Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
Those things rarely seem worth the money, while I'd be willing to pay for the full game if it meant I could unlock everything myself. But apparently, there's a large market of people who think the opposite. Maybe it's all of the younger gamers who want the best stuff right away with no effort.
Which ruins the experience completely in a flight game. The best thing in HAWX is going trough campaign and unlock new planes, weapons, etc. Quoting nogripracing "It's not the destination but the drive there."
In this case "the flight there".

So yeah, new ace combat game merging Strangereal with unreal, also fre to play , this doesn't look good ...

Eagle Eye and Stonehenge mentioned..:crazy::eek::drool:

They f:censored:g sold me with the Rex Tremendae.

I don't see it bad as a Free to play model, heck be welcome planes or missions which back-stories or stories are charge with a fee, although I have the feeling that some of the classic AC will be held for a fee, I'm hyped and impatient for this new development, still, seeing commona HD and Stonehenge HD is a welcome surprise.

Also the nearly-missed laser.

Last edited:
So yeah, new ace combat game merging Strangereal with unreal, also fre to play , this doesn't look good ...

They f:censored:g sold me with the Rex Tremendae.

I don't see it bad as a Free to play model, heck be welcome planes or missions which back-stories or stories are charge with a fee, although I have the feeling that some of the classic AC will be held for a fee, I'm hyped and impatient for this new development, still, seeing commona HD and Stonehenge HD is a welcome surprise.

Also the nearly-missed laser.

Indeed. If they will have anything like the mission "Swarm" from AC3, I will be happy with this game.. As long as the gameplay is similar to the Ace Combats 3->Zero. And, some classic super planes are available. X-49, Geopelia, Aurora anyone?

If it wouldn't for Ace Combat we would not have games like:

• Blazing Angels
  • Birds of Steel
  • Air Conflicts
  • Heroes over Europe
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey 👍

If it wouldn't for Ace Combat we would not have games like:

• Blazing Angels
  • Birds of Steel
  • Air Conflicts
  • Heroes over Europe
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey 👍
I'll trade them all for a single (well made) Ace Combat game for PS3 selling around 50 $ instead of F2P.

World War II Air Games are not doing for me. I don't know why, they just don't click. I much prefer everything made from the 70's till nowdays. That's probably what happen when you watch Top Gun movie at the age of 5. The legendary F-14 Tomcat is like inprinting. :)

A reason to be hyped.

That's all I need.
1) I didn't see a Dog Fight Mode.
2) I immediately felt like I was playing AC4/5 again.

I absolutely love the Ace Combat series and this will definitely bring me back, that's without even considering if it is F2P... I'd Pay to Play on this one if it went back to the AC4 worthiness of gaming. 👍

Looks like the first proper PS3 Ace Combat will come out shortly before the PS4 hits the shelves. Oh Namco, you screwed up this console gen.

I'm sold. No DFM and they brought back (so far anyway) the classic Strangereal world feel. Getting it, done and done.

It's F2P, so it would be dumb not to download it as an AC fan. ;)

If it would have kept DFM, I would not get it at all. That for me made all the difference as it was a complete PITA in Assault Horizon, especially when they intentionally scripted targets to force you into using DFM.

Hellz to the yes. Day 1 download. From what I've read, this will be available to download September 25th. Can't wait :D

Can't wait to reunite with mah F-15 and F-22. My Team 'Murica.:)

And of course my favorite F/A-18F. Not beautiful as an aircraft, not the best performing either, but put it in the right hands and it will make your day aggravating if you fly against it.👍

Since they're bringing back elements from older games, maybe they'll bring back some nice classic superplanes from AC3.. *fingers crossed*Aurora, Night Raven, Geopelia, X-36..

Well those missions are taken from previous Ace Combat Games, like Ulysses disaster comes from Ace Combat 0. So Ace Combat: Infinity is Ace Combat HD with mixed old missions gathered together in one game disguised as Infinity so on one feel cheated and forced to play Old ace combat missions in HD game.

Thanks to this clever way no one will say ohhhh no Ace Combat again only in HD. Clever move

Well those missions are taken from previous Ace Combat Games, like Ulysses disaster comes from Ace Combat 0. So Ace Combat: Infinity is Ace Combat HD with mixed old missions gathered together in one game disguised as Infinity so on one feel cheated and forced to play Old ace combat missions in HD game.

Thanks to this clever way no one will say ohhhh no Ace Combat again only in HD. Clever move

Except you forget after the stereotypical real world mess that was Assault Horizon, this is a welcome change and in actuality, people love the fact that its bought back the old AC missions. You have no idea how many people have wanted old Ace Combat games in HD so this is pretty damn close to that. So no, No one is felling "cheated" as you claim.

Back