Alfa Romeo Reveals 532hp Giulia GTA and Track-Ready GTAm

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 2, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Nexus, andrea, VulcanSpirit and 2 others like this.
  2. theschledy

theschledy

The Giulia was already a great looking car. This looks badass. Just needs a bigger spoiler.

TomBrady, forzaturismo and ss3 like this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

Ultra cool.

TomBrady and ss3 like this.
  4. ZGBox

ZGBox

That looks fantastic, and the normal GTA is just right for a more civilized look, while still looking badass

ss3 likes this.
  5. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Man, what a comeback from Alfa Romeo. They are nailing it not only with the design, but with bringing back RWD sportscars. This car is the true successor to the 75. Too bad these are so rare, expensive and exclusive.

6. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

There's way too much going on with the GTAm.

7. JC_Dude

JC_Dude

It looks tremendous, but I just don't see the point of it. If you want a hardcore track toy, why cripple it with an additional pair of doors and suboptimal aerodynamics?

Also, Alfa should seriously focus on cars that actually sell. Last year was their worst in the past 30+ years in Europe. The Giulia and Stelvio were an amazing way to kickstart the new chapter in AR history, but where are the follow ups? Where's the new Giulietta? The CUV? The large SUV? The large sedan? The sports car? The halo supercar? All of these were supposed to be launched by now and all we got in the past 4 years or so is a couple of special editions and a facelift.

Seriously, I want Alfa to succeed more than just about anything in the car world, but they just seem to be spinning their wheels, coming up with grand 5-year plans and then not delivering. I don't want them to be gone. I wanted the Giulia and Stelvio to be the beginning of something amazing, but at the moment they seem to be the beginning and the end.

ThePotatoKing and barryf1fan like this.
  8. Nielsen

Nielsen

I usually have nothing against meaner versions of already powerful cars, but this upgrade makes an otherwise pretty design look silly in my opinion.

9. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Like the Jag Project 8, it looks tacky and will probably be worse than the standard Giulia, ultimately making it pointless.

10. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

This may be the most wicked-looking Alfa Romeo race car since the awesome 155 TI V6 of the mid-1990s. Sure the 155 V6 TI was an absolute beast in its DTM days, but this modern Alfa Romeo seems to retain its beautiful elegance while being a good bit mean. An expression I like to use in describing this beautiful car would be "a rose with thorns." I mean, I dig it a whole lot.

HuskyGT likes this.
  11. stupidstormy36

stupidstormy36 Premium

The Quadrifoglio as already a great looking car. This one looks better in my opinion. It looks more aggressive and has that wider stance I like. The spoiler is okay, but it does suit the design.

TomBrady and theschledy like this.
  12. andrea

andrea

[​IMG]

nostradavor2 likes this.
  13. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

Looks tacky but I like it. Too bad this car is known to be a pos.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  14. ss3

ss3

My dream car just got even better. Kinda disappointing that the 0-60 isn’t 3.5 or below

15. Famine

Famine Administrator

Alfa Romeo gives the 0-62mph time of 3.6s (compared to 3.9s for the QF). By general industry rule of thumb, that's 3.4s (compared to 3.7s), but it's more likely bang on 3.5s as I don't think there's a gear change in there.

TomBrady likes this.
  16. Heldenzeit

Heldenzeit

They steal the wing from Subaru?

17. Stoop Solo

Stoop Solo

I know, right? Bring back two-door coupes! (says the guy who drives an RX-8)

18. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

It looks pretty nice inside and out, but I prefer the exterior of the regular QF. This one's a little too bonkers, though I'm sure it can get to the shop quicker.

19. Gunma36

Gunma36

We've never seen the Giulia in GtSport (and probably we won't see it). Hopefully we could play with this thing in GT7 (as a dlc, not from day 1, eh)

theschledy likes this.
  20. mef

mef

Did I see the production numbers correctly, 500 for both?

Clearly they are interested in speculators buying their cars now, not getting as many of their cars into the hands of enthusiasts as possible.

Shame

21. WJHMH

WJHMH Premium

It reminds me of a Mitsubishi Evo.

LeGeNd-1 likes this.
  22. Vinylshark

Vinylshark

I'd probably change the front bumper, but otherwise a great looking car.

23. Overload_35

Overload_35

Personally I don't like the new front bumpers of both versions and the rear wing of the GTAm cause they seem one of those customizations present in Need For Speed Payback / Heat. They could do better sincerely.

24. murfo

murfo

Did I miss something, or is there a good reason for the QF or this not coming to GT Sport? (apart from the wind down on updates) Been praying for the QF silhouette every month for what seems like an eternity

theschledy and forzaturismo like this.
  25. oskierox

oskierox

I love my Giulia, this will be out of the price range but its freaking awesome looking haha. The exhaust placement

micmansour likes this.
  26. theschledy

theschledy

I'd love to see it in the game, but PD is all about the slow road cars:lol:.

27. LOonIE

LOonIE

I am in love.

28. TexRex

TexRex Premium

How'd I manage to click on the Gran Turismo subforum when I was aiming for Auto News?

Nexus, ImaRobot, YoshiMaster2 and 2 others like this.
  29. It is a shame. As for the 500 for both, that's a pretty good strategy, they could potentially sell 1000 if the demand is there. 500 of each.
    Yes I got that from a few angles.

30. micmansour

micmansour

Would love to see PD's rendition of the Giulia QV (speaking as a real life owner of a QV). The versions in TheCrew2 and Assetto Corsa are the 6-speed manuals which heavily dilutes performance compared to the ZF 8-speed.
    On the GTAm, what a wicked front bumper, and love the Alcantara dash. The rest of the car just doesn't do it for me, the regular QV is a thing of beauty (I have people taking photos as I drive past!), this thing isn't. Here's to hoping they beat the Jag's Nurburgring time though!