"Acura NSX '91" text strings can be seen in a glitched Sports mode loading screen

• Thread starter Bass
  • 98 comments
If you zoom in on Photoshop, you can see that the compression blocks surround the words is slightly different each time, as @eran0004 points out. But the left hand column is identical to the right, which makes me think 'shop.

The columns are not identical either. It's just harder to spot the differences since the vertical position is the same, which makes the vertical part of the anti-aliasing identical.

i hope we get a acura car pack, i woud love too the the 91 nsx and Acura TLX GT Pikes Peak 2017
acura-2017-pikes-peak.jpg

pikespeak_900_2017_06_23_03.jpg

Where?

Here? Nope.
Here? Nope.
Here? Nope.

Even if it were true, and there had to be an update each month, that's technically been fulfilled already with 1.12.

I'm not saying there categorically won't be a February update with additional content — I'm just saying it's never been a lock.

If I recall correctly it was GT's official Facebook page linking it to the blog post where they specified it would be monthly car drops until March with tracks bein gadded in starting January.

Acura is such a dumb name, why can’t they just call it what it really is... Honda.

Because that was it was sold as at the time.

I’d never heard of an Acura before I played Gran Turismo.
Is America the only place where Acura exists?

It currently also exists in Hong Kong, Mexico, China, Russia, Kuwait and Ukraine.

If I recall correctly

You don't.

Again, Polyphony has never outright confirmed new content every month in any of the PS Blog posts. The original announcement involved the first trio of cars plus the December dozen, and made mention of 50 cars by March 2018.

There were also new track layouts in December, and there was no mention of a brand new track until Monza was revealed a few days before the update it was a part of landed.

You don't.

Again, Polyphony has never outright confirmed new content every month in any of the PS Blog posts. The original announcement involved the first trio of cars plus the December dozen, and made mention of 50 cars by March 2018.

There were also new track layouts in December, and there was no mention of a brand new track until Monza was revealed a few days before the update it was a part of landed.
We will see.

We will see.

If a February content update happens? Yep, we will.

If your original claim that it's always been a monthly plan, and that as much was stated on the PS Blog, is true? No, we've already confirmed that's not the case.

If a February content update happens? Yep, we will.

If your original claim that it's always been a monthly plan, and that as much was stated on the PS Blog, is true? No, we've already confirmed that's not the case.
Want to bet it was stated on face book By GT AND the PlayStation official FB ? They linked the blog in the post which outlined " monthly car updates up until the month of March , New tracks release on January " I haven't had time to hunt it down but if you insist..

Want to bet it was stated on face book By GT AND the PlayStation official FB ? They linked the blog in the post which outlined " monthly car updates up until the month of March , New tracks release on January " I haven't had time to hunt it down but if you insist..

I already provided the PS blog articles on GT Sport, and none of them promise monthly updates. That was your claim. Now you've moved the goalposts, yet there's no mention of your latest quote anywhere on the GT Facebook page, nor PlayStation's. There's nothing about your latest claim on the official GT site, either.

You know that GTPlanet's news page is our actual job, right?

Here's the US Blog post:

It has been a few weeks since we launched GT Sport, and it’s been really exciting to see so many people take to the track. In fact, we’ve already seen over 26 million hours of gameplay around the world, so now we want to share with you our plan for what’s next with the game, including new cars and game features through Patch 1.06 in November, and the introduction of the “GT League” in December.

Patch 1.06 (Coming November 27th, 2017)
From November 27th we’ll begin rolling out new cars, and kicking off with these three free new cars.

In addition to the new cars, when the patch drops on November 27 you can also look forward to the Livery Editor, Scapes and Campaign modes becoming available to play offline (you will still require internet access to save your progress). There will also be various tweaks and adjustments to balance the gameplay.

GT League (Coming December 2017)
Launching as part of our free December update, we’ll be introducing a brand new single player mode called “GT League”. Based on the old “GT mode” of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!

Check out the screenshots below to get a sneak peek of what you can expect in December. We’ll be adding more races to these leagues in 2018.

New Cars: (Coming December 2017)
In addition, the following 12 cars will be added to the game in the free update of December 2017:

Mazda — RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
Ford — F-150 SVT Raptor
Lamborghini — Countach LP400
Ferrari — F40
Ferrari — Enzo Ferrari
KTM — X-BOW R
Suzuki — Swift Sport
Volkswagen — Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
Chris Holstrom Concepts — 1967 Chevy Nova
Chevrolet — Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

From now to March 2018, a total of approximately 50 cars are already planned for addition to the game. And the updates will continue beyond March! You can of course look forward to the addition of new tracks as well, so stay tuned!

Be sure to stay tuned to official GT and PlayStation channels as there are plenty more updates to come from the team. Until then, happy racing!
No mention of "monthly". Here's the EU one, for comparison:
It has been a few weeks since we launched GT Sport, and it’s been really exciting to see so many people take to the track. In fact, we’ve already seen over 26 million hours of gameplay around the world, so now we want to share with you our plan for what’s next with the game, including new cars and game features update through Patch 1.06 in November, and the introduction of the “GT League” in December.

Patch 1.06 (coming 27th November 2017)
From November 27th we’ll begin rolling out new cars, and kicking off with these three free new cars:

In addition to the new cars, when the patch drops on the 27th November you can also look forward to the Livery Editor, Scapes and Campaign modes becoming available to play offline (you will still require internet access to save your progress). There will also be various tweaks and adjustments to balance the gameplay.

GT League (coming December 2017)
Launching as part of our free December update, we’ll be introducing a brand new single player mode called the “GT League”. Based on the old “GT mode” of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!

Check out the screenshots below to get a sneak peek of what you can expect in December, and we’ll be adding more races to these leagues in 2018.

New cars (coming December 2017)
In addition, the following 12 cars will be added to the game in the free update of December 2017:

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Lamborghini Countach LP400
Ferrari F40
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
KTM X-BOW R
Suzuki Swift Sport
Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2 (T1)
Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

From now to March 2018, a total of approximately 50 cars are already planned for addition to the game. And the updates will continue beyond March! You can of course look forward to the addition of new tracks as well, so stay tuned!

Be sure to stay tuned to official GT and PlayStation channels as there’s plenty more updates to come from the team. Till then, happy racing!
No mention of monthly there either.

Here's the Facebook post:

Not there either.

Here's the official site's article:

We would like to share some info with our players regarding our plans for additional content coming to Gran Turismo Sport with future updates.
Update 1.06 content (planned for 27 November 2017)

1. Campaign Mode, Scapes, and the Livery Editor features will become available also when offline. (However, an online connection is still required to save game progress).

2. Some elements of the car physics simulation model have been improved. This can be noticed especially in commercial cars, which exhibit less grip on the road, with improved sense of realism and controllability.

3. In line with the changes above, we have adjusted the difficulty level of the Driving School and Mission Challenges in the Campaign Mode, to allow a smoother game experience.

4. In Sport mode races, the judgement algorithm of the Sportsmanship Rating (SR) has been improved. Furthermore, it is also now possible to see the deductions of SR points not only for yourself, but also for other drivers involved in a collision/incident with your car.

5. ‘Autumn Leaves’ has been added to the featured Scapes photos. Some new photo spots have also been added.

6. The following 3 cars will be added to the game as free DLC:

・IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
・Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest) (Gr.1)
・Shelby Cobra 427 (N500)

Update content (planned for December 2017)

1. A new single player mode, the 'GT League', will be added to the game. This is a single player game mode including several series of races that appeared in the past GT game titles, including fan favourites such as the 'Sunday Cup', 'Clubman Cup', 'FF Challenge', etc., in which players can participate with a wide variety of cars that can be tuned.

2. The following 12 cars will be added to the game as free DLC:

・Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
・Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
・Lamborghini Countach LP400
・Ferrari F40
・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
・KTM X-BOW R
・Suzuki Swift Sport
・Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
・Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova
・Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

Regular updates will be released throughout 2018 and approximately 50 cars will be added until March 2018. We also plan to release additional tracks in the coming months.

Please stay tuned to experience the evolution of Gran Turismo Sport!
That's the only one that even contains the word "month", and all it says is "We also plan to release additional tracks in the coming months."

So I guess we'll take that bet, yes.

You know that GTPlanet's news page is our actual job, right?

Here's the US Blog post:

No mention of "monthly". Here's the EU one, for comparison:

No mention of monthly there either.

Here's the Facebook post:

Not there either.

Here's the official site's article:

That's the only one that even contains the word "month", and all it says is "We also plan to release additional tracks in the coming months."

So I guess we'll take that bet, yes.

Ignored the PlayStation official FB. Also I wasn't talking to you .

This is what I think we are getting.

91' NSX
91 NSX RM (Gr.4)
Sauber C9 (GR.1)
Mazda 787B (GR.1)
Jaguar XJR 9 (GR.1)
Bently Speed 8 (GR.1)
Amuse S2000
Honda 2000
Suzuki Capucino
Camaro z/28 (69)
Pagani Huayra
Pagani Zonda R (Probably end up being a GR.x)
Abarth 500
Abarth Punto (or we could get MINI instead of Abarth)
Ferrari Dino
Ferrari 288 GTO
Ferrari 250 GTO (Gr.x)
Ferrari 250 Berlinetta
Ferrari FXX (Might be a GR car, but likley a GR.x)
'09 Corvette ZR1
'09 Corvette Z06
Corvette ZR1 LM (Gr3)
'88 Lamborghini Countach

This is 22 cars from GT5/GT6 that we don't have yet. I am betting we get 24 more cars. Why? Because the press releases didn't say that we will get 50, they say "approximately" 50. We got three off the hop and two updates of 12 each. I think we will get two 12 car updates in March, each consisting of 11 existing cars and 1 newbie (could be all new or could be much wanted oldie). In the first update we got the Raptor (all new) and in the second we got the Supra. That's a total of 47, or "approximately" 50.

Everyone wanted the M3 updated, so...maybe??

The 1 new car though? Who knows. The new Z06 maybe.

1 month to go....I'm betting on a 70% hit rate on my list. I know that there will be 2 VGT's, but I don't like the VGT's so I am hoping against them :D

Ignored the PlayStation official FB.
Not really. It didn't make a post about GT Sport. In fact on that day the only post it made was this:

Also I wasn't talking to you .
No, you were talking to this site's editor-in-chief. I'm just the automotive editor (although I wrote our article on this topic on that day).

Not that it makes you any less wrong.

Last edited:
I don't really Understand why people are getting so "Hot under the collar" about this....most of this thread is either COMPLETE GUESSWORK (Educated or otherwise) or made up of what someone WANTS to be included in the next update. We ALL Know they'll be more cars in the coming few Months & Hope for more Tracks, or at least different layouts of the existing ones. Let's just appreciate what we already have & enjoy the new stuff when it appears !!

PS: Thanks to all at GT Planet for the great job you're doing. :cheers::gtpflag:

[Edit to add GTP Comment]

I don't really Understand why people are getting so "Hot under the collar" about this....most of this thread is either COMPLETE GUESSWORK (Educated or otherwise) or made up of what someone WANTS to be included in the next update. We ALL Know they'll be more cars in the coming few Months & Hope for more Tracks, or at least different layouts of the existing ones. Let's just appreciate what we already have & enjoy the new stuff when it appears !!

PS: Thanks to all at GT Planet for the great job you're doing. :cheers::gtpflag:

[Edit to add GTP Comment]
I feel that our only goal with these types of threads is that PD understand that they need to improve their communication process. Most of the time, everything is a surprise, we waited for almost four years for this game and at this time PD should already learn that is somewhat disrespectful that they are not even giving us future news for hope. They should always give us draft news or something. We know that they owes 25 more cars lol. But also they need to let us know what comes after that. Again, is four years that they took to create 140 cars. The game price is very low, it started at 70 dollars and now is around 28 dollars. really. I just hope that after GT6 servers are shutdown, the game can resurrect. They need to be more creative, it seems like someone is slacking.

This makes sense because we have been getting the JDM cars that went out of production in 2002. Supra, R34, NSX, S15, RX7.

I feel that our only goal with these types of threads is that PD understand that they need to improve their communication process. Most of the time, everything is a surprise, we waited for almost four years for this game and at this time PD should already learn that is somewhat disrespectful that they are not even giving us future news for hope. They should always give us draft news or something. We know that they owes 25 more cars lol. But also they need to let us know what comes after that. Again, is four years that they took to create 140 cars. The game price is very low, it started at 70 dollars and now is around 28 dollars. really. I just hope that after GT6 servers are shutdown, the game can resurrect. They need to be more creative, it seems like someone is slacking.

Totally agree that GT Sport could have been much bigger / better i.r.o. the number / variety of cars & tracks, weather effects, etc., at Launch. Kaz / PD could also be better at Communicating with all us fans of the game, bearing in mind all the Delays & postponements. But maybe, just maybe they like to try & surprise us !! LOL....Here's hoping.

This is what I think we are getting.

91' NSX
91 NSX RM (Gr.4)
Sauber C9 (GR.1)
Mazda 787B (GR.1)
Jaguar XJR 9 (GR.1)
Bently Speed 8 (GR.1)
Amuse S2000
Honda 2000
Suzuki Capucino
Camaro z/28 (69)
Pagani Huayra
Pagani Zonda R (Probably end up being a GR.x)
Abarth 500
Abarth Punto (or we could get MINI instead of Abarth)
Ferrari Dino
Ferrari 288 GTO
Ferrari 250 GTO (Gr.x)
Ferrari 250 Berlinetta
Ferrari FXX (Might be a GR car, but likley a GR.x)
'09 Corvette ZR1
'09 Corvette Z06
Corvette ZR1 LM (Gr3)
'88 Lamborghini Countach

1 month to go....I'm betting on a 70% hit rate on my list.

Yikes:scared: Want to amend that after today?:lol:

I really hope we get those Gr.1s though. Especially the XJR-9, my absolute favourite.

So "approximately" 13 cars left to go, I'd say the Countach and at least one of those Ferraris would have the best chance, probably followed by the Huayra or the NSX.

Sucks to be wrong doesn't it ;)
They weren't? You claimed PD stated it would be monthly content updates (they didn't) and then you're preaching how you're right when, if the update schedule keeps with typically dropping Thursday/Friday depending on time zones, would put this update in March.

They weren't? You claimed PD stated it would be monthly content updates (they didn't) and then you're preaching how you're right when, if the update schedule keeps with typically dropping Thursday/Friday depending on time zones, would put this update in March.

The original post said monthly updates . GTSport Facebook said monthly . The PlayStation blog comments section had the writer reply to commenters that the updates would be monthly ." Between the month of December until March " It would be easy to say " by March 50 cars will be added " Instead They implied it would be monthly. We will see .. and we did .Also what part of " by the end of the month " don't you get ? Updates don't drop on specified days , the only thing that has weekly update schedules are PS store updates . Patches can be released any day at any time .

Technically the NSX could still be a planned car, just isn't ready/planned for this next update. Given hidden legacy content in most of the past games it doesn't really confirm or deny the car could come at all, just that there's enough data in the file structure to erroneously be called up and displayed on screen.

One of the posts above reads approximately 50 cars. If the count winds up as 47, there is still , possibly, the 2019 Supra, NSX and one other car.. Maybe that Z06(or how about the mid-engine Corvette in camo garb?)...

Sucks to be wrong doesn't it ;)
Wouldn't know. You'll have to tell me.
The original post said monthly updates .
I've shown it to you, in this thread. It didn't.
GTSport Facebook said monthly .
I've shown it to you, in this thread. It didn't.
The PlayStation blog comments section had the writer reply to commenters that the updates would be monthly
Oooh, new claim. And debunked:
85 Comments
0 Author replies
The US blog isn't as friendly, but of 210 comments, none are by Tim Hodges and the only one even containing the word month is a chap complaining about updates eating into his data cap.
They implied it would be monthly.
"Implied" is not "stated". Nor is it the same as inferred, which is what you did.

At no point on any official outlet was it said that the vehicle content updates would be monthly. That was your original claim (and made again above) and it's just not true. I've no idea why you keep banging this drum, nor what you have to gain from pretending it's true.

We will see .. and we did .
Your claims were about past events...
Also what part of " by the end of the month " don't you get ?
Who said that one then?

Whether this is glitch or not, I think the NSX will come sooner or later to GTS, a true Gran Turismo legend.
This is all the need to be said regarding the NSX, it will eventually arrive.

---
Those who are saying Acura is a dumb name or Acura doesn't exist since it was sold as a Honda in the rest of the world. Just a reminder that several early Lexus models were sold as Toyota's in Japan. Same thing with the Infiniti G37 that was sold as a Nissan Skyline in Japan.
Acura is a luxury brand just like Infiniti and Lexus is.
It currently also exists in Hong Kong, Mexico, China, Russia, Kuwait and Ukraine.
Unrelated but I wonder why Acura is sold in Kuwait while not being sold in somewhat bigger markets like Saudi Arabia and Emirates...

But then again, Honda isn't offering cars like the Type R Civic or Si or Clarity or Jazz or Ridgeline and such.

Last edited:
Time for Automotive Challenge where we get to test the automotive knowledge of the GT Planet community. Are you ready. Here we go...

The first all aluminium unibody sports car was which Car?

Where the motor vehicle construction underlying chassis, frame and bodywork are molded together as one entity.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back