• 60-69

Votes: 42 8.2%
  • 70-79

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 80+

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
75 years next October......๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚

I started 9 years ago with GT6....as I had finished everything, my brother, who is 2 years younger and has been playing since GT1, told me to buy GT5.....

I did almost everything when GT sport came out....
shortly afterwards, I bought a T300 GT Edition steering wheel ...

I've played a bit online, but it stresses me out and I hate to see a good race (yes, it happened sometimes....I've even won some.....) wiped out by an opposing competitor, whether he did it on purpose or not....(some just do it, by the way...)

I stopped, I was "B", on the verge of "A"...

on GT7, I only play "solo" and I've just switched to TGT2

I have three accounts, so doing all the races in "perfect races", "circuit experience" and TT, keeps my retired evenings busy, as I don't watch television.....๐Ÿ˜…

and I notice that while the number of years continues to increase, TT times continue to fall: I've never been so fast.....๐Ÿ˜…

I love it......I hope it lasts.....๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I find it hard to believe that there's no under 20s on GTP, especially reading some of the nonsense whining & crying crap that fills most threads, "I want this or I'm not buying, they better do that or I'm not playing".

The latest FM8 thread springs to mind & to think that's going to on till October & then some, but there are others as well.

maybe they haven't seen this thread yet.
It's the old farts that actually complain the most. I live in a neighbourhood where the average age is 60+ (I'm 40). If I step outside my house I'm greeted by the geriatric rabble spouting things like...

"The paperboy didn't put the paper ON MY DOORSTEP! UNACCEPTABLE!!!"

"Clarence parked infront of my house again! He has his own driveway!"

"Kids these days have it easy! Back in my day..."

"People complaining about house prices should have bought in 40 years ago when house prices were reasonable! It's their own fault for not investing!"

So... Totally the old people doing all the complaining around here.

It's very bad that there aren't any under 20's. Gameplaying starts young and as we get older a greater and greater proportion stop playing games. That means games that appeal to older players will let lower and lower sales with time.
How is that a bad thing? Shouldn't it be just neutral? Besides half the time they don't use proper grammar nor read books. Most of them have terrible attitude problems on top of their inexperience and constant whining. Wouldn't be surprised if most of them under-20 somethings had accounts here but were all banned in a few months due to pissing off the mods with their reckless nature. Good riddance.

Last edited:
How is that a bad thing? Shouldn't it be just neutral? Besides half the time they don't use proper grammar nor read books. Most of them have terrible attitude problems on top of their inexperience and constant whining. Wouldn't be surprised if most of them under-20 somethings had accounts here but were all banned in a few months due to pissing off the mods with their reckless nature. Good riddance.
This is the most "kids these days!!" post I've ever seen on here. You start with "how is it a bad thing?", move into "it should be neutral", then ultimately to "good riddance." You whine that these imaginary teens are constantly whining and that they got banned in a few months when the reality is they were never here to begin with. You've made up a problem and got yourself mad about it in a few short sentences.

You do realize teens just don't use forums anymore, right? They're on Twitter and TikTok and YouTube and Discord now.

Last edited:
they got banned in a few months
Don't know if you've been lurking these forums since 2008 like I have, but I'll tell you, the number of new accounts that get banned here in the last 5 years, isn't actually decreasing. But many people of all ages who play GT are STILL directed to this website for all things Gran Turismo, even if GTplanet has nothing to do with Kaz himself. The question is then, WHERE are all the under 20 somethings?

Reddit & Discord mostly.
Wrong. They're everywhere. Forums, websites, you name it.

Before Reddit and discord.. there were just forums and the rather technical stuff like Usenet that came before.

Now there's multiple options and more people to use them. More options does not mean "everyone only flocks to the best/newest" More options lends to all options being used, though there's a majority in one camp over another.
There are still people who use Usenet. Some of them have never used it before. Effectively "new" people.

Last edited:

Before Reddit and discord.. there were just forums and the rather technical stuff like Usenet that came before.

Now there's multiple options and more people to use them. More options does not mean "everyone only flocks to the best/newest" More options lends to all options being used, though there's a majority in one camp over another.
There are still people who use Usenet. Some of them have never used it before. Effectively "new" people.

Thatโ€™s not my experience at all and I work a lot with 20 somethings.

r/Gran Turismo has almost 200k followers.

I honestly think you got it all wrong.

Last edited:
Don't know if you've been lurking these forums since 2008 like I have, but I'll tell you, the number of new accounts that get banned here in the last 5 years, isn't actually decreasing. But many people of all ages who play GT are STILL directed to this website for all things Gran Turismo, even if GTplanet has nothing to do with Kaz himself. The question is then, WHERE are all the under 20 somethings?
2008 was 16 years ago. You were lurking here when those imaginary teens would have been born.

People of all ages get banned here. That's nothing new. Plenty of old people going on bigoted rants out of nowhere.

As for where they are, I already told you. That was at the end of my post.

If young people are on discord, let them stay there with their **** memes, we dont want these tiktok discord reddit kidos going gt7 is mid blah blah blah kaz old boring man dont understand us we want the anime touge track blah blah and reddit gran turismo people leech off gtplanet news there is nothing there but crying about penalties and they are going to want to ruin more tracks like grand valley and trial mountain for their esport max verstappen fantasy, GT will be GT Kaz will be Kaz PD will be PD will never become Tiktok Forza disaster!

Last edited:
Not surprised that a good majority are Gen Y.
We grew up with GT1 which got us hooked onto the series as a whole.

ruin more tracks like grand valley and trial mountain

I do not mind the remake of trial mountain, it actually keeps to the essence of the track.
Grand Valley is a crapshow.

There was no need to make it into a Californian road.
PD could've kept Grand Valleys spirit alive by keeping it as a race track.

Last edited:
If young people are on discord, let them stay there with their **** memes, we dont want these tiktok discord reddit kidos going gt7 is mid blah blah blah kaz old boring man dont understand us we want the anime touge track blah blah and reddit gran turismo people leech off gtplanet news there is nothing there but crying about penalties and they are going to want to ruin more tracks like grand valley and trial mountain for their esport max verstappen fantasy, GT will be GT Kaz will be Kaz PD will be PD will never become Tiktok Forza disaster!
Ok gramps, time to get you back to bed.

It's funny to see how the age groups from 2011 have moved 10 years with very little involvement from the U20s. That's a shame. Are the U20s not playing GT7 or are they just not here?

Iโ€™m sorry, but nobody is using Usenet anymore. Of course, not โ€œliterallyโ€ nobody. But man, thatโ€™s ancient technology for the vast majority of people using the โ€œinternetโ€ these daysโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ok, Boomer.

Bruh, you're gonna hate on the kidz and their memes by writing a 2nd grade run-on stream of babble like this? I'll take 'em any day over seeing unhinged rambling like this.

41 here. Thought I would be on the high side honestly!

I agree with the others about the younger demos staying on different mediums. I am friends with and work with a lot of people in their early 20s and forums aren't even a thing in their lives. As has been said, YT, discord, twitch, FB and other platforms have replaced forums for the most part, but they are still relevant to a lot of people. Especially those of us that grew up with the early iterations of internet.

I started 9 years ago with GT6....as I had finished everything, my brother, who is 2 years younger and has been playing since GT1, told me to buy GT5.....

I've played a bit online, but it stresses me out and I hate to see a good race (yes, it happened sometimes....I've even won some.....) wiped out by an opposing competitor, whether he did it on purpose or not....(some just do it, by the way...)

I have three accounts, so doing all the races in "perfect races", "circuit experience" and TT, keeps my retired evenings busy, as I don't watch television.....๐Ÿ˜…

and I notice that while the number of years continues to increase, TT times continue to fall: I've never been so fast.....๐Ÿ˜…

My father in law at 73 bought himself an R Type Honda Civic with all the extras. He came out of a supermarket with his wife to find a group of young lads surrounding his car admiring it. He said the look on their faces when they realised who the owner was was priceless.!

Beautiful to read and I hope I can race when I am 75 as well :D What a beautiful hobby and I totally agree with the playing "solo" concept, I do the same.

I don't have that much time as my daughter is now 2 years old and a baby boy it's on the way, I am 34 now.

I do have a question however, how is your body dealing with so much time behind the wheel?
If I do a couple of hours I already start to feel my shoulder and knee, but due to previously sustained injuries in other sports.

All the best!!

Used search to see if ther was any recent age poll, I found this one from gran turismo 5 in 2011:

If there is a newer one that i missed just disregard this thread! Ok lets see if i can do this poll correctly... will use the same groups as the previous one.

EDIT: Sorry I saved the post before finishing the options 80+ is missing, just post it if you in this age group, and also you are awesome!
Edit: just read some of the more recent posts and pretty much all of the following has been said before.

Plus I just realized that we have an unhealthy amount of "kids these days with their discords and tikkytoksโ€ฆ should stay where they are" complainers. I would not feel welcomed then either if I was an interested 15 year looking to educate themselves on a new hobby.

Btw 37 here and hope to stay open minded and accepting until I'm still enjoying this hobby at 75. Inspiring @samsaoule

----------
Pre edit:
Not sure if it was mentioned before (didn't read all the replies) but the distribution pretty much just shifted up 10 years which implies that we are pretty much the same users that have simply grown with the site and the game.

Interesting to me how the under 20 fraction is so small nowadays. Does not bode too well for the long term future of sim racing as a valuable market. Medium term for ten or so years it is probably growing since those already enjoying it are increasing their spending power to splurge on those sweet sweet rigs and gadgets.

Maybe my interpretation of this data is wrong and young people still start up sim racing and GT at a similar rate and it is only gtplanet which has a problem attracting them. Of course nowadays their are way more quality or at least entertaining options like YouTube and tiktok that didn't exist to this extent ten years ago. Back then a message board was always the most in depth information you could find on a certain topic. There was nothing else.

Last edited:
I am 55.

I think its a little odd that so few people bellow 20 play's the game.

I have a susspision that the poll is a bit skewed compared to the real pool of players. I think that younger people don't use forums as much anymore hence there is a slight overweight of older people who are wotting here.

The younger generation they use other forms of social media a lot more than forums. Hence few are present here at GTP.

58 this summer and still ready to kick some ass on track :D

I've played a lot on GT1 to GT3, then a break until recently when I bought a PS5 for playing GT7.

I'm a huge fan of 24 Hours of Le Mans (the most unbelievable race) and I have a small race car background (Porsche and Nissan) and sailing races too.

I second the @klondike suspision about the poll results, given to the Web usage of the youngest generations. Forums are mostly used by silver fox like us :D

Back