combat title being in the works after a trademark referencing the game was uncovered last week.

Download only? I hope it's a full game and not some half-baked F2P, online only, whatever stuff.

Indeed, it seems they merged strangereal with...real. The meteor falling scene at the beginning of the teaser is identical to 04. I would've preferred it to stay strangereal, but I'll take Ace Combat when I can get it. Also, the style of trailer is much different than ACAH, so perhaps it's returning more to its roots. Maybe.

I also hope it isn't F2P.

The only time I played Ace Combat was AC5 on PS2. Played it with a controller and had so much fun with it. I can't imagine playing it with a flight stick! Wahh. Can we have a dog fight on multiplayer when there is someone who violated your airspace?

If this is free 2 play, wouldn't Namco likely include paid transactions in the game? If not how would they profit from this game? Every f2p game I have played has been online only on PC. I hope this game isn't the same way. F2p games are usually terrible.

I hope that Ace combat is returning to it's roots though. I hated the way how you had to play AC:AH.

Not quite sure what to think. Can't really be hyped, yet I can't be sadfaced either. I shall wait for more info...
I do know AC fans on the two AC forums I go to are all either excited, confused, or angry lol

I hope that Ace combat is returning to it's roots though. I hated the way how you had to play AC:AH.
I didn't hated AC:AH (it's in my "to buy" list) but I hope they return to the roots as well. In the meanwhile HAWX series is doing the job pretty well for me. Flight games are too much fun!

Merge Strangereal with Real.

I love the concept, because it seems like they are going towards the electrosphere route on this one, regardless of the Real world, some frames show prototype aircraft and reminders of the AC3 themes.

Looking forward to this, kind of a surprise to me really.

Just please please please, ditch DFM.

Merge Strangereal with Real.

I love the concept, because it seems like they are going towards the electrosphere route on this one, regardless of the Real world, some frames show prototype aircraft and reminders of the AC3 themes.

Looking forward to this, kind of a surprise to me really.

Just please please please, ditch DFM.

Same here. I am excited about the strange world tech of Ace Combat merging with the real world. Could be monumental when it is all said and done.

I really hope that the trailer's use of the PAK FA hints at the return of a mystical "Yellow Squadron" from AC04. I only say this because I remember seeing an AC04 trailer with the Su-35, even though I might be looking to deep into this clip.

I am also happy that Project Aces has returned to it's roots with the PlayStation and hopefully Ace Combat Infinity is a step in the right direction and away from the "COD of the skies" detour.

Not quite sure what to think. Can't really be hyped, yet I can't be sadfaced either. I shall wait for more info...
I do know AC fans on the two AC forums I go to are all either excited, confused, or angry lol

Aren't they though? :lol:

The one I returned to went ape when the trailer went up. You got people insulting each other over a 45 second trailer with little to no info.

Aren't they though? :lol:

The one I returned to went ape when the trailer went up. You got people insulting each other over a 45 second trailer with little to no info.

Oh god ahaha, I assume you are talking about Ace Combat Skies? :sly:
DRAMA on that forum. I usually just lurk these days lol

Oh god ahaha, I assume you are talking about Ace Combat Skies? :sly:
DRAMA on that forum. I usually just lurk these days lol

That's the one :lol:

Yeah, drama and all the internet Tough guys crashing on you almost everytime you disagree.

Yep. Think that's the first time Ace Combat has referenced Mappy in some shape or form.

This is amazing, new generation consoles are coming but many game developers are still making good brands games for current generation ps3, so many great games to come. Always loved Ace Combat. Still have every ace combat for playstation 2

Supposedly (according to someone on ACS anyway), this title has been confirmed as a F2P title. Rage ensues (as it appears to have done with Tekken Revolution). I'm guessing F2P is NOT a popular idea on consoles at the moment if the rage from fans of both franchises is anything to go by. I am interested in figuring out exactly what Namco Bandai's plan is here.

Edit: Its official

*Cue epic amounts of rage*

Last edited:
Supposedly (according to someone on ACS anyway), this title has been confirmed as a F2P title. Rage ensues (as it appears to have done with Tekken Revolution). I'm guessing F2P is NOT a popular idea on consoles at the moment if the rage from fans of both franchises is anything to go by. I am interested in figuring out exactly what Namco Bandai's plan is here.

Edit: Its official

*Cue epic amounts of rage*

Meh, I don't mind as long as they keep the prices of the microtransactions reasonable. That is, after all, hip in the gaming industry right now.

F2P is spreading like a virus everywhere.
It's not "Free to play" in my case it only means "Fail to pay". ;)

I hate that scheme. I'm ok spending money for the final product I'm not ok spending money for buying a plane or missiles or silly stuff like that.

F2P is too broad a term, it encompasses absolute tripe rip-offs like APB Reloaded but also the magnificent Planetside 2, their microtransaction models and balancing are worlds apart. I still react badly when I hear a game is Free to Play, but as it is actually free I can play them to make up my own mind on that particular game, unlike a lot of games (on PC especially) which don't have demos and ask you to give them a lot of money. That's practically gambling.

I love the older Ace Combats so I'll give this a go, though without single player content I can't imagine I'll spend anything on it.

I hate that scheme. I'm ok spending money for the final product I'm not ok spending money for buying a plane or missiles or silly stuff like that.
Those things rarely seem worth the money, while I'd be willing to pay for the full game if it meant I could unlock everything myself. But apparently, there's a large market of people who think the opposite. Maybe it's all of the younger gamers who want the best stuff right away with no effort.

Latest Posts

Back