AE86, Porsche 962C and more leaked by PD, coming to GTS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't suppose you guys have any larger versions of those screenshots? The GTP news site really needs images over 800px wide, and the largest images I'm seeing here are up to 800px wide but include all the framing of your desktop, tabs, taskbar etc.

Unfortunately not, I've got a very measly 1280x800 (13inch) resolution on my laptop so that's about as large as I could get in the spur of the moment before PD got rid of any traces of those leaked cars on the website, sorry.

Pretty much sure since the 1988 Porsche 962c was leaked, I'm sure they'll use the longtail (Langheck) version in the Dunlop livery, like the one in Forza 7. And you know the deal: Group C = Gr. 1.
2885476492_5867feeebf.jpg

I don't suppose you guys have any larger versions of those screenshots? The GTP news site really needs images over 800px wide, and the largest images I'm seeing here are up to 800px wide but include all the framing of your desktop, tabs, taskbar etc.
I am afraid not. Although I can do a screenshot on a 5K Mac if you're interested :P

Shame we couldn't find out if there was an unannounced track accidentally leaked on the website as well.
Started frantically looking for one through 'Race Photos' and 'Replays', but to no avail.

Imagine if we found out the next track as well at the same time as these cars.

To be honest, I'm quite happy we don't know now. That would mean we have to wait until May to know the "next" track.

962 is the Le Mans car of my era. So hyped for that one.

Where is the difference to the 956 Rothmans or are these the same?

Well good discovery people!

Whilst i am very happy to have the Lancia added with the current update today I'm equally happy to see three of my favourites in this
list. The Trueno was my car I started my Gran Turimso experience with and the Renault 8 I like because I always liked early Renault's
from that era.

The third one is the Porsche 962, got a few livery idea's in mind for that one!

Well good discovery people!

Whilst i am very happy to have the Lancia added with the current update today I'm equally happy to see three of my favourites in this
list. The Trueno was my car I started my Gran Turimso experience with and the Renault 8 I like because I always liked early Renault's
from that era.

The third one is the Porsche 962, got a few livery idea's in mind for that one!

For example, Porsche Intelligent Performance on 919 14'?

Where is the difference to the 956 Rothmans or are these the same?
The 962 is essentially a development of the 956. The primary difference is the wheelbase, with Porsche moving the front axle line forwards - the 956 didn't meet safety regulations as the pedal box was actually ahead of the front axle - and a steel roll cage integrated within the aluminium monocoque. The engine is slightly different too, and as this is the 1988 car it'll be a 3.0 twin turbo instead of the 2.6 single turbo.

My favourite 962 thing is how it won the 1994 24 Hours of Le Mans. There were new rules - as often happened in the 1990s as the FIA was trying to push F1 and prototypes together - which required race cars based on production road cars to enter GT1. One of the 962 race teams, Dauer, had converted some 962s for road use (13 in total, eventually), and they were barely road legal. There were some differences in the body panels and floor, and Dauer fitted hydraulic suspension to make the ride height meet minimum standards. As it was a production car, Porsche picked up a couple of Dauer 962s, undid the changes and took first and third.

Last edited:
First the Stratos and now the Gordini. Both cars I had in my wishlist for a long time and they are coming so soon after eachother. So happy right now and I’m very much looking forward to the other cars. Get me that 962 and AE86, going to enjoy my drives with those cars.

The 962 is essentially a development of the 956. The primary difference is the wheelbase, with Porsche moving the front axle line forwards - the 956 didn't meet safety regulations as the pedal box was actually ahead of the front axle - and a steel roll cage integrated within the aluminium monocoque. The engine is slightly different too, and as this is the 1988 car it'll be a 2.8 twin turbo instead of the 2.6 single turbo.

My favourite 962 thing is how it won the 1994 24 Hours of Le Mans. There were new rules - as often happened in the 1990s as the FIA was trying to push F1 and prototypes together - which required race cars based on production road cars to enter GT1. One of the 962 race teams, Dauer, had converted some 962s for road use (13 in total, eventually), and they were barely road legal. There were some differences in the body panels and floor, and Dauer fitted hydraulic suspension to make the ride height meet minimum standards. As it was a production car, Porsche picked up a couple of Dauer 962s, undid the changes and took first and third.

I personally love how one of its features is, wait for it, a DVD Player. Sure, Totally want to set back and enjoy Jurassic park whilst my spine is fully compressed :lol:

Porsche 962C, wow!! Next update is gonna be good. My question is: Could Gr.C finally be a class? Please PD, let these beasts race against each other!!

My thoughts exactly. We already have four Group C cars (Nissan, Mercedes, Jaguar, Mazda), so with the Porsche supposedly coming too, we have 5 cars from that era. I feel like that definitely warrants a category on its own (Gr.C), where these beasts can run free and not shackled by the BoP! :bowdown:

I keep losing hope on the LFA by each update :(
I’m the same hoping for the civic! But they’ll come. Eventually. They are iconic cars at the end of the day.
So am I, but I'm hoping for the the Silvia. I agree with Randombeef about them coming eventually. Since the AE86 got leaked, the 1996 S14 K's Aero aka the S14 Kouki should be next after the AE86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back