Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
Which is quite stupid compared to the real life, as F-35 has been accused by USAF of having just 2 weapons for air-air combat (AIM-9 and AIM-120), all other weapons are for ground and also usual payload will be with few air-air missiles (probably just 2) compared to the chance to load up to 6-8 missiles.

Which is quite stupid compared to the real life, as F-35 has been accused by USAF of having just 2 weapons for air-air combat (AIM-9 and AIM-120), all other weapons are for ground and also usual payload will be with few air-air missiles (probably just 2) compared to the chance to load up to 6-8 missiles.
It's a game where a Thunderbolt flies faster than a Phantom.

Also reportedly added the ability to change plane restrictions in a lobby(cool), restrict planes to under/over 1500 and over 1800(nice, if a bit strangely limited), change levels of planes/special weapons(umm, ok. Probably useful for those cost restrictions). And a new special raid vs a laser facility along with Weapon Base Assault Hard. No idea how any of those things actually work since I have pretty much retired from the game myself. I couldn't find the option to change plane levels, but maybe you have to be in a lobby to do so.

Oh, and they are giving away more idol emblems that look just as goofy as the last set. :P

Also reportedly added the ability to change plane restrictions in a lobby(cool), restrict planes to under/over 1500 and over 1800(nice, if a bit strangely limited), change levels of planes/special weapons(umm, ok. Probably useful for those cost restrictions). And a new special raid vs a laser facility along with Weapon Base Assault Hard. No idea how any of those things actually work since I have pretty much retired from the game myself. I couldn't find the option to change plane levels, but maybe you have to be in a lobby to do so.

Oh, and they are giving away more idol emblems that look just as goofy as the last set. :P

You can change the level of the aircraft when you select it from your hangar. It asks what level you want to use.

In my opinion, this is the best feature that has been added to Ace Combat Infinity. My friend and I just set the restrictions to under 1500 and what it does is stop people from bringing in under/over powered aircraft. I am absolutely loving the strategy involved with building that perfect kit.

I have S Ranked all three Excalibur's with restricted rooms of under 1500 with 8 players. This raid is a great blast from the PS2 past!

Welp, a new update was released.

The Adler was finally released after so many years. The downside is the biggest price tag ever- almost 7.000.000 !

The MiG-35 is half-a-million and it's animations are messed up. The elevators and ailerons move together to the same positions when performing a roll. And engine vectored thrusters don't work.

With the 6x sortie coming in a few days I can't decide if I want to use my stock I saved for several months for this or a run at Mobius 1. First World Problems. :guilty:

500? That is staggering! Since you have it, what level is it? How does it compare to the standard F-22?
The plane itself is stunning, expecially in some light conditions, like in pipeline or B7R.
Uncomparable to a normal F-22
Mine is at level 10 and that's enough, a single std missile at level 9 is enough to take down any red tgt except
YF-23,F-22 or SU-37, T-50; you can even push it up to level 15 but the benefits (for the incredibly high costs) are minimum.
It has the best weapon pack of all the fighters, QAAM for short range, LAAM for long range and 4AAM for multi AA (close to the holy trinity, 6AAM are better than 4AAM).
It's the only fighter with enough QAAM damage to take down ANY red tgt with no parts but I highly recomend a LAAM build for any tactical purpose.
The cheapest "top fighter" to upgrade, this thing is the definitive infinity machine (of course you need to be a good player to get results!).
TOTALLY worth the effort but not the money if you ask me...

With the new Firepower Enhancement Plan (MSL) L it needs just level 11 to one-shot also Su-47, F-22 and T-50. 15 Arms slots, but considering it also gives faster reload, I think it's worth. Or at max, get the M part and the plane to lv13 for the same result.

The plane itself is stunning, expecially in some light conditions, like in pipeline or B7R.
Uncomparable to a normal F-22
Mine is at level 10 and that's enough, a single std missile at level 9 is enough to take down any red tgt except
YF-23,F-22 or SU-37, T-50; you can even push it up to level 15 but the benefits (for the incredibly high costs) are minimum.
It has the best weapon pack of all the fighters, QAAM for short range, LAAM for long range and 4AAM for multi AA (close to the holy trinity, 6AAM are better than 4AAM).
It's the only fighter with enough QAAM damage to take down ANY red tgt with no parts but I highly recomend a LAAM build for any tactical purpose.
The cheapest "top fighter" to upgrade, this thing is the definitive infinity machine (of course you need to be a good player to get results!).
TOTALLY worth the effort but not the money if you ask me...

Thanks for the feedback. Of all the airplanes I have, I would trade them in for Mobius 1. It may sound crazy to some, but I really want to have that plane, even more so after reading your reply.

When you used 500 fuels, is it safe to say that you did plenty of triple sorties?

Thanks for the feedback. Of all the airplanes I have, I would trade them in for Mobius 1. It may sound crazy to some, but I really want to have that plane, even more so after reading your reply.

When you used 500 fuels, is it safe to say that you did plenty of triple sorties?
It does not sound crazy to me at all, the idea of Mobius (I crafted the Mobius 1 ring and I have a armband with the full insignia, made by my sister) helped me out a lot when I had a very dark moment in my life...it gave me some sort of inner strenght...
11870823_994601943893210_9048268164468848559_n.jpg

11817183_988770454476359_1901412302346971810_n.jpg

Btw, the tournament was UNUSTAINABLE, I burned 3x fuel as soon as I could, IF you really want the plane and you don't care about how much money you'll burn in the process just keep yourself in the top spot since the beginning of the tournament, in some cases you can grab a top spot in the last two or three days...
I repeat the tournament back then was probably the toughest of all.

It does not sound crazy to me at all, the idea of Mobius (I crafted the Mobius 1 ring and I have a armband with the full insignia, made by my sister) helped me out a lot when I had a very dark moment in my life...it gave me some sort of inner strenght...
11870823_994601943893210_9048268164468848559_n.jpg

11817183_988770454476359_1901412302346971810_n.jpg

Btw, the tournament was UNUSTAINABLE, I burned 3x fuel as soon as I could, IF you really want the plane and you don't care about how much money you'll burn in the process just keep yourself in the top spot since the beginning of the tournament, in some cases you can grab a top spot in the last two or three days...
I repeat the tournament back then was probably the toughest of all.

That's cool man. Not only because of what the game did for you, but how you and I seem to have a similar reason for Mobius 1. Ace Combat 04 has a special place in my life too. I was going through some stuff at that point in my life and that game was one of the things that helped me get through it.

👍

That's cool man. Not only because of what the game did for you, but how you and I seem to have a similar reason for Mobius 1. Ace Combat 04 has a special place in my life too. I was going through some stuff at that point in my life and that game was one of the things that helped me get through it.

👍
There's a HIGH chance of getting the Mobius F-4 too, it was spotted a while ago I just hope it will not be a top 200 prize...!

There's a HIGH chance of getting the Mobius F-4 too, it was spotted a while ago I just hope it will not be a top 200 prize...!

I saw that somewhere. The way Infinity is, I believe that Mobius 1's F-4 and F-22 will be Top 100 prizes. I am just going to save my fuel (around 200) until that tournament drops.

Dan
What's all this talk about Mobius? I haven't played in a while since I got my PS4.

Nothing really. It's just that Ace Combat Infinity has been revisiting older tournaments under the "Back Again" name, and I was just asking about the lengths @Vitocorp took to get Mobius 1. I am saving my stocked fuel for a run at it when it finally comes back.

I've got no piston aircraft unlocked :lol:. Might give their rental sets a go. Also:

Does anyone know what happens when all the rings end up being captured by one team?

God. I can't begin to imagine how much money I would've lost from all those crashes.

Have got a lot of catching up to do in this game. I read that base special weapon power doesn't get higher beyond 750 base 'cst' planes. Can anyone confirm?

775Cst planes usually got -1 handicap in damage calculation, which means they drop to having same damage of 725 and 750Cst planes. 800Cst usually got 0 handicap while 825 to 875 have -1 again (825 and 850 drop to 775-800 damage tier, 875 drops to a theorical 850 no handicap).

775Cst planes usually got -1 handicap in damage calculation, which means they drop to having same damage of 725 and 750Cst planes. 800Cst usually got 0 handicap while 825 to 875 have -1 again (825 and 850 drop to 775-800 damage tier, 875 drops to a theorical 850 no handicap).

So confused. Was there a table or something that shows this?

EDIT:
Nope, at LVL 5 a single QAAM equipped by the Mobius (cost 825) is enough to take down a T-50/F-22 while a Y13 can't (cost 775)

Speaking of Y13/Yellow Squadron planes, they got a 'cst' buff but their base is now lower than the Cipher/Pixy F-15's. I know those are hero aircraft but I can't think of anything that will make F-15s outperform generation 4.5 planes

Last edited:
Back