**Acelith Design** steering wheels

United States
Kansas City
I couldn't find a post about them so i figured I'd start one. They make new steering wheels that bolt on to your existing button plate. Right now its Thrustmaster and Logitech only, but i think they're working on Fanatec for the future.

I just ordered mine and it shipped today so im super excited to get it.

Im not affiliated with them at all, just sharing a cool product i found.

https://acelith.com/

This is what i ordered for my T300 599xx wheel.

Attachments

• RenderRSeGTEmclaren_Tavoladisegno1_1080x.jpg
    RenderRSeGTEmclaren_Tavoladisegno1_1080x.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 140
Super interested to hear what you think, of quality, been looking for alternatives as the Thrustmaster Open Wheel isn’t available until September...

Super interested to hear what you think, of quality, been looking for alternatives as the Thrustmaster Open Wheel isn’t available until September...

Based on their Facebook page people love these things.

My only concern is wrapping the handles. I might see how much and upholstery shop would charge to do it properly. I wish they offered an option to have the handles wrapped for extra charge.

Based on their Facebook page people love these things.

My only concern is wrapping the handles. I might see how much and upholstery shop would charge to do it properly. I wish they offered an option to have the handles wrapped for extra charge.
they do offer this (last time I checked), contact them and they should be able to give you a quote. The figure I saw previously was 70 euro. Hope this is helpful!

If I didn't already have the TM Open Wheel Rim I would be very interested in one of these, may even consider one for my original rim from my T300.

Screw it, just ordered the DTM Rim

Immagini_con_logo_acelith-08_1024x1024.jpg

Thats sleek, simple and sexy and I don't even prefer F1 wheel rims.

Jerome

This wheel option has me interested. Curious to hear if you will notice a difference in diameter between your 30cm vs their 28cm.

Also would like to hear from you regarding the assembly.

Ill be sure to report back. I've taken my wheel apart several times to install new buttons etc so it shouldn't be any issue tearing it apart again.

It made if from Germany to Kansas in one day. I'm surprised.

On vehicle for delivery today.

Can't wait to get it installed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200722-083850_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200722-083850_Chrome.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 20
Excellent - what are you going to use for wrap?

I use gloves (since i have the alcantara wheel) so im gonna try it with gloves first and see how comfortable it is.

If its terrible then i might go buy some padded micro suede and have my neighbor upholster if for me. I just found out that she does upholstery and sewing.

I use gloves (since i have the alcantara wheel) so im gonna try it with gloves first and see how comfortable it is.

If its terrible then i might go buy some padded micro suede and have my neighbor upholster if for me. I just found out that she does upholstery and sewing.
Excellent, I went for the grip tape they sell, as it's a good price and wrapping a wheel is something I've done (for a real car) before. A long time ago, so I hope it's like riding a bike.

Excellent, I went for the grip tape they sell, as it's a good price and wrapping a wheel is something I've done (for a real car) before. A long time ago, so I hope it's like riding a bike.

Hopefully! You'll have to share your experience. It looked nice but i didn't even think of it when i ordered honestly

Excellent stuff, can't wait for mine now.

Here's the finished product. Not sure about what stickers to use yet.

It got late last night so i didnt get a chance to try it out. I will tonight.

Attachments

• 20200722_204956.jpg
    20200722_204956.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 20200722_204948.jpg
    20200722_204948.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 151
  • 20200722_203959.jpg
    20200722_203959.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 20200722_204010.jpg
    20200722_204010.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 158
Just to be clear, Acelith do offer upholstered grips as an option. Depending on model, they can do alcantara or leather, with choice of stitching colour, and for the wheel mod itself, it's either steel, or again on certain models, aluminium or genuine carbon fibre (the steel and aluminium options have a carbon look wrap applied).

I recieved my Thrustmaster T-GT mode with leather grip on a real carbon plate last week. Easy to fix as its just a case of reomoving screws and hex bolts and then replacing with the Acelith mod.

Quality is superb. I love it

Attachments

• Acelith Wheel.png
    Acelith Wheel.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 129
Ordered the GT3 wheel in Carbon with leather coverings, they were not cheap!

Need to get some new paddle shift hinges 3D printed *somewhere* mine have been glued back together more times than I care to count.

Just to be clear, Acelith do offer upholstered grips as an option. Depending on model, they can do alcantara or leather, with choice of stitching colour, and for the wheel mod itself, it's either steel, or again on certain models, aluminium or genuine carbon fibre (the steel and aluminium options have a carbon look wrap applied).

I recieved my Thrustmaster T-GT mode with leather grip on a real carbon plate last week. Easy to fix as its just a case of reomoving screws and hex bolts and then replacing with the Acelith mod.

Quality is superb. I love it

Looks great!

921703-fb53c95a8541be2f7d63b30915ca5a6b.jpg

On their web page the wheel you bought is listed at 280mmm. Your wheel, T300 599xx wheel, is 300mm.

Looking at the above photo it appears your new wheel is equal to in size if not LARGER than the original. Optical illusion?

Look forward to yours and @Scaff 'shake down' of the new wheel and see how you both wrap the handles.

P.S. The wheel looks great!!!

Back