AdHoc Party Play Room: World J:Room 30 thru 35

• Thread starter lirathal
  • 141 comments
I don't know if you're doing this, but with the left joystick you first have to highlight one of the numbered little man on the circle. If you move the joystick up & left it will highlight as shown in that picture. While holding the joystick as such, press O.
Well actually it takes me to a different screen than the one pictured above. It's similar, except the circle is smaller and skewed to the left, and I can't select a room.
The screen showed at 0:45 in the video.

Last edited:
Well actually it takes me to a different screen than the one pictured above. It's similar, except the circle is smaller and skewed to the left, and I can't select a room.
The screen showed at 0:45 in the video.
Ok, now things start to clearup. You are using the 3rd option in the main menu (as is shown in that video) and it will start scanning for GT PSP hosts. When you get the error message (with only the X to accept), that means that no one is hosting the game in that world. I have gotten that same message for the last few days.

I suggest to following my instructions from a while back, and first try to setup your own room. When that works, you can be sure that all is connected and setup correctly.

It's been a while now that I've raced anyone in Adhoc Mode. Anyone wants to come out and play in J-30? :cheers:

I really need to get on my Japanese account and download AHP soon. My PS3 is already set up as needed (hard-wired from my wireless router), and it'd be great to race some of you guys real-time... hopefully I'll have time this weekend.

Is there no way to use AHP if your PS3 is not hard-wired to your router? Because my PS3 is downstairs and my router is upstairs. Would be silly if there's a 15 metres cable running the length of my house to join the two. I really want to race online in GTPSP :(.

Is there no way to use AHP if your PS3 is not hard-wired to your router? Because my PS3 is downstairs and my router is upstairs. Would be silly if there's a 15 metres cable running the length of my house to join the two. I really want to race online in GTPSP :(.
Your PS3 needs to use WiFi to communicate with the PSP, which means you need to connect to the Internet using the Ethernet port.

I have heard of people running wireless bridges when a hardline isn't feasible. Basically it would be PS3 > ethernet cable > wireless adapter > wireless link > router. I haven't set up anything exactly like this but I don't imagine it would be too difficult.

Ok, now things start to clearup. You are using the 3rd option in the main menu (as is shown in that video) and it will start scanning for GT PSP hosts. When you get the error message (with only the X to accept), that means that no one is hosting the game in that world. I have gotten that same message for the last few days.

I suggest to following my instructions from a while back, and first try to setup your own room. When that works, you can be sure that all is connected and setup correctly.
Ohhhh, thanks. That makes a lot more sense than the guy that was telling me I need wi-fi.

Your PS3 needs to use WiFi to communicate with the PSP, which means you need to connect to the Internet using the Ethernet port.

Ah crap! So you cannot simply use the USB cable to connect the PSP to the PS3? My PSP can't connect to my home WiFi connection at all (Internet Security Not Supported) :guilty:.

I have heard of people running wireless bridges when a hardline isn't feasible. Basically it would be PS3 > ethernet cable > wireless adapter > wireless link > router. I haven't set up anything exactly like this but I don't imagine it would be too difficult.

I'll try this, but I'm a bit clueless about these kinds of stuff so it probably won't work first time round lol.

Ah crap! So you cannot simply use the USB cable to connect the PSP to the PS3? My PSP can't connect to my home WiFi connection at all (Internet Security Not Supported) :guilty:.

Your psp connects via wifi with the ps3. The psp does not have to be connected to the internet via wifi.

I'm online now in J-30.

Edit, nice racing Trebor 👍

Last edited:
I would like to use the voice chat option offered by Adhoc Party, which would mean getting a bluetooth headset. But it would also mean that I won't be able to use my headphones to listen to the game sounds, but have to fallback to the PSP onboard speakers. Or are there headsets that can provide sounds from two sources simultaneously? Couldn't find anything with Google.

And another thing: Last night I was able to do quite a few races with Trebor555. He is from the UK and I'm Dutch. I think we did a dozen races or so and only got one disconnection. Before the disconnection each race one of us was awarded the jackpot (good for loads of money), but after the disconnection we never got the jackpot. Has someone been able to figure out what the odds are that a jackpot is awarded during a race?

After the races with Trebor a frenchman joined the room and we were not once able to get into a race together, nor to exchange cars. And this while using the same game version (EU). Could this be a language setting thing (I'm using english on my PSP) and the reason why Adhoc Party (and/or GT) does not consider our gran turismo games to be compatible?

Your thoughts on these things are welcome. :)

OK, this afternoon was very lucrative: Now I've got more than 4000 cars! :crazy:

One thing has become clear (unclear), sometimes connections with US players work, sometimes not at all. :scared:

One thing has become clear (unclear), sometimes connections with US players work, sometimes not at all. :scared:
Yep, EU-US racing has worked before, but today I seemed to be the bane of everyone's connectivity. As soon as I tried to look for an open garage, everyone would drop. When I left the room, no problems. Doh! Well, this just means separate rooms for US and EU. Unfortunatey, that also means fewer people for everyone to race against. :(

When i play wi-fi and online with the powercord (not the usb) plugged in, the orange light doesn't go on and i press the home button and the battery indicator doesn't say it's charging. Is this normal??? My psp is 1000.

When i play wi-fi and online with the powercord (not the usb) plugged in, the orange light doesn't go on and i press the home button and the battery indicator doesn't say it's charging. Is this normal??? My psp is 1000.
My PSP 1000 does the same thing. I think it's probably running 100% on external power, just not charging the battery.

the 1000 cant charge while using wifi, but it does run off of external power so the battery % dont go down any farther

Room J-30 is open again.

Yesterday only got to do two races, but very lucrative. Both races were with jackpot and both assigned to me. And because I won them both, all the money, including that of my opponent, went to me. :P

Back