Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,203 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
OwensRacing
Please turn the Mics on for tonight. Make it a lot easier to work out Strategies and what not.

Mics are on, we had them enabled on Tuesday.
 
I wish the ORCA guys the best of luck. I am all about what Brandon said about the importance of the race...having fun and running clean. At the same time, it is a race though, and this group has way too much talent not to be claiming P1 at the end of the day. Go get 'em.
 
The Champ lounge is open for Fuji practice. Only a few of us right now so come on out for some strategizing. :sly:

*closed*
 
Last edited:
Marcus sure drives fast for someone who's over 120 years old!

You are an educated man. My namesake is a rather obscure figure.

I hope you can. Would be nice if you showed us all how to get into '49s ;)

Bdub watched me run a few laps last night. I expect low 50s to be par in qualifying. Maybe a few 1'49s. After I posted here last night I ran a 2 lap session to simulate qualifying and ran a 1'50.3xx, and a 1'50.5xx. I won't make the race tonite, but I intend to run a few laps at some point in the evening.

It is official that I will not be able to make the race tomorrow. I will be working until 4:30 EST, which means the earliest I could be in front of the PS3 would be 4:45-5:00PM EST. I wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow, and above all make it an enjoyable experience. There is a lot of good advice in this thread. If I could place emphasis upon one particular mentioned, it would be running consistent laps at the best of your ability regardless of track position. It is a long race. Everyone will make mistakes. When you are racing with groups of people that are at similar pace, the race is about who makes the least mistakes. You may find yourself 8 seconds behind the position ahead at some point. That is okay. Keep your pace up because one track-out event and even that large of a gap can be closed. Even if you are in last place, you still have someone to race against; yourself. Compete against your best lap and you'll improve.
 
Do we have racers on deck to fill spots if someone doesn't any make it ?
 
Not sure, Marcus is out and don't know Diabolical's status. We might need a volunteer, just in case.
 
OwensRacing
Do we have racers on deck to fill spots if someone doesn't any make it ?

Diabolical is signed up as reserve but not sure he can make it so we really don't have the option of someone missing! If they do we drive short.
 
I think we had a slow lounge, I left and hoped in mine, got mid 50s,
.5s better than in the ORCA one, and closer to my avg.
On a side note, a fast guy hopped in the lounge and did 50.1s laps with no practice...... I'm thinking 49s will be seen alot in the race.
 
I think we had a slow lounge, I left and hoped in mine, got mid 50s,
.5s better than in the ORCA one, and closer to my avg.
On a side note, a fast guy hopped in the lounge and did 50.1s laps with no practice...... I'm thinking 49s will be seen alot in the race.

I agree with that. While I was far from in my best form, to be .7-.8 slower per lap on average than my previous best is abnormal. My best lap tonite was a 1'50.3xx, nearly half a second off of my previous best. This was on lap 3 of the last race, I believe. In the pack running decent laps was near impossible, which is why after I contacted Brandon (sorry, that was all on me, I overcooked it right into you) I backed off to see if distancing myself from the pack would make a difference. While I gained a few tenths in the clean air, I was still off pace. My best laps were in clean air when I had the opportunity to break out from the pack. Online racing is a gamble sometimes. I've learned that.

1'50.1 right out of the box is one quick fellow, indeed.
 
Just remember everyone is racing in the same lounge so just put the bug out of your mind and enjoy the racing tomorrow. I don't know anyone on team WRS that is not using a wheel so there should be no unfair advantage... supposedly DS3 users are not always impacted by the bug. Hopefully we don't see the bug. Hopefully we all have "normal" grip, but what is "normal" anyway, it's just a model in a video game.

Maybe when you see a 49 you really have too much grip. I know last fall in practice in almost any lounge including my own (by myself) for a GT500 series I would do one time and then race day in the host's lounge do a second faster in quali *every* week... that lounge had "extra" grip... didn't really matter in a relative sense because we all did better so whoever got pole earned it.
 
Fare thee well, ORCA drivers. :cheers: I may have only raced with you once so far (@ Daytona Road), but I follow this thread daily and find you guys pretty entertaining. 👍

I'll most likely be dropping to lounge B for race 2, assuming our WRS plan goes to ... plan. :lol:

Good luck! and thanks to Tim and Brandon for hatching this madness, and EDK for puttin' it on the interwebs. :gtplanet:
 
I can't wait, should be fun.
 
I'm trying to wait patiently!
PDT_wcj.gif
 
If you haven't done it already, make sure you add the 2 GTP 3D3 Lounges if they've sent you a friend request and if not, send one to those two addresses immediately. You'll find the details in the event thread. We don't want anyone scrambling around at the last minute sending FR's because they can't get into the proper lounge :dunce:

Good luck to everyone today. Let's keep it nice and clean and on the track, up to our usual ORCA race standards. Don't forget it's also a team event, so fighting for position on lap 2 with another ORCA driver instead of giving each other room and letting the fastest of the two drivers lead, doesn't make much sense. In the final couple of laps of course we'll all be going for position but it's a long race so try to be as consistent as possible.

Best of luck and see you all on track!!
 
Plans fell through for the day, so if someone from the ORCA teams doesn't show and you need a reserve to take out some WRS guys, I'm available... :sly:
 
^Very fortuitous. I've been struggling with a migraine since waking up this morning (it's 15:30 here) and it's probably best to hand my spot over to NCemtB.

Good luck all.
 
Naptown25rs
Plans fell through for the day, so if someone from the ORCA teams doesn't show and you need a reserve to take out some WRS guys, I'm available... :sly:

Send a FR to both lounges. You are welcome to join the B lounge for pre race practice on track and if anyone cancels or has a last minute issue you'll be warmed up and ready to fill in. If not you can watch from the lobby or exit stage left.

Edit: sorry about the migraines RDaardvark.

Is diabolical still on the reserve list or should I take him off?
 
Boogity boogity boogity!!!!!

Let's go racing boys!!!!
 
If anyone would like a spot, I'd be willing to switch out. If not, I'll still be at the race.
 
OwensRacing
Boogity boogity boogity!!!!!

Let's go racing boys!!!!

*SIGH*

I'm disappointed in you... :lol:
 
Naptown25rs
*SIGH*

I'm disappointed in you... :lol:

Hopefully my on track performance today will change your mind. ;)
 
*SIGH*

I'm disappointed in you... :lol:

As am I. No more of that language in my thread please. :lol:


I'd like to second everything JohnnyPenso said above. Remember that we're kind of in the spotlight today and we want to show everyone that we're gentleman racers, some of who happen to be quite fast. :sly: Hopefully we got most of our off-track excursions out of our system last night, but I understand it can be quite difficult to stay on this track at times. But lets try our best to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times and stay out of the run-off areas.

The most important thing to remember today is patience. Don't take each other out, don't force issues, wait for other people to make mistakes, and put down consistent laps so you can be there at the end. Also remember that we've got two races to score points in so don't wear yourself out in the first one.

Each race will be 20 laps and there will be NO mandatory pitstops. Qualifying will last about 15 minutes, each team will qualify as a group and each driver will get 2 flying laps. After that we will manually line up on the grid to start the race. The top 3 from each team in Lounge B will advance to Lounge A for the second race and the bottom 3 from each team in Lounge A will move back to Lounge B for the second race. The lounge will open at 1pm EST (GMT-5) and qualifying will start at 2pm.

Good luck guys, drive smart and show them what we've got! :gtpflag:
 
So.... the the names we need in our friends list are
GTP_3D3_A
GTP_3D3_B
Right? That's what I have.
 
Good luck today guys.
 
WRP001
Send a FR to both lounges. You are welcome to join the B lounge for pre race practice on track and if anyone cancels or has a last minute issue you'll be warmed up and ready to fill in. If not you can watch from the lobby or exit stage left.

FR's sent... I'll be in Lounge B when it opens.
 
^ You realize all three Hoosiers are in Lounge B? I don't know if that's good or bad. :lol:
 
FR's sent... I'll be in Lounge B when it opens.

OK, I'll go accept those now and you'll be good.

So.... the the names we need in our friends list are
GTP_3D3_A
GTP_3D3_B
Right? That's what I have.

Yes. I think everyone is on the friends list already so we should be good.

One issue: yuri is not on the friends list of the B lounge. The FR was sent some time ago and he never accepted it. It's still outstanding so it's in his court. He is on the A lounge friends list and that's where is assigned in round 1, but it's possible he'll need to be on the B list for round 2.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back