AI changed in the 1.07 update?

Have you noticed the AI being faster and more aggressive since the 1.07 update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is my experience too. It definitely seems that a certain core group of factors are in play in how the A.I. behaves.
  • Which group of cars you choose: sports, supercars, race cars
  • Often which subgroup you select: GT300, GT500, DTM, Rally etc.
  • Which bots and which cars are in the top three spots or so
  • Which track and/or which race series you select in GT Mode
If PD would just undo these odd factors so the bot behavior is more universal, and unlimit their racing performance or at least make them more uniform from best to worst, these bots would be the best ever.

👍 For the street cars, the best ones I've raced against are the FXX, McLaren F1 and Huayra. They often are so reckless that sometimes they spun or go mad sideways while racing.

I was testing the Tom's Castrol Supra '01 yesterday afternoon in the IA GT500 series at Fuji F (5 laps, 650pp restriction).

I was on sports soft tires with just an oil change (576pp, no tuning) while the field had racing hard and I couldn't get better than 10th place. Normally I win this race by 15-20 seconds in similar untuned cars.

Starting the 3rd lap at turn 1 off the long front straight, I broke way too late and was outside, almost in the grass. The car behind me (Lexus GT500 car) did not brake early and wait for me as usual, he drove full throttle on the inside and passed me cleanly. 👍

I've never had the AI pass me like that in GT6.

The only other AI races I've done since 1.07 install were Red Bull grinds at Silverstone but AI in those seem identical to before.

I'm a bit late to this topic but, oh well. Ai cars undertaking at the first corner of Fuji is not new to Update 1.07. At some point when I was doing my career (probably January), I hit the brakes too early going into the first corner while in 1st place...wasn't worried as the second place AI was far enough behind....except, he hit the brakes very late (as late as I normally would) and overtook me up the inside and held it. It took me a few corners to recover as I was so shocked by it. Having said that, it's never happened again

I cannot beat the AI in Nurburgring Nordschleife with the Nismo GT3 against the Audi's family in Arcade mode...Try, if you are an Alien...

What settings are you using? Laps, difficulty, settings? etc.

I'm a long, long way away from being Alien, but I don't have any trouble beating the AI with either the NISMO GT3 or the Schulze GT3 in Arcade Mode on that track with nothing touched on the car except switching off TCS.

That's on Professional difficulty with the AI set at 10.

So I went back to the S-class Nurb 24 event again this week in the BMW-VGT. My buddy in the Viper was nowhere to be seen. This time I pitted in P3 and came out in P3. I took P2 from an RX7 early in the lap, I almost rammed him at the previous corner as he slowed so badly at the apex so the next corner I just let her roll outside for an easy pass. I overtook P1, a BMW/McLaren F1, about a third the way through lap 2. He was having all sorts of trouble in the wet, I thought maybe they were stupid and put on slicks, but I went back to look and he had inters like the rest of us. I won this time with no drama up 20+ seconds on P2 and over 50 on P3.

BMW-VGT:...... 9:12.088 / 10:10.030 / 8:52.315
BMW-McLaren: 9:16.616 / 10:32.735 / 9:03.091
Mazda RX7 r/c: 9:35.996 / 10:45.711 / no time

So it does seem that it is very race/your car/bot car dependent on what kind of race you will get. I guess it was just luck of the draw that I had that outstanding race against the Viper and it just so happened that it was my first race after the 1.07 update. Too bad, I would be happy with this game even with the missing features if I could get that kind of racing much more often.

What settings are you using? Laps, difficulty, settings? etc.

I'm a long, long way away from being Alien, but I don't have any trouble beating the AI with either the NISMO GT3 or the Schulze GT3 in Arcade Mode on that track with nothing touched on the car except switching off TCS.

That's on Professional difficulty with the AI set at 10.
I run with the GTR Nismo GT3 stock...I suffer in the long straight...:scared:

Justin Beaver
I'm aware of the football player named Justin Beaver, but I just had to do this :lol:.
636px-Justin_beaver_by_pbwik-d3ju90y-1024x772.jpg

Now, as for the AI being different, I can confirm they are the same average speed around Daytona. Me in my C6 LM race car, them in a field of random cars of equivalent performance. Each ran about the same time as before 1.07.

Three times Nürburg 24' with three new achieved cars ( standards because the dealers are out of premiums...)
I pitted each race (only use RH, as always), the Ford needed fuel, the two other cars did not need to stop, but I did it any way, just to compare (and to see what the pit crews were doing). Not relevant here, but is funny to see how they are all ready to get in action and as soon as you pas them, they disappear and the doors close... :nervous:

1st race: with Ford Falcon XR8 2000 (636 PP): won by 5", McLaren came in second (28.31.XX), Nissan GT-R Touring Car (28.32.XX) and GT Citroën Race Car (28.38.00) Three lap battle and I had to drive the wheels off the Falcon to get in front far enough before the long straight. The other cars were a lot faster and came pretty close.

2nd race: Opel Calibra Touring Car (585 PP): very easy win, though less powered, by 44". This time two McLaren cars and a BMW M3 (28.55 / 29.07 / 29.27) The opposition let me go at the end of lap 2, from that moment not really a race any more. Slower AI, but still clearly faster than before 1.07.

3rd race: Alfa Romeo 155 2,5 V6 TI '93 (584 PP): very easy win by 1 minute, only had the fight the Audi Abt TT (which did not pit) for a little while during lap 2. Viper came second (29.06.XX), Nissan GT-R TC (29.16.XX), Audi Abt TT ( ?? far behind).

So, out of three races, only race 1 was a real race.
In race 3, AI drove their slowest laptimes since 1.07 (at least in the races I did), but still they are almost half a minute faster than the ones that figured in @alexnipi post.

Still don't see any logic in this...

Will try again with some more new cars (still working to let all my cars do the Nürburg 24', whatever the PP range...)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: 6 more races this afternoon (5/26)

4th race: Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring car (595 PP), easy win by 2'01", was in the lead in the first lap just before Ex-Mühle, never saw AI again. Nissan GT-R Touring Car did 29.24.XX, so pretty slow.

5th race: Tommykaira ZZII '00 (650 PP) easy win, more than 2' ahead, could not see the laptimes from Viper / Nissan GTR TC and Audi R8 (must have been equal as in race 4)

6th race: Mazda RX500 '70 (590 PP) very weird car, does not like RH tires. Could not do better than 7th place, about 1 minute behind the leading Nissan GTR TC (29.09.XX), McLaren (29.16.XX), Ford GT Le Mans (29.26.XX)

7th race: Mazda Furai '08 (649 PP): easy win (rolled the car at Caracciola ? No idea how that happened). McLaren came second by 41" (28.40.XX), Viper (28.49.XX), GT Citroën (29.04.XX)

8th race: Toyota GT One (TS020) '99 (650 PP): win by more than 2 minutes, Viper came second (28.45.XX), Nissan GT-R TC (28.51.XX) Audi R8 LMS ( ???)

9th race: Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car (627 PP): win by 1'42", McLaren second (29,03.XX), Ford GT LMS (???), Audi R8 LMD (???)

Not much of a competition from the AI's today

Last edited:
I tested on 20 min of Apricot Hill on both 1.06 and 1.07.

I've beaten the Citroen GT with a 640pp BMW M3 GT2. The cars in the middle of the pack were stopping in the middle of turns. Then I updated to 1.07, with the same car, I ended up spending more time passing middle pack cars and were overtaken by the two R8 LMS three times and finished 15 seconds of the first place Citroen GT.

It might be a placebo effect but for sure I noticed some changes on AI behavior in this particular race.

Back