• 70-79

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 80+

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
Barcelona
Metentso
Used search to see if ther was any recent age poll, I found this one from gran turismo 5 in 2011:

If there is a newer one that i missed just disregard this thread! Ok lets see if i can do this poll correctly... will use the same groups as the previous one.

EDIT: Sorry I saved the post before finishing the options 80+ is missing, just post it if you in this age group, and also you are awesome!

Last edited:
I hit 70 - 79 but made it to 80. I know a few other octogenarians still racing online.

73 on Saturday, so just a spring chicken…
How are you guys doing, how are reflexes and general body responding? I'm at 61 and happy with high B ranking, hopefully reaching A during this year. But body aches sometimes, muscles in the leg from pressing brake, wrists and hands also but maybe is my way of grabbing the wheel too tight.

I find it hard to believe that there's no under 20s on GTP, especially reading some of the nonsense whining & crying crap that fills most threads, "I want this or I'm not buying, they better do that or I'm not playing".

The latest FM8 thread springs to mind & to think that's going to on till October & then some, but there are others as well.

maybe they haven't seen this thread yet.

The children must be at school so they haven't found this thread yet but the results thusfar actually make sense with the demographic shift over time since GT5. I'm in the biggest bracket currently and twelve years ago I was also in the biggest bracket.

I find it hard to believe that there's no under 20s on GTP, especially reading some of the nonsense whining & crying crap that fills most threads, "I want this or I'm not buying, they better do that or I'm not playing".

The latest FM8 thread springs to mind & to think that's going to on till October & then some, but there are others as well.

Consider that - in my opinion - generations that young have basically always had some sort of technological instant gratification in their lives since they were old enough to read and write so that sort of complaining has basically become a generational value. Extremely short attention spans, unlimited options, and little knowledge of or respect for brands or franchises older than them. Entire generations of annoying kids. But I'm getting old so that's my theory and I shall not revisit it.

Last edited:

I'm honestly not too surprised, the younger crowd doesn't use too many forums in general. Most of the younger crowd in other competitive gaming genres that I used to participate in (fighting games) moved from forums to Facebook groups a decade ago, then moved from there to discord, Reddit, and Twitter as the primary discussion places maybe 7 years ago.

It's a shame really because forums are way more useful for persistent discussions, strategy, and general sharing of information than any of these other more modern social media platforms. In the context of this game, it would be so much more difficult to find and share tunes for instance on any of these other alternatives. Reddit probably would be ok but I'm not a fan of that platform for various reasons. I don't get why everyone decided to reinvent the wheel other than it's easier and cheaper to use these other platforms, so honestly I was quite happy to find this place last year as I started to get into the genre thanks to this game.

36 here by the way. Learned to drive & got my license last year from this game after hating driving my entire life, hooked now.

I find it hard to believe that there's no under 20s on GTP, especially reading some of the nonsense whining & crying crap that fills most threads
As I get older I realise that old people are just as likely to talk utter crap as young people... the difference being the young people evolve their way of thinking and grow. Old peoples mind's crystalize and stagnate.

Last edited:
58 here kids!.. couldn't wait after all this time for GT7 to come out.. btwn. the new tech (compared to 2, 3 & 4, when I first got involved) (HD-tv's, bluetooth, wireless, earbuds, phones/music) & all the options the game gives now
(the visuals just blow me away) , heck yeah, meeting and beating all of my expectations.. couldn't be happier, the ultimate escape from reality without getting hurt.. LoL!.. good day gentlemen..

NW.

Last edited:
Nice.....I'm actually impressed there's crew of retirees up in here haha. When I was still doing motorcycle roadracing there were a few guys out there nearly twice my age and they were still damn quick.

Hope I'm still enjoying it when I get up there ;)

Last edited:

They probably haven't figured out a way to turn it into a wish list or complaint thread yet. Give it time.

People under 20 generally don’t know what internet forums are. I recently told a 25 year-old about the forum concept and she had never heard about it.

It's very bad that there aren't any under 20's. Gameplaying starts young and as we get older a greater and greater proportion stop playing games. That means games that appeal to older players will let lower and lower sales with time.

It might be that it’s internet forums that under 20’s don’t use, rather than the games themselves. What with their tik toks and onlyfans and terrible music and what have you.

Back