All your DLC questions answered here!

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 409 comments
I have a question I bought the complete pack on my old ps3 but then it broke what will happen to my dlc when I sign in on my new ps3 will I have to buy it again or will it appear when I load up GT5?
It worked with my DLC from other games, the trick was signing up the same account on that new PS3.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't for GT5 though.

So how often will we be getting DLC? I heard it's every two months so the next one should be sometime in February....Will they always stick to giving us 4-5 cars or will it vary?

Thanks.

I was disappointed with this car pack 2. VW??? seriously. & did we really need another GT-R??? The 1st car pack was kick ass. I really hope we get the stealth mode car pack next.

I was disappointed with this car pack 2. VW??? seriously. & did we really need another GT-R??? The 1st car pack was kick ass. I really hope we get the stealth mode car pack next.

I actually like the VW's. The game was lacking some of the key ones. IE R and Scirroco.

I liked them both equally, but I'd rather have real cars than PD creations. And call me crazy but I like the inclusion of the GT-R, I have quite the collection of r35s now. Though I wish the next DLC pack has more heavy hitters, like the new BOSS or 1M.

I actually like the VW's. The game was lacking some of the key ones. IE R and Scirroco.

I agree. The GTI Mk V was the newest VW available before and considering it was a 2005 model, I think it only fair that the Scirocco R and Golf R were added to the line-up. Both are quite powerful hot hatches (ok, the Scirocco is more of a coupe but still)

Concerning the racing gear pack, are all the suits/helmets immediately available for use in your inventory, or are they simply placed in the pool of gear awarded for winning a seasonal event race?

I have a query, I'm planning to buy those DLCs sometime this week so before I go spend my money on those PSN cards, one question, thing is I have 2 accounts on my PSN, one is HK account and the other is US account(my main), if I buy those DLCs with my HK account will my US account be able to use it? (my GT5 is R3/asia)

They should really have a "receive all" option in the Car Delivery, or at least put you back into it rather than GT Life. I just spent 15 minutes receiving all of my 'family ticket; cars on my second account :ouch:

i went to buy it last night boss and it was 6.95, however when i click confirm purchase it just gave me some error message...... Bought the first pack no prob, not sure what the problem was....cant see them reducing the price either. Seem a bit rich for them to charge different prices when the stuff is contained in the update anyway that everyone gets anywhere on the planet

Anyone else have any probs downloading it? The one thing is that it asks for a minimum $10 purchase, so when i tried to put $10 in the PSN wallet it wouldnt let me do that either. Didnt think my money was that bad !!

I ended up buying it as I wanted to use it before going away over Christmas. No issues with the download, but it was all pretty average. Track Packs seem to add more to the game as there are enough comparable cars to what was offered in this DLC. An Australian car pack on the other hand.... :drool:

An Australian car pack on the other hand.... :drool:
That would make me goo my pants, but alas AVESCO/VESA is a part of the FIA so doubt we will see it in this game any time soon, damn licensing 👎

If you mean AU cars in general, it would be awesome to have the late 60's, early-mid 70's Ford's and Holden's in the game. Damn Forza having the XB hardtop and me not having an XBOX :(

Last edited:
Not in "Car Delivery (Car Exchange)" in GT Life, not that I saw at the time. There is one in the "Community" 'Gifts' area. I may be wrong about the delivery section, wouldn't be the first time if so :lol:

EIT: Oops, square button for that function... Sorry for doubting you!

Last edited:
rumblina
That would make me goo my pants, but alas AVESCO/VESA is a part of the FIA so doubt we will see it in this game any time soon, damn licensing 👎

If you mean AU cars in general, it would be awesome to have the late 60's, early-mid 70's Ford's and Holden's in the game. Damn Forza having the XB hardtop and me not having an XBOX :(

Yeah any Aussie cars would be great. Seaton's AU & some pre VE Commodores just don't cut it. I'd be happy enough if some of the US Muscle cars were converted from standard to premium.

What happened to the DLC Bundle Pack 1? I was going to get it today and when I was on PSN, I didn't see it listed anymore. :(

I was wondering the samething, especially since the item descriptions list each item as available in the bundle

The new GT86 and the concept car are both tradeable . They are not DLC cars. The new SP kart can also be traded.

Last edited:
So for alternate accounts on the same ps3 you have to purchase the cars from dlc pack 1? I was wondering why all of the dlc cars were now available in the ncd. I was like "Why would pd make dlc free for everyone a few weeks after it was released for purchase? I'll just wait it out next time!"... and then I found this thread. Thanks

So for alternate accounts on the same ps3 you have to purchase the cars from dlc pack 1? I was wondering why all of the dlc cars were now available in the ncd. I was like "Why would pd make dlc free for everyone a few weeks after it was released for purchase? I'll just wait it out next time!"... and then I found this thread. Thanks
Once one account has DLC car pack 1, alternate accounts on the same ps3 get to share it for free. Which DLC is free in the ncd, car pack 1? I believe only if you purchased it, you can get dupes, but you still have to pay for car pack 2 even though it shows up in the NCD.

Been reading about the DLCs coming fast and furiously from PD, just curious, as of 2.02 :

Has the R35 GT-R TC fixed racing number #1 been corrected, to user changable ?

Can the DLC cars be deleted from our garage ?

Thanks.

Back