Alt Account - how, and why?

Further to those who claim alt users are bad sports...This is my main. I raced it 1-3 or so races per day 95 percent of it. I will only race it in longer races where I feel I have control over sr with good matching.
That means the FIA events.
In dailies I have far less sr control.
I’ll be facing 99 percent lower drivers and if they hit me everything’s my fault. It’s ASS BACKWARDS if you think about it on principle. In a racing incident whose more likely at fault? Me with this record? Or a guy at 25k whose in his first ever 99 lobby?
Lol THE GAME GIVES FAULT TO ME OVER THE INEXPERIENCED DIRTY PLAYERS ITS STUPID!

A32BE5CA-9CCD-4326-A77C-5A84035C1F6C.jpeg

Yes there’s a few dips in sr but I’m proud of this.
You wanna call me a bad sport? Fine.
See you in game!

Last edited:
But think about it you enter a daily on main. You’re facing ten alts whose alt ranking is half main. You got Joe streamer last to first challenge guy starting last, you got just a few real competitors oh yeah maybe 1-2 world tour guys at the front...
That’s too split NA daily.

In both the races last night, there were a couple of high B guys who were matched into the Top Split room. I honestly feel bad for them. They likely have the pace to be A drivers but when participation is low like it has been this week, it is really difficult not to lose DR. The B to A hump is unnecessarily large in NA because of this.

At Bathurst last week, my alt was matched into A/B rooms at low 30k rather than the 3/4 A+/A and B fillers we had last night. Actually, Laguna and Spa were also all A+/A in the top split too. I think that the SF cars and the penalty system being especially harsh is scaring folks away from the races, and that makes the matching worse than normal.

People who do it are better players with more control than 99 percent of players in game, and alts provide positive benefit too by allowing better players to participate, thus raising the standards for all.

It's amazing how much closer the racing is in these rooms. In the low SR lobbies yesterday, I was leaving a second + gap to those in front coming into certain corners. I followed Max much, much closer last night. Evidently you lose some downforce that way, though :banghead: :lol:

Ultimately though, in my heart of hearts I’d like to see one acct per player. You’ll never get that though.

If the penalty system was fair, I'd be more interested. But I'd also play less, because I wouldn't bother with combos that might be fun even though I'm not fast.

It's amazing how much closer the racing is in these rooms. In the low SR lobbies yesterday, I was leaving a second + gap to those in front coming into certain corners

Low rooms sr wise on NA people are generally clueless slow and dirty.

At Bathurst last week, my alt was matched into A/B rooms at low 30k rather than the 3/4 A+/A and B fillers we had last night

Bathurst was phenomenal. I raced a TON. Full A plus A rooms, the races looked real on replay I got maybe one or two red S races but never dropped below 94 all week.
Good players love Bathurst and gr3. The pen system was set perfectly there imo.
If I knew C race was set on hair trigger pens yesterday I would have been a lot more careful.
Last time we had Suzuka it wasn’t like this. Now that I know it’s set this way I will be fine.
I actually like and agree it should be quite strict on this combination. I just dislike certain aspects of how blame happens for contact.

If I go over my replay last night going from S to A in one race, I dunno.
I felt bad for the I think greenish car in the esses I MAYBE should have slowed but I was so far past and braking and waiting there I would get assasinated from behind...
Early in the race is quite dangerous in this game. It’s best to stay on racing line. When green got a little loose and wide I pretty much couldn’t slow, for fear of getting taken out.
One of my personal biggest issues in game is people BEHIND me when people in FRONT of me make mistakes. 99 percent of time I won’t hit a guy bobbling in front of me I’ll just lift or slow, but 99 percent of time if there’s somebody behind me they’ll just hit me if I’m slowing they seem unable to accept there’s others on track.
So early in race if someone goes offline I fill the gap, for my own safety.

Last edited:
Low rooms sr wise on NA people are generally clueless slow and dirty.

Bathurst was phenomenal. I raced a TON. Full A plus A rooms, the races looked real on replay I got maybe one or two red S races but never dropped below 94 all week.
Good players love Bathurst and gr3. The pen system was set perfectly there imo.
If I knew C race was set on hair trigger pens yesterday I would have been a lot more careful.
Last time we had Suzuka it wasn’t like this. Now that I know it’s set this way I will be fine.
I actually like and agree it should be quite strict on this combination. I just dislike certain aspects of how blame happens for contact.

If I go over my replay last night going from S to A in one race, I dunno.
I felt bad for the I think greenish car in the esses I MAYBE should have slowed but I was so far past and braking and waiting there I would get assasinated from behind...
Early in the race is quite dangerous in this game. It’s best to stay on racing line. When green got a little loose and wide I pretty much couldn’t slow, for fear of getting taken out.
One of my personal biggest issues in game is people BEHIND me when people in FRONT of me make mistakes. 99 percent of time I won’t hit a guy bobbling in front of me I’ll just lift or slow, but 99 percent of time if there’s somebody behind me they’ll just hit me if I’m slowing they seem unable to accept there’s others on track.
So early in race if someone goes offline I fill the gap, for my own safety.
I agree. Combos like Suzuka this week, though really fun, and sometimes some of the best racing, can be dangerous. Even though I race from the back on my alt, I always look at the Q times to figure where I would have qualified, and get a feel for how fast the guys around me are. Early I hug the inside and go as fast as the people in front let me. If I can go by clean at the apex, or someone goes wide, I take it because penalties from being rear ended are a killer. I think what suprises me most, though, is what I sometimes see out of the "faster" cars in front of me. I'm in the top 10 mid race last night, and my high 38 would have put me around 8th on my main. Some of these guys qualified more than a second and a half faster than my best so far, yet I'm gaining 1 1/2 seconds just coming into T1 and the esses. I went from 8th to 3rd in 4 laps against A drivers that qualified, in some cases, about 2 seconds faster than my best. My fastest lap of the race was the last.

Maybe some of these guys should run from the back and work on racecraft.

I agree. Combos like Suzuka this week, though really fun, and sometimes some of the best racing, can be dangerous. Even though I race from the back on my alt, I always look at the Q times to figure where I would have qualified, and get a feel for how fast the guys around me are. Early I hug the inside and go as fast as the people in front let me. If I can go by clean at the apex, or someone goes wide, I take it because penalties from being rear ended are a killer. I think what suprises me most, though, is what I sometimes see out of the "faster" cars in front of me. I'm in the top 10 mid race last night, and my high 38 would have put me around 8th on my main. Some of these guys qualified more than a second and a half faster than my best so far, yet I'm gaining 1 1/2 seconds just coming into T1 and the esses. I went from 8th to 3rd in 4 laps against A drivers that qualified, in some cases, about 2 seconds faster than my best. My fastest lap of the race was the last.

Maybe some of these guys should run from the back and work on racecraft.

Maybe. :)
The only reason I’m rebuilding on B race is so I can play Suzuka. It’s fun.

Even though the first race I did there last night was only 8th, I fought for that position for 3 laps with another guy that (I think) ran no Q. I tried the outside of T1, the outside of Degner 1, both long straights. Stayed clean with a couple of touches, lots of side by side. Finaly got by him between the 1st and 2nd part of spoon...he got a bit wide and I goosed it to get underneath. Defender into the chicane and made it stick. Best battle in weeks!

When you do something wrong and don't get punished then get a penalty for nothing it doesn't teach you anything. I realise that no penalty system can be 100%, but the one we have is terrible, in one game I got 4 pens in one lap and caused by being rear ended, cars re-entering badly and being rammed. The system needs to be a bit better so that people can see when they have done something wrong. Conversely a system with no clue that penalised everyone for every contact would probably work better than what we have, if you know that all contact is bad you'll try and avoid it. Why avoid contact in this game when you've as much chance of giving a pen as receiving one and lately it's seemed that the instigator generally gets no pen.

To add to that, there should at least be a weak penalty system in the single player (yeah I know - how else are you supposed to.pass the weak AI?). Because you're right, there are players who just don't get the whole clean driving thing.

I pretty much only use my alt when I feel like I'm racing with 10 year olds around the track. Thankfully in FIA you don't run into many. I'd imagine if I was just a kid, I'd be getting reset and winning all the time :lol: you're not always racing with mature or like minded individuals.

I don't mind racing people's alternate accounts in dailies. If they are fast it doesn't matter just means they'll push me to get better and the dailies are there for fun anyway.

Potentially true, but then you also get the guys who have rage issues who have an alt account to enter a race they know will be a barge fest so they can join in on the festivities and not worry about their main account being affected. Which is just really poor sportsmanship but human nature for some. Soooo... yeah.

That’s what my first alt account was for. After using it for that purpose for a few months, the novelty of a separate account for revenge wore off. I then just drove it like my main. I had it right around the same DR as my main at one time. Then, the FF smash-a-thon began & 2 of my 3 accounts dropped SR quickly, which got my DR reset. My 3rd account is the best looking of them & I keep it locked up for fear of it being destroyed.

If you get reset from Suzuka, you might as well just keep playing. Like I said months ago, if you’re going to be abused by other drivers & knocked back down the rankings, pick up a few easy wins.

I have an sr s and dr d. I can normally qualify in the top third of the grid, but from there on it seems to go wrong, unless I am lucky enough to avoid some chaos at the first turn etc. I am at the point of thinking is it worth qualifying at all and starting from the back at each race and being content to follow from the back and pass when other drivers have an off etc. I really don't want an alt account, but every time I get near to dr c I get caught up in a wrecking race and the disaster that comes with it. I have only been playing a few months, but this is so frustrating. Apologies if this is not in the right place.

I have an sr s and dr d. I can normally qualify in the top third of the grid, but from there on it seems to go wrong, unless I am lucky enough to avoid some chaos at the first turn etc. I am at the point of thinking is it worth qualifying at all and starting from the back at each race and being content to follow from the back and pass when other drivers have an off etc. I really don't want an alt account, but every time I get near to dr c I get caught up in a wrecking race and the disaster that comes with it. I have only been playing a few months, but this is so frustrating. Apologies if this is not in the right place.
You gotta grind your qualifying. I'm new as well and a B driver and my qualifying times are typically 3 to 4 seconds back of the tippy top times in the region or world and you'd be surprised how often such a relatively slow time will get you put to the front. Even pole position.

*edit - sorry, it didn't register that you seem to be good with qualifying. My bad. I think I've been lucky a few times with having trustworthy people behind me when I get pole. Just get lucky. But top 5 as a goal and a top ten as a secondary goal has helped me.

And one thing that has helped my nerves is getting high and just telling myself while I'm racing that I'm happy with a top ten. Let erratic drivers pass you and a lot of the time, you can easily pass them later. If you get a ton of top 5 finishes, you shoot up in DR. At least that is what happened to me.

Last edited:
You need to learn how to adjust your driving. Being fast in qualfying means you can do the basic stuff, follow your line, hit your braking markers etc etc.
But in traffic you need to adjust to the people around you. To learn to recognise who is reckless and who is careful.
The only way is keep on trying and learning from the experience.
And here is a good place to learn stuff:

Good luck!

They do it to get paired with slower drivers so they can get easy wins. It happens all the time - and rather negates your point.
So you are saying the alphabet drivers will go to the slower drivers for the easy race on their alternate account for bettering their class of driver rating . That’s very sad to hear they ruin the rookies chance of a win. Maybe the “all the time” is times to many.

Last edited:
So you are saying
Generally when someone says this, what follows is an inaccurate reinterpretation of what was originally said...
the alphabet drivers will go to the slower drivers for the easy race on their alternate account so they better their class of driver rating .
... and there it is. I am saying what I said, not what you want to reinterpret it as. Don't interpret, read.

Drivers might do it with a second account, but they very definitely do it with their main account, which is what I said. They don't do it to improve their driver rating - which wouldn't make any sense anyway, because they have to drop their driver rating first - but to get easy wins, which is what I said:

I use the word cheating in a post to describe a feeling I get that my finish in any daily race could be tarnish by drivers using alt-accounts.
It could also be tarnished by drivers using their main accounts but resetting them to lower DR on purpose for easier wins. You will never know.
I don’t know why someone would want to lower their driver rating there is no win with that thinking .
They do it to get paired with slower drivers so they can get easy wins. It happens all the time - and rather negates your point.
Your crusade against "alt" accounts is based on you not knowing whether the people you're racing are genuinely ranked where they're supposed to be. My point here is that you cannot know this for single accounts either, because people manipulate their rankings on their main account too.

You can only beat what's in front of you. It's a waste of time worrying about whether it's someone's second (or third, or fourth) account, or someone who's been gaming the SR system to get their DR down to get matched with slower drivers for easier wins, or Valtteri Bottas who's just got into it and started at E/B like everyone else. Just race.

You need to learn how to adjust your driving. Being fast in qualfying means you can do the basic stuff, follow your line, hit your braking markers etc etc.
But in traffic you need to adjust to the people around you. To learn to recognise who is reckless and who is careful.
The only way is keep on trying and learning from the experience.
And here is a good place to learn stuff:

Good luck!

Lovely, thank you. Will have a look when free time appears.

if you’re going to be abused by other drivers & knocked back down the rankings, pick up a few easy wins.

That’s like being tortured for many of us here because we want good racing not being in timeout and hotlap ping for pseudo wins.
When SR drops too far, for many of us here we might as well be banned from sport mode until we recover to good matching where we can actually get a race.
It’s opposite being happy about finishing ahead. It’s actually being punished.

Generally when someone says this, what follows is an inaccurate reinterpretation of what was originally said...

... and there it is. I am saying what I said, not what you want to reinterpret it as. Don't interpret, read.

Drivers might do it with a second account, but they very definitely do it with their main account, which is what I said. They don't do it to improve their driver rating - which wouldn't make any sense anyway, because they have to drop their driver rating first - but to get easy wins, which is what I said:

Your crusade against "alt" accounts is based on you not knowing whether the people you're racing are genuinely ranked where they're supposed to be. My point here is that you cannot know this for single accounts either, because people manipulate their rankings on their main account too.

You can only beat what's in front of you. It's a waste of time worrying about whether it's someone's second (or third, or fourth) account, or someone who's been gaming the SR system to get their DR down to get matched with slower drivers for easier wins, or Valtteri Bottas who's just got into it and started at E/B like everyone else. Just race.
If alt- accounts hide a driver ability to pass a rookie who is matched up in time trials for a race. Then YES to my crusade . Fake names in alt-accounts are preying on the rookies taking their chances to move up in their ratings and the accomplishments . I don’t need to win but if I pass a alphabet alt- account holders give me the accomplishments , not the song and dance of made up names saving their ratings.

If alt- accounts hide a driver ability to pass a rookie who is matched up in time trials for a race. Then YES to my crusade . Fake names in alt-accounts are preying on the rookies taking their chances to move up in their ratings and the accomplishments . I don’t need to win but if I pass a alphabet alt- account holders give me the accomplishments , not the song and dance of made up names saving their ratings.
I genuinely have no idea what you're saying here, because it's gibberish pocked with vague lucidity... but it also doesn't address in any way anything I said.

People tank their DR on main accounts to get easy wins for their win stats (and the Trophy for doing it). That is "preying on the rookies" to get cheap wins. You don't seem to want to acknowledge that this is a thing, and switch back to "alt accounts are cheating because I don't know if I'm racing people with genuine driver ratings", even though the whole concept of DR tanking on a main account destroys this idea. Which is probably why you don't want to acknowledge it.

@Junkman55 I think your initial point about taking pride in your original account was a good one. But rather than presenting that as a consideration to the OP you attacked all alt account users as cheaters. You’ve been fighting everyone of them since and lost the ground you were standing on to better arguments. You keep trying to take a wide stance with a narrow point. To paraphrase Marcellus Wallace from Pulp Fiction, pride is ****ing with you. Pride only hurts, it never helps.

Sorry for not being able to communicate
Let's try this. I have 2 accounts, my main in my region, Asia, and my alt in the Americas. I have my alt in order to race with friends in the americas and sometimes for some races where I know it will be fun but most likely carnage. Monza from a standing start is one that comes to mind. Also if I am racing at a quiet time of day for my region and I can find full and fast grids in the Americas.

Both have near enough the same name, you know me if you see me, one just has 3 team letters in front. Despite a second account you will get my best race when I line up. While I screw up plenty, I am still doing the beat I can for that race. I only compete in FIA on my main, and I still take it out in most any race, including said Monza races, the Super Formulas this week and others.

I can not boost my ratings on one account by racing the other. But sometimes having the alt is the only way to get a race. I tried a race before work this week, it had 4 people in the race C lobby. I was on pole by over a second, had a 4 second lead by the degners on lap 2 and lapped p4 by the end. That isn't a race, it is rubbish. I gain nothing but hot laps and the others just get demoralized. I was able to switch to my alt and get loaded into lobbies with people at my speed that provided real racing, with me getting thrashed by several and having to work hard to stay top 10.

By your logic I should have stayed seal clubbing on my main, but that is what you think people have an alt for. My alt provided me with the chance to actually race instead. Not take things from people learning and coming up.

Having an alt is up to you, and I can understand not wanting one or thinking it is a shady thing to do. However, race plenty and you get to know the names and drivers, alt account or not. I have a good list in my head of drivers I can trust and drivers who are scum, In both regions, and I am sure some are alt accounts. But I know how to race the name I see rather than guess at whether it is a main or alt. I take it at face value and deal with it. I give my best and I expect the others to do so as well.

That's all I can do, they make their choices and I'll race my best regardless.

Last edited:
Let's try this. I have 2 accounts, my main in my region, Asia, and my alt in the Americas. I have my alt in order to race with friends in the americas and sometimes for some races where I know it will be fun but most likely carnage. Monza from a standing start is one that comes to mind. Also if I am racing at a quiet time of day for my region and I can find full and fast grids in the Americas.

Both have near enough the same name, you know me if you see me, one just has 3 team letters in front. Despite a second account you will get my best race when I line up. While I screw up plenty, I am still doing the beat I can for that race. I only compete in FIA on my main, and I still take it out in most any race, including said Monza races, the Super Formulas this week and others.

I can not boost my ratings on one account by racing the other. But sometimes having the alt is the only way to get a race. I tried a race before work this week, it had 4 people in the race C lobby. I was on pole by over a second, had a 4 second lead by the degners on lap 2 and lapped p4 by the end. That isn't a race, it is rubbish. I gain nothing but hot laps and the others just get demoralized. I was able to switch to my alt and get loaded into lobbies with people at my speed that provided real racing, with me getting thrashed by several and having to work hard to stay top 10.

By your logic I should have stayed seal clubbing on my main, but that is what you think people have an alt for. My alt provided me with the chance to actually race instead. Not take things from people learning and coming up.

Having an alt is up to you, and I can understand not wanting one or thinking it is a shady thing to do. However, race plenty and you get to know the names and drivers, alt account or not. I have a good list in my head of drivers I can trust and drivers who are scum, In both regions, and I am sure some are alt accounts. But I know how to race the name I see rather than guess at whether it is a main or alt. I take it at face value and deal with it. I give my best and I expect the others to do so as well.

That's all I can do, they make their choices and I'll race my best regardless.
Quoted for emphasis! And this is exactly why I have an alt.

Last edited:
Here’s an example of a main account that gets reset on purpose to get cheap wins. This will show you it doesn’t matter what type of account it is. From the looks of it, this is an day 1 account. @RacingGrandpa this is that guy now lol.

To purposely get reset, that’s cheating.

View attachment 991308 View attachment 991309

Hard to tell but are the ratings D/D with a 74.74 K score? Dead give away for me that something is off.

Back