Actual Group 3 and 4 OP cars

• Thread starter sir_vival
  • 30 comments

Do you think GTS reach the balance state ever?

• Total voters
What do you (think and) experience
- which cars are overpowered
in Gr.3 and Gr.4 categories actually?
Képernyőkép – 2018-02-18 20-26-31.png

M6 and M4, when cars that are not that easy to drive are the fastest on a number of tracks you know something is not right, I'd imagine with a good tune they'd be unstoppable.

Maybe PD would be better tweaking the stock tunes on cars rather than just the BOP, maybe we would get a larger spread of competitive cars then.

The Porsche is not OP, it‘s just overused because of it‘s easy driveability and good gearing.

The M4 is OP compared to most of the other Group 4 cars but it‘s still beatable, even with a GTR; but that requires a lot of luck. And not so good opponents :lol:
The Vantage Gr.4 also is a really strong car but it‘s harder to drive on the edge, so imho it‘s not OP.

I think a car that is hard to drive should reward players with being a little better than the ones that are easy to drive.

M6 and M4, when cars that are not that easy to drive are the fastest on a number of tracks you know something is not right, I'd imagine with a good tune they'd be unstoppable.

Maybe PD would be better tweaking the stock tunes on cars rather than just the BOP, maybe we would get a larger spread of competitive cars then.
In public lobbies M6s dominate the place, so that says something about its potential when tuned
I like the idea of cars that are hard to control but are much faster when driven correctly, but it doesn't have a place in Sport mode. Yes I know it's soulless, but something's gotta go when you want true balance.

The M4's just straight up OP. It's not even hard to drive

erm I have driven the Gr. 4 Ferrari, Cayman, Vantage and the Toyota 86 and how on earth someone would come to the conclusion that the M4 is easier to drive than any of those is beyond me. The M4 is pretty hard to prevent spinning out when accelerating out of the curves.
The one major advantage it has is that you are extremely flexible with shifting compared to the other cars, as its power curve is a flat line between 5500 and 7500 RPM and the gears are tight also, so you can shift basically anywhere on the rev bar and always will be in optimum RPM range (which most of the drivers don't get anyway, as when I watch the replays pretty much everyone is driving the RPMs deep into the red, which actually is completely counterproductive if you go over 7500).
Still it is infinitely harder to drive than the FF and 4WD cars and also much much harder than the MR cars.

What I do however think is that the Gr. 4 MR cars are substantially underpowered, especially the Cayman, apparently it got nerfed to death and isn't competitive anymore at the level it is at now.

The M6 is obviously OP. This is rather apparent once you allow open setups. It has more torque than the Viper, around the same power as the AMG, is turbocharged, handles curbs like they're no one's business and has a great braking power. Basically there's nothing wrong with the car, except it's stock setup which hides most of its capabilities. Having said that, driven by someone skilled will give no chance to any other car (except at Monza).

Sport Mode races leader boards are quite clear about this. Last time Dragon Trail, Maggiore, Kyoto, Suzuka and Alsace were there, TOP1 times were M6s and in FIA Nation's cup races, some of the top10 were 100% M6.

Just take a look at the Manufacturers global rankings and check how many BMWs are there in the top 30 or top 50.

___

On the other hand, Cayman and Veyron are useless. Alfa Romeo is also pretty much useless nowadays, unless we're talking about Suzuka East or something like that.

I don't see any particular OP cars in the Group 3 class. I did manage to get podium finish with a Vantage GT3 during the Blue Moon race and the grid was dominated by FT-1s. So maybe in terms of oval racing, the FT1is OP.

Is anyone finding that tyre wear is hurting BoP? I think it makes things tricky in the GR4 cat.

The Subaru GR4's got more understeer than the titanic in view of an iceberg so it's quali pace is poor, but last night at brands was my first time using it in a tyre wear race and it just hung onto it's rubber and was faster over a distance....

On the other hand, Cayman and Veyron are useless. Alfa Romeo is also pretty much useless nowadays, unless we're talking about Suzuka East or something like that.
Alfas and Caymans dominate highly techincal tracks like Brands Hatch, but yes other than that they're pretty much useless

I like to troll people in a fully upgraded Veryon Gr. 4 though. Where else can you see a 900kg Veyron? :lol:

It's nice seeing the cars listed so easily to compare their stats, it would be nice to have the current BOP and BOPped kg/kw so we can see what we are discussing.

The Subaru GR4's got more understeer than the titanic in view of an iceberg...

^^ That gave me a good laugh :lol::lol:

I'll only speak for the Gr3 cars because I don't race the Gr4 all that much. From what I can see, some cars are OP just because certain track suits them (which usually creates the "flavor of the day" effect). As for the balance throughout the whole group, I really doubt that PD will ever be able to get it right. They'll either nail it with a few good ones and kill some of the other ones. Looking at this list, their drivability aside, some cars have no power to keep up with other cars and for that reason you'll hardly ever see them on the grid in Sport modes... For the last couple of months, I've been driving the Z4 almost exclusively. It was a really good car, nowhere near OP level though. It was quick and nimble enough to navigate through the sea of Porsches and give the "Flavor of the day" cars a good run for their money. After the BOP update it turned to crap. On the straights, even within another car's slipstream, it gets pummeled. While it is still good on the corners, it just feels so heavy. When I participate in some of the Gr3 Dailies, I'm literally the only one driving it.

I think Porshe is OP in GT3, but Group 4 is well balanced!

Hahaha mate, you made my day :P

The Porsch was fast 2 patches ago..now the car is like the cayman in grp 4... nothing well balanced right now in gr3 and gr4.

Sometimes i melt away how much faster the m6 is..its like the ultimate allrounder... handling like beetle, cornering like porsche, braking like the atenza, top speed like mustang, torque like vette
with open setup iam with the bmw around 1 sec faster than with the porsche.
Their awesome useless fixed setup hides almost all qualitys from the cars...

The Porsche was a very much used car, because the transmission was almost perfect for the torque and power... now with even weaker engine the car has no chance anymore on most of the tracks and if you open the setup...the car is crap.

But there are even more cars which are far behind..but they nerf only not op cars...keeping the op cars the same and dont touch the crap cars...

I don't like bmw. That's probably because I hate people who drive them IRL. 95% seem to drive like a complete arse in the UK. Just my opinion.

I expect that's because they don't like to use their feet to accelerate and brake with the pedals, choosing instead to use the wheel mounted gear shifters!

(sorry I couldn't help myself).

I expect that's because they don't like to use their feet to accelerate and brake with the pedals, choosing instead to use the wheel mounted gear shifters!

(sorry I couldn't help myself).

Personally I reckon they plug in their DS4 and use that to drive.

Last edited:
I don't like bmw. That's probably because I hate people who drive them IRL. 95% seem to drive like a complete arse in the UK. Just my opinion.
Not just in the UK! Said as a former BMW owner/driver.

what I actually find rather annoying is that the turbocharhed cars are preferred over the naturally aspirated ones in endurance races simply because of the lower fuel consumption - the clearest example is Interlagos - really long pit stop due to the pit lane - this is what makes most of the people, when playing GR4, to use BMW M4, or at least those are my observations. I don't like BMW either, I would pretty much stick to Mercedes but the GR4 version of SLS is not able to last 10 laps on competitive pace with its fuel consumption ... or any other naturally aspirated car for that matter...

what I actually find rather annoying is that the turbocharhed cars are preferred over the naturally aspirated ones in endurance races simply because of the lower fuel consumption - the clearest example is Interlagos - really long pit stop due to the pit lane - this is what makes most of the people, when playing GR4, to use BMW M4, or at least those are my observations. I don't like BMW either, I would pretty much stick to Mercedes but the GR4 version of SLS is not able to last 10 laps on competitive pace with its fuel consumption ... or any other naturally aspirated car for that matter...
I can race in an AMG GT Gr. 3 and be furl efficient. Maybe it's just a coincidence with the M4 and SLS AMG?

What does OP stand for? I think I understand what it means but not what it stands for?

As for gr3's so far I have found the m6 fastest with BoP round nordschleife, AMG not far behind

What does OP stand for? I think I understand what it means but not what it stands for?

Over Powered

Not literally horse power though. This term is applicable to all types of games, characters, weapons, cars, items, etc.

edit: OP also means Opening Post/Poster. But that wasn't the meaning used in this thread.

Last edited:
I am mostly GR3 user and I hate the fact that they are weakening some good cars like my fav Chevy (but not all as shown in M6 example)
but they do nothing to power-up trash cars like R8, NSX or Lambo
and this creates bad situations where performance of group is going down instead of being raised

As for gr3's so far I have found the m6 fastest with BoP round nordschleife, AMG not far behind

I have found that on this board "OP" is the short form for pretty much every word that contains the letters O and P, you have to guess from the context what it probably means :lol:
The OP was asking a question which cars we think are OP.

Is anyone finding that tyre wear is hurting BoP? I think it makes things tricky in the GR4 cat.

The Subaru GR4's got more understeer than the titanic in view of an iceberg so it's quali pace is poor, but last night at brands was my first time using it in a tyre wear race and it just hung onto it's rubber and was faster over a distance....
If that is turn in understeer while braking, and I assume usually it is, then try to move more brake power to the rear, it might also help rotate the car a bit. I haven't experienced much of understeer at exiting corners.

If you can handle it, the M6 and M4 are a little OP
But the rest is just overused! People just check the Top10 and then pick the car that's most used there...
Sad, but that's how most players work online. Always pick what the most successful guys use, instead of finding their own way. :irked:

I did beat every M4 driver yesterday in a Citroen btw :sly:

If that is turn in understeer while braking, and I assume usually it is, then try to move more brake power to the rear, it might also help rotate the car a bit. I haven't experienced much of understeer at exiting corners.
Yup, it understeers off throttle as well (fixed with driving to the cars characteristics and MORE POWER). I had brake bias full rear after a few laps, mostly to save the tyres. The Subaru GR4's a lovely car, not exactly easy to hustle a fast lap but over a race distance it's lovely.

Yup, it understeers off throttle as well (fixed with driving to the cars characteristics and MORE POWER). I had brake bias full rear after a few laps, mostly to save the tyres. The Subaru GR4's a lovely car, not exactly easy to hustle a fast lap but over a race distance it's lovely.
Yeah, not the best for high speed Tokyo east but good for winding tracks, for its extreme out of corner grip

The Porsche is not OP, it‘s just overused because of it‘s easy driveability and good gearing.
I just find the change from 2nd to 3rd completely annoying. The revs drop a bit at the beginning for some reason (Cayman Gr.4 stock)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back