Am i doing something wrong?

• Thread starter brysonwong
  • 105 comments
if steering lock can be modified in real life then why not do it in the game... but because not everyone can do it or not everyone uses it make it have an advantage over others

We can't adjust wheels offsets or castor either. Or air/fuel ratios, cam grinds (or porting on rotaries), engine displacement, numerically-entered gear ratios, separate final drive ratios (sometimes I just want a slightly taller or shorter final), and countless other variables that can be adjusted in real life. Clearly, it's a real driving simulator and not a real tuning simulator. True enthusiasts are left out.

One thing I would like to see (although it would be tricky to implement and use in-game) is a way to moderate the front brakes with the push of a button. The idea sprang to mind when I remembered a video from Ken Block or some other WRC driver saying there is a small lever on the handbrake that allows them to moderate the front brakes. I am not trying to start a RWD vs AWD argument, but I just thought I'd share this.

This thread just surprised me on how hypocritical some people can be. It is a hack, so as the hybrids with chassis and engine swaps, which were used on comps. I don't use it. I tandem with people that use it with no problem. They use it only for fun, not on comps, so the fact you call it a cheat goes beyond ignorant. It is realistic and doesn't cover the fact that the person has mad skills. And the fact that most of you go by Keep Drifting Fun is a disgrace. Why did we used chassis and engine mods? Why do people use Steering angle?...Why do we drift? Why do we spend hours on tuning a car to drift with and spend even more hours tandeming with your friends? We do it for fun.

DriftShiro
This thread just surprised me on how hypocritical some people can be. It is a hack, so as the hybrids with chassis and engine swaps, which were used on comps. I don't use it. I tandem with people that use it with no problem. They use it only for fun, not on comps, so the fact you call it a cheat goes beyond ignorant. It is realistic and doesn't cover the fact that the person has mad skills. And the fact that most of you go by Keep Drifting Fun is a disgrace. Why did we used chassis and engine mods? Why do people use Steering angle?...Why do we drift? Why do we spend hours on tuning a car to drift with and spend even more hours tandeming with your friends? We do it for fun.

Well said Shiro, well said

Apparently this is too difficult for some to comprehend.

I'm rather glad it's slowed you down a bit TBH. Not glad you continue to get even stupider amounts of angle for even longer periods of time like it's a Sunday stroll through the park. Makes chasing you a real pain in the (_Y_) at times, but in a good way...
:lol: I was getting mad angle before. I push the limits of the car to find them. I will say it makes catching up while chasing difficult when before it wasn't that bad.

I do feel you on the reverse entries at every corner though. *COUGH* LayNLow *COUGH* :lol:. You're my boy but 🤬 it's not easy to follow closely.
Cmon man, step your game up son!

Exactly well said.

I am the same way. I hardly ever use the full rotation too. No need to do that all the time. There is a lot to this than just the angle itself. Some will not see it, some will.

Yeah Low was goes crazy. He always has. I haven't seen him in a long time though. I also haven't seen you in a long time. What account you using these days?
I definitely see more to the picture than most, as some of you know. ;) You know me pretty well then. I go hard, now even harder. What is your PSN? I am still on the same PSN as before. Send me a message or request and I will add you.

:lol: I was getting mad angle before. I push the limits of the car to find them. I will say it makes catching up while chasing difficult when before it wasn't that bad.

Cmon man, step your game up son!

Blinded by your 4 wheel tire smoke mixing with the smoke floating about the room in front of my TV, like a hazy fog, LOL.

This. *agxhajajdjakg*

It is very exciting following ( chasing ) cars with the steering mod to be honest but yea..... how bought we try it on the fiat 500 that will be very interesting. :banghead:

Last edited:
I don't know you, and no one important has ever mentioned you to me. This means you're not worth my time.

If its any consolation, your team leader (Driftworks slide) is decent enough, and one of the better Kiwi/Aussie drifters. If you can outdrift him in every way, then maybe I'll pay you some attention.

I could say the same for you ?? but i am not,i am challenging you ...

After getting back on gt5 for a few days... i see why some people don't like the steering hack. You expect a car you're following to act a certain way, that's no longer the case.

In my opinion, it's actually fun and challenging to follow a person with an angle hack (I don't take this hack negatively). I really don't mind it. It makes it more fun. It's something new, which is great because it keeps GT5 alive 👍

EDIT: I wish I have a wheel to try out these awesome steering locks that you guys are talking about.

For now, we should all just have fun and wait for GT6 :)

Last edited:
In my opinion, it's actually fun and challenging to follow a person with an angle hack (I don't take this hack negatively). I really don't mind it. It makes it more fun. It's something new, which is great because it keeps GT5 alive 👍

EDIT: I wish I have a wheel to try out these awesome steering locks that you guys are talking about.

For now, we should all just have fun and wait for GT6 :)

Your better off trying it on ds3 trust me it don't feel good on a wheel at all. I don't mind people using it but I have tried it and don't like it. I don't like the fact that you loose your FFB feel past a certain angle.

Reddee
Your better off trying it on ds3 trust me it don't feel good on a wheel at all. I don't mind people using it but I have tried it and don't like it. I don't like the fact that you loose your FFB feel past a certain angle.
No. It sounds like you only tried the unrealistic settings for it. There's a limit on how much you can use to be realistic.

I have no problem with it on a wheel. And I am using the same wheel as you. Hit me up when I get online later today, and I'll hook you up with one of my cars. I believe it is the setting you used when you tried it. It actually feels realistic to me. GT5 does a good job at simulating the extra steering angle. You should have another go with it. I'll talk to you later today. I am about to head to bed.

Last edited:
No. It sounds like you only tried the unrealistic settings for it. There's a limit on how much you can use to be realistic.

I have no problem with it on a wheel. And I am using the same wheel as you. Hit me up when I get online later today, and I'll hook you up with one of my cars. I believe it is the setting you used when you tried it. It actually feels realistic to me. GT5 does a good job at simulating the extra steering angle. You should have another go with it. I'll talk to you later today. I am about to head to bed.

My 300z has 39 and it feels well weird.

I don't know you, and no one important has ever mentioned you to me. This means you're not worth my time.
If its any consolation, your team leader (Driftworks slide) is decent enough, and one of the better Kiwi/Aussie drifters. If you can outdrift him in every way, then maybe I'll pay you some attention.

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY GhostZ
WOW what an ego, You take a XXXL helmet & the doorways in your house are a ft or 2 wider than usual am I right ?

I had those exact words spoken to me by one ChampionAbsolute while drifting online. He, too, was obscenely arrogant. Makes me wonder...

Reddee
My 300z has 39 and it feels well weird.

Not every car needs that much Dean. That number is basically Wisefab, which if your suspension isn't made for it, it will feel like crap.

So there's your problem.

The angle hack doesn't work for DS3 for drifting (in my experience). I tried it. The only time it works is when your car is going reverse while you steer left and right :lol:. I made a lowrider to test it out :)

lowrider_zps7cfb9754.jpg

The angle hack doesn't work for DS3 for drifting (in my experience). I tried it. The only time it works is when your car is going reverse while you steer left and right :lol:. I made a lowrider to test it out :)

Hahahaha!!! That looks awesome! Shame it doesn't work on DS3. I wanted to try it. :(

RICEFREAK

I'll give you proper settings Rice. Looks like once again someone gave you a very very unrealistic setting judging by how the wheels are turned in such a stupid unrealistic way. When will you be online?

CallmeDan
Hahahaha!!! That looks awesome! Shame it doesn't work on DS3. I wanted to try it. :(

I'll help you out too there Dan. The thing is you have to use it in a realistic way, if not it won't work correctly.

Don't refer to NGU for it. I am the one that has the realistic settings, I have tested it long before it was on NGU.

:lol: thanks man! You should try it and let me know if it works for you.

I'll give you proper settings Rice. Looks like once again someone gave you a very very unrealistic setting. When will you be online?

I'm actually the one that rocked this unrealistic settings (360 steering):lol:. It didn't feel any different when drifting. The last time I tried this was like a month ago and I gave up drifting it haha. Anyways, I'm all good man thank you though 👍. I don't think it will work no matter what settings I rock. I think it will only make a difference if I have a wheel.

I'll be on after I hit the gym 👍

I'll help you out too there Dan. The thing is you have to use it in a realistic way, if not it won't work correctly.

Don't refer to NGU for it. I am the one that has the realistic settings, I have tested it long before it was on NGU.

Ok. I sent you a friend request on PSN.

:lol: thanks man! You should try it and let me know if it works for you.

I'll be sure to. ;)

Rice, check your PM box.
CallmeDan
Ok. I sent you a friend request on PSN.

Ok. Well I got someone coming to fix my AC. I'll be available tomorrow to walk you through everything.

It definitely does work for DS3. The reason why people dont notice a difference is because they're too twitchy on the controller. If you actually try to be smooth you'll notice a huge difference.

Back