Votes: 98 19.1%
  • 60-69

Votes: 42 8.2%
  • 70-79

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 80+

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, anyone who started playing GT with anything prior to GT6 grew to love the game in the relative absence of Social Media platforms for expression or discussion, 'twas all about the forums before that. I think my original account here was registered in 2006 when I'd have already been 27, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Insta didn't really exist back then, the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time, they didn't have any white onions because of the war.

I'm in the 50-59 group and expected that to be on the larger side. I'm kind of surprised that the 40-49 is currently second spot as if most players are male, that might be when "family life" gets in the way of gaming and you take a pause being a dad. But perhaps that was just me...

I drifted off gaming in my early 40s as through my late 30s I spent more time with kids and other family stuff. Mowing grass, crap like that... :D

It was my 16 yo daughter getting a PS5 for Christmas that brought me back into the gaming, now in my 50s. Ironically I use it more than she does. She prefers PC gaming mostly...

EDIT: In a side note I think this poll is more indicative of not who plays GT7 but who hangs out on this forum. I won't expect to see many <20 yo here. Forums are old school. It's not annoying 15 second tik-toks with horrid robot voices... OK, I'll get of my grumpy old man soap box now....

Last edited:
How are you guys doing, how are reflexes and general body responding? I'm at 61 and happy with high B ranking, hopefully reaching A during this year. But body aches sometimes, muscles in the leg from pressing brake, wrists and hands also but maybe is my way of grabbing the wheel too tight.
Slowing down a bit since I got GT 3 as a 60th birthday present. I'm usually good for 3 hours. No major aches or pains.
Missed racing online for the last 2 weeks, was playing soccer with my 12 year old great grandson and sprained my knee taking a penalty shot lol, sticking with the rig from now on, much safer.

In the mid 50's here. Been gaming since I can remember. ....arcades in the 70's 80's, early consoles (actually owned a Bally Arcade as my first), Commodore 64 and then bought my own, first PC in the 80's. I switched from PC gaming to console again when the PS3 came out and that was my introduction to the GT franchise starting with GT5 Prologue.

I agree with some others that the numbers could be skewed for various reasons but I will say that there are a lot more of us in our age range than some may think. For me, I've never really stopped gaming. Even with a family, a career, etc., I always found time usually at night. Even now as an early retiree, that hasn't changed.

58 here kids!.. couldn't wait after all this time for GT7 to come out.. btwn. the new tech (compared to 2, 3 & 4, when I first got involved) (HD-tv's, bluetooth, wireless, earbuds, phones/music) & all the options the game gives now
(the visuals just blow me away) , heck yeah, meeting and beating all of my expectations.. couldn't be happier, the ultimate escape from reality without getting hurt.. LoL!.. good day gentlemen..

NW.
Relic! Being impressed by HD TV. Pfft!.

4K here baby! Time to get with the modern era Grandpa. :D :D

PS. I can't comment. I turn 53 today..

Last edited:
Happy birthday! I like this thread, it's making me feel a bit younger as I'm 'only' 50 :lol:

I got the original GT on PS1 as soon as it came out and went and bought the official PS controller with analogue sticks to play it with straight after. I remember thinking that £35 seemed like a lot just to play one game, but it was well worth it. 😁

Happy birthday! I like this thread, it's making me feel a bit younger as I'm 'only' 50 :lol:

I got the original GT on PS1 as soon as it came out and went and bought the official PS controller with analogue sticks to play it with straight after. I remember thinking that £35 seemed like a lot just to play one game, but it was well worth it. 😁

75 years old, B/S rating .
Can't race IRL anymore, do to heart condition.

Ah, the irony of older users taking this thread as an opportunity to complain that all younger people do these days is complain...

I'll be careful with my words here, last time I spoke up about this I got a warning, guess you all can be a bit sensitive too ;)

In all seriousness though, it's nice to see that wide range, though it's a shame the darn kids these days don't know about forums. They're just not fast-paced enough. It's not just younger people though, a quick glance at Twitter gives you a small series of posts, maybe totaling 1,000 characters, and anyone who's sucked into that kind of social media will respond "I'm not reading all that." The fast paced, short message nature of having so many things at once is addictive in general, it's just that people are now growing up expected to get hooked on it, so they do more often.

There this

Could make a Half Century Club, as a feeder group, before moving up to the Geezer Club. ;)

There this

Could make a Half Century Club, as a feeder group, before moving up to the Geezer Club. ;)
I haven't much time to " fit " at half century club, in one and a half am moving automatically to Geezer club 😂 .
Damn ,since like yesterday when i met GT1 ........

I'll be 65 in a little more than a week. Been playing GT since it came out. The Geezers are a great group of people, I've raced with them on occasion. Between work and commitments to racing with friends since prologue, (TPRA Vet), I haven't had time to race with everyone I call friend.

Last edited:
I haven't much time to " fit " at half century club, in one and a half am moving automatically to Geezer club 😂 .
Damn ,since like yesterday when i met GT1 ........
a “half century club” is not the worst idea actually.
If one isn’t started in 4.5 years, I’m starting it and will be it’s first commissioner.

Last edited:
I just propelled the 30-39 group into the lead at a relatively young 33. It's good to see a lot of older folks still into video games! It's incredible how far the tech has come for those of us who have been gaming for multiple decades, I can't wait to see what innovations will be introduced by the time I'm at the age of some of you elder statesmen.

I was active on forums when I was about 14, probably had a few close calls with groomers during that time. Was on an old furry forum that got taken down not that long ago.

There was a guy there that kept raving about Bitcoin at the time, so I sorta wished I was a more impressionable kid :lol:.

Guy would write literal pages on it just to get flamed. Guess he won in the end.

--

Was poor, so I didn't get a touchscreen phone until my late HS years, so the whole texting/IM thing isn't really for me. If I wanted to talk to someone who was away, like my friends usually were during the school year, I would just hop into a phone call and talk for hours and hours.

I still do that today, just with Discord. I only really interact with my friends and friends of friends. I'm friendly/cordial with everyone else, but that's about it.

The dedicated Discord gaming communities thing, though, is just too fast paced for me and sometimes too hyper-focused for me to enjoy. If the topic was say... RPGs, I don't want to talk about dps parse numbers all the time, nor do I want to talk about patch notes, class rebalances, etc, every day. We already play the game, together or not. While I'm there I want to know more about you, not your interactions with the game.

Forums tend to do a good job of letting you know people through their posts because it's slow enough to have conversations about other topics.

Last edited:
Back