Algarve International Circuit Spotted in Project CARS 2

I like the fact that PCars tends to focus on the regional tracks within that may not be as publicized as the circuits that run every major event. Makes for a more realistic career mode as you work your way up through the ranks. Do not know much about the track, but an interesting layout indeed and an excellent test track.

I like the fact that PCars tends to focus on the regional tracks within that may not be as publicized as the circuits that run every major event. Makes for a more realistic career mode as you work your way up through the ranks. Do not know much about the track, but an interesting layout indeed and an excellent test track.
I was happier about Fuji or COTA, because they're just better for online racing.

Partnership with a game that is HW exclusive... brainfart decision that one.

Fun fact:
Did you know, the longest endurance race was held at Portimao? Maxi Endurance 32h

Not familiar with this track, but it looks like a pretty solid circuit. It's really good to see some more obscure tracks beyond the usual big ones that we always see. At this point I'm more excited over the track selection than the car selection, and that doesn't happen often.

Great track, I can't wait to try this out since I have never driven on it in any game before. And that's what I really like so much about Project CARS, they have so many tracks in the game that after all the populair necessary tracks like Spa, Nurgurgring, Monza etc etc they can focus on the lesser known or lesser popular (at least from a gaming perspective) tracks. And still give us realistic tracks, I don't want fantasy tracks. It's always great to watch a RL video of a race on a certain track and then compare that with the racing in-game.

In Project CARS 1 I absolutely loved the BRNO and ZIC circuits, they are amazing circuits and I never saw them before in another racing game. Zolder, Ruapuna and Rouen-Les-Essarts (RIP :confused:) were fantastic as well in this aspect.

In less than 2 weeks Dirt 4 releases which will keep me busy until Project CARS 2 hits the shelves! :cheers:

The circuit roster of PCars2 is shaping up brilliantly. In fact the entire package is looking fantastic.

This was a cracking battle from the 2009 FIA GT1 World Championship between Maserati and Chevrolet. I always loved the elevation changes at Portimao.

Great stuff! And with a happy ending. :)

The circuit roster of PCars2 is shaping up brilliantly. In fact the entire package is looking fantastic.

This was a cracking battle from the 2009 FIA GT1 World Championship between Maserati and Chevrolet. I always loved the elevation changes at Portimao.

1:38 "This is not a Playstation game, they're actually for real"

Great clip, just watching this is enough to make me look forward to trying out this track. Also, I kind of wish we could get the MC12 in PCARS 2...

Funny how GTPSP had Valencia. A track which deviated from GT fantasy tracks. It was an obscure choice to make, almost like Algarve has become.

I never see any people in the stands. Portugal doesn't like racing or GT racing is not popular or something?

Portimao being half way country vertically speaking :) from where I am i'm not going there as often as say... Estoril (which is pretty much every time :) )

Portimao is remote as hell even if you leave in Algarve :)

I don't really like Algarve so you won't catch me there even for the biggest motorcycle event we have. It's the tourist national and foreign destination of choice BTW.

I can only assure you when I was there there was no lack of people. But I also might agree if you say that there's much more people watching races in Estoril than Portimao.

Unfortunately ELMS grew to much for Estoril so this year it'll be down there and we'll see what the numbers tell wrt spectators. I hope for the best and that i'll be able to join the party as haven't missed an ELMS event in Portugal so far.

Rally and WTCC are always packed BTW so it also depends on the events and yes, Portugal is more a rally country IMO

But I watch lots of races on TV where it's only one spectator area with people... if that.

It's not quite like V8SC for aussies or DTM in Germany, i which it was...

Portimao being half way country vertically speaking :) from where I am i'm not going there as often as say... Estoril (which is pretty much every time :) )

I don't really like Algarve so you won't catch me there even for the biggest motorcycle event we have. It's the tourist national and foreign destination of choice BTW.

I can only assure you when I was there there was no lack of people. But I also might agree if you say that there's much more people watching races in Estoril than Portimao.

Unfortunately ELMS grew to much for Estoril so this year it'll be down there and we'll see what the numbers tell wrt spectators. I hope for the best and that i'll be able to join the party as haven't missed an ELMS event in Portugal so far.

Rally and WTCC are always packed BTW so it also depends on the events and yes, Portugal is more a rally country IMO

But I watch lots of races on TV where it's only one spectator area with people... if that.

Quick off topic question: How is the coverage for (V8)Supercars?

Quick off topic question: How is the coverage for (V8)Supercars?
In Australia? Packed every single time from what I can see on TV highlights. Couple of years ago here I got the full championship live but not anymore :(

Now it's either online or what I see on motorsporttv (ex- motorstv)

In Australia? Packed every single time from what I can see on TV highlights. Couple of years ago here I got the full championship live but not anymore :(

Now it's either online or what I see on motorsporttv (ex- motorstv)
Ah, yes. MotorsTV Europe. Thanks.

The circuit is not well located
This is because the area itself is a tourism zone. When formula 1 came to Portugal,in the circuit of Estoril were the benches full of people
I live in Lisbon and to go to Portimão I need to do almost 300 km ,which for a lot of people it gets quite expensive
But in fact in Portugal the staff likes more rally and there are places in Northern Portugal ,where more than 100,000 people will see a stage.
Authentic pilgrimages
About the Portimão circuit is simply fantastic and I loved to see a Formula 1 race on this circuit
Watch this video.Simply fantastic

Back