Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
There is only one machine, with 3 colours availabe, one of them featuring the wing. Atleast that's what I got from the video.

So, March 2015... Not angry over it, just surprised that the car was unveiled so early for that release date. Then what the heck will come in February? Guess now a new "speculation time" starts... Also, great alternative paint schemes, that blue/orange Alpine is in fact going to become true, top job. The special "racing wing" bit is another pleasant surprise, guess this will join the Mercedes in the (very) elite list of VGT cars that have two versions.

Well, now we wait, I guess.

March ey. Seems like long enough for a big update to be developed and add the remaining two features into the game. Possibly even another VGT as well.

Although if an update does come in February I'll look like an idiot forever by saying all that.

March ey. Seems like long enough for a big update to be developed and add the remaining two features into the game. Possibly even another VGT as well.

Although if an update does come in February I'll look like an idiot forever by saying all that.

Not unlikely that we might get something new for February, I also agree that such a long waiting period between the Alpine's unveilling and its game release needs to have something in it. Maybe it could even be the Nissan GT-R Nismo LMP car, who knows. Another VGT would be nice, but the next question would be "who is it going to be?"...

No hopes were given that day.

Zero hopes. 0. None. Zilch. Nada.

Holy c*** it's snowing outside!

Well maybe the March update would also include the FIA online championship stuff which is supposed to be launched in the spring of 2015. Just my opinion though.

March!?! Motherf... :banghead:

At least we know the car's release date. The bad news? It'll be at least one more month until we get it... :indiff:

I keep thinking, why did PD give this car a whole month before its release? It's clearly modeled for the game, it has colours, and it even has defined specs!

PD must have something big planned next month, otherwise they would've released this car by now...

This guy
yamauchi_interview_ign.gif

Must have been talking to this guy
olegpimpsmalltm1-1.jpg~320x480

"2 weeks. Be sure."
two_weeks.jpg

aka "In a future update."

At least we know the car's release date. The bad news? It'll be at least one more month until we get it... :indiff:

I keep thinking, why did PD give this car a whole month before its release? It's clearly modeled for the game, it has colours, and it even has defined specs!

PD must have something big planned next month, otherwise they would've released this car by now...
I was thinking the same too. It's almost obvious that PD has already modelled the car for the game. And they didn't mention something about February (except that commemorate Quick Match event for Bathurst-12h), they put the car for the March update. I don't know if this has something to do about the final preparation of Course Maker/B-Spec, the upcoming FIA Online Championship, or there are just other manufacturer(s) going to bring their VGTs in the game, before Alpine....

The car's rear end is really cool and really sexy, and since it has airbrakes, this car reminds me of a WipEout zone ship with an asymmetrical cockpit (obvious since the car has one). I really like the white-colored one and the blue/orange color with the rear wing.

TECHNICAL DATA
CHASSIS
Type: carbon monocoque
Suspension: double wishbones, pushrods, adjustable spring/damper assemblies

ENGINE
Position: mid-rear
Type: V8
Cubic capacity: 4,494cc (274ci)
Maximum power: 450hp at 6,500rpm
Maximum torque: 580Nm (428lb-ft) at 2,000rpm
Maximum engine speed: 7,500rpm
Top speed: 320kph (199mph)

TRANSMISSION
Seven-speed sequential gearbox
Rear-wheel drive

BRAKES
Front: 390mm x 32mm vented discs with six-pot callipers
Rear: 355mm x 32mm vented discs with four-pot callipers

WEIGHT AND CAPACITIES
Weight: 900kg
Weight distribution: 47 / 53
Fuel tank: 75 litres

Not to mention Project Cars launching then!

Yep its pretty obvious now they want to stretch GT6 as thin as possible.

COMPLETE YOUR BLOODY GAME PD!

EDIT

Also that Alpine Oreca and Kaz were in the same room in that video... please please model it for GT6!

Some of official pics and infos from Auto Moto.com

http://www.auto-moto.com/insolite/c...ran-turismo-gt6-du-virtuel-au-reel-14112.html

View attachment 299310 View attachment 299295 View attachment 299296

94 cm high, 900 kg and 450 hp. If this file Alpine Vision GT 320 km / h, no one can check the "for real": it must be the owner of a Playstation and video game Gran Turismo 6 to try it.

Exhibited at the International Automobile Festival in Paris from Wednesday morning the Alpine builds on the A450 engaged in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. But with his side fins, it also refers to the A210 and A220, two old French glories that won the (energy index) in the Sarthe endurance race. The front also recalls the famous Berlinetta A110.

The manufacturer says that some of the style elements, including a series of projected Alpine 2016 years.

The open hood of the Vision GT suggests the combined shock absorber positioned horizontally, like race cars. The mirrors have been replaced by high definition cameras, to perfect aerodynamics.

And during heavy deceleration, speed brake actuated by hydraulic cylinders are deployed. Technically, the V8 4.5 liter 450 hp based on a carbon monocoque chassis. According to the engineers who worked on the project, the Gran Turismo Vision enjoys a remarkable agility. To verify and chain laps at Laguna Seca, Nurburgring, Suzuka and Le Mans, better have a big screen.

Finally, the theory is that the driver will retrieve a butterfly door once the testing session is over. But in fact, after a few laps, simply turn off the game console to return ... in the real world!
Was that put through Bing translate?

The more I see this Alpine VGT the more I love it and I thought it was amazing in the leaked pictures a couple of weeks ago. By the time it finally arrives in March I will be giddy with excitement!

As @DSkywalker01 said I hope the Alpine LMP2 makes it to GT. GT7 that is as GT6 ain't going to happen!

I was thinking the same too. It's almost obvious that PD has already modelled the car for the game. And they didn't mention something about February (except that commemorate Quick Match event for Bathurst-12h), they put the car for the March update. I don't know if this has something to do about the final preparation of Course Maker/B-Spec, the upcoming FIA Online Championship, or there are just other manufacturer(s) going to bring their VGTs in the game, before Alpine....

It could be one of those things, but as usual we don't know for sure... Once again, we have to wait to see how will this turn out. It could be another VGT, but whose?

Back