AdHoc Party Play Room: World J:Room 30 thru 35

• Thread starter lirathal
  • 141 comments
Anyone care to race and make loads of money? J1-30 💡

EDIT> Sorry, wrong call. Got an appointment with some blond guys (Dutch for draft beer). :ouch:

Last edited:
I need help guys

I downloaded the program, and running, it detects my psp while I am running GT:PSP, and I cant connect to any room, keep on giving me a error or something

I tried this on both my accounts (my main and my Japanese acct) and still the same thing

please help

You have like a ten second window to get from getting into the room on ad-hoc party on the PS3, as well as getting into the PSP in that small time frame, or you'll get an error message in Japanese on the PS3, stupid small feature on the game, my mates of mine who have xlink kai have also said the same, 10 second window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm1OwZN-iAU

It was great racing this afternoon (US time), although we were plagued by connectivity issues. Regardless, I'm on Ad Hoc Party now in room J30. Stop by if you feel like doing a little racing. :)

I was doin some great racing on J51. I was able to get 7.5 mil and i am drifting to get the last half mil for the F2007 car...

I haven't been able to find a game going since my last post... So, I'll have a room open in J30. Stop by if you feel like racing.

God, I can't get this to work. Every time I try to join a world I get some random Japanese error, it's very frustrating.
Do you have to be logged into a Japanese account to use it? It acted differently on my Japanese account, it was strange. Like, there was more sound effects and stuff.

Make sure you log in on both your ps3 and psp with the same account.

Do you have your ps3 connected to the internet via wifi or cable? It must be cable. And you are not there just plugging in the cable. You have to tell your ps3, via the internet connection settings, to use the wired connection and not the wifi.

1. Download and install Adhoc Party on your PS3. You will need a japanese account to be able to do this. (toturials on how to install a japanese account and how to download and install AHP have been posted before).

2. Register your PSP with your PS3, using the same account as you use on your PS3 (this doesn't have to be the japanese account). If you have another account on your PSP, delete it first and than register the PSP with your PS3.

3. Hard wire your PS3 to the internet, so do not use Wifi. If you start Adhoc Party while not connected with a cable, it will tell you so.

4. Now you are ready to play. Start AHP on the PS3 and select the top option (press circle, this is accept in Japan, like most of us would use x). I noticed that with some games, you could select the 3rd option and it will start scanning for your PSP. With GT this will not work and is not necessary.

5. This brings you to a field with a large circle, showing a world's name (e.g. A).

6. Step to World J where all our GT friends should be (use the shoulder button L1 to step left for quick access, or R1 to visit all the other worlds).

7. Again a big circle, with numbers 01 to 64. GT games (or rather GT Planet) are to be found in lobbies 30 - 35. Use the left analogue stick to highlight one of these lobbies and while holding this room number, press O.

8. This will show 3 lobbies. With the analogue stick (or up/down buttons) select the one you want and press O again.

9. Now you are in a big green playground. If you are lucky, there is a little house showing with a name like GT or GT Planet. With the left analogue stick bring up a circilar pointer and move it to this room. Press O again to enter the room. If you get a dialogue with 2 options, select the bottom one, and press O.

10. No one there? Move your cursor to some emtpy spot and press O, and O again. Fill in a name for your room (e.g. GTPlanet rules!), highlight the bottom left option, and press O. Now you have opened your own room.

11. You are now in a game room. Here you can chat by keyboard or head set, and also join games. Time to fire up the PSP.

12. On your PSP, go to Adhoc Mode and select multi player.

13. Pick a room (x), and create one (unless one is already available, just join that one). And you are ready to race.

14. For trading cars, just select share and trade and be patient for your friend's cars to show up.

Edit> As far as I know, you need to be from the same region (NTCS, PAL) to be able race or trade with each other.

From Denur's procedure. Step two is the one you should get sorted.

Edit: Maybe some extra explanation. Maybe you have setup you psp already to go the the PSN store or get on the internet. Make sure you use the same account on the psp as on the ps3. On the ps3 you can have multiple accounts. On the psp you can only have one account. To change it, you have to delete you existing account on the psp. Triangle and choose delete this account. Then try to logon to the store and provide the same username and password as you use with your ps3.

Last edited:
Yeah it's the same account, but I don't even think that matters. In fact I'm sure it doesn't, because your PSP doesn't have to be connected to the internet, and it lets me connect and everything it just won't let me go into a world.

It does matter. To be able to use the Addhoc party software succesfully, you must use the same account on both psp and ps3.

You are right when you say the the psp does not connect to the internet, but via psp's wifi it connects to the ps3.

God, I can't get this to work. Every time I try to join a world I get some random Japanese error, it's very frustrating.
Do you have to be logged into a Japanese account to use it? It acted differently on my Japanese account, it was strange. Like, there was more sound effects and stuff.
What do you mean by trying to join a world? Do yo get so far as seeing the big circle?

adpa1.jpg

I found a different tutorial on how to play GT PSP via Adhoc Party. It takes a different route from what I usually do, but this route apparently automatically searches for a room already hosting GT.

I'm going to try this myself in about an hour. :)

Found here.

EDIT>

I tried using the 3rd option (as described in the tutorial) and it seems to work. Seems, because the system was not able to find a hosting GT room in any of the Worlds.
When you use the 3rd option from the Adhoc Party main menu, you are only able to join an existing room and not able to create your own. For that you will have use the first menu option.

Which I have done now, so I'm waiting in J1-Lobby 30 for other players. :)

Last edited:
Good find Denur.👍 This will save me the frustration of going through all the rooms trying to find anyone else playing GT.

It does matter. To be able to use the Addhoc party software succesfully, you must use the same account on both psp and ps3.

You are right when you say the the psp does not connect to the internet, but via psp's wifi it connects to the ps3.

But you can't log in to an account because you're supposed to be in the game when you join, so it recognizes you.
What do you mean by trying to join a world? Do yo get so far as seeing the big circle?

adpa1.jpg
Yep. I press O and it gives an error message.

But you can't log in to an account because you're supposed to be in the game when you join, so it recognizes you.

Indeed. So the login on you psp has to be done outside of GTpsp.
1. Start your psp
2. Account management (you have to be able to reach a wifi internet)
3. Either login at this stage with the same credentials as you do on you ps3,
or press the triangle button in step 2 > Delete account.
4. Once your account on the psp is deleted, you can sign-up to psn Netwerk via Account Management on your psp with the same credentials as you use on your psp.

You do need wifi internet to register an account on you psp if there is no account or you have deleted your account on your psp.

Yep. I press O and it gives an error message.
I don't know if you're doing this, but with the left joystick you first have to highlight one of the numbered little man on the circle. If you move the joystick up & left it will highlight as shown in that picture. While holding the joystick as such, press O.

Back