Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
If your F-22 is anything like my YF-23, with the right parts combo it can one-shot red targets already, and upgrading to level 11 would make an almost negligible difference to its stats. The best thing to do with Fighters is use them and earn more parts slots. I think my level 10 YF-23 is up to 33 ammo slots and that's where the biggest gains came from.
The F-35 still gets good gains with every subsequent level. Though if you have a level 11 F-15E Garuda it probably doesn't need to be a focus for you. If I was you, I'd splash some cash on an Attacker, as you want to be prepared for any situation or mission. Having a high level Attacker will help you more when you need to complete Attacker challenges, sortie at Avalon Dam or when your team mates are all in Fighters (though a Multirole with a ground weapon is also good in this case).

Thanks for the feedback. I have been experimenting with the F-15E Garuda as I attempt to make it my one stop shop for Ace Combat Infinity. It has a ton of parts and great weapons (6AAM, SFFS, and 4AGM).

I may just bring the FB-22 to level 10 and call it good to. So many options!

Got to do a Pilot Aptitude Test the other day, got 2nd in an 8 player room full of ~2000MR players. We S ranked with about 1.5mins to go. Payout was around $30k.
Finally been getting to take my F-117 out for a spin as well. It's pretty good at dishing punishment but not great at beating others to it (except for using LAGM). So in a 4 player room where my team mate is in a Fighter, it's pretty good. I just got back to back MVP's in 4 player rooms at the Alps scoring around 85k each time (different lobbies, different players).
The F-5E Heartbreak prize jet in the next tourny is pretty good, a 725 cost F-5E that's only a top 3000 prize.

Got to do a Pilot Aptitude Test the other day, got 2nd in an 8 player room full of ~2000MR players. We S ranked with about 1.5mins to go. Payout was around $30k.
Finally been getting to take my F-117 out for a spin as well. It's pretty good at dishing punishment but not great at beating others to it (except for using LAGM). So in a 4 player room where my team mate is in a Fighter, it's pretty good. I just got back to back MVP's in 4 player rooms at the Alps scoring around 85k each time (different lobbies, different players).
The F-5E Heartbreak prize jet in the next tourny is pretty good, a 725 cost F-5E that's only a top 3000 prize.

How well* does the F-117 fly? If they were going for accuracy, I'd imagine it would stall at the slightest of turns. :lol:

*It makes more sense if you remove "well" from the sentence.

How well* does the F-117 fly? If they were going for accuracy, I'd imagine it would stall at the slightest of turns. :lol:

*It makes more sense if you remove "well" from the sentence.

Pretty much like most Attackers, fairly stable, pretty slow.

Pretty much like most Attackers, fairly stable, pretty slow.

I haven't actually "played" the past few days; I only went for login bonuses. Is there anything special about the American flag F-117, or is it just cosmetic? My FB-22 Aries has some extra slots for weapons and has slightly better performance than the default FB-22.

I haven't actually "played" the past few days; I only went for login bonuses. Is there anything special about the American flag F-117, or is it just cosmetic? My FB-22 Aries has some extra slots for weapons and has slightly better performance than the default FB-22.

The Stars N Stripes F-117 is, like the Aries, a special aircraft. All special aircraft have increased performance over their standard versions. The Stars N Stripes aircraft were also tournament prizes, not easy to get.

I still haven't managed to S Rank the Aptitude test in 3 tries, although two of them were in a 6player/2bot room(one switched to the bots after waiting forever)and in one of those we only missed S by about 3 rings. I think my highest score is 52600 and my average is 51430, which I guess means I'm consistent.

I did manage to get S in a 3player/no bot room(4th got kicked very very early) on B7R recently, and on the Sea Strike just now with 3 players and 4 bots, so that's fairly nice. Played a 2/0 room at Dubai Hard not that long ago(started as 8 and 6 people got booted all at once about 30 seconds in. That didn't turn out so well but it was fun as hell. This game is generally much more fun with less people, but you don't make much money usually.

I've found most attackers including the F-117 to be very good at not stalling even when turning fairly sharply, but you do have to mind your speed and be a bit heavier on the throttle simply because of the low speeds you tend to be flying. I've actually found the Su-25TM to be the best so far at getting away with just plain ridiculous low-speed maneuvers. With extreme care the Harrier can fly at somewhere around 50-60mph, but it can't do much at that speed other than rotate with the rudder and shoot -- yet I've pulled off all kinds of crazy stuff with the Frogfoot flying between buildings while rolled 90 degrees and flying 75mph about 20 feet off the ground and gotten away with it. Of course, they don't come much slower at acceleration than the Su-25TM, either.

Cautiously looking forward to the next event as my F-14A is 1 level away from 1,500 and I have the money to upgrade, though it will put me under my 1-million level I like to stay at(for occasions just like this). I'm back up to almost 80 fuels to boot.

Last edited:
I noticed today that the same speeds feel and seem a lot slower in Attackers than anything else.

Edit: So my F-117 reached level 12 tonight. I've got to say, it's quite fun and unique to use, I always felt the Nighthawk looked very badass. Believe it or not, at level 12, the mobility on it is better than my level 10 FB-22. For ammo parts I'm currently using the "Medium Load Capacity and Reload" for standard missiles, and the "Medium damage and reload" for standard missiles. They recharge very quickly and can one-shot most ground targets. The level 5 LAGM can one-shot targets up to AD Tanks. All together the cost of the jet set (pun not intended) is around 1640 and it seems to hold its own in rooms with 2000 MR players, which is all I wanted.
It's a bit of a shame I'll be giving up my PS3 in a couple of months, because with some extra parts slots, and an extra level or two, this F-117 could be rather decent. Its biggest downfall is speed, though more parts slots alone could make it more commendable in that department.

BTW, had another Pilot Aptitude test today and got an S rank MVP using my F-35. Score was around 25k in a room full of 2000MR players. @Morgoth_666, I'd say 6-8 players is a must in this mission. I've finished both times in 8 player rooms with around 1.5mins to spare which sounds like a lot, though if you've got the time in a target rich environment to score 50k points in this mission, I'd say either your team mates aren't pulling their weight or there aren't enough of you.

Last edited:
BTW, had another Pilot Aptitude test today and got an S rank MVP using my F-35. Score was around 25k in a room full of 2000MR players. @Morgoth_666, I'd say 6-8 players is a must in this mission. I've finished both times in 8 player rooms with around 1.5mins to spare which sounds like a lot, though if you've got the time in a target rich environment to score 50k points in this mission, I'd say either your team mates aren't pulling their weight or there aren't enough of you.

Nope sorry, that was a mistake on my part lol. Got confused remembering that I got 55 targets... which is about 22,500 points. Which sounds like it's enough to contribute, but we just needed more people or at least some people doing better than me. That'll teach me to quote my stats from memory without having the screen up. :dunce:

I've often found attackers(when they don't get out-raced to everything by ground-attacking multiroles) seem to outperform their cost rating, much like how multiroles tend to do a little worse than the number might suggest(getting a cost boost from being versatile). My Su-24M has my highest average score by a good margin, and has since I started using it at or near level 1. It offers my best chance to do well against people in the 1750-1800 MR range too, although some of that might be by own lack of skill with a Fighter.

Attackers just have the ability to take out so many targets so fast when conditions are right. I've got damage L along with the target awareness circuit M and lightweight homing on the level 12(1460) Fencer's standard missiles and it can take out all but the hardest targets on the ground with one missile, and a Fortress in just 2. Might not really need L damage, but I find better homing parts don't help much for non-mobile targets, yet the 3-slot part helps it a lot. One more slot and I can perhaps trade to damage M and target awareness L. If I bump my 4AGMS to lvl 4, I think they'll be able to take down anything weaker than an XSAM with each missile, which would make it even that much more devastating.

Last edited:
This F-14 only tournament is sure slow by AC: Infinity standards...I have used nothing but Supplied fuel and are floating around 1500-1900 in the standings.

I've finally finished to upload the 8 videos of Campaign Mode in Ace Combat: Infinity.

Reaper run is my first video footage run, in which I also recorded intro videos, briefing, debriefing and ending videos. This is why they are so long.
Also, in this run I generally waited to start afterburning to catch enemies up to the moment of the engage call from the script (as seen in missions #2, #7 and #8), waited for the canyon escaping in mission #3 and other.
And last but not least, I used the default setups.
In future runs I'm gonna use my own setups, won't wait scripts to happen and won't record the pre/post sortie videos, just in-sortie cutscenes.

This is the link to the full playlist. Future videos will be also added here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBYplLKxc1okMO4wa5GX5OTZCry7tEE0d

Results of the run:
#1: S
#2: S
#3: B (-1 for the time, as I waited to enter in the canyon; -1 for points, plane not good enough to get them)
#4: A (-1 for the time, maybe if I didn't kill final Su-27s I could get S rank as I already had enough points)
#5: S
#6: A (-1 for the points, maybe plane not good enough)
#7: S
#8: A (-1 for the points. Here there's to say that I waited to engage in both start of the mission and post-meteors because of the scripts, so considering the few points I missed, I could easily get S rank without that)

I waited until the order to engage when doing my first run through the career in the recommended planes as well. It just seemed like the thing to do. Of course I didn't get nearly such good results as @Flaren89. Not sure if I could even do that good now with those planes.

The waiting in Bunker Shot is the worst, it just goes on and on... and the second time you have to wait you can't even gain very much by going ahead(and can even make it more difficult by getting too far ahead). Couple that with the million attempts it took to get through the mission and it became very hard to wait.

I can now confirm that 109,000 points and 21:00 remaining is enough for S rank on Bunker Shot ( :) ). My goal was 100,000 points and 20:00 remaining... when I first tried it recently with my Fencer-D going for just speed I only got about 96-98k(I think... was 90-something for sure) and got A, second clear was ~115k but with 18 or 19 minutes left for another A rank. I don't know if the time you spend in the first part makes a difference, the landing process seems to take the same amount of time -- regardless of whether you are barely keeping up with the fleet or you are flying around with nothing left but respawning AA guns and MiG-29s for the last several minutes.

ADFX-01 level 10 with level 5 MPBM: 128k with 23 minutes remaining, obliterated every single target around. To get better, I can just get faster kills in ph1 to get more points; get faster kills in ph2 to finish before (more time remaining).

WWII prop driven planes are being added in this update. There's going to be a Deathmatch tournament being held for them straight after the update arrives. Not sure how this is working with missiles etc.

My foresight about these planes:

- New 5th category;
- Will be in a new branch right under F-4E;
- 350 to 450 Cst;
- B-2 speed but with F-14A to F-15C Mobility;
- No standard missiles, so forced to use specials other than guns;
- Special weapons will be MGP, RKTL, UGB and a "new" weapon: Napalm bomb.

WWII prop driven planes are being added in this update. There's going to be a Deathmatch tournament being held for them straight after the update arrives. Not sure how this is working with missiles etc.

Interesting! I wonder what stats they will have.

Here is where your proficiency with the guns will come in. As long as the aircraft across the board are balanced, I am sure the Deathmatch mode will be a blast.

Will these planes be able to be used in co-op missions and deathmatches with fighter jets? I'd laugh and cry at the same time if a P-51 dominated the scoreboard and shot down player-controlled jets.

................HUH?! I need to get back into this game. :P

For a moment I hoped that it was a joke but it seems to be real. :odd: Then again, if those planes are deathmatch rewards, I have snowflakes chances in the core of sun to win them.

For a moment I hoped that it was a joke but it seems to be real. :odd: Then again, if those planes are deathmatch rewards, I have snowflakes chances in the core of sun to win them.
I understood that the deathmatch planes are special versions. And standard planes will be available in the aircraft tree.

I almost forgot about this thread...anyway, I'm still alive and I still play ACI, with sort of regularity , the next update will be awesome, MACHINEGUN MADNESS!
I mean, they CAN'T put missiles on WW2 planes, it would be stupid, as Flaren said, they will equip bombs, rocket pods and more machinegun pods, and I'm levelling up the MGP.
Now, since the top 1000 spot for the Wardog should be almost stabilized, I'm sure to end up with around 150 cans of fuel for this upcoming TDM, if possibile I want to nail a spot on the top 300, the special A6M5 Zero looks absolutely stunning.
This top 200 for Nagase, is almost gone, and let's be honest, I will probably end with 3/4 Wardog squadron members, will get Nagase as Razgriz, LULZ (Blaze was top 200 back then).
I predict a far easy top 3000 with the special Spitfire in my hands, I've finished lots of planes in TDM/NTDM with cannons,I mean...with slower planes and more powerful machine guns (or less tough armor) should be easier:sly:

so glad I stocked a lot of aircraft research plans...

I think there are Bf 109 G-10, A6M5, P-38-L, and Spitfire Mk.IXe in next piston aircraft team deathmatch event info will be standard aircraft like @unit-one mention before.

Is there a full list of all planes coming in the update? I don't feel like turning on my PS3 now.

The Spitfire is top 3000 which should be quite do-able. What a shame I'm giving up the PS3 in a couple months, this will add a fun new dynamic to the game.

Looks like still enough fuel left that top 1,000 should be on with still some fuel for the piston drive event... whether enough for a free plane we'll see. A few less people burning tons of fuel due to needing an F-14 for this one, good for those that wasted a bunch of money on a Tomcat all along :) . Pretty sick of B7R by now for sure despite getting pretty lucky with people on other maps willing to use multiroles and attackers for me. Pixels event is pretty much just for whatever non-movie stuff comes with each challenge.

Back