Activating SRF in some quick matches?

• Thread starter kilesa4568
  • 90 comments
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by ''Causing the SRF bug, probably also work when the SRF off.''?

Do you mean that if you have SRF turned on in the career mode but showing as off in the quick match, it still has an effect?

I think if I ran with SRF turned on, I could probably get my lap time down to around 36-38 from the 40.1 I was getting last night but I only ran about 4 races so only 4 hot laps to reference to.

I'll have to run a race with it turned on (urgh!) to see what delta I see between the two settings and whether you're right about SRF having an effect when it's turned on in career but turned off in quick match. I'm not the best driver (only been driving the LMP's for a couple of weeks) so ideally the test needs to be done by someone a lot more consistent than me for the most accurate results, or a few people doing it to try and take an average from the lap times to check whether you're right. I think there's a chance your lap times are from inconsistent laps with your SRF off time being 3 seconds slower than mine though. I'll let you know how I get on.

It may have become more difficult because it through the translation.

Originally, many of QM SRF off.
But, case of enter a room in the SRF on, there is a possibility that SRF inside is working.

I do not fast.
Moreover, it is very difficult to get a clear lap.

I thought that's what you meant but wanted to be sure.

I had to wait 30 seconds from the start before leaving the grid but I still had to overtake a few people on my 2nd lap and lost a little bit of time. Not too much though. I made sure I didn't get a slip stream off anyone and had to go round the outside on a couple of passes so I lost a bit of time there as well. I figure if I can run a 38 with those compromises, another couple of seconds is possible. My SRF off times were normal and consistent though. I didn't feel any SRF influence at all.

Some people mention that they've experienced different grip levels based on how many people are in the race and their internet connection speed not being the best. It's always consistent for me but my connection speed is always fast and stable. Maybe that's why your times seem off?

My Internet connection speed is not good.
But, I do not know the difference between connection speed and the grip level.
SRF Test.png

I needed time to get a clean lap, but we obtained the data.
(Measuring method is a lap 2)
Since were already a lot of lap when verifying the SRF off, I think that be biased.

There isn't a lot of difference between the SRF on/off and SRF off/off lap times. I'd say that was a good indication that if SRF is on in career mode and off in quick match, it isn't having an effect.

I tried to test it again the other night but I couldn't get a decent run on the 2nd lap. I was giving everyone a 30 second head start but I either caught up with the back markers or I was in a race with short cutters which put me outside the 30 second end of race timer. I gave up pretty quick but with one hot lap, I would have got into the 36's if I hadn't run out of time on the last chicane. Around 36.5 or so if it had counted and I still left plenty of time out there. With a lot more practice (I'm an LMP newbie), I could probably get my SRF off lap down to the 38s so a near perfect SRF on lap should be 34-35.

I don't think I could ever get used to how much grip SRF gives me with how I normally drive. My brain keeps yelling at me to slow down enough (thinking SRF is off) for the corners when I could easily do the corner with a few extra mph.:rolleyes:

Anyway, it got reported on the 13th of April and again on the 20th of May so it doesn't look like they're going to fix it any time soon.

So that was the trick.. I have been playing a lot of quick matches since they added it to GT6 and sometimes I find random players that are able to make incredible laps/total time, then I try to get a similar record offline and it is totally impossible to get even close to their times. GT Sport is close and I don't think PD fix this if they didn't already.

Edit:
I just tested it, the advantage is too much.

Last edited:
The people that use it seem to be in the minority lately so if you find a race with one person finishing way in front of everyone else, they usually get bored quickly and move on. If you find a race with a couple of them in it though, it's probably best to find another race instead of battling for 3rd place race after race.

I won't entertain racing them and just let them pass me. They'll put the daft lap time in, see there's no competition from the non SRFers and hopefully leave sooner.

I had someone accuse me of using it last night ("server fraud"), then in the very next race I made one bobble early and he beat me. lol

I had been racing with it off in the GT500 at Midfield (R) and saw racers doing very low 1:04's and totals of 3.17.

What are the time differences at this track, has anyone tracked them?

I have an idea, but haven't made a spread sheet....yet.

I've seen someone break into the 02's for a lap but I'd say a mid 3 is a good indicator of SRF. Aliens aside. I've done a couple of 4.7's without it and really close to my limit after a daft amount of races so I'd say a good driver could shave up to .7 off or so, maybe even a high 3.

I've seen someone break into the 02's for a lap but I'd say a mid 3 is a good indicator of SRF. Aliens aside. I've done a couple of 4.7's without it and really close to my limit after a daft amount of races so I'd say a good driver could shave up to .7 off or so, maybe even a high 3.

That's what I was thinking, but I haven't seen many go that fast. I think the fastest lap I've ever seen there is high 1.03's. I see low 1.04's a lot.

I was accused at mid 1.05's and a total of 3.21. rofl

Yeah, I dare say after I let the cat out of the bag with SRF, there's probably a lot of false accusations going around.:P

Around 3.21 is the perfect pace for a good race and a drafters chance against the SRFers. Impossible to catch them if they break the tow unless you get radical with your line. My 4.7 came from clipping inside curbs and stepping the rear out (gambling) but I was chasing a low 4 driver who still pulled away on every corner.

Yeah, I dare say after I let the cat out of the bag with SRF
For the right reason though.👍
there's probably a lot of false accusations going around.:P
That will never change, I was getting accused of hacking all the time at the 350pp Autumn Ring event because my slightly ballasted Elise '11 was too fast.:lol:
I was accused at mid 1.05's and a total of 3.21. rofl
It's funny how some just can't grasp that they are not as fast as they think they are:lol:. I remember the huge shock to my ego when I first started racing online in the early days of GT5:eek:. After completing all the earlier games (and golding everything) I was positive I'd do well. How wrong I was :lol:.

Last edited:
The Mazda race was a ton of fun, miss that one. Didn't know about this glitch at the time either, so never got to test lap times with it on. I'll assume that track it would make a HUGE difference!

The Mazda race was a ton of fun, miss that one. Didn't know about this glitch at the time either, so never got to test lap times with it on. I'll assume that track it would make a HUGE difference!
Yeah, the tuned car events were always the most fun IMO and that event was right up there in the fun stakes until the dreaded (by me) SRF business showed up. You assume correctly about the time difference, it was over 2 seconds quicker (can't remember the exact amount) for me with SRF on and it' was a fairly short lap.

Maybe not of hacking, but you were accused of using SRF to do your times in the Mazda Touring Car (ballasted as well) when you weren't.:sly:

Oh yeah. I completely forgot about that one and from a TRL guy too. I feel much better now.:lol:

SRF with the Mazda put it on rails and numbed the handling so far the car was boring to drive. Ruined the feel.

For the right reason though.👍
That will never change, I was getting accused of hacking all the time at the 350pp Autumn Ring event because my slightly ballasted Elise '11 was too fast.:lol:
It's funny how some just can't grasp that they are not as fast as they think they are:lol:. I remember the huge shock to my ego when I first started racing online in the early days of GT5:eek:. After completing all the earlier games (and golding everything) I was positive I'd do well. How wrong I was :lol:.
LOL :lol:, weren't we all!! Ha ha 👍,, then we buckled down, got much better but STILL cannot run with the FAST guys 'n gals! Some of the players ('admiringly' [is that a word?] referred to as aliens) just have the knack for playing the game,, and some of us will never get there but das OK cause at the end of the day - it's still a game and has "0" impact on our retirement income :cheers:
**!!Rock on GranTurismo!! Still in many/most gamers eyes the KING of the console driving games!! :bowdown:

Yeah, the tuned car events were always the most fun IMO and that event was right up there in the fun stakes until the dreaded (by me) SRF business showed up. You assume correctly about the time difference, it was over 2 seconds quicker (can't remember the exact amount) for me with SRF on and it' was a fairly short lap.
I agree and hope they allow us at least one more with personal, tuned, high PP QM. 700+ (NO concepts, no designers, strictly race and street car that really exist or did exist!) would be awesome!:bowdown:

LOL :lol:, weren't we all!! Ha ha 👍,, then we buckled down, got much better but STILL cannot run with the FAST guys 'n gals! Some of the players ('admiringly' [is that a word?] referred to as aliens) just have the knack for playing the game,, and some of us will never get there but das OK cause at the end of the day - it's still a game and has "0" impact on our retirement income :cheers:
**!!Rock on GranTurismo!! Still in many/most gamers eyes the KING of the console driving games!! :bowdown:
You guys are right. The first time i was online(10 months ago, 2 months after i buy the game) I go to a quick match... That whas on Fudji, In the beginning they destroy me. But I was getting better and better and in 1 month i was good enough to play for a podium place. That quick match events make me better.

My first TT was at suzuka with a BMW gt3 series super lap, I had no idea what I'doing and it take me a week to get gold, So i go search on the internet and then i found this site :) From then I was getting better and better.

And yes this is still a fantastic game :gtpflag:

I agree and hope they allow us at least one more with personal, tuned, high PP QM. 700+ (NO concepts, no designers, strictly race and street car that really exist or did exist!) would be awesome!:bowdown:

I don't think they've ever done a quick match over 550pp and we end up with the 600pp courtesy supercars every time. Weird they've never used road cars above that range as there's plenty of choice. Crazy with such a huge car catalogue to choose from. I'm not sure about 700pp+... Those cars scare the 🤬 out of me, especially going wheel to wheel. I wouldn't mind seeing the FGT making a come back or even the Senna cars though.

As for quick matches in general, they completely revitalised GT6 for me. I've learned more about car control from getting battered from pillar to post than any other part of the game.:lol:

I don't think they've ever done a quick match over 550pp and we end up with the 600pp courtesy supercars every time. Weird they've never used road cars above that range as there's plenty of choice. Crazy with such a huge car catalogue to choose from. I'm not sure about 700pp+... Those cars scare the 🤬 out of me, especially going wheel to wheel. I wouldn't mind seeing the FGT making a come back or even the Senna cars though.

As for quick matches in general, they completely revitalised GT6 for me. I've learned more about car control from getting battered from pillar to post than any other part of the game.:lol:
The ''The West Surrey Racing British F3 car'' would be a great choice at any one of the real tracks like Monza/Spa/Brands GP or Fuji, especially if we were able to tune it because yeah....''700pp+... Those cars scare the 🤬 out of me'' too.:lol:

The ''The West Surrey Racing British F3 car'' would be a great choice at any one of the real tracks like Monza/Spa/Brands GP or Fuji, especially if we were able to tune it because yeah....''700pp+... Those cars scare the 🤬 out of me'' too.:lol:
I can't say why the high PP cars seem to be better for me, perhaps it's because in my mind I can't really hurt the cars and I really like to go FAST!! The RedBull's and the Senna F-1 are a hoot but the Chappie 2X and that insanely crazy 2500hp concept SRT - not a chance in H$$L can I control those cars. I'm not real fond of the lower PP (400 thru 550) events and do lousy with them - but they're fun and I do the best I can. Ohh well, GTS is on the horizon, my kids/grandkids got the game pre-ordered, they got 'ol Dad/GrandPa the PS4 last year for XMas and the G-29 is promised - hopefully for an early Christmas and we'll be ready to get it on:tup:👍!!

I'm not bad in the GTS/R and S but that top car is absolutely bonkers. As soon as I crawled round with it's time trial and got gold, it went straight in the stockyard with the Red Bulls. I'll leave those cars for the younguns. Definitely no good for the people who measure reaction times in minutes...

I haven't got the new console yet but I should be able to find a good deal when the slim version come out. I also want to see how good the new Neo revision is first.

I was going to get a wheel as well but when I tested a couple out in the shop, I barely had the stamina for a single lap and had to stop to use my inhaler. I guess I'll be sticking with the controller.:lol:

Ohh well, GTS is on the horizon, my kids/grandkids got the game pre-ordered, they got 'ol Dad/GrandPa the PS4 last year for XMas and the G-29 is promised - hopefully for an early Christmas and we'll be ready to get it on:tup:👍!!
👍👍👍👍👍
I was going to get a wheel as well but when I tested a couple out in the shop, I barely had the stamina for a single lap and had to stop to use my inhaler. I guess I'll be sticking with the controller.:lol:
I have many different issues as well (missing right leg/shoulder and hand problems) due to a bad motorcycle accident and have had to modify my rig because of this, but the gains of using a wheel for me are still enormous, more from the immersion side rather than outright speed (I'm only about .5-1 sec. quicker with the wheel). Maybe you could try turning the FFB down a fair bit to help, I currently run mine at 2 (10 is max.) for GT6 so I can at least get a short session in before my shoulder craps itself and then I still use the DS3/4 to fill in when I have too.

Mine's through emphysema and 5 minutes exercise turns me into a wheezing jelly. Add in the setting up even before I start playing, I don't think I'll be getting my money's worth out of it.

I think (could be wrong:D) I read somewhere that Sony were working on narrowing the gap between a wheel and controller for the new game anyway. Maybe they'll let us DS3ers take Eau Rouge flat like the wheel users can.:P

Mine's through emphysema and 5 minutes exercise turns me into a wheezing jelly. Add in the setting up even before I start playing, I don't think I'll be getting my money's worth out of it.

I think (could be wrong:D) I read somewhere that Sony were working on narrowing the gap between a wheel and controller for the new game anyway. Maybe they'll let us DS3ers take Eau Rouge flat like the wheel users can.:P
Sorry to hear that mate, it's a shame you can't have a permanent spot for it. I assume space is the issue.

I've found that many driving games on PS4 are very good with the DS4 so far (and I've tried most of them so far, Pcars is the exception for me) so hopefully GT Sport will also blur the line as well.

Apologies for dragging this thread of topic so in an attempt to put us back on course, did you ever hear back from MastrGT?

We've got a spare bedroom (box room) to set one up but I'll be fighting with a dryer, an ironing board and boxes of clutter for space every time.

As for MastrGT, not a peep out of him since late May but in his defence, he did say that it was highly unlikely they'd ever touch the GT6 game code again and he's been right. I haven't tested for a few weeks now but it was just as bad as it ever was from testing it daily.

[QUOTE="kilesa4568, post: 11533225, member: 263597"

As for MastrGT, not a peep out of him since late May but in his defence, he did say that it was highly unlikely they'd ever touch the GT6 game code again and he's been right. I haven't tested for a few weeks now but it was just as bad as it ever was from testing it daily.[/QUOTE]

I've tested it today at Suzuka and Indy road.It's still possible to run them with SRF.
Don't know about the other events but is propably the same.

I figured as much but thank you for testing it anyway.👍

Can you remember what times you were running? I've seen 52s at Suzuka and 57s at Nurburgring from a few drivers but I haven't got a clue how Indy stacks up with it. Possibly high teens?

52's at Suzuka is possible for sure.I ran mid 53's and I'm not fast.For me it's 2.5 sec faster compared to SRF off.
At Indy the difference is slightly smaller (shorter lap).Only 2 seconds there.
Normally I run laps from low to mid 22.
With SRF on low to mid 20
So yes,19 or maybe even 18 should be possible.
On a side note,only ran 1 type of car at both tracks,no idea if there's a golden car?

Back