Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,201 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, it was a bad one, no race record for me though, cause I quit.

Following your stopwatch tests on the other thread, very interesting.

I remember that Capp Cup race... I remember not having any brakes going to the second corner (first tight left-hander), and the lag was the worst I've ever seen... I was using a DS3 and didn't seem to have near as much trouble as some others... Wasn't that also right around the time that 2.0 and the first DLC came out, so the servers were already overloaded to begin with?

Yes there was something going one like an update/DLC, which probably caused that extreme case, but who's to say this isn't happening on a smaller scale during "regular" network load, just a few seconds here and there may add up.
 
...If I recall correctly, in that Capp Cup race I mentioned above, LancerEvo was one of the people who flew right past everyone and he was using a DS3...

The first start, I started 7th and was leading by turn 2, with an 8 second lead at the end of the first lap, and the second time I started 8th and led by turn 3. Now that you brought it up, that makes perfect sense.

There was also a couple of times during one of those races where I hit the brakes where I normally did and would end up flying up the back end of whoever was in front of me... please don't quote that.
 
LancerEvo7
I like flying up the back end of whoever was in front of me...

:nervous: lol
 
FINALLY signed up! Looking forward to it, but I won't be able to make all the races.
 
I'm gonna run a few laps in the lounge if anyone wants to join.
 
Oh yeah, it was a bad one, no race record for me though, cause I quit.

Reading through this, I am pretty sure this happened to dsg and I at Grand Valley Reverse in FMSC. Agree dsg?? We both were getting passed like we were standing still.
 
Agree dsg?? We both were getting passed like we were standing still.
I'd guess so. With 3 second/lap handicap I'd expect to be passed by most, except by those dealing with the same issue.
 
I'm hoping in the ORCA_Champ lounge now if anybody's up for a bit of practice.
 
Oh yeah, it was a bad one, no race record for me though, cause I quit.

I remember that Capp Cup race... I remember not having any brakes going to the second corner (first tight left-hander), and the lag was the worst I've ever seen... I was using a DS3 and didn't seem to have near as much trouble as some others... Wasn't that also right around the time that 2.0 and the first DLC came out, so the servers were already overloaded to begin with?

Below is a link to the posts where we discussed the issue we had at Grand Valley in the Capp Cup race...take a look. When we got below a certain number of players lap times improved drastically, mid race even. While some were always running their best times the entire race.

I wonder if anyone still has the replay from this race? Maybe we could put a stop watch on it then.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6062854#post6062854
 
I have a replay, but I think it is from the wrong night. I have the Friday night race, but not the Tuesday.
 
I would like to run a 50-100 lap race on GP/F with the Alfa. :)

It any track really. I really really like this car.
 
I would like to run a 50-100 lap race on GP/F with the Alfa. :)

It any track really. I really really like this car.

You should sign up for the special event on the 28th using this car. WRS vs ORCA. Team ORCA could use a few more entries.
 
i would also like to state how much i like this car. i was very interested to see how it would react in the draft, and i must say that it is very stable and if today was any indication of whats to come this will be a fun series. it was also nice to get to run bumper to bumper and door to door with you guys. i am very happy with the victories i collected also...lol
 
i would also like to state how much i like this car. i was very interested to see how it would react in the draft, and i must say that it is very stable and if today was any indication of whats to come this will be a fun series. it was also nice to get to run bumper to bumper and door to door with you guys. i am very happy with the victories i collected also...lol

Oh crap!! This starts tomorrow and I haven't turned a lap yet in this car! I'm gonna finish 10 laps down!
 
Can I still sign up for this? I just got the car and loved it.
 
Click "click here to register" picture in post #1
Thanks
I just did, now do I add "ORCA_Champ" to my friends list?
 
OK, Thanks, last thing, what is an "OK/avg" lap time for Daytona.
I'm doing 02:07.3-4 laps now.
I'm almost sure I can get a 2.6
 
carracerptp
OK, Thanks, last thing, what is an "OK/avg" lap time for Daytona.
I'm doing 02:07.3-4 laps now.
I'm almost sure I can get a 2.6

2:05's will put you near the front, leaders will be a little faster... The draft will help you out a lot during race.
 
2.5........ OK Thanks
 
2:05's will put you near the front, leaders will be a little faster... The draft will help you out a lot during race.

I was in the lounge for a little while this morning. My best lap was 2:05.5xx, but I definitely felt like I could've broken into the 2:04's if I put it all together in one lap. Someone came in and put up a 2:03.9xx, not sure who it was though.
 
I was in the lounge for a little while this morning. My best lap was 2:05.5xx, but I definitely felt like I could've broken into the 2:04's if I put it all together in one lap. Someone came in and put up a 2:03.9xx, not sure who it was though.

That was me.
 
Sir, have you given this your consideration?

I had looked at that. The reason I've not signed up is because I will not know whether or not I'll be working that Saturday until the week of. If I can solidify the time off I'd love to run it. How long is the race expected to be?
 
That was me.

Wow... that must have been I great lap
I'm still working on a 6? I hope I'm just off the line.... What are you guys running for sector 1 times?
 
I had looked at that. The reason I've not signed up is because I will not know whether or not I'll be working that Saturday until the week of. If I can solidify the time off I'd love to run it. How long is the race expected to be?
No details as of yet, Brandon might know smth though ...
I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to run it either, that's why there's a column for the probability of participation.
 
Wow... that must have been I great lap
I'm still working on a 6? I hope I'm just off the line.... What are you guys running for sector 1 times?

I'm not sure; I never looked at the sectors much, to be honest. I will jump in the room for a couple of laps if anyone wants to join.

Edit: In the room for maybe 20 minutes. - Done for the evening.
 
Last edited:
I was in the lounge for a little while this morning. My best lap was 2:05.5xx, but I definitely felt like I could've broken into the 2:04's if I put it all together in one lap. Someone came in and put up a 2:03.9xx, not sure who it was though.

So it looks like Ill be taking up space in the back of the pack, everyone is welcome to hang out back there with me. BF3 showed up for x mas and has been taking up my time. I also was wondering if I can change my primary night during the season? I have tues as my primary but I will have to change it to sat.
 
I had looked at that. The reason I've not signed up is because I will not know whether or not I'll be working that Saturday until the week of. If I can solidify the time off I'd love to run it. How long is the race expected to be?

The special event on Saturday the 28th will most likely feature a bracket type event with two rounds. About 40 minutes per race with a break in the middle so probably 90 minutes total.

We picked the time to be a little earlier than the normal ORCA timeslot because the event will last a bit longer than a normal ORCA event. We could move it back an hour if that opened it up to more people.

Like Dan said, you can sign up in the thread and put 50% in the table and then put any comments like you could make it more likely later, earlier, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back