Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
WRP001
Hello. I signed up and put down Friday as my primary slot.

I'm probably going to be more of a "part timer" given my RL schedule for January, but should be able to make at least one of the four time slots most weeks. Given my "part time" status I'll certainly stand down if any lounge is full and I have no problem with the "regular" drivers having priority.

I've raced with a few of you including dsgerbc and sagarismic in other series. Hopefully my reputation as a fairly clean and courteous driver proceeds me. :sly:

Unfortunately I'm travelling and away from my PS3 for the rest of December so I can't send a friend request immediately, but will get to that as soon as I get back and before the first race (Jan 3rd). I'll specify my color choices as soon as I get access to my PS3 again.

:cheers:

PS> Those 6 tracks are all awesome choices and looking forward to driving this car (for the first time).

Guys, we have a GTP Official onboard with us know so I'm going to have to ask you to behave yourselves this season. Pull your pants up, take the pencils out of your ears and put the whoopie cushions away.

Ok, you can keep the whoopie cousins out, those are always fun! :lol:

Jahgee1124
I signed up to get a 65 Ticket, when will I get it?

I think my trade limit should be cleared by now, I'll try to get you one tonight.

Guys, we have a GTP Official onboard with us now so I'm going to have to ask you to behave yourselves this season. Pull your pants up, take the pencils out of your ears and put the whoopie cushions away.

Ok, you can keep the whoopie cushions out, those are always fun! :lol:

:lol: Definitely keep the whoopie cushions. :sly:

I'm actually trying to recruit another one of the newly minted GTP OLR moderators to join as well... from what I know of him, he probably has a whoopie cushion in his back pocket right now.

In that case, I better do the GTP qualifier so I'm official when I start using it again :D

I just signed up, but I still need to figure out my colors. I will try to make all the Friday races, but since work starts to get busy in Jan/Feb, I doubt I will be able to make any others.

Nice to see you sign up Diabolical. I plan on running in the EST surprise night tonight. Looking forward to lots of drafting and passing at Indy.

Some very close racing in the 25 lapper tonight. Good fun too.

And yes, the dirty 10 lap race got dirty!

RDAardvark
And yes, the dirty 10 lap race got dirty!

^ Understatement of the year! Only one car was going the proper direction at the end of the race........and I got the victory!!! :lol:

I asked for a G27 for Christmas. Hopefully I'll be joining the wheel crowd for this series. If I'm dreadfully slow I'll stick to DS3 though.

LancerEvo7
I asked for a G27 for Christmas. Hopefully I'll be joining the wheel crowd for this series. If I'm dreadfully slow I'll stick to DS3 though.

There will be a learning curve and at first you will be slower. It won't take too long to get up to speed though and you will enjoy the game like you never have before. Just don't get frustrated when at first it all feels a bit foreign. 👍

Hey Brand/Vark, what were they tyre restrictions? none or Racing Hard?

Lounge is open btw :)

EDIT: Nevermind, still open though

LancerEvo7
Oh... my God. Why must you bring Pacers into this thread?

My dad had one.

Surely your dad would be upset if he knew you shared that horrible secret about him. ;)

Nah, he actually liked it.

His brother originally had it, he went to trade it in, and the car dealer told him to keep it, so my dad got a free Pacer.

LancerEvo7
Nah, he actually liked it.

His brother originally had it, he went to trade it in, and the car dealer told him to keep it, so my dad got a free Pacer.

Hahaha nice! Sister in law had one at one point when I was a kid. She called it the Bubble. I do believe it had faux wood panels.

Well, if I learned anything tonight it's that this group can't be trusted around orange cones. I'm expecting a pretty hefty damage bill from the boys at Dunsfold.

:lol:

TrackBound7
Not all Pacers are complete crap.

Well, the ones that play at Conseco Fieldhouse are. :dunce:

A little bit of announcement, we will most likely being have a break in the middle of the season much like when we had our "all-star" event. It's going to be either the week of January 16-22 or January 23-29, TBD depending on what works for the most people. The details are still in the early stage of being sorted but WRP001 and his team, along with myself, are working on something exciting that I think you guys will really enjoy. The only thing we really know for sure right now is that it's going to feature the Alfa TZ2 and there will be a WRS event using the Alfa that will lead up to our event.

So stay tuned for more details but we wanted to let you guys know now so we could start figuring out which week will work the best for the most people. Let me know if anybody has a preference of one week over the other. The week of the 23rd-29th is right in the middle of our season so that would make for a nice break but either option will work fine I think.

I decided to go with Paradise Green Metallic with Arctic White Enkei wheels. How do I get those updated on the front page, do I just sign up again? Also, it shows me having Tuesday (EURO) as my primary time slot, but that should be Friday.

I decided to go with Paradise Green Metallic with Arctic White Enkei wheels. How do I get those updated on the front page, do I just sign up again? Also, it shows me having Tuesday (EURO) as my primary time slot, but that should be Friday.

It's easiest to sign up again - I'll delete your original registration once the new one is on there.

^ I've decided to change my GTP name to match my PSN ID, hopefully to eliminate any confusion of "who's Brandon". Plus, after running with guys like dsgerbc, Wiifreak and Wardez it's become quite obvious that The Stig would not consider me one of his hero's. :lol:

well guys i am of very modest driving skills so i will try to stay out of the way!...lol
i see some big :gtplanet: names racing Tuesday nights so thats the night for me. everything looks great and i look forward to some competitive racing. GOOD LUCK GUYS :cheers:

A big welcome to all our new members. You'll find we have drivers of all skill levels here and everyone is treated equally. We're all here to enjoy some clean, structured racing with other like-minded drivers and not necessarily to prove who's the fastest. We are privileged to have some of GTP's fastest drivers racing with us and they all are very helpful and considerate to everyone here. I think most of them would be more than happy to help others go faster......so they have someone to run with up front. :)

So welcome to all and we look forward to meeting you on track in the very near future.

:cheers:

well guys i am of very modest driving skills so i will try to stay out of the way!...lol
i see some big :gtplanet: names racing Tuesday nights so thats the night for me. everything looks great and i look forward to some competitive racing. GOOD LUCK GUYS :cheers:

Yah, that Tuesday NA slot is looking pretty sweet. Just a bit too early for me to commit from West Coast, but if there are open slots I'd fill in whenever I can make it.

I think whoever had the idea above to have daily signup sheets for the races had a good idea. Of course those who sign up for a slot as primary would have priority and others would go in order on reserve list for that time slot. Would be easy to create and manage and just have people reply to the post, remove quotes and add in their name.

The Lobby host would post the initial message 24-36 hours prior to the event and people sign themselves up / confirm their attendance. Maybe regulars for that slot could arrange ahead of time to have the host put them on every week by default or maybe make them confirm each week as a reminder and confirmation -- they will always get priority anyway.

An hour or so before the event, when practice starts, you could allow the reserves to start filling in the empty slots.

Like This.

------

Round: #1 - U.S. Grand Prix - Daytona Road
Date: January 3, 2012
Time: Tuesday @ 8:00pm EST (U.S. East Friendly)
Host: StigsHero/BrandonW77

PRIMARY:
1. StigsHero/BrandonW77

RESERVE / NON-PRIMARY:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back