AI Difficulty Level?

Spread Ramping is a diversity option isn't it? For example if you pick 90% difficulty in a 30 car field, the top 5 are running at 90%, the next 5 are at 89% (Randomly pulling a number there), the next 5 are 88%... so on and so on.

Allows you to make way through the field until you settle into a comparable speed, then it becomes about opportunities and positioning. Same for the A.I itself, in the case of spins/offs.

(Just making an assumption here based on things I've heard and the way that build note was worded)

True. Worth saying though that he is very fast, his fastest laptimes would be Top 3 at the current FRookie @ Donington National leaderboard. But I ll post it in the WMD AI thread.

And there are serveral options for the AI besides difficulty itself such as Qualifying speed, race speed, agressivness and so one.

I gathered that. But it's a shame not to be able to choose whether the AI will be more aggressive in their maneuvers or not, regardless of how fast they are.
yeah, when i first saw all those sliders last year i couldn't believe it. sounded so great. but i'll go with whatever the devs think is best i suppose

yeah, when i first saw all those sliders last year i couldn't believe it. sounded so great. but i'll go with whatever the devs think is best i suppose
I'm sure there is a reason for it. Would be good to know what that reason was mind you... because it's clearly better to give the player more options.

My guess is that those didn't work properly. The AI got reworked a few times over the last year or two. So one of those took out the sliders. I think they thought lets get something decent but maybe a bit simpler out that works than a system that is very complex but may not work as well.

My guess is that those didn't work properly. The AI got reworked a few times over the last year or two. So one of those took out the sliders. I think they thought lets get something decent but maybe a bit simpler out that works than a system that is very complex but may not work as well.
Yeah makes sense. As long as the AI aren't overly aggressive for no reason at the 90%+ range, I think most of us will be happy. Last thing you want is AI punting you around... we have more than enough to deal with online in that regard.

How is the AI playing out currently; will career races be a "follow the leader" type of experience like in GT6 or would it be more like the F1 games where you see them jostling for position with both you and each other?

How is the AI playing out currently; will career races be a "follow the leader" type of experience like in GT6 or would it be more like the F1 games where you see them jostling for position with both you and each other?

I think the easiest way to answer your question is to read this thread

I think the easiest way to answer your question is to read this thread
I didn't see the specifics mentioned in writing other than general pace. Guess I'll check out the videos later.

I did play the PS4 version a few months ago, but as the AI was locked to the lowest level I couldn't get a good impression of it.

There is a lot of things to see in the Video Thread. In short, AI is competitive, attacks you and eachother, high AI level requires you to know how to drive fast.

Some quotes that will bring you further:

Well, if Im watching the video I made few days ago, I cant say I only hear 1 car... eventually, the ambient sounds were pretty amazing when I was driving :) ...its only very obvious in replays.

And another one from Yorkie065, showing the latest AI at 93% difficulty

Good video to see the work being put into the AI being shown off.

Back on topic: Yorkie presents a new AI Race around Brands Hatch

Many thanks.

One thing I've noticed in other games is that when you race with no assists the AI may still have them on.

Is there some way to check that or enforce the AI to use the same assists as you, or to disable the AI's TCS/ABS options etc.?

One of the things I didn't like about career racing in other games was that the AI would always race with assists on, which meant they were playing to a different set of rules to me if I decided to switch them off.

My two cents on this: You have to be faster to win a race. If you can do it without aids or not is soely a function of your skills. It really doesn't matter if and what aids the AI are using. If they are too fast for you, tune them down or practice more.

WMD members are welcome to correct me, but I think I've heard/read somewhere that the AI uses a bit more simplified physics by default to keep them competitive.

Yes they do use simplified physics, because we usually don't have 56 cpus in a computer to compute a full 600Hz physics and tire simulation for 56 AI cars. Thats the same for every sim out there.

So how is tyre wear, fuel usage and mechanical failures handled for the A.I? Different set of physics for them must upset the balance of wear.

Are they all going to come in on the same lap in a long train during 100% races, go out again and all come in again on the same lap some time later?

hey guys...first post ever! something to consider is that York's video racing with a Clio was build 945 when the AI was refined significantly. The other video with the F car is an old build (940).

Latest Posts

Back