Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
I noticed something interesting with my teammates. When they shot their missiles, they either had an orange or blue smoke trail. Is this a special type of missile?

Incredible the fact that I found the F-16C skin challenge easier with alt than with main.
The main got better parts, but using level 1 -MAMI- it was really hard and terrible to sortie compared to alt's vanilla which is already level 7. Less slots, but better standards (challenge #1 and #3) and more 4AAMs (challenge #2) on alt.

P.S.: On alt, I joined a "challenge sorting" room. Host 1.850 MR, me 1.670, he kicked everyone over 1.700. I hardly pwned him doing 62k while host (in F-16C aswell) scored less than 50k (don't remember precisely, was 4x.xxx). Getting back to room screen, I got the message "You have been kicked from the room"... AHAHAHAH! I laughed so hard.

@nocturnalgrey @CallmeDan yes, they are from emblems. Nagases' give orange smoke, AC2 phoenix give red, AC1 phoenix give purple and another one (mobius maybe) give blue but I'm not sure about last.

I haven't started the F-16C challenge yet... doing the MiG-31 first(because it's the only plane I care about and the only decent looking skin) and started the YF-23 one (because I has SAAMs on my MiG). I did notice however that my F-16C has 50 missions on it. I think about 3 of those were because I actually wanted to use the thing. :)

I was hoping to get the Mami version because its stats suggest it is capable of speeds in excess of 500 miles per hour, but never did.

I see they did add the option for you to spend/waste tickets on (2 and 3-star)level cap increase items in the special supply catalog now. Evidently they get more expensive as you buy more if you really want to use up some tickets. I don't know how regularly they'll be in there, but I think I'll wait until I have a special plane that I might actually need to use them on before I buy any. Right now I only have one at level 5.

Aaaand I actually already flew with someone using a GAF-1 -SJ- last night. His MR wasn't that high, but whether that means he got it from a lucky number or just doesn't normally use his deathmatch planes I can't know. Was around 1550 cost, scored mid 50k but got beat closely for MVP by a CFA-44 Strigon Leader also on our team. During deathmatch I swear I played a couple missions with a red ADF-01 Falken, not sure how that works. The plane was on my team, so I know it definitely did not call it an ADF-01 -OS- but it was clearly red. I don't know of a red skin being released for it, maybe I'm wrong or maybe it was an odd glitch or maybe I'm half blind.

Aaaand I actually already flew with someone using a GAF-1 -SJ- last night. His MR wasn't that high, but whether that means he got it from a lucky number or just doesn't normally use his deathmatch planes I can't know. Was around 1550 cost, scored mid 50k but got beat closely for MVP by a CFA-44 Strigon Leader also on our team. During deathmatch I swear I played a couple missions with a red ADF-01 Falken, not sure how that works. The plane was on my team, so I know it definitely did not call it an ADF-01 -OS- but it was clearly red. I don't know of a red skin being released for it, maybe I'm wrong or maybe it was an odd glitch or maybe I'm half blind.

Like you, I flew with a guy whose MR was 16xx who happened to have the GAF-1 SJ... all I could figure was that pilot got one of those luck numbers.

With the red ADF-01, I don't have the "OS" version, but I do have the standard one with a red skin. I got it out of a gold box! Maybe that was it?

Like you, I flew with a guy whose MR was 16xx who happened to have the GAF-1 SJ... all I could figure was that pilot got one of those luck numbers.

With the red ADF-01, I don't have the "OS" version, but I do have the standard one with a red skin. I got it out of a gold box! Maybe that was it?

Interesting. I didn't know they ever gave away anything but the Osea. I have that one(well I could buy it) and it's red. All the -OS- versions I ever see are red, and I don't recall ever seeing a plain one that wasn't black like the one in my aircraft tree.

I've seen MRs from about 900(!) to 2,700 in the lobby list. I think I've played with 1,100ish people before, and as high as 2,300. 1,500MR today isn't what it was a year ago for sure, but I have no idea how you would manage to get below 1,000.

And I'm pretty well convinced that SAAMs are the worst special weapon in the game that isn't called a Machine Gun Pod. I'm regretting bumping them up to level 3 now, still completely useless except that they are fairly strong. You get maybe 1-2 chances to shoot one per mission that doesn't require slowing down to sitting-duck/last-one-to-the-party speed to keep the target centered. The SAAM parts help a bit with that of course, but hardly worth giving up something useful for. The game is just way too frantic for an optically-targeted weapon, and they can't even hit something flying straight away from you if it slips out of the circle at the last instant.

Interesting. I didn't know they ever gave away anything but the Osea. I have that one(well I could buy it) and it's red. All the -OS- versions I ever see are red, and I don't recall ever seeing a plain one that wasn't black like the one in my aircraft tree.

I've seen MRs from about 900(!) to 2,700 in the lobby list. I think I've played with 1,100ish people before, and as high as 2,300. 1,500MR today isn't what it was a year ago for sure, but I have no idea how you would manage to get below 1,000.

And I'm pretty well convinced that SAAMs are the worst special weapon in the game that isn't called a Machine Gun Pod. I'm regretting bumping them up to level 3 now, still completely useless except that they are fairly strong. You get maybe 1-2 chances to shoot one per mission that doesn't require slowing down to sitting-duck/last-one-to-the-party speed to keep the target centered. The SAAM parts help a bit with that of course, but hardly worth giving up something useful for. The game is just way too frantic for an optically-targeted weapon, and they can't even hit something flying straight away from you if it slips out of the circle at the last instant.
SAAMs are best when used at a pretty far distance, as one can lock onto a target and center onto them without much hassle most of the time.

SAAMs are best when used at a pretty far distance, as one can lock onto a target and center onto them without much hassle most of the time.

During this last NTDM, my friend and I (when we actually got on the same team, but that's another story) actually worked as team quite well. Here is what we did.

I was the designated attacker in our two man flight group and engaged the enemy ships with my Level 9 F-35B and Level 5 GPB.

He maintained maximum distance and took long range SAAM shots with his Level 10 YF-23 and Level 5 SAAM.

We made quite the team.

I don't steal kills if I see my fellow teammate already targeting on a target first before I do. Now if it's a special target, that depends. :lol:

Naturally. :lol:

But if I'm running in an attacker aircraft and the enemy team has a frickin' B-2, that's just unfair.

Things to do next week, when I'll get back from my little vacation:

Main:
- level up to 5 AV-8B -HIBIKI- (actual 4), level up to 7 MiG-31 -Gaviria- (actual 1)
- doing skin challenges
- hope to find increase gold drop chance bonus room to find more 880k drops
- in future get level 10 to YF-23 (actual 9), level up to 10 F-35 (actual 7), level up to 5 4AGM (actual 3).

Alts:
- Burn with 1 of them per day to get faster researches and start level up planes to 10 or even further.

I am at the fork in the road per se with this game.

I have all of the parts unlocked and purchased and approximately 4.5 million credits. The problem is, I don't know where to spend my money on.

My Level 11 F-15E Garuda is plenty powerful and I wouldn't mind taking it to Level 12, but 3 million credits is a lot for one aircraft.

My Level 10 F-22A is great and all, but taking it to Level 11 would improve just about every stat bar.

Behind my two work horses sits my Level 9 F-35, Level 9 F-117, Level 7 FB-22, and a host of Level 8 aircraft..

What to do!! :lol:

I have all of the parts unlocked and purchased and approximately 4.5 million credits. The problem is, I don't know where to spend my money on.

My Level 11 F-15E Garuda is plenty powerful and I wouldn't mind taking it to Level 12, but 3 million credits is a lot for one aircraft.

My Level 10 F-22A is great and all, but taking it to Level 11 would improve just about every stat bar.

Behind my two work horses sits my Level 9 F-35, Level 9 F-117, Level 7 FB-22, and a host of Level 8 aircraft..

If I were you, I probably would end up focusing on the F-22A.

Also, how is the FB-22? I recently spent 200 of those limited supply drop tickets on the bomber, and I have yet to use it.

Also, how is the FB-22? I recently spent 200 of those limited supply drop tickets on the bomber, and I have yet to use it.

I was leaning the same way because of my need for a stealth fighter (IE - QAAM truck) but the part disadvantage it has to the Garuda is something I am struggling to get over. (F-22 has 28 avg., while Garuda has 36).

Have a good FB-22 and you will most likely compete for MVP wherever you go. Fast and powerful... an absolute ship killer with the GPB.

The FB-22 is a great plane. Mine is still at level one because $100k+ for an upgrade is going to make a massive dent on my wallet. I bought the FB-22 Aries from the Special Supply Catalogue for 200 special supply tickets, which seemed like a good deal to me. It's relatively fast, the default special weapon hits HARD on targets, and is extremely reliable. In the hands of an experienced pilot (Definitely not me), you'll dominate the scoreboard. Since I only have the FB-22 Aries, the stats and prices will slightly deviate from the default FB-22. Hope this helps. :)

If your F-22 is anything like my YF-23, with the right parts combo it can one-shot red targets already, and upgrading to level 11 would make an almost negligible difference to its stats. The best thing to do with Fighters is use them and earn more parts slots. I think my level 10 YF-23 is up to 33 ammo slots and that's where the biggest gains came from.
The F-35 still gets good gains with every subsequent level. Though if you have a level 11 F-15E Garuda it probably doesn't need to be a focus for you. If I was you, I'd splash some cash on an Attacker, as you want to be prepared for any situation or mission. Having a high level Attacker will help you more when you need to complete Attacker challenges, sortie at Avalon Dam or when your team mates are all in Fighters (though a Multirole with a ground weapon is also good in this case).

Three things I find extremely annoying:

1: Players who use fighter jets to kill ground targets, when I'm the only one in an Attacker jet. You have your own role, stick to it. You handle enemy aircraft, I'll take care of things on the ground.

2: Why do we get 10% of our score? If I manage to get 30,000 points in a round, I want $30,000. Not $3,000. What am I supposed to do with $3,000?

3: Extremely long respawn times with higher tier jets. I get that it's to balance the game, but I feel like I'm losing money each round. Pay $1100 to instantly respawn, wait and respawn with half health, or wait forever and lose the opportunity to get more kills (Because my teammates in Fighter jets are attacking ground targets!). I'm barely scraping by in these rounds and it costs so much to upgrade my jets. I can barely do anything right now.

Three things I find extremely annoying:

1: Players who use fighter jets to kill ground targets, when I'm the only one in an Attacker jet. You have your own role, stick to it. You handle enemy aircraft, I'll take care of things on the ground.

2: Why do we get 10% of our score? If I manage to get 30,000 points in a round, I want $30,000. Not $3,000. What am I supposed to do with $3,000?

3: Extremely long respawn times with higher tier jets. I get that it's to balance the game, but I feel like I'm losing money each round. Pay $1100 to instantly respawn, wait and respawn with half health, or wait forever and lose the opportunity to get more kills (Because my teammates in Fighter jets are attacking ground targets!). I'm barely scraping by in these rounds and it costs so much to upgrade my jets. I can barely do anything right now.

I'm totally with you on #1, I'd even extend it to multiroles as well. If there's 1 fighter/attacker and 2 multiroles and I see both multiroles constantly going after the same targets as the specialized plane(usually me), it makes me rather cranky, just shooting the team and the whole room in the foot for getting a good clear rank. I've even seen low level attackers haplessly trying to shoot down air targets they can't handle(or wasting time going after Il-76s). Sometimes people in really weak fighters attack ground targets when they are trying to clear challenges though, unconcerned about the rest of the room. That's at least a little understandable -- you can't expect everybody to be always playing for the same reasons as you.

#2 I guess I've just become used to, and part of why I always try to get the research refund when I can.

As for #3, I just always pay for the respawn if there's more than 10-15 seconds left, even if it means I sometimes lose money overall on a mission. I'd rather keep playing for more fun, and also get back out there to try to help the team/room hopefully get better rewards at the end. Ideally most of the other players will return the favor when they get splashed.

My current peeve is missions that make everyone fly around making silly faces at each other for 20 seconds waiting for 2 more things to finally spawn and finish the S-rank or the mission phase(I'm looking at you, Dubai). That and getting inexplicably missiled to death by people who you are directly behind and staring at their engine exhausts in deathmatch. Okay I guess that's two peeves.

I haven't heard of it either, actually.

I make good use of the contracts that I obtain in order for me to get a decent amount of credits.

Speaking of contracts, I have four (Two of both types). How long does each last, and how hard is it to get more without buying them from the PS Store?

Research refund?

Sorry, I'm probably the only one who thinks of it like that... I mean the bonus you get for having a research that can't be performed after a mission.

The contracts are for 12 hours, so you can use 5 supplied fuel. Best to save for when you have a bunch of stocked fuel to use up for a few hours. They're not quite as rare as they used to be - It's been pretty consistent that they give at least one of them out in each batch of log-in bonuses since they started doing the item giveaways they do now. So you'll get at least one of each per month from that.

Otherwise it's just random whether they decide to put some in special challenges(there's a Mercenary contract in the YF-23 challenges right now, don't know about a Research contract), sometimes a couple in a month, sometimes none for a while. The contract for 300 rescue bonus in a week I find pretty much impossible to get unless I'm using stocked fuel to compete in an event. Depends a bit on how good your planes are and which missions you do and how lucky you are with it of course.

Back