Activating SRF in some quick matches?

• Thread starter kilesa4568
  • 90 comments
I dont care if it is on or off, Sometimes its off and then i race also. Wat's the deal? Let everybody race how he would.... On the redd bull ring its not a big deal, I winning there a couple races with it off. Only a couple corners can be slippery but i learn that in 2 rounds... On other tracks its a bit different. On the fuji speedway it have a lot more impact.

I dont care if it is on or off, Sometimes its off and then i race also. Wat's the deal? Let everybody race how he would.... On the redd bull ring its not a big deal, I winning there a couple races with it off. Only a couple corners can be slippery but i learn that in 2 rounds... On other tracks its a bit different. On the fuji speedway it have a lot more impact.
The point is not to let people race how they would, of course they should do so. The point is: not everybody knows that he could have another option. Its not fair. I say: SRF on for everyone OR off for everyone, but no cheating/choosing.
I prefer OFF, some cars make much more fun without SRF ;)

The point is not to let people race how they would, of course they should do so. The point is: not everybody knows that he could have another option. Its not fair. I say: SRF on for everyone OR off for everyone, but no cheating/choosing.
I prefer OFF, some cars make much more fun without SRF ;)
Thank You for being one of the very few around here that seems to understand the whole point of this thread.👍👍👍👍
I never use SRF for the same reason as you (the fun factor):cheers:

As a side note, I did another fairly extensive test yesterday. I will do another shorter one later today and then post my results in this thread.

I gave it a quick test tonight with the prototypes and had 3 out of 3 connections with SRF on. Ran one race, beat my lap time by 1.5 seconds (07.1 down to 5.6...missed the 6s altogether) and 5 seconds off my best total time, 3.20. Totally pointless time as I know I could go a lot quicker if I got used to SRF.

The distance you can cut off your braking points defies belief and getting the power down so much earlier was ridiculous. I ran with TC on 0 for the race and it was embarrassing how early I could get on the power with the SRF always saving my arse. Even the chicane at the end was daft. Get your wheels anywhere near pointing forwards and you can floor it.

I couldn't handle another race with it on. Turned it off (amazingly, it was also off in quick match!), struggled to win again and saw race after race of 05s and low 20s total. Not mine though unfortunately. Back to the humdrum low 7s and mid 20s for me.

Pffft. It's only SRF. Where's the harm?:banghead:

For anyone interested, this is the results of my most recent tests:
All four events were tested 10 times each in a row with both SRF on and SRF off in my menu(DC's were not counted in the ten and there were many). The same method was used to switch SRF from on to off and vice versa. This was - Garage>Free Run>World>Red Bull Ring Short>Driving Options> Skid Recovery Force On/Off>Exit.
All four events are SRF forced off (supposedly).
The first car in the list of each was used (easiest for me).
IMPORTANT: Do Not Enter Driving Options In The First Screen It Appears. Wait until in the lobby with the other racers.
I did not enter any of the races, this was purely to see if SRF was ON (grayed out) or not.
Results:
Nurburgring -
8/10 times when SRF was ON in my menu
0/10 times when SRF was OFF in my menu
Red Bull Ring -
8/10 times when SRF was ON in my menu
Toscana -
3/10 times when SRF was ON in my menu
Spa -
7/10 times when SRF was ON in my menu
I repeated this test today but for one track only:
Red Bull Ring -
3/10 times when SRF was ON in my menu (6 DC's)
0/10 times when SRF was OFF in my menu (0 DC's. This was not the case at any of the tracks yesterday)

Take from this what you want to, or better still test it for yourself, but for me, there are some fairly obvious points I can take from this.
All events are affected by this SRF On/Off crap.
None were affected with SRF Off in my menu (this may not have always been the case but in all of my many tests it has been)
This bug occurs very randomly but very repeatably(80% down to 30% at RBR is a huge drop)
I did also note that SRF could be either on or off when I exited and re-entered in the same lobby with SRF enabled (this only happened once) and if I checked the Driving Options the first time it appeared SRF was always off and remained that way (only checked with SRF on in my options and separate to the above test).
Cheers, that's about 6 hours of my life I will never get back:lol:.

Well oke ..... but you think Drivers gonna go if the SRF is on? I drive the most on the Red Bull ring and it seems everybody have the SRF on there. PD must fix this.

For the 122334 time: On or off. For me its not a big deal, I drive what i got. I try to win but so not: Next time better....

Well oke ..... but you think Drivers gonna go if the SRF is on? I drive the most on the Red Bull ring and it seems everybody have the SRF on there. PD must fix this.

For the 122334 time: On or off. For me its not a big deal, I drive what i got. I try to win but so not: Next time better....

That's exactly the reason for this thread. If they know how to activate the bug, they also know how to deactivate it but they're still choosing to run with it on. You've proved that and seeing the last few quick matches I've run, you're not on your own.

I want the bug to be so widespread, it can't go unnoticed any more and they have to fix it. Then nobody gets to use it and we have fair racing again.

Edit: The person who reported the bug for us the first time has sent another report in and I've given him a link to this thread for some more info.

Last edited:
I also tried.
The results are shown in the image.
QM Bug.png

SRF was turned to ON, was entering a room.
Interestingly, check the driving options during the race. SRF is that that will remain ON.
I have not seen the ON in the other.

Sorry. I English is not well.

I also tried.

SRF was turned to ON, was entering a room.
Interestingly, check the driving options during the race. SRF is that that will remain ON.
I have not seen the ON in the other.

Sorry. I English is not well.
Thanks for giving the test a go, your results are very similar to the second part of my test. 👍:cheers:

Last edited:
I've only been doing the LMP race at Spa and gone from winning every other race (a week or so ago) to mid pack in practically every race. Bad enough for me to stop doing the quick matches a few days ago but hopefully not forever. I need another 36 million to reach 1 billion in quick match earnings.:lol:

I've only been doing the LMP race at Spa and gone from winning every other race (a week or so ago) to mid pack in practically every race. Bad enough for me to stop doing the quick matches a few days ago but hopefully not forever. I need another 36 million to reach 1 billion in quick match earnings.:lol:

It's good to have a goal in life.:cheers:

My only goal is fair racing. The credits are pointless after you've bought everything worthwhile in the game.

The amount I've earned is a good indicator of how much I love these quick matches though.

Newest Quick Matches fix the issue.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, right.

They've simply forced SRF on for the historic prototype battle around La Sarthe (No Chicanes). Weak Boost and Weak Penalty.

I'm fine with PD having SRF forced on and other aids being in some events, just not in the expert ones. Something for everyone is the way it should be but at the moment there is nothing for the non SRF drivers (unless running mid pack is your goal:crazy:). The old events have still not been fixed and the new so called "Expert" one has also got the same problem.
20160602_132543.jpg

Check the length of the straight, this is not the La Sarthe (No Chicanes) event, it is the Expert prototype one.:banghead:

Well this has ruined QM for me. I would never touch SRF even with a ten foot pole, so I just end up moving backwards during a race, even if I get a good start and several seconds lead due to everyone crashing in the first corner. It's ridiculous how easy you can catch up with SRF, even in a top speed dominant track like La Sarthe.

I'm glad GT Sport will not have SRF anymore. Fair and equal conditions for everyone. No need to wonder if someone is genuinely faster or if they are using an exploit 👍

You're not on your own with how you feel about the quick matches and I question myself daily on whether it was a good thing to make the bug public. As someone said in the thread already, I'm damned if I tell people and I'm damned if I don't. As someone who does a silly amount of quick matches though, I could already see the problem was on the increase due to the amount of drivers I came up against running two very distinct lap and total times. Watching them in the corners was seriously depressing when they had SRF on and there's no way I can compete against that.

Just so you know, I knew I'd be risking my own racing in my original post:

If the bug becomes public, I'll likely be killing off the quick matches for myself but if there's a chance I could get a fairer race, it's possibly worth the gamble.

You're not on your own with how you feel about the quick matches and I question myself daily on whether it was a good thing to make the bug public. As someone said in the thread already, I'm damned if I tell people and I'm damned if I don't. As someone who does a silly amount of quick matches though, I could already see the problem was on the increase due to the amount of drivers I came up against running two very distinct lap and total times. Watching them in the corners was seriously depressing when they had SRF on and there's no way I can compete against that.

Just so you know, I knew I'd be risking my own racing in my original post:

It's not your fault mate, and I'm definitely not placing the blame on you. It's on PD and PD alone. Obviously some people already knew about the exploit even before you revealed it publicly. All you've done is just shed some light on the issue. Even though it ruins QM, I think at least people who choose to not use SRF will know that it's not a lack of skill that's making them lose races. Winning is nice, but at the end of the day those who are used to driving without SRF will find every position they gain is more satisfying, and it will help in the transition to GT Sport later 👍

GT6 is nearing the end of its life anyway. This is just speeding things up by a few months. There's no shortage of other, better racing games to play in the market ;)

SO, we assume that because we're still getting new QM events, that someone at PD is still clicking GT6 Buttons.
How on earth do we get PD (@Jordan ) to take on board what we're asking for.
Which is at least one of two things
1) Make SRF Off as the default everywhere in the game, and NEVER force it on

2) IN addition to 1, Fix SRF so that it actually conforms to the laws of Physics (Law of Conservation of Energy)

I asked Jordan (I told him everything about the bug) if he had a line to PD to report this but he told me I already had someone (MastrGT on PSN forums) with a direct line and he's reported it a couple of times for us already. The thread is here.

I think the QM schedule is loosely based on PD's affiliation with the FIA and could just be calender based. We had the Red Bull Ring recently (real races late May) and now we have the Le Mans races with the real Le Mans race in a couple of weeks.

The only way they could fix SRF for me is to make it a single player only option. It has no place in online racing.

SRF bug was able to give 100%.
In addition, there is another question.
''Causing the SRF bug, probably also work when the SRF off.''

The following is my lap time.
QM Events Sarthe 2013 & Peugeot 908 Team Oreca.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SRF ON (SRF Bug) : 3'41.162
SRF OFF (SRF Bug) : 3'42.010
SRF OFF : 3'42.713
All were measured in a clean lap, Slipstream does not use.

SRF bug was able to give 100%.
In addition, there is another question.
''Causing the SRF bug, probably also work when the SRF off.''

The following is my lap time.
QM Events Sarthe 2013 & Peugeot 908 Team Oreca.
SRF ON (SRF Bug) : 3'41.162
SRF OFF (SRF Bug) : 3'42.010
SRF OFF : 3'42.713
All were measured in a clean lap, Slipstream does not use.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by ''Causing the SRF bug, probably also work when the SRF off.''?

Do you mean that if you have SRF turned on in the career mode but showing as off in the quick match, it still has an effect?

I think if I ran with SRF turned on, I could probably get my lap time down to around 36-38 from the 40.1 I was getting last night but I only ran about 4 races so only 4 hot laps to reference to.

I'll have to run a race with it turned on (urgh!) to see what delta I see between the two settings and whether you're right about SRF having an effect when it's turned on in career but turned off in quick match. I'm not the best driver (only been driving the LMP's for a couple of weeks) so ideally the test needs to be done by someone a lot more consistent than me for the most accurate results, or a few people doing it to try and take an average from the lap times to check whether you're right. I think there's a chance your lap times are from inconsistent laps with your SRF off time being 3 seconds slower than mine though. I'll let you know how I get on.

Edit: 3.38.1 (missed a 37 on the last chicane) with SRF on and 3.40.1 with it off. I ran the same time with it turned off in career and quick match, so for me, off is off.

Last edited:
Back