All your DLC questions answered here!

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 409 comments
Apologies in advance if this has already been covered, but Ive ran into a rather frustrating problem.

I downloaded the Car Pack 3 and Speed Test DLC a few days ago, and installed them just fine. I had already downloaded and installed the other DLC packs OK as well. Then for some reason all the cars in the Racing Car Pack (Touring cars and X2011 Prototype) show up with exclamation marks next to them in my garage. Im told I cannot use these cars and must reinstall the DLC package. So I go to the DLC tab in the main GT menu, and it shows that all the DLC packs are installed fine, and there is nothing I can click on to open the packs or reinstall them?! :confused: :banghead: :confused:

Please don't tell me I have to buy the DLC AGAIN...as that'll be very annoying. Especially as the cars are still in my garage, but I cannot do anything with them. :grumpy:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I apologise if this has been covered already elsewhere.

How does the family pack work? If you buy DLC Pack 1, can you then download the Family Pack for free, is that how it works? And is the available on multiple accounts meaning on that PS3 or PS3 accounts that are connected to a main account?

Yes, the "Family Pack" is only there to fix the "DLC not working on 2nd account" problem for the Complete Pack. :)👍

@avens & VWGolf: Doesn't work. Check the last point on page #1:

Is DLC region locked?
Yes, it is. That is, if for example you buy DLC on a European PSN account, you cannot use it on your American copy of the game.

@Falcon787B: Can you delete the broken DLC cars? Can you re-purchase the DLC cars from the NewCarDealership?

If both are not working, try a old gamesave where the DLC cars are not installed & re-install them.

Btw. what caused the problem. Any chance you got the DLC cars via game sharing? Then I suggest pay for the DLC & it'll work like it should. ;)

Does anyone know the maximum number of tickets you can have in your car transporter?

I currently have 11 different level tickets in my transporter & don't want to wipe anything out if/when I buy the new DLC.

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere you cant have anymore than 15 tickets in the transporter, have I just imagined this or does anyone know for sure?

If i have 11 slots used & buy 6 new DLC that puts me on 17 and possibly loosing something if 15 is the limit.

A bit off-topic, but here's the answer. :)

There is no ticket limit for the truck. But there's a item limit (7000 items maximum) you can run in.

Items are: paints, tickets, gear, horns & tuning parts.

Last edited:
@Falcon787B: Can you delete the broken DLC cars? Can you re-purchase the DLC cars from the NewCarDealership?

If both are not working, try a old gamesave where the DLC cars are not installed & re-install them.

Btw. what caused the problem. Any chance you got the DLC cars via game sharing? Then I suggest pay for the DLC & it'll work like it should. ;)

Okay...I might try that. That'd be really annoying if that's what I have to do, as I only started the game a few weeks ago, and got the DLC not long after I got the game, so Ive done quite a lot since then on my savegame. I'll give it a go though 👍 Thanks for the tip. I've also heard elsewhere that the free Family Upgrade thing sometimes fixes this problem also, any truth in that?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't 'steal' the cars from someone's game save via car sharing or anything - I did it properly, went on the PSN store, paid for the DLC pack and downloaded it in the correct manner. No funny business here ;) Although oddly enough I've gone back and checked my download history in the PSN store, and the Racing Car Pack doesnt show up...all the other DLC packs Ive downloaded show, but not that one? :confused:

Yes, the "Family Pack" is only there to fix the "DLC not working on 2nd account" problem for the Complete Pack. :)👍

@avens & VWGolf: Doesn't work. Check the last point on page #1:

Is DLC region locked?
Yes, it is. That is, if for example you buy DLC on a European PSN account, you cannot use it on your American copy of the game.

A bit off-topic, but here's the answer. :)

There is no ticket limit for the truck. But there's a item limit (7000 items maximum) you can run in.

Items are: paints, tickets, gear, horns & tuning parts.

Thanks for the info on the items/tickets issue.

Dont quite understand what you mean by checking the last point on page 1 though?

Ok here's what happened to me. I think after I updated to 2.03 My first DLC (Complete Pack or DLC 1) stopped working. All the cars from it have a (!) icon next to them, and the 3 tracks (the two kart space, and Spa) are all missing. I've contacted Sony and they told me to delete and reinstall the game data, but that didn't work. So I'm in the same state after waiting 5-7hrs for a install (13 files in total). Anyone got any clues to what is going on?

Ok here's what happened to me. I think after I updated to 2.03 My first DLC (Complete Pack or DLC 1) stopped working. All the cars from it have a (!) icon next to them, and the 3 tracks (the two kart space, and Spa) are all missing. I've contacted Sony and they told me to delete and reinstall the game data, but that didn't work. So I'm in the same state after waiting 5-7hrs for a install (13 files in total). Anyone got any clues to what is going on?

I got the exact same problem.
All the race cars(including go karts) have a (!) icon next to them and i cant use them.
I can still use the:

2011 Mini Cooper S
2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R
2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R
2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35

Im not sure about the ft86

I got the exact same problem.
All the race cars(including go karts) have a (!) icon next to them and i cant use them.
I can still use the:

2011 Mini Cooper S
2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R
2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R
2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35

Im not sure about the ft86

Go to the Playstation store and download the two free family upgrade packs(using the same account you originally used for the DLC purchase). One pack is for the cars and the other is for the tracks from the first DLCs from October. Install them in GT5 just like you installed the other DLC packs.

Go to the Playstation store and download the two free family upgrade packs(using the same account you originally used for the DLC purchase). One pack is for the cars and the other is for the tracks from the first DLCs from October. Install them in GT5 just like you installed the other DLC packs.

This worked for me:)

Thank you:tup:

Why the hell, the latest DLC car pack is advertised for 3.99 euros and when you select it you need to pay 5.99 euros?

Speed Test Course Pack
The new 'Speed Test Course Pack' DLC adds a 'Speed Test' feature to Gran Turismo 5.
The price of the DLC will be $3.99.

Car Pack 3
This DLC adds cars to Gran Turismo 5.
The price of the DLC is $5.99.

Source: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5news/d6200.html

Looks like you selected the wrong pack. ;)

I remember when the second DLC came out and some people, after previously buying the first DLC, received the FT-86 Concept II, and some didn't. I've now bought all 3 packs, downloaded the family pack for the first one and still haven't received the FT-86. Is there something in particular I have to do?

I remember when the second DLC came out and some people, after previously buying the first DLC, received the FT-86 Concept II, and some didn't. I've now bought all 3 packs, downloaded the family pack for the first one and still haven't received the FT-86. Is there something in particular I have to do?

You need to buy TWO separated DLC from October.
If you buy the pack that includes all of them (cars, tracks, suits and colors), that only counts as one. Just buy a different DLC from October with the same account and you should get it.

If not, go to the market place, the FT can be sent if someone is willing to.

If you buy the pack that includes all of them (cars, tracks, suits and colors), that only counts as one. Just buy a different DLC from October with the same account and you should get it.

Ah it all makes sense now. Even though that's pretty stupid. Thanks for the reply. 👍

DLC questions here, huh? I got one for you. I'm got 8 Euros in my PSN Wallet from a 20 Euro card I bought back at October for the 1st DLC. Both new DLC look very pleasing. Which one should I get? Is there any possibillity to put an extra 2 Euros to my wallet?

Does the FT86 Concept II show up in the XMB as a separate download/install (as does, for example, the bonus Stealth NSX)?

Reason I ask is that I would swear -- SWEAR, I say! ;) -- that I remember getting the Concept II after buying all of the DLC in October, even though I bought the combo pack. But sure enough, I just noticed a couple days ago that the car is not in my garage, nor is it in the dealership.

If you tell me this is impossible, that I must be mistaken...well, I suppose I'll believe you. 👍 But I can't help feeling like somebody came in and stole it! lol

Does the FT86 Concept II show up in the XMB as a separate download/install (as does, for example, the bonus Stealth NSX)?

Reason I ask is that I would swear -- SWEAR, I say! ;) -- that I remember getting the Concept II after buying all of the DLC in October, even though I bought the combo pack. But sure enough, I just noticed a couple days ago that the car is not in my garage, nor is it in the dealership.

If you tell me this is impossible, that I must be mistaken...well, I suppose I'll believe you. 👍 But I can't help feeling like somebody came in and stole it! lol

I believe that you are mistaken :). The car was not a separate download. It was included in the update and you would receive it only if you had purchased at least two different DLC packs from October. The combo pack counts as only one pack. The car does not show up in the dealership like the DLC cars.

Cost on the newest DLC? Cost of the Route X track? (in US dollars please)

Taken a break from GT5 for a few weeks due to work travel and haven't kept up with it.

The first DLC was great, didn't buy the second because none of the cars really interested me, the only cars that I would like in the third are the Aston Martin and Lambo but I don't want to pay $15 for a pack that has only 2 cars that I like.

I'm also assuming that the route x is similar to the test track in GT3.

DLC questions here, huh? I got one for you. I'm got 8 Euros in my PSN Wallet from a 20 Euro card I bought back at October for the 1st DLC. Both new DLC look very pleasing. Which one should I get? Is there any possibillity to put an extra 2 Euros to my wallet?

Nope, you can't. You have to buy a 20€ or 50€ card again.
I always buy one of 50€. I don't buy that much DLC. But at some point i use it anyway. (even if its after one year till i buy a second item)

Cost on the newest DLC? Cost of the Route X track? (in US dollars please)

Taken a break from GT5 for a few weeks due to work travel and haven't kept up with it.

The first DLC was great, didn't buy the second because none of the cars really interested me, the only cars that I would like in the third are the Aston Martin and Lambo but I don't want to pay $15 for a pack that has only 2 cars that I like.

I'm also assuming that the route x is similar to the test track in GT3.

Speed Course Pack - $3.99
Car Pack 3 - $5.99

Hi there, maybe this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it:

This is my case: I bought the first DLC with an account in my PS3 and then activated the so-called Family Pack. The question is: can I earn the Stig's outfit in the other accounts in the Seasonal Events or can I earned it in the original DLC account and "give-to-friend it?

Thanks

Hi there, maybe this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it:

This is my case: I bought the first DLC with an account in my PS3 and then activated the so-called Family Pack. The question is: can I earn the Stig's outfit in the other accounts in the Seasonal Events or can I earned it in the original DLC account and "give-to-friend it?

Thanks

as far as I know, you can't. That's why I asked this as a possible solution but didn't get an answer.

as far as I know, you can't. That's why I asked this as a possible solution but didn't get an answer.

Thank man, I think that we would have to be really lucky to earn it in a Seasonal in the DLC account and the Give-to-Friend because I managed to win a Simpson Desert Camouflaged Helmet and I was able to give it...

Por cierto, yo soy de Venezuela jajaja pero tenemos que escribir en inglés para que todos nos entiendan. Saludos!

short question, is that a bug, that the Jag XJR9 is not included to LMPs in the online regulations? anyone heard if they going to fix that?

Nope, you can't. You have to buy a 20€ or 50€ card again.
I always buy one of 50€. I don't buy that much DLC. But at some point i use it anyway. (even if its after one year till i buy a second item)

Or get a credit card, then you can start with 5+ bucks. ;)👍

Thank man, I think that we would have to be really lucky to earn it in a Seasonal in the DLC account and the Give-to-Friend because I managed to win a Simpson Desert Camouflaged Helmet and I was able to give it...

Por cierto, yo soy de Venezuela jajaja pero tenemos que escribir en inglés para que todos nos entiendan. Saludos!

As far as I know, you can't win the special gear (Special, Simpson, GT & Alpinestars) in the seasonals, and they are not tradeable. If you want them, then you need to have an PSN account from where you can acess the PS Store & purchase it. :sly:

* This DLC is only valid on the PSN account which made the DLC purchase.

As far as I know, you can't win the special gear (Special, Simpson, GT & Alpinestars) in the seasonals, and they are not tradeable. If you want them, then you need to have an PSN account from where you can acess the PS Store & purchase it. :sly:

But I won the Simpson camouflaged (Desert) in a seasonal with the DLC account and was able to give it to a friend without the DLC and he used it... I guess that the Simpson helmets are given as prize in the seasonals but, as they are so few compared to the Arai, are very rare... I was asking if anyone had won it (i.e. the white Simpson helmet) yet. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
If I was to buy the DLC on one PS3, but then have to change PS3. By using my PSN account can I still install DLC again without having to purchase again? I wouldn't think it would be successful but still... ? ? ?

Back