Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,201 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also create a thread like GTRA does for it's individual event qualis for this for each event and throw out the thread when the event is done. that one thread is for sign ups for an individual event and gets dropped after the week and doesn't mess up the main thread. with my mod powers I can move all these to a dedicate ORCA DRC Sign Ups thread if you want. We can just link to it from one of the first posts. The google docs thing is nice but it's more overhead for admins and this is more self service.
 
Could also create a thread like GTRA does for it's individual event qualis for this for each event and throw out the thread when the event is done. that one thread is for sign ups for an individual event and gets dropped after the week and doesn't mess up the main thread. with my mod powers I can move all these to a dedicate ORCA DRC Sign Ups thread if you want. We can just link to it from one of the first posts. The google docs thing is nice but it's more overhead for admins and this is more self service.

ask and you shall receive 💡 👍
 
ask and you shall receive 💡 👍

I'll wait for Brandon's approval before using my special powers to move the above posts to a new thread. We can do that just this week until the google doc is ready or just skip the google doc think if it works well enough and doesn't clog up this thread.
 
Could also create a thread like GTRA does for it's individual event qualis for this for each event and throw out the thread when the event is done. that one thread is for sign ups for an individual event and gets dropped after the week and doesn't mess up the main thread. with my mod powers I can move all these to a dedicate ORCA DRC Sign Ups thread if you want. We can just link to it from one of the first posts. The google docs thing is nice but it's more overhead for admins and this is more self service.


Could we have a thread for the whole week/round that people could chime into with their availability for that week? I had thought about this but was afraid it would draw the ire of the mods for cluttering up the forum with too many posts regarding one group.

So there could be a thread for "ORCA Round 1: Daytona Road Course Sign-Ups", in the second post we could have a "quoteable post" people could use to add their info, it would show all four races and they could list their availability for each race in one place.

Am I understanding properly?
 
Could we have a thread for the whole week/round that people could chime into with their availability for that week? I had thought about this but was afraid it would draw the ire of the mods for cluttering up the forum with too many posts regarding one group.

So there could be a thread for "ORCA Round 1: Daytona Road Course Sign-Ups", in the second post we could have a "quoteable post" people could use to add their info, it would show all four races and they could list their availability for each race in one place.

Am I understanding properly?

Exactly. GTRA does it for qualifying and I don't think it's a problem as long as it's only a couple posts active at a time. At any one point the series will only have two active threads. The main one and a current event sign up sheet. Once the event is done close the event specific one and create another and the old one should drop off the front page and won't clutter much.

The forum is better for all when it's better organized so if this keeps things organized and is kept under control it's a good thing for all involved (IMO). If I'm wrong we'll hear about it and I'll take the heat. :sly:

Do you want me to start the new thread and move them?
 
Last edited:
^ Sounds like a plan, feel free to do whatever you need. Hopefully you can pull some graphics from the OP's of this thread to toss in there? At least the ORCA logo and Alfa banner and perhaps the "next event" graphic?
 
So when the room/lobby opens will it be announced here?
 
^ Yep. RDAardvark will make an announcement when the early room opens and I'll make a similar one when the late room opens. 👍
 
^ Sounds like a plan, feel free to do whatever you need. Hopefully you can pull some graphics from the OP's of this thread to toss in there? At least the ORCA logo and Alfa banner and perhaps the "next event" graphic?

Here you go: ORCA Alfa Z-Cup - Round 1 DRC - Sign Up Sheets

Brandon, you own the OP so you can do what you want with it -- add graphics, change the title, etc. I moved all the replies to the sign up sheet above to the new thread. Let me know if I missed any.
 
^ Wow, you're elves have even better magical powers than RDAardvark's!


Thanks Tim. 👍
 
Roll up. Roll up. The ORCA_Champ lounge is now open for your entertainment.

Qualifying starts in 1 hour at 9pm GMT.
 
^ Wow, your elves have even better magical powers than RDAardvark's!


Thanks Tim. 👍

That's voodoo. Not elf magic!
:bowdown:
 
Awesome job!!! You guys are quite impressive! 👍
I'm going to register but I can only race on Saturdays. If I could I would try every race! :)
 
Great racing all.
Lucky....... How can I put it nicely......... Man you can steel a win, top notch, WD.
Sorry Marcus I hit you 2 times, it truly was accidental.
On race 2 everything went wrong in the race.
I plowed Geez when I got in a stupid spot I should never have been in the first place.
I had my transmission got that glitch so it won't down shift right, and drops gears mid corner.
 
Sorry guys but I disconnected at the start and couldn't get back in, also, after a couple of tries, the display said that there was 13/14 in the room, yet when I tried to join, it told me it was full.:confused: Ah well, I'll try race with you guys some other time, I don't think I can do a full season.:(
 
Tested the G27 and controller in race situations since we were talking about that glitch, results follow:

DS3 - Qualifying: 2:06.4
DS3 - Race: 2:06.9
G27 - Qualifying: 2:07.3
G27 - Race: 2:09.0
 
Would have made it but too tired, i'll watch this thread with interest with view to making the odd appearence.
 
Results have been updated and can be viewed on the first page of this thread.
Congrats to lucky on the double win.
 
Tested the G27 and controller in race situations since we were talking about that glitch, results follow:

DS3 - Qualifying: 2:06.4
DS3 - Race: 2:06.9
G27 - Qualifying: 2:07.3
G27 - Race: 2:09.0

Do you have the transmission glitch?
 
well that was fun, i can only hope to pick-up a pole somehow tonight so i can receive max points. i know you guys probably don't want to hear this but wow what a second race came from the back after winning race #1 and drove through the field for the victory in the second race, wow i this car drives like few others great choice of car to any and all that chose it. thanks
 
^^Not sure what that is, my testing is in response to these two posts:

MGR
Updated OP 4th Jan

Gran Turismo 5 suffers from a serious online bug which results in abnormally long lap times for those affected.

The bug manifests itself by way of the competitor’s vehicle having reduced grip, poor acceleration and poor braking. It is usually associated with a noticeable drop in frame rate or stuttering. I terms of measuring the impact for those affected by this bug race lap times can increase around 3 – 5 seconds per lap (and in some cases by much more).

The exact cause of the bug is unknown. However there are several factors which can increase the risk of the bug rearing its ugly head;
-
Room Size
There’s no magic number but rooms of 12+ competitors seem to be a common factor.

Premium Cars
All premium (highly detailed) cars also seem to greatly increase the risk of the bug.

Race Only
Free run mode seems unaffected. Those suffering the bug will not be able to get close to matching their qualifying (free-run) times in the race.

Use of a FFB wheel
There seems to be a strong correlation between using a FFB wheel and suffering from the bug. I can personally confirm this to be the case as well as GTP members;
jon- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6433289#post6433289
Speedy6543 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6435703#post6435703

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=237539

Some troubling reading that we should perhaps be keeping a close on, I saw DSG in the thread, but I don't know if any others have seen it.
 
Great racing to all those that made it out for the 21:00 GMT race, I had a blast! Can't really complain about a 4th and 3rd considering I let myself down in both races... Congrats Lucky, it was great running with you in the second race!
 
I think RDAardvark asked for a pic of the results of the 2nd race today as he was frozen on track. Here it is.

orca_round1_race1_slot1.jpg


Great racing today. Fun stuff. I've got to eliminate all the mistakes for Friday's race. I was locked in a tight 4 way battle with Sagarismic, carracerptp and MR_T3Z for what seemed like an endless amount of laps... good close racing guys.
 
Last edited:
I'm hoping we can start the race on time tonight, I have another race at 9...Gonna be tight! Looking forward to the race! Gotta get some laps in...
 
Jav
I'm hoping we can start the race on time tonight, I have another race at 9...Gonna be tight! Looking forward to the race! Gotta get some laps in...

You'll get qualifying and the first race in for sure. Second race I doubt it based on the earlier race today, and RDAardvark kept things moving nicely.
 
We'll see... Looking forward to some good racing!
 
Did you guys run with penalties on for practice/qualifying? If so, did it effect lap times at all?


Seems there was a bit of lag issue with the races today when there were more than 12 people in the room. We will try it with 14 tonight but if there's any serious lag at the start of the race (if we have more than 12) then I will stop the race and we'll have to ask 2 people that already raced tonight to sit this one out so we can get down to 12. I will record the qualifying results and we'll do a manual line up, try to remember where you started so we can make it as smooth as possible. And remember, if we do a manual line up you musn't pass any car at any time on track when lining up. I will give clear instructions if we need to do this. 👍
 
Yes, penalties were on and were turned off after qualifying. Changing the setting kicked us all out into the lobby, but the times were preserved and the starting order was correct.

Here's a pic of a stroll through the bus stop during our four way battle for third -- two deep and two wide at 80+ mph. 👍

bMYcNmckaiaehnczZH_0-1.jpg
 
There was a ton of lag. One car was stuck at the start, and I had lag issues for the few laps of the race I was there. I suspect that is the cause of the bent sheetmetal early on, and after waiting for the lag to subside for a few laps I bailed in case it was me causing it, not wanting me lagging to ruin anyone else's race.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back