Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
So I came back to play this game after a long while and I now realize how weak my planes are compared to others, apparently now in team death match, people now use the overpowered futuristic planes like the XM-53 and the Falken and etc. and of course I get absolutely destroyed.

Here is what I recommend (besides playing in co-op for awhile)...

• Stay in the under 1500 rooms. This will help you avoid the 2000+ rated airframes.
  • Pick one plane and acquire additional parts slots. More slots equals better parts.
  • Build an air to air and air to surface class for this airplane.
  • Look for rooms that have only 4 players. This will give you more chances to score.
  • I use fast reload parts almost exclusively so I can shoot the targets faster.
I hope this helps!

I avoided the last NTDM as I rank up my Mobius 2 which is my last jet I am going to use in this game. I currently have it level 13 (first one this high) and plan on taking as far as I can go.

Speaking of "buff"..

Have you seen Mobius 1's F-4?? Wow.
I'm just happy to get a 3 million credit crate drop after all the years playing the game. My Yellow 13 is level 13 now (with a CST of 1333 and 31 part slots).

Yo dawg, I heard you like 13:

tmp_14955-IMG_20160504_004202-391431179.jpg

I'm tempted to buy the X-02 Knight, I want a "personal" aircraft to just push to the maximum, I got more than 100 medals but I have other planes/emblems to buy as top priority...highly doubt I will get the F-4 Mobius One at some point...

Wow you must have used 3-6x forced sorties to level that plane up that quickly?

Oh yeah, I used all of my stocked fuel on 6x to rank it up. I am out of gas now and I don't know when I will purchase more, especially with Uncharted 4 and Fallout 4 DLC out now. LOL

I'm tempted to buy the X-02 Knight, I want a "personal" aircraft to just push to the maximum, I got more than 100 medals but I have other planes/emblems to buy as top priority...highly doubt I will get the F-4 Mobius One at some point...

This is exactly what I have done with Mobius 2 (and to a degree F-15E Garuda). I want two level 15 aircraft so no matter what I come across, I have an answer for it.

This is exactly what I have done with Mobius 2 (and to a degree F-15E Garuda). I want two level 15 aircraft so no matter what I come across, I have an answer for it.
The idea behind it was having a SINGLE -special- high tier craft, with multirole capabilities (mostly focused on air-to-air engagements) flexible special weaponry and affordable prices, then maybe max out to level 15.
Now the X-02 Kinght has pretty much everything I want.
Multirole, 850 cost, price is reasonable not like every experimental plane, 4AGM and 6AAM, by far the best and versatile air-to-air and air-to-ground weaponry (QAAMs included for TDM fun!).
Extras: stunning and meaningful livery (despite atm I feel like I want to pilot a deadly black coated plane with a badass sharkmouth but that's a story for another time).
It's also unpersonal, it can be "my plane", not Mobius' plane or Blaze's plane, you know...
Maybe I'll wait a bit, I missed some event planes I want to buy, 132 medals is enough to get a single top 200 aircraft...
the only must is Cipher's F-15 (I have the J35J but it's not the signature aircraft).
Got lots of ace planes from 04 to 6 including Zero except the Strigon Su-33, Shamrock, all the Razgriz planes, Edge (Wardog), PJ, Yellow 04, Yellow 018 and of course Cipher F15.
Plus I missed the low vis Yellow squadron emblem (the correct one to apply) and Grabacr insignia...

Last edited:
The idea behind it was having a SINGLE -special- high tier craft, with multirole capabilities (mostly focused on air-to-air engagements) flexible special weaponry and affordable prices, then maybe max out to level 15.
Now the X-02 Kinght has pretty much everything I want.
Multirole, 850 cost, price is reasonable not like every experimental plane, 4AGM and 6AAM, by far the best and versatile air-to-air and air-to-ground weaponry (QAAMs included for TDM fun!).
Extras: stunning and meaningful livery (despite atm I feel like I want to pilot a deadly black coated plane with a badass sharkmouth but that's a story for another time).
It's also unpersonal, it can be "my plane", not Mobius' plane or Blaze's plane, you know...
Maybe I'll wait a bit, I missed some event planes I want to buy, 132 medals is enough to get a single top 200 aircraft...
the only must is Cipher's F-15 (I have the J35J but it's not the signature aircraft).
Got lots of ace planes from 04 to 6 including Zero except the Strigon Su-33, Shamrock, all the Razgriz planes, Edge (Wardog), PJ, Yellow 04, Yellow 018 and of course Cipher F15.
Plus I missed the low vis Yellow squadron emblem (the correct one to apply) and Grabacr insignia...

I agree. The X-02 is about as perfect as a warplane in that game can be. In fact, it was my Level 20 project when the Mobius tourney came out but I got all sentimental with the AC04 planes.

My Garuda F-15E is level 13 (another personal favorite) and as I said earlier, my Mobius 2 F-22 is level 14 and decided just to carry those two from here on out.

Bought the M5 Typhoon. Time to finally enjoy 6AAMs the way they were meant to be enjoyed around B7R. Has anyone been keeping track of the points requirements for the rankings that give medals? A top 20 run might be on the cards at some point this year if time permits. Top 200/1000 otherwise.

@Vitocorp how many parts slots does your X-02 Knight have?
39/39/39, no extra slots for now, currently level 13, the plan is to push it to level 17, the plane is insanely fast.
Stat-wise, in terms of mobility and with no parts used, a Mobius 1 LVL 10 is better than the Knight LVL 12.
The only real handicap to be honest is the lack of air-to-air high damage for std missiles...

Some minimum requirement to make sure you can optimize your slots! If anybody wants to join the Wyvern madness...

It can shoot down with a single std missile:

T-50 and below ONLY at LVL 20 WITH Damage part L.
MiG-31 and below at LVL 15 WITHOUT Damage parts.

Currently using Mobile fin L and the hybrid mobility/speed S (can't fit more for now), thankfully missiles are GODLIKE in terms of mobility.

6AAM lvl 5
MiG-29 and below WITH Damage part M

QAAM lvl 5
T-50 and below WITH Damage part S

4AGM as long as you have a crapload of them it won't make any difference, you'll get tons of points anyway

My actual setup is flexible in order to switch any SP weapon without modding the slot parts (each plane has ONE AND ONLY SLOT in my hangar) so I'm using Damage part M and Mobile Fin L.

You won't need more than 40 QAAMs in a co-op mission lol
Sariously, you can almost hit the 3000 total cost with this thing

Top 20 baby!!! Possible on free fuel after 2 years of saving and a few failed attempts at getting the Mobius aircraft. Very pleased with the result :D

IMG_20160629_131506.jpg

IMG_20160629_131113.jpg

IMG_20160629_130656.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160629_130809.jpg
    IMG_20160629_130809.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 6
WOAH congratulations! Now I bet you're going to spend all the medals on the F-4 Mobius :lol::lol::lol:

It would be nice to complete the Ace Combat : Distant Thunder Collection ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Speaking of which, my F-15C -PX- is now level 18 and I've got the credits to take it to 20. Just a matter of grinding out the rest of the research before I get the "Buddy" nickname :)

It would be nice to complete the Ace Combat : Distant Thunder Collection ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Speaking of which, my F-15C -PX- is now level 18 and I've got the credits to take it to 20. Just a matter of grinding out the rest of the research before I get the "Buddy" nickname :)
I could not resist on leveling up some more aircrafts as well, F-22 Mobius and Y-13 are on the way to level 11 :lol:

Encountered a weird phenomenon on Tokyo Martial Law today. A 8-bit sound started to play, but I didn't know what was happening. Then after the mission ended I saw several squares tumbling in the sky. :/

EDIT: Okay, there are seven of these squares. I destroyed one and it exploded in a big fireball. You can't lock on to them. 0_0

Last edited:
Encountered a weird phenomenon on Tokyo Martial Law today. A 8-bit sound started to play, but I didn't know what was happening. Then after the mission ended I saw several squares tumbling in the sky. :/

EDIT: Okay, there are seven of these squares. I destroyed one and it exploded in a big fireball. You can't lock on to them. 0_0

Marketing for the upcoming Tetris film trilogy? :lol:

this game has held my fascination for speed when my ps3 went down and couldnt read discs. so far my best plane is my personal favorite the a10 warthog with over 700 flights and its the one i dedicated to my fallen pup brutis

Back