AIWJT/STC/OGR RacingOpen 

• Thread starter AllinWitJT
  • 212 comments
That's not bad . How would that perform? And how does it stack up vs a next gen console ?

Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities.

Next gen consoles are getting better. PC's will always have the edge as you can upgrade. For consoles, you have to wait 6 - 8 years for the next gen.

$400 for a console or a couple hundred more for PC? I'd suggest PC. You can save a ton of $$$ alone on games by purchasing them from Steam or Humble Bundle. There are some crazy wicked sales taking place for PC gamers. Better gaming experience on PC. Chat works, quicker load times, less lag (sometimes no lag), better graphics, community mods......etc.

Last edited:
There's no compatibility problems , the warning is for the bios in the motherboard that might not work with the new AMD CPU but said bios has since been udated.

I picked that graphics card because its 1 step above the ps4 GPU. But if you wanted to match the xb1 or ps4 the 110$ graphics cards by AMD are the same as the "next gen" in the consoles .
The term next gen is such a giant lie, my GPU can run resolutions far greater than consoles and is 2x more powerful and my CPU can run calculations that would take 4-5 ps4s to do. How is that next gen.

Last edited:
There's no compatibility problems , the warning is for the bios in the motherboard that might not work with the new AMD CPU but said bios has since been upgrade.

I picked that graphics card because its 1 step above the ps4 GPU. But if you wanted to match the xb1 or ps4 the 110$ graphics card

Why not a 650 or 660? Because of price?

Nvidia 650ti. Should be able to locate one for between $150 - $200. I've been able to play nearly everything with graphics maxed out. Still plenty of life in it. Handles iRacing really well for a single monitor setup. I cap it at 84 fps. Uncapped it gets between 120 - 130 fps.

If you plan on running triple monitors, unless you plan on running dual cards, forget the 650ti . You'll need to shell out around $400 for a higher end card.

Last edited:
Ran some sprints with the IROC boys last night. Learned a few things. PIT STOPS are BROKEN still. Your car still glitches out following someone too close going in,resulting in leap frogging in pits. And secondly and most important, your second set of tires has substantially less grip than the tires you start on. My lap times at Apricot Hill went from low 17's to high 18's after changing tires. Worked like that in the sprints as well. As soon as you leave the track and re enter all is normal again.

Leaving track resets the issue. Pitting a second time does not fix the loss of grip. At first i thought it was the rigidity going away, not the case. We had 6 or 7 of us running sprints with pit stops required, everyone complained about the lack of grip after pitting. BS

Oh yea, and when someone enters the pits the track glitches or hiccups for everyone else. Noticed this on single player in the S series races. Didn't think it would happen online too.

Race night tonight. 6PST. Daytona practice. Buy new GT Class cars to make sure you can enter. After we will join up with the IROC crew hopefully and have some more racing.

Hey guys. I'd like to run a one make race using the GT2 BMW at Mt Panorama. We'll do two 20-25 minute races. Tuning prohibited.

Question is; what night would be better a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?

Back