AI Difficulty Level?

Talking about AI stewarding... is there such a system in place? I know that's something that could be rather difficult to implement.

Great vid btw, thanks for sharing.

So , we need one/two laps to heatup our race tires what seems to be normal .
Will this be the same for the AI ?

greets

That build in the video is 934 so bare in mind the new ai build was 940 onwards and you have to see videos after that build where the ai has dramatically improved so you don't have the barging but still have the overtaking etc

I've been watching tons of videos over the last few months and the AI seem to play very loose with the track limits, they seem to take very wide lines exiting corners and I've seen them dive bomb up the inside of people cutting corners.
Is this something you guys playing it have experienced?

I saw a video with ai missing a tire and he was still trying to compete? Is there any plan for some of these totaled cars to either stop or pull off to the side, because obviously they won't be competitive anymore

And with the Ai how come their aggression means that they can smash you off the grid? I was watching this video and this AI was so aggressive and knock this player by the side and he just flip and smash. Why are they allowed to do that? If you dont move and they are just purposely coming side ways to push you away should they not push it further and crash into you?

What do I mean?
The player was driving normally and was about to over take this AI on the right side of the road. It was the final lap also so while he was going to over take this AI on this straight road. The Ai unprofessionally just did a hard left to move him off the road. The player did not move to the left so the AI just made contact and that cause him to do a flip and he was swearing his head off! The AI did not flip and went ahead!

its very unprofessional of them to do that. AI who purposely make contact with you are not allowed to play with you?
They can be filter out so when you play with other players and AI only human and AI players who play within the rules are allowed to join and be challenge? And players who like to smash other cars they will be the ones that will exp AI who dont obey the rule? Could you pass this on to the team if its a needed feature?

AI exist in real time
Should they exist on the servers? So they have individual names and they compete when ever the same player comes online? So they go up in rank in real time? You can watch them if you want like real players.
And they need to obey all the rules too so there is always competition. And that they can learn and get better like new players. And go up the rank processs. So if no player wants to challenge your score then an AI might if he see that your stats are good enough.

The AI doesn't crash into you on purpose. It could be that it's awareness is not good in this particular car or on this track. The AI will never be perfect but it will be improved post release.

I don't like that the AI is always expected to drive "perfect". That takes away the "human-like" feeling. Just think of Maldonado..he also doesn't be aware where his opponents are and crashes into them. Of course it is frustration if your race is over because of things like this, but so is real life.

And with the Ai how come their aggression means that they can smash you off the grid? I was watching this video and this AI was so aggressive and knock this player by the side and he just flip and smash. Why are they allowed to do that? If you dont move and they are just purposely coming side ways to push you away should they not push it further and crash into you?

If you have concerned based on what you've seen in a video, please feel free to post the video here for others to see exactly what you mean. I've seen videos with people having a bad experience with the AI, blaming them for mistakes and claiming that they are of a poor quality, when in actual fact, it was the player that was driving poorly and causing incidents, whilst expecting the AI to behave in a manner that would not actually be realistic at all.

In short, when racing against the AI, you should treat them like they are another human player.

Last edited:
I don't like that the AI is always expected to drive "perfect".

Well then my idea is perfect! Have AI that exist on your comp or online. So they compete like humans and make mistakes. :) Would that be better then? :) But is the current Ai setup meant to make it perfect at 100%?

Here is the video!

BEWARE FOUL LANGUAGE! HE SAYS OLD BUILD

Hes very unhappy that the Ai keep knocking him out.

But it this one that is just spectacular!
BEWARE FOUL LANGUAGE TOO!
watch at 9.11 and see the AI knock him out!

With the 1st video the AI cars dont seem to give away. Or is that the player is blocking the view so its why he is getting smashed? Could the AI not slow down and come to a halt if the player is blocking the way?

So with the 2nd video who is at fault? Should the AI have done that? As said if it was a Pro player he would not have made contact.

With the 1st video the AI cars dont seem to give away. Or is that the player is blocking the view so its why he is getting smashed? Could the AI not slow down and come to a halt if the player is blocking the way?

It's not optimal from both sides. Yes, the AI can struggle at the start with a full grid in rain. But if you rejoin the track without even trying to pay attention to what's up behind you, you shouldn't complain to be rammed from behind. IF you're off track and there are faster cars approaching you simply shouldn't rejoin the track.

So with the 2nd video who is at fault? Should the AI have done that? As said if it was a Pro player he would not have made contact.

The AI is in front before corner entry. It could have left more space on the outside yes. But the player's at fault here IMO.

Is that even a recent build? There's nothing in his description and the only time I've seen ai be that bad was before the big ai patch months ago.

this is what i'm worried about. the AI was on 100% and he was at least a good second faster than the fastest AI. not sure how great of a driver he is, ( hopefully very very good ) but the career is going to be boring if i can win every race starting in last with the only possible recourse being to shorten the race which i wouldn't want to run less than 30 min.
He is very very very good.

I want this to be difficult. And I really mean that.

I want to have to struggle to make it into the top ten. Rather than having positions handed to me - like in gran turismo
I watched a Twitch feed yesterday for about 2 hours. AI at 95% in the Formula Rookie. The driver was far above average compared to what I'm familiar with in GT. In 3 separate races I don't think he finished higher than 7th or 8th. He switched to a mixed grid and the Group 5 BMW, ran 3 laps to qualify and was in last place although he did struggle with the car. He says he's on every day now...

http://www.twitch.tv/eliximus

I haven't been to many Twitch broadcasts, but I highly recommend this one. No swearing or trolling is allowed, he has his gf on the mic who is extremely nice and she moderates the chat and reads it out to the driver. Very helpful and knowledgable

I watched a Twitch feed yesterday for about 2 hours. AI at 95% in the Formula Rookie. The driver was far above average compared to what I'm familiar with in GT. In 3 separate races I don't think he finished higher than 7th or 8th. He switched to a mixed grid and the Group 5 BMW, ran 3 laps to qualify and was in last place although he did struggle with the car. He says he's on every day now...

http://www.twitch.tv/eliximus

I haven't been to many Twitch broadcasts, but I highly recommend this one. No swearing or trolling is allowed, he has his gf on the mic who is extremely nice and she moderates the chat and reads it out to the driver. Very helpful and knowledgable
good find. I'll check it out later. however I've mostly stopped watching YouTube vids this close to release so do I really want to start watching actual streams?

(yes. the answer is yes)

I know the AI is far more complex in PCars but what % would be similar in performance to what 100% in GTR2?

100% AI at Spa Francorchamps GTR2

Using the search button I found this thread about AI.

So my question is, now that the game is out, how is AI on door to door racing?

I started at the default 80 percent and was able to gap the field by a decent amount in the Clio Cup, full length races BTW, 18 - 20 minutes in duration.

Stepped up to 90 percent (only goes in 10 step increments on the PS4) and have been having some good fights, both attacking and defending.

I have been forced off the track, but nothing worse than happens for real in this series, the AI seems to be able to stop better into tight corners, but I am faster in the quicker stuff. They also put in some stupid fast times in practice but don't seem able to repeat in qualifying.

Probably the best *racing* I have experienced from an AI field I think :)

I am running pole position lap times but it's easy to lose a place or two off the line which then results in a fight for the race duration.

Making the podium most of the time, unless a wheel nut gets stuck in the mandatory pit stop...

I find this for google:

try the ai at 90. I used to race at 100 too, but they were just too agressive on that.
yes, they aren't fast enough. but atleast you are able to race them in a normal way.

Same think for me!
Can pc palyers use 99% level? PS4 can use 90 and 100 (maybe 95?), but not 99%. Is it same paly 99 or 100%, any changes?

I mean , if can kill this AI:s 100% "crash reflex and no brakes method", 99% is only "fast cars and no crash"...
If you know what i think... :rolleyes: At what % is this AI:s change?

While driving the Zonda Cinque, I noticed that on high difficulties the AI sometimes cuts the track and bumps me to the outside while I'm covering the inside line. But I'd rather be in the middle of an aggressive pack the whole race instead of starting from last and ending in first in three laps. So I think the AI anywhere above 75 is pretty hard, 90 and up is brutal

Back