Activating SRF in some quick matches?

• Thread starter kilesa4568
  • 90 comments
England
England
kilesa4568
As some of you may know, it's possible to see SRF turned on in some non SRF quick matches (expert events) and it gives you a huge advantage over the non SRF users. To the point that a lot of people run practically every quick match with SRF enabled (looking for it) and as you can imagine, seriously annoying for the people who never see it turned on but end up in races against them.

@FPV MIC found out how they were doing it (knowingly or by accident) and we tried to get it fixed. They improved it a lot on the 18th of April (server maintenance) but they didn't test the fix enough. Instead of 8 or 9 times out of ten connection attempts seeing SRF on, it dropped to 2 or 3 out of ten. I reported it again but still waiting to hear/see anything.

Now the 64k dollar question. Should the bug be common knowledge so everyone has the chance of the same advantage but with the likelihood you'll be running against non SRF users as well as other SRF users?

The flip side, the people who knowingly or unknowingly run with it turned on carry on getting the same big advantage over the majority of other people?

So you know, I run without it by choice and race hop to find clean rooms when I see people using it. If the bug becomes public, I'll likely be killing off the quick matches for myself but if there's a chance I could get a fairer race, it's possibly worth the gamble.

The main reason I'm asking is for the bug to be common knowledge and to gamble on PD looking at it again.

Help me make up my mind please. Would you risk making quick match worse (re: SRF) to try and (hopefully) make it fairer. Run them how they're meant to be run.

It's a bug that's either on or off. If it's on, you're in the lottery to see if you get an SRF race. If the bug is off, you'll never see it and possibly (likely) have to run against people with it turned on. That's in all quick matches.

There's no middle ground. It's either make it public and have more people knowingly exploiting it (hopefully drawing more attention) or keep quiet and keep the number of SRF users as small as possible. As I said, if it goes public and people get tempted to use it, there's still the possibility it won't get fixed and the expert quick matches will be ruined for the other non SRF users out there.

Are you sure it's only an SRF on/off issue??? Cause, I do quite a bit of QM racing, and I've noticed another issue in the Quick Matches.

I use a DS3 controller and I have the RA menu setup as well. In about 70% of the races that I can join (I've been having terrible connectivity issues), I have to adjust both my TC and ABS settings within the RA menu, even though I've already done that in the Driving Options menu while waiting for the race to start or before I can run a warmup.

It seems to me that a lot of people don't know this, cause I'm smoking a lot of people off the line no matter where on the grid I start. If my observation is right, and a good portion of the racers are still in a hidden TC5 state (as that is the default with any Courtesy Car), that would add to the problems as well.

Cheers

I`ve had that issue a lot,first match in if I adjust settings,I get disconnected,so I have to wait till the second or even third match to adjust TC.
I guess matching times have gotten better,I only have at average 200kb upload which is really half of what I need but I still have gotten competitive lap times.

Are you sure it's only an SRF on/off issue??? Cause, I do quite a bit of QM racing, and I've noticed another issue in the Quick Matches.

I use a DS3 controller and I have the RA menu setup as well. In about 70% of the races that I can join (I've been having terrible connectivity issues), I have to adjust both my TC and ABS settings within the RA menu, even though I've already done that in the Driving Options menu while waiting for the race to start or before I can run a warmup.

It seems to me that a lot of people don't know this, cause I'm smoking a lot of people off the line no matter where on the grid I start. If my observation is right, and a good portion of the racers are still in a hidden TC5 state (as that is the default with any Courtesy Car), that would add to the problems as well.

Cheers

I've not come across that before. Any changes I make always seem to stick so I couldn't really comment on that. I only change the settings after I've clicked the Watch Race or before warm up though.

After another night sleeping on it, I think it's best to let people know how it's done and try and get PD to look at it. Too much race hopping last night trying to find a clean race.

Turn SRF on in your career mode to get a quick match SRF lottery ticket. That's all you have to do. Most people don't touch their career mode and it's easily forgotten whether it's turned on or not. That's why the same people who've seen SRF on in quick match carry on seeing it and the people that don't (me), don't.

I have never seen SRF on in quick match, how are they doing it ?.

Well i tought the same as you. But its on or off. They must put it on or off. No compromis. With it on i drive better but its sucks for the other drivers.

It's always off for fordlaser777 because it's turned off in his career mode. You are seeing SRF because you've got it turned on. Turn it off in career mode and you won't see it in the expert quick matches. It wouldn't suck for the other drivers then.

As some of you may know, it's possible to see SRF turned on in some non SRF quick matches (expert events) and it gives you a huge advantage over the non SRF users. To the point that a lot of people run practically every quick match with SRF enabled (looking for it) and as you can imagine, seriously annoying for the people who never see it turned on but end up in races against them.

@FPV MIC found out how they were doing it (knowingly or by accident) and we tried to get it fixed. They improved it a lot on the 18th of April (server maintenance) but they didn't test the fix enough. Instead of 8 or 9 times out of ten connection attempts seeing SRF on, it dropped to 2 or 3 out of ten. I reported it again but still waiting to hear/see anything.

Now the 64k dollar question. Should the bug be common knowledge so everyone has the chance of the same advantage but with the likelihood you'll be running against non SRF users as well as other SRF users?

The flip side, the people who knowingly or unknowingly run with it turned on carry on getting the same big advantage over the majority of other people?

So you know, I run without it by choice and race hop to find clean rooms when I see people using it. If the bug becomes public, I'll likely be killing off the quick matches for myself but if there's a chance I could get a fairer race, it's possibly worth the gamble.

The main reason I'm asking is for the bug to be common knowledge and to gamble on PD looking at it again.

Help me make up my mind please. Would you risk making quick match worse (re: SRF) to try and (hopefully) make it fairer. Run them how they're meant to be run.

reveal it and let it be fair to all.

reveal it and let it be fair to all.
He has. Third post(#9) above yours. If you want a chance at SRF just enable it in career/arcade mode while in any car and sometimes it stays on when you enter QM. If you don't ever want to get SRF just disable it any of the game modes and you won't get it. Simple.:cheers:

It's always off for fordlaser777 because it's turned off in his career mode. You are seeing SRF because you've got it turned on. Turn it off in career mode and you won't see it in the expert quick matches. It wouldn't suck for the other drivers then.
But when l did the career mode SRF was always on so you have to rule that out.

But when l did the career mode SRF was always on so you have to rule that out.
Have you had SRF on recently? The bug has only been around for two or three months (approximately) and does not work every time. I had never run SRF so I never encountered the bug, but many others had, so I just put two and two together, enabled SRF and first QM after that I had SRF on (grayed out). This was repeatable and was tested in different QM's all with the same result, SRF enabled before entering QM = A chance at SRF in QM, SRF diabled before entering QM = no chance of SRF in QM's. It's not quite as prevalent now as it was but it's still there.

Have you had SRF on recently? The bug has only been around for two or three months (approximately) and does not work every time. I had never run SRF so I never encountered the bug, but many others had, so I just put two and two together, enabled SRF and first QM after that I had SRF on (grayed out). This was repeatable and was tested in different QM's all with the same result, SRF enabled before entering QM = A chance at SRF in QM, SRF diabled before entering QM = no chance of SRF in QM's. It's not quite as prevalent now as it was but it's still there.
Yes I have had SRF on recently, as I said it before I have never seen it on in QM.

Yes I have had SRF on recently, as I said it before I have never seen it on in QM.
You are either lucky/unlucky (which ever way you want to look at it). This was my first go just now at Red Bull Ring...
20160522_153234.jpg

But that is for a courtesy car, not you own car.
What we are saying is SRF can be made to be on in a supposedly non-SRF QM, whether it's a courtesy car or my own car is totally irrelevant. It could be done in the 464pp Mazda Roadster and the 500pp Roma event using my own car as well.
Edit: ASM/SRF/Active Steering all stay the same for all cars you use after enabling them, unless you manually disable them. Only Traction Control is a car by car setting. This is why SRF can be carried over into a non-SRF QM.

Last edited:
What we are saying is SRF can be made to be on in a supposedly non-SRF QM, whether it's a courtesy car or my own car is totally irrelevant. It could be done in the 464pp Mazda Roadster and the 500pp Roma event using my own car as well.
Edit: ASM/SRF/Active Steering all stay the same for all cars you use after enabling them, unless you manually disable them. Only Traction Control is a car by car setting. This is why SRF can be carried over into a non-SRF QM.
I think that SFR thing wether it is on/off is BS in quick matches and that's my opinion on this, I think we can put this one to bed now because there is no significant evidence on this, I will not reply anymore.

I think that SFR thing wether it is on/off is BS in quick matches and that's my opinion on this, I think we can put this one to bed now because there is no significant evidence on this, I will not reply anymore.

We can put this to bed can we? Probably better if you don't reply again...

You've already stated you never see SRF turned on in quick matches when you admit it's turned on in your career mode. There's no exceptions. If it's on in one, it's on (at times) in the other. Please don't muddy the water when people are hoping for a fix.

In my opinion your putting your hands over your eyes and saying ''If I can't see it, then it's not happening'' attitude and then giving me "no right of reply'' is very childish. Just to further clarify this, for your benefit, proof also that the above photo(post #21) of the Red Bull Ring QM is an SRF off event...
20160522_161845.jpg

I do not take people calling my integrity into question lightly, and as I have supplied you with proof that this is occurring, I would think you might want to revisit your previous statements.

Last edited:
In my opinion your putting your hands over your eyes and saying ''If I can't see it, then it's not happening'' attitude and then giving me "no right of reply'' is very childish. Just to further clarify this, for your benefit, proof also that the above photo(post #21) of the Red Bull Ring QM is an SRF off event...
View attachment 548759
I do not take people calling my integrity into question lightly, and as I have supplied you with proof that this is occurring, I would think you might want to revisit your previous statements.
A thousand apologies, I just tried this again and you are 100% right you can change it I am so :embarrassed:. I don't know how it never work before when I tried this strange and that why I called it BS.

Last edited:
Hello there!
1. excuse my bad english.
2. xthousand thx for information about SRF bug.

Since 1 year i follow the gtplanet forums and learned a lot, got much good advices.
Now I decided to sign in.
For long time I was wondering why racers as good as me were always a bit faster, I could never reach them, just sometimes. Blamed it on connection problems. But now,now,now I got it. Damned !
Yesterday I tested to get SRF, it worked and my desperate tries to reach first places: DID IT!

Drive always without driving aid, so I never got the bug and so I was permanently betrayed by some "drivers".
Yesterday I could beat some guys I sent a "Respect!" in last months. O man!
So thanks for made it public, hope PD will fix it, and also hope to drive with some of you sometimes!

PS. Sent from germany

I think it's a good thing to make this public.Must say I wasn't aware of this 'bug'.
Once and a while I run those events.but never check the srf option cause I never use it.
It shouldn't be available in the game at all as far as I'm concerned.
I sincerely hope PD get rid of this for future games.

I dont care if it is on or off, Sometimes its off and then i race also. Wat's the deal? Let everybody race how he would.... On the redd bull ring its not a big deal, I winning there a couple races with it off. Only a couple corners can be slippery but i learn that in 2 rounds... On other tracks its a bit different. On the fuji speedway it have a lot more impact.

Last edited:
View attachment 548759
Who said that this is a SRF off QM ? Is there a rule ? Serious question.

Edit: yes i see it. Well: big mistakes from PD...👎👎

Back