Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,202 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... talk to you guys later. I have a flight to Chicago and I'll be mostly incommunicado for the rest of today... I'll be online a bit in the evenings checking the forums and keeping up with things.

I updated the quali procedures for the special event... taking no chances on a scrambled grid per Brandon's advice which I think is sound.
 
If any ORCA racers are caught pushing a WRS car. Bet your butt I'm taking you out next series event. LoL

I am totally kidding. Just making a funny.

However it does make sense to not push the opposition faster.
 
Last edited:
"Okay?!!? So... DSG is faster than you.....you confirm that you understood that message??"


:lol:
 
OK... talk to you guys later. I have a flight to Chicago and I'll be mostly incommunicado for the rest of today...
No onboard WiFi then for you?

So how about some communication strategy? Say use wipers on the straight while co-drafting with a teammate if you plan to pit next lap...
 
If any ORCA racers are caught pushing a WSR car. Bet your butt I'm taking you out next series event. LoL

I am totally kidding. Just making a funny.

However it does make sense to not push the opposition faster.

Yes, but one could steal the win for team ORCA in the last laps........

We need "friend or foe" training, have the team mates memorized.

No onboard WiFi then for you?

So how about some communication strategy? Say use wipers on the straight while co-drafting with a teammate if you plan to pit next lap...

My wiper blades get stuck on sometimes so that could be a problem....
We need to find the maximum speed you can hit pit road at.
 
My wiper blades get stuck on sometimes so that could be a problem....
Well, we need coordination and decision on pit strategy. I think if both go in together and the person upfront has an earlier stall, the person behind loses a couple of seconds. Anyone knows how pit stalls are distributed? Starting order or smth else? If we don't know that two teammates co-drafting better pit on different laps.

We need to find the maximum speed you can hit pit road at.
Yes, watching WRS EU race @Fuji, will note the speed and whether the game gives any penalty. Gonna have few more data points after WRS NA race tonight.

Also rules need to specify some penalties for people who cut across the red portion before pitting.
 
Anyone knows how pit stalls are distributed? Starting order or smth else?

I'm pretty sure pit stalls are designated by the order in which you enter the room. First person in gets the first pit stall, but not 100% positive on this.

Also rules need to specify some penalties for people who cut across the red portion before pitting.

Castration. :)
 
Castration. :)
Ok, the driver I'm watching cut across the red, crashed into the pitlane wall and got zero penalty. So something has to be in the rules. I'd say 10 second penalty to the final time.
 
^ I'm not real sure of the area you're talking about. I'll have to check it out this evening so I can have a better idea. But I tend to agree that if it gives any advantage it needs to be discouraged and penalized.
 
Will penalties be ON for the Q session?
I hate the penalty zones on this track, would light penalties be better than the ones offline?
 
Last edited:
^ Penalties will not be on at any point during the event.

I see the area you're speaking of, I would have thought auto-pilot would take control before that point but guess not. I'd say if anybody is found to have cut the red area like that when going into the pits they should be assessed a penalty.
 
BrandonW77
^ Penalties will not be on at any point during the event.

I see the area you're speaking of, I would have thought auto-pilot would take control before that point but guess not. I'd say if anybody is found to have cut the red area like that when going into the pits they should be assessed a penalty.

(from iPhone)

I specifically instructed drivers in this race that the system was not giving pit road penalties and they could go in *any* way they want. Dan wasn't there to listen to my instructions so doesn't know what the rules were. I went into the pits as fast as I could and instructed others to do the same as long as it didn't impact another car.

I am NOT reviewing 48 pit stops on Saturday so we have two choices. Go with the same rule (anything goes) or just eliminate pits all together as they are unnecessary over 20-25 laps and not really necessary over the 35 laps we did today in the WRS race. They are also not necessary to pass here either.

Brandon you are cohost so if you don't like the unregulated pit entries lets just close pit road for the event and save ourselves the headache.

Honestly I dislike guys over running the rumbles more than pit infractions. If it happens a hand full of times in a race so be it OR if it happens on turn one under draft costing the driver time that's not an issue. But if they overrun the rumbles 25% of the laps or more it's really cheating as much as cutting corners. Again I'm not reviewing the replay for 4 hours in a game, but if someone complains it will be investigated on a case by case basis.

If we do keep pits I would suggest not risking pitting with a teammate on the same lap as you could slow each others release. Just stagger them one lap and you should end up back together.

Ps. The race was amazingly fun. Every driver wanted more after 35 laps.
 
^I'd say kill the pits completely then.
 
dsgerbc
^I'd say kill the pits completely then.

Brandon I'm good with that. I like pits in a long race to induce strategy but with the shorter races and a mandatory pit there really isn't much strategy. Let's just close pit road.
 
I agree more with Tim, my opinion is that if you can't easily police it you have to allow it. That's why the Capp's were tuned to the max, at the time we couldn't police anything less. Let's do it however you did the other race.

EDIT: Tree'd. I was in favor of pitstops but I'm fine with ditching them if it makes things easier
 
Last edited:
^So we now have to practice the fastest way to bounce off the walls?
:yuck:
 
dsgerbc
^So we now have to practice the fastest way to bounce off the walls?
:yuck:

I didn't practice that, but I did it well. I'm leaning toward killing pits really, but value Brandon's opinion/input.
 
^ See my edit. We'll throw the pitstops on the Cappy burn pile
 
Just to clarify and make it official, we will NOT be doing pitstops during the Fuji races on Saturday. Of course I will encourage all the Team WRS drivers to go ahead and make a pitstop but ORCA drivers should stay on the track (or close to it) for the entire race. :)
 
Just to clarify and make it official, we will NOT be doing pitstops during the Fuji races on Saturday. Of course I will encourage all the Team WRS drivers to go ahead and make a pitstop but ORCA drivers should stay on the track (or close to it) for the entire race. :)

:lol:
I also vote ORCA drivers switch to RM tires, WRSers can stay on SS.
 
Looks like the WRSers are reading our plans.... We may want to move our discussions to a more private location...
 
hehe :lol: No offense, it's all in good fun. 👍
 
carracerptp
Looks like the WRSers are reading our plans.... We may want to move our discussions to a more private location...

How can you tell? Not that it matters much, with pitstops removed there isn't a lot of strategy to be had; go fast and keep it on the tarmac. :lol:
 
there isn't a lot of strategy to be had; go fast and keep it on the tarmac. :lol:
Nice move, now onto secure discussion of the real strategy in a secret discussion place.
 
OK, just tried a quick ten lap test.
I was running laps lower than 51.3 for all the laps up to lap 6.
51.5s avg after. seems lap 8 is the first sign of tire wear for me. I would think I just over heated them so running a cool down lap would probably bring back the grip.
How many people besides WRP are running 50s? I kinda think 51.0 is my limit. Could get a lucky 50 but it would be pure luck.
 
dsgerbc
Nice move, now onto secure discussion of the real strategy in a secret discussion place.

(Don't worry, my actual strategy is to keep 2 wheels in the grass at all times. :sly: )

carracerptp
OK, just tried a quick ten lap test.
I was running laps lower than 51.3 for all the laps up to lap 6.
51.5s avg after. seems lap 8 is the first sign of tire wear for me. I would think I just over heated them so running a cool down lap would probably bring back the grip.
How many people besides WRP are running 50s? I kinda think 51.0 is my limit. Could get a lucky 50 but it would be pure luck.


Umm, I broke into the 53's the other day. Does that count for anything? :dunce:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back