AdHoc Party Play Room: World J:Room 30 thru 35

• Thread starter lirathal
  • 141 comments
The Adhoc party thread is going all over the place with where people are playing. Lets make it official and use world J30 thru J35. It seems more english users use world J. (EDIT: Originally thought 51 would be good but the Monster Hunters seem to have those full)

I've been using AdHoc Party for the last couple days, never really had any issues. When I can, I'll be in there and have a constant room open for people.

I'm also hoping that I can convince someone to help me make a tutorial on how to connect, create rooms and actually use the Japanese AdHoc Play.

Also if we can keep this thread on-topic, connection issues, assistance request and the like to keep it from getting confusing.

Admin: Possible to sticky this?

Cheers,
Lirathal
CDNDiggy (AdHoc Party)

Last edited:
I'd still push for this to be the official room for GTP. I'm at work right now, so I won't be in the room currently, but when I am home I'll make sure there is a room created to house everyone who wants to race.

If you are there and there are no rooms created, create your own room and wait around. Someone will show up!

I want to join you in this room but first i have to set my psp in order to play online. That can be very interesting and it makes the game more interesting.

Good ideaaaaaa

Who wants to write up the definitive tutorial for playing GTPSP over adhoc party? I'm having trouble getting my psp to connect unless I attempt to host a race. Once my psp is connected to adhoc party I can't get into any of the worlds. There is some error, I think, that I can't read...

AdHoc Party Tips:

1) If the PSP icon beside under your alias is "stale green" your PSP is not active with the system. This means that if you are trying to share cars and your PSP picture isn't lit up, you may want to try reconnecting it from the main screen, or exiting to the main screen and connecting back to the room

2) Pressing select will allow you to change the tag line under your Alias. I'd recommend you use your GTPlanet board name so people can identify you.

3) Circle is always your confirmation key. I always get confused and use X as my confirmation, I'm always closing windows.

4) If a room is full, create your own. After entering a room, move your cursor and press circle. Use the second option to create a room. Change the first option to change the room name. Change the second option for the room description. Select the last option on the right (with the number 8 in it) to create a 8 person room. You'll then enter it once it's created.

5) If you try to share, or create a racing garage and it fails. Back out and try a new garage number. I've noticed that if there is an error in the transfer, the reminants of the first creation are still in memory and won't allow your PSP to reconnect properly, even though it says it is trying. Again if you try and it fails, try in a different garage.

I'm going to work on getting some good screenshots of all this stuff and creating a guide for everyone. Stay tuned and don't forget to share some cars!

Last edited:
I think that it would be much better if we just used the Ad-hoc party thread for all meet-ups, just to keep things organized, or live racing chat, if you want to race and chat about the race.

I dont have a headset yet. I just want to make sure there are no issues before I drop a 20$ on one.

BTW

Do keyboards work on AHP?

I think that it would be much better if we just used the Ad-hoc party thread for all meet-ups, just to keep things organized, or live racing chat, if you want to race and chat about the race.

I don't think it make sense to just let people try to connect at random. If there is a standard place where people know to go, isn't that better than randomly trying to find people in 500+ rooms?

AdHoc Party Tips:

1) If the PSP icon beside under your alias is "stale green" your PSP is not active with the system. This means that if you are trying to share cars and your PSP picture isn't lit up, you may want to try reconnecting it from the main screen, or exiting to the main screen and connecting back to the room

2) Pressing select will allow you to change the tag line under your Alias. I'd recommend you use your GTPlanet board name so people can identify you.

3) Circle is always your confirmation key. I always get confused and use X as my confirmation, I'm always closing windows.

4) If a room is full, create your own. After entering a room, move your cursor and press circle. Use the second option to create a room. Change the first option to change the room name. Change the second option for the room description. Select the last option on the right (with the number 8 in it) to create a 8 person room. You'll then enter it once it's created.

5) If you try to share, or create a racing garage and it fails. Back out and try a new garage number. I've noticed that if there is an error in the transfer, the reminants of the first creation are still in memory and won't allow your PSP to reconnect properly, even though it says it is trying. Again if you try and it fails, try in a different garage.

I'm going to work on getting some good screenshots of all this stuff and creating a guide for everyone. Stay tuned and don't forget to share some cars!

Thanks for the help this evening. I have it all figured out now. These tips are spot on.

This sounds like a good idea. Finally got Ad Hoc Party sussed but now I can't find anyone to play against.

J32 by the way.

Maybe someone can help me out....

This Adhoc Party thing....is it available for US users? If so, how can I get it?

I could not find anything in the PSN Store....

Thanks

Found a tutorial at another website. I hope it works but I will check out the GTP thread too.

I already have a JPN account (I had to have GTHD when it first came out) I just haven't used it since....

Thanks

Any chance someone can do a video tutorial on Youtube showing exactly how to use it? Also why did you choose J30-35? What's the significance? I thought maybe G7 would be a goodplace to start as it looks a bit like GT no? 💡

seriously? I'm trying to help people out that want to connect to Ad Hoc Party. I'm trying to create a stand way of doing something so everyone can count on it being there. If you guys aren't interested in what I'm trying to do please don't participate. If you don't see this thread having any value, please admin, close the thread.

The rooms have been arbitrarily picked from J world because a lot of english Monter Hunters use that world. There also seems to be a constant open block of rooms from 30 to 35.

If you are interested in starting your own standard then I can close this thread and you can take over.

In the meantime I'm still going to work on a tutorial using the information I have started with.

Thanks

i'm with you lirathal, i had a few games earlier today in j34, and it would be good if we could end up always having a room set up in one of these j30-35 24 hours a day, but the only way i seem to get a game at the moment is if i post on here first and hope someone reads that i'm there, which has happened the 2 times that i've been on adhoc party, so yes it would be good if this thread becomes a standard for going to for j30-35 lobbies

I agree that we need a sticky..

I created a new topic couple of days ago that we need to use the same Gameworlds every time but apparently it wasnt approved or whatever..

I think that now that we can agree we need to have a standard lets do it.

I am going to strive to have a room open while I am at home at all times (even though I won't be there). I also think that we should start making regular times people will come to meet up and race.

Perhaps 5:00pm - 7:00pm PST (might be a little late for the easterners?

I'm open to suggestions

well lets always make it j30 and if that gets fall we use up to j35, but i'm never on at regular times, i get to play erratically, but i do think having a standard time everyday will encourage people to be there and stay around for others, and if no ones around and you got time, create a room and wait, only if you have the time though, that's what i do and play a bit of one player while waiting for someone

Well like I said earlier, I'll always strive to have a 8 person room available in J30 for racing. I may not be at the controls (I'll mark myself as AFK) but the room will be there to save from people having to set something up.

I think that now that we can agree we need to have a standard lets do it.

I am going to strive to have a room open while I am at home at all times (even though I won't be there). I also think that we should start making regular times people will come to meet up and race.

Perhaps 5:00pm - 7:00pm PST (might be a little late for the easterners?

I'm open to suggestions

I agree with you, let's standardize around J30 - 35. I'm east coast and those times are perfect for me. Thanks again for your help lirathal.

Crikey - sorry dude. Didn't mean to rock the boat. 'Two ears/one mouth' from now on mate. J30-35 it is :) Chill man.

seriously? I'm trying to help people out that want to connect to Ad Hoc Party. I'm trying to create a stand way of doing something so everyone can count on it being there. If you guys aren't interested in what I'm trying to do please don't participate. If you don't see this thread having any value, please admin, close the thread.

The rooms have been arbitrarily picked from J world because a lot of english Monter Hunters use that world. There also seems to be a constant open block of rooms from 30 to 35.

If you are interested in starting your own standard then I can close this thread and you can take over.

In the meantime I'm still going to work on a tutorial using the information I have started with.

Thanks

Back