Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
I feel like this pays more tribute to Matra than does Alpine...I mean long tail French Le Mans car really is more of a Matra-Simca thing...

Matra-MS650.jpg

FicheTech660.jpg

Le%20Mans%201970%20%2331%20Matra%20660%20LH-2.jpg

Just because you see a car in a trailer doesn't mean it's ready for release. There could still be tweaking and testing the physics to make sure it performs as it should and maybe putting finishing touches on the model.
Excatly, although it is funny to announce this early. Than again, it was announced at a auto show so, nothing wrong with that.

Excatly, although it is funny to announce this early. Than again, it was announced at a auto show so, nothing wrong with that.
That kind of tells you that they had to organize everything around the auto show. The real car is on display so even if the virtual car isn't ready, they have no choice but to tease it right now because it would look silly if the car was in the Auto Show with no mention of it in the game. It's just a timing issue, nothing to worry about. When you have to coordinate the real and virtual world, things don't always the way you want them to:sly:

2:20 in the trailer, TV is showing gameplay, but I can't recognize the circuit.

Can someone help me?

Looks like Spa from what I can tell

I took a good look and the track doesn't match either of those. Suzuka has elevation changes, but not at all hilly like that. Same goes for Spa. In-fact, I don't think there's a single licensed or fictional track like that. So either its something made up just for that press or its a new track (unlikely yet at the same time, maybe). Either way, I can't find any track on GT6 that looks like that.

I took a good look and the track doesn't match either of those. Suzuka has elevation changes, but not at all hilly like that. Same goes for Spa. In-fact, I don't think there's a single licensed or fictional track like that. So either its something made up just for that press or its a new track (unlikely yet at the same time, maybe). Either way, I can't find any track on GT6 that looks like that.

Maybe it's Le Mans? I dunno, could be that track... Actually, I can't really tell, the section shown in that part of the video isn't something I've seen in other GT games. It could a PR trick, or an actual new track, who knows?

Looks very Suzuka to me, but I don't think it's really Suzuka. Doesn't match Motegi either.

I wonder how it will feel driving it, something remarkable with a deep soul and unique feel or just another race car totally planted on track and somehow lifeless, hopefuly the former.

I wonder how it will feel driving it, something remarkable with a deep soul and unique feel or just another race car totally planted on track and somehow lifeless, hopefuly the former.

I also hope it's the former. At least the specs seem promising on paper; this is not a 4WD hybrid GT car like most VGT cars, so that's a start. Hopefully, the Alpine brand's smooth handling and sharpness will also be a part of the car.

Maybe it's Le Mans? I dunno, could be that track... Actually, I can't really tell, the section shown in that part of the video isn't something I've seen in other GT games. It could a PR trick, or an actual new track, who knows?
Bugatti Circuit? You can see its course map at the cockpit's HUD screen on one of the Alpine's photos. @doblocruiser also captured it (post #274) ;)

Bugatti Circuit? You can see its course map at the cockpit's HUD screen on one of the Alpine's photos. @doblocruiser also captured it (post #274) ;)

Do find a corner similar to the one shown on the video and you will be right. I don't quite remember how the Bugatti Circuit looks like, so there needs to be a visual proof of what you're suggesting.

Do find a corner similar to the one shown on the video and you will be right. I don't quite remember how the Bugatti Circuit looks like, so there needs to be a visual proof of what you're suggesting.
Just watched an onboard video at the Bugatti Circuit and I could not find something similar to what we've seen in the trailer

This is the video I saw (Really nice video, BTW)

I have a feeling that it is actually a new circuit, becuase I can't remember a fenceless mound after a corner, in any track of the game.

I don't think it's Bugatti either, I can't see red barriers like the ones present in the shots

I agree, unless they changed the landscape, I highly doubt it's the Bugatti circuit. See below:

Just watched an onboard video at the Bugatti Circuit and I could not find something similar to what we've seen in the trailer

This is the video I saw

I have a feeling that it is actually a new circuit, becuase I can remember a fenceless mound after a corner.

I think it looks more like COTA

Can it be COTA? Isn't that in Arizona? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that area mostly arid environment?

COTA's in Austin, Texas if I'm not mistaken. It's inclusion within a future GT6 version would be no big surprise actually.

Wait... wait... wait... that is ingame footage of the Bugatti Circuit? Hmmmmm get hype.
We have a 1% possibility until someone finds what's the track shown in the video (of course it would be a track or just a kind of demonstration to promote the Alpine....)

Last edited:
I think it looks more like COTA
To be fair, there are lots of trees in the background and COTA... well.. Texas..
Can it be COTA? Isn't that in Arizona? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that area mostly arid environment?
It's in Texas. I don't remember watching a tree around the circuit..

This is driving the thread off topic.. is this worth a new thread?

"POSSIBLE new track spotted at the new Alpine VGT Trailer"

It's in Texas. I don't remember watching a tree around the circuit..

This is driving the thread off topic.. is this worth a new thread?

"POSSIBLE new track spotted at the new Alpine VGT Trailer"

Yes, that's my train of thought, Texas isn't the most forested area I know of...

And yes, perhaps it's better to speculate on another thread, and keep this one on topic about the Alpine VGT.

I feel like this pays more tribute to Matra than does Alpine...I mean long tail French Le Mans car really is more of a Matra-Simca thing...

Even though for instance, that Matra 660 you posted came after the A220 that this was partially inspired by? ;)

In fact, Matra's Le Mans cars came after Alpine's so it was Alpine that did it first.

I don't think so, because the curbs in the trailer are way to flat compared to the Nurb GP circuit. They also are more "rounder" if you know what I mean. It could be Spa...

Back