Car of The Month: April! - Build your own Racing Modification/Touring Car!

These are the one's I've got sitting in the old shop.
Subaru BRZ '12 491pp SH Don't ask, You'll find out ;)
Subaru BRZ '12 555pp.I suppose you could knock it down to 550 and RH if you fancy. Bare in mind though, this was tuned using some aids you guys don't like. So if it's a bit slidey when you don't use them,please remember, you have been warned :lol:
Honda NSX-R '02 575pp This is V2 technically. I may still have the camber-less version on a settings page somewhere (got a few of these ;D) I'll have a check later and see if I can find it 👍 Quite handy in the Rain Masters races 👍
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II (R32) '94 555pp RS Feel free to drop to RH and maybe even SS. The next one was tweaked down a bit for an Autumn Ring seasonal on SH and did OK ;)
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II (R32) '94 530pp SHMore or less the same as the other one :dopey:

I can't remember if the last one used SRF, however all the rest but for the 491pp BRZ did sorry :guilty:
:cheers:

Last edited:
23926359591_57f652a0c3.jpg

"January"

Honda - Integra Type R (DC5) '04
Honda - NSX Type R '02
Honda - Civic Type R '08
Honda - S2000 '06
Lexus - IS F '07
Mazda - RX-8 Type S '07
Mazda - RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Mazda - Roadster RS (NC) '07
Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00
Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07
Nissan - Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2 Seater (Z32) '89
Nissan - Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
Nissan - Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Nissan - GTR '07
Nissan - GTR SpecV '09
Nissan - GTR Black Edition '12
Nissan - Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02
Nissan - Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R32) '94
Nissan - Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97
Nissan - Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
Toyota - 86 GT '12
Toyota - 86 "Racing" '13
Toyota - Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88
Subaru - BRZ '12
Subaru - Impreza Sedan WRZ STi Spec C Type RA '05
Subaru - Impreza WRX STi '07
Subaru - Impreza Sedan WRX STi '10
Subaru - Impreza WRX STi Spec C '09
Subaru - S206 NBR Challenge Package '12
**Found in the US/North America Region:
Acura - NSX '91
Scion - FR-S '12

{If you know of any from the Asian Region that I missed, please let me know}

"The Tunes"
Sports: Soft
Honda NSX Type R '02 550pp (SS) - By Bowtie-muscle
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 550pp (SS) - By @nijalninja
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 535/550pp (SS) - By @Rotary Junkie

Racing: Hard
Scion FR-S '12 550pp (RH) - By @TheInfamousJEW6

Lap time leaderboards:
Deep Forest Raceway (Reverse)
Trial Mountain
Grand Valley Speedway
Special Stage R11
Is the above mentioned tracks the ones to tune the car for ?

Is the above mentioned tracks the ones to tune the car for ?
Not necessarily, you may choose to tune anywhere you wish on any tire you wish. However, I will be keeping record of lap times for the above Leaderboard should they be tested on those tracks. But only tunes tested on tires mentioned get on the boards. So, it might benefit you to tune in them ;)

But I'm not forcing you to tune anywhere.

Not necessarily, you may choose to tune anywhere you wish on any tire you wish. However, I will be keeping record of lap times for the above Leaderboard should they be tested on those tracks. But only tunes tested on tires mentioned get on the boards. So, it might benefit you to tune in them ;)

But I'm not forcing you to tune anywhere.
Brilliant mate, thanks :)

First review done, RX-7 from @Rotary Junkie , will be posting and adding times to Leaderboard. @TheInfamousJEW6 and your FR-S is up next.

Only have a few tunes to finish and post, not likely to get to as many as I would wish, but plenty of others already for me to test 👍

Awesome! I can't wait! 👍 Thanks as always for taking all this time to put together these reviews! :bowdown:

I should have a Scooby NBR package posted by tomorrow... :cheers:

My tune for ssr-11

Honda integra type r dc5 '04
549pp
433bhp
1045kg
56/44

Best of all parts except nos

No oil or rigidity

Rh. 114/98
Sr. 4.58/7.15
DC 6/6
De 7/5
Arb. 2/4
Cam 1.0/3.3
Toe. -0.25/-0.16
Brakes 4/5

Transmission
Final to 6000
Top speed 112
Ratios
Final 3.740

LSD. 6/10/5

57kg @ 50%

View attachment 498745

This RX-8 Type S surprised the heck out of me! It is the fastest Flat Floor I've tuned yet, even though it has less PP than the Scooby. And it'll run down the Team Oreca Vipers in the 600pp Championship! Enjoy! :cheers:
Some cars really take well to adding flat floor, some not so much but I will not say which. I've tried many, the RX-8 was on my to do list.

Lots of tunes coming in, I'm going to be busy busy busy for a while. Might not get to do any of my own, but that's ok.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R 550pp Flat Floor by @Rotary Junkie review:

You and I have not really crossed paths I don't believe, but I remember the garage you were part of back in GT5. Sure I tried at least one of your tunes back then. But this will be my first in GT6, and for that I will give a full review. I'm planning on giving shorter yet thorough reviews, but with less wording since I have so many tunes to try and get to.

First off, this is only my opinion and observation, none is meant to be criticism. Take it lightly and if it sounds a bit rough, keep reading before reacting!

First car tested this month, and looking at the numbers gave me slight pause. The RX-7, though not a true cheat car, is one of the top dogs in most pp levels, and likely top 2 or 3 of those available this month. That said, I was expecting big things from this tune. Some of the numbers made me go hmmm., zero front and rear toe, all dampers set to 5? Then I saw ARB and LSD settings, along with ride height, intriqueing. But while building, 2 other things to mention; max speed can only be lowered to 124, and third gear looked off on the graph. Close to 2nd, but fairly equally spaced to 4th-5th-6th, though the final gear left me thinking that I was not going to see alot of 6th. Then I drove it.

Up first, I went to Silverstone International and the Supercar Festival event. Needed some qiuck credits. This would allow me to get used to the tune, first race, not as easy as I thought but not hard, resulted in a win. Best lap of 1:07.553. Second race much better yet, easier win although the MP4 and Pagani did put up another fight. Best lap this time was 1:06.713. Found good grip and great rotation, with a little looseness as expected from this car. But only in two spots and easily adjusting line would fix. Brakes and trans both worked really well. Entry was smooth and allowed my style and line to be driven with ease.

Now for the big test (not really but it sounds good:dopey:). Off to start the leaderboards with some hard to beat times I think. Trial Mountain was the next place to run. With the rough road surface, and elevation changes, the ride height should shine. And did. Again, some looseness but just enough to be really fast and controllable. No complaints to be found, even if the LSD accel setting did make me nervous here. Never really had any issues though. My best lap of 5 was 1:28.405, a few more laps and I might have flirted with a sub 1:28.....maybe. But likely could have gotten close. Nice tune 👍

Now for Deep Forest reverse. I prefer this layout to the forward version, but that's me:rolleyes:. Fast car. Pushing to deep or too hard could get interesting, but easy in and fast out (my normal driving style) really made this tune come to life and shine. Rear could step out if late braking too deep into the corner, but no other issues of note. Just a really good setup, and a really quick lap. Best of 5 here was 1:17.695.

In comparison, at Trial, I only tested a 525pp '91 NSX and your's was 3.5 seconds faster.:eek:
At Deep Forest, I've tried several others though few close to posting and none that you would expect to compete with this beast, still some 2.2 seconds slower:dunce:. The NSX Type R '02 and RX-8 should be the competition for this car though one should not sleep on the 350 or 370Z. But these lap times might stay up top for quite a while. Great job, and again welcome to the fun. ;)

Kitchen Sink Entertainment presents a Dan's Garage Production...
3 tunes of Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 for your driving pleasure

Purchases
  • Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04
  • All upgrades for the vehicle

Tune 001
  • No oil change
  • No body rigidity
  • Stats
    • Max power: 433HP
    • Max torque: 260ft-lb
    • Weight: 988kg
    • Power-to-weight ratio: 2.28kg/HP
    • Suspension
      • Ride height: 114/116
      • Spring rate: 5.26/5.01
      • Dampers (compression): 4/4
      • Dampers (extension): 5/3
      • Anti-roll bars: 1/3
      • Camber angle (-): 0.0/2.1
      • Toe angle: 0.03/0.40
    • Brakes
      • Racing brakes: 7/3
    • Transmission
      • Max speed (auto set): 420km/h
      • 1st gear: 2.350
      • 2nd gear: 1.530
      • 3rd gear: 1.095
      • 4th gear: 0.825
      • 5th gear: 0.655
      • 6th gear: 0.515
      • Final gear: 6.000
    • LSD
      • Initial torque: 5/0
      • Acceleration sensitivity: 15/0
      • Braking sensitivity: 5/0
    • Downforce: 0/15

Tune 002
  • No oil change
  • No body rigidity
  • Stats
    • Max power: 433HP
    • Max torque: 260ft-lb
    • Power-to-weight ratio: 2.28kg/HP
    • Suspension
      • Ride height: 100/114
      • Spring rate: 6.82/5.26
      • Dampers (compression): 5/5
      • Dampers (extension): 6/4
      • Anti-roll bars: 1/3
      • Camber angle (-): 0.0/2.1
      • Toe angle: 0.01/0.43
    • Brakes
      • Racing brakes: 7/3
    • Transmission
    • LSD

Tune 003
  • Body rigidity installed
  • Oil change performed
  • Stats
    • Max power: 455HP
    • Max torque: 273ft-lb
    • Power-to-weight ratio: 2.17kg/HP
    • Suspension
      • Ride height: 94/98
      • Spring rate: 7.27/6.82
      • Dampers (compression): 6/6
      • Dampers (extension): 7/5
      • Anti-roll bars: 2/4
      • Camber angle (-): 0.0/24
      • Toe angle: 0.11/0.04
    • Brakes
      • Racing brakes: 5/5
    • Transmission
    • LSD

Tune for

Mitsubishi lancer evolution IV GSR '96
576pp
540bhp
1148 kg
52/48
Racing hard tyres

Best of all parts except no's

Rh 103/104
Sr 7.00/9.13
DC 6/6
De6/6
Arb 3/3
Cam 0.7/0.3
Toe. -0.14/-0.07
Brakes 3/7

LSD front 10/16/8 rear 12/22/8

30/70

Transmission
Reset
Top speed to 205
Ratios as follows

Final to 4.500

43kg@50%

Track ssr-11

Last edited:
First off, this is only my opinion and observation, none is meant to be criticism. Take it lightly and if it sounds a bit rough, keep reading before reacting!

But what if I want to scream at you because reasons? :(

First car tested this month, and looking at the numbers gave me slight pause. The RX-7, though not a true cheat car, is one of the top dogs in most pp levels, and likely top 2 or 3 of those available this month. That said, I was expecting big things from this tune. Some of the numbers made me go hmmm., zero front and rear toe, all dampers set to 5? Then I saw ARB and LSD settings, along with ride height, intriqueing. But while building, 2 other things to mention; max speed can only be lowered to 124, and third gear looked off on the graph. Close to 2nd, but fairly equally spaced to 4th-5th-6th, though the final gear left me thinking that I was not going to see alot of 6th. Then I drove it.

:D NSX-R can put a hurt on the RX-7 for certain, R35 can match or beat either with a lot lower skill requirement.

Up first, I went to Silverstone International and the Supercar Festival event. Needed some qiuck credits. This would allow me to get used to the tune, first race, not as easy as I thought but not hard, resulted in a win. Best lap of 1:07.553. Second race much better yet, easier win although the MP4 and Pagani did put up another fight. Best lap this time was 1:06.713. Found good grip and great rotation, with a little looseness as expected from this car. But only in two spots and easily adjusting line would fix. Brakes and trans both worked really well. Entry was smooth and allowed my style and line to be driven with ease.

And here you find purpose! :D Exit is slightly tight, but being able to unleash everything without worrying about it stepping out allows a level of confidence that would otherwise be missing.

Now for the big test (not really but it sounds good:dopey:). Off to start the leaderboards with some hard to beat times I think. Trial Mountain was the next place to run. With the rough road surface, and elevation changes, the ride height should shine. And did. Again, some looseness but just enough to be really fast and controllable. No complaints to be found, even if the LSD accel setting did make me nervous here. Never really had any issues though. My best lap of 5 was 1:28.405, a few more laps and I might have flirted with a sub 1:28.....maybe. But likely could have gotten close. Nice tune 👍

Will do 1:27s at 535, the extra 39hp makes it easier. Then again, I've lived at Trial for 8+ years so maybe I know a few tricks :lol: Might be capable of a 26 if everything comes together perfect.

Now for Deep Forest reverse. I prefer this layout to the forward version, but that's me:rolleyes:. Fast car. Pushing to deep or too hard could get interesting, but easy in and fast out (my normal driving style) really made this tune come to life and shine. Rear could step out if late braking too deep into the corner, but no other issues of note. Just a really good setup, and a really quick lap. Best of 5 here was 1:17.695.

I see you found the safety measures. Personally can't get the feel for Deep Forest reverse, then again I'm not the biggest fan of forward either.

In comparison, at Trial, I only tested a 525pp '91 NSX and your's was 3.5 seconds faster.:eek:
At Deep Forest, I've tried several others though few close to posting and none that you would expect to compete with this beast, still some 2.2 seconds slower:dunce:. The NSX Type R '02 and RX-8 should be the competition for this car though one should not sleep on the 350 or 370Z. But these lap times might stay up top for quite a while. Great job, and again welcome to the fun. ;)

350/370 are getting slept on. Staggered tires yet front-heavy, makes a safe car, doesn't make a fast car. NSX-R will dethrone my RX-7 (if it doesn't I'll tune one), RX-8 will likely be close but from my initial testing any advantage will be solely due to it being better down the straights.

Thanks much for the review. The nice words are appreciated, but in a way I wish you'd found more holes in it. Not bad for a minor evolution of a tune from the dawn of time, no? :lol:

Here are my views on the cars that I have tested so far, this is my first time reviewing so please be gentle. I am also not a tuner and generally change my driving to hide or minimise issues in a tune. All aids are off except ABS which is set at 1 unless the tune is designed for ABS 0 and all tests are on Sport Soft tyres and at 550PP at Deep Forest and Trial Mountain.
Scion FR-S '12 550pp (SS) - By @TheInfamousJEW6
The car is very stable and I was able to run very consistent lap times it does have a hint of understeer but this can be rectified slightly by reducing the rear wing setting to 5. The car seemed quicker than the lap times achieved.
At Deep Forest I ran a 1:17.236, though all times were within .3s of each other (with the rear wing at 5 was able to do 1:16.860, all 5 laps like this were under the 1:17 barrier.
At Trial Mountain the car handled the undulations very well and again performed consistently, understeer was still evident. I also found that the car can bog down a bit in 2nd gear at the right hander just after the first tunnel. I managed to get a best of 1:29.131 with all times again within .3s of each other and with the rear wing reduction I got down to 1.28.664
Even though the car was tuned for Racing Hards it performs very well on Sports Soft. Not sure if we are doing DC but I'd give the tune an 8.
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 550pp (SS) - By @Rotary Junkie
After the calm of the FR-S, I found this to be a very lively car and tune, turn is sharp, occasionally too much, resulting in some oversteer but she quickly recovers allowing you to get back on the throttle and power through the rest of the corner. The first three corners at Trial Mountain are a blast and the tune encourages you to go faster and faster through them. Running at Deep Forest the oversteer is still there and you have to be cautious into the three turns after the straights.
Deep Forest Time was 1:15.380, Trial Mountain Time was 1:27.317, again times were consistent but one or two were a lot slower due to be caught out be the over rotation on corner entry, DC 9
Honda NSX Type R '02 550pp (SS) - By @Bowtie-muscle
The liveliness continues with this NSX tune, even though the car is on the edge it can be driven hard and can produce consistent times, the bumps at Deep Forest can upset the balance a little bit and there is a hint of traction loss powering out of slow corners but that might be due to a heavy thumb on the X button chasing lap times. There is a hint of oversteer on corner entry but only when pushing hard.
Deep Forest Time was 1:15.213, Trail Mountain was 1:27.170, DC 9
Honda NSX-R '02 550pp (SS) (pre 1.09 tune AKA R2D2 tune) - By @Thorin Cain
Not sure I should review this tune as its been on my NSX since I bought it and even though I've tried many others I always come back to this one when I need to race hard with or without the flat floor for me this tune is fast. The car rotates well and gives you confidence on corner entry, there can be a hint of understeer mid corner but a slight lift off gives the front end the grip it needs.
Deep Forest Time was 1:14.715, Trial Mountain was 1:26.205, DC 10​

Here are my views on the cars that I have tested so far, this is my first time reviewing so please be gentle. I am also not a tuner and generally change my driving to hide or minimise issues in a tune. All aids are off except ABS which is set at 1 unless the tune is designed for ABS 0 and all tests are on Sport Soft tyres and at 550PP at Deep Forest and Trial Mountain.
The car is very stable and I was able to run very consistent lap times it does have a hint of understeer but this can be rectified slightly by reducing the rear wing setting to 5. The car seemed quicker than the lap times achieved.
At Deep Forest I ran a 1:17.236, though all times were within .3s of each other (with the rear wing at 5 was able to do 1:16.860, all 5 laps like this were under the 1:17 barrier.
At Trial Mountain the car handled the undulations very well and again performed consistently, understeer was still evident. I also found that the car can bog down a bit in 2nd gear at the right hander just after the first tunnel. I managed to get a best of 1:29.131 with all times again within .3s of each other and with the rear wing reduction I got down to 1.28.664
Even though the car was tuned for Racing Hards it performs very well on Sports Soft. Not sure if we are doing DC but I'd give the tune an 8.
After the calm of the FR-S, I found this to be a very lively car and tune, turn is sharp, occasionally too much, resulting in some oversteer but she quickly recovers allowing you to get back on the throttle and power through the rest of the corner. The first three corners at Trial Mountain are a blast and the tune encourages you to go faster and faster through them. Running at Deep Forest the oversteer is still there and you have to be cautious into the three turns after the straights.
Deep Forest Time was 1:15.380, Trial Mountain Time was 1:27.317, again times were consistent but one or two were a lot slower due to be caught out be the over rotation on corner entry, DC 9
The liveliness continues with this NSX tune, even though the car is on the edge it can be driven hard and can produce consistent times, the bumps at Deep Forest can upset the balance a little bit and there is a hint of traction loss powering out of slow corners but that might be due to a heavy thumb on the X button chasing lap times. There is a hint of oversteer on corner entry but only when pushing hard.
Not sure I should review this tune as its been on my NSX since I bought it and even though I've tried many others I always come back to this one when I need to race hard with or without the flat floor for me this tune is fast. The car rotates well and gives you confidence on corner entry, there can be a hint of understeer mid corner but a slight lift off gives the front end the grip it needs.
Great job on the review, thorough. I greatly appreciate another person giving feedback to the tuners, and you put up some great lap times as well.

As for my tune, thank you for the quick time and the review. Its an older tune set up for flat tracks so I'm not surprised it is a bit lively on the two bumpy tracks. Was not sure how it would perform, and not surprised that @Thorin Cain was slightly (or more) faster as MR can give me struggles sometimes.

Again, thank you, much appreciated :D :gtpflag: 👍

Nice reviews Mr. RobotMan :D and many thanks for such a good one :). I wasn't expecting to see mine be as competitive with treaded tyres on ;) but wow :eek: a 10 :embarrassed:. I'm glad you like it so much, it has long been a favourite for me and one of the few I feel translates on to "road legal" rubber, but I am surprised it did so well :)

Can't say I'm all too surprised by the stonking lap times across the board though :bowdown: That 1:14 on Deep Forest is just awesome for that car. Great driving R2D2 👍 And thanks for putting in the time to test out and give some good feedback to all :cheers:

Back