Am I the fastest racer in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, guys...

R11-8-2__23680.1517515202.jpg

Never played it, probably never will unless in a professional environment.

What I'm trying to prove is that there is rarely ever a correlation between speed in sims and speed in real life. Hell, maybe you are the exception. But what are you doing talking to us then? Go out, find sponsors, find some guy who doesn't think a background in sim racing is a waste of time (believe me that's the hardest part) and prove that you're good. Until then you're just a bunch of words on a screen.

I have many traits of the Stig. The Stig is the fastest racer on Top Gear. I have social anxiety and the idea of having to socially interact with a sponsor fills me with anxiety.

Track days are way cheaper than $500.

Also, as I said, autocross is really reasonable in terms of price if you can't afford to go to the track. Some of the best amateur racers in the US are in SCCA Solo and you'd certainly have your work cut out for you.

I think society has more pressing issues than that.
Enthusiasm is the lifeblood of society. We need to bring back the racing culture we once had.

Speaking of Enthusiasm, there is an old game called Enthusia Racing which apparently is the most realistic sim ever.

On autocross I see this website, https://www.scca.com/pages/autocross, do I need a sports car to race? How does it work?

I'm able to go Karting, yes.
I even managed to set the lap record (this is what I was told, but probably a mistranslation) for an FIA go kart track in Italy. This despite being poverty incarnate.

Message sent from gaming rig
That is good. Did they ever upgrade you to car racing?

SVX
I'll bite.

Gran Turismo 4 - Amuse S2000 R1 '04 - Sports Mediums - Arcade Mode - no performance adjustment.

Let me know what time you get @TheRealRacer 👍
I assume the track you want me to race is, Tskuba?

Last edited by a moderator:
At least I am not 200k in debt living in loans like most Americans though.

You enjoy toxic shows like Seinfield

Ah, okay.

I stated earlier than Kart racing is dangerous, with explosions.

And blue shells.

I have done extensive research...I have watched detailed videos showcasing the numerous handling flaws of GTS.

And yet here you are lecturing people on the superiority of your potential real life performance. Just get out there and drive.

I used to have a driver's license

Oh.

And yet here you are lecturing people on the superiority of your potential real life performance. Just get out there and drive.

Oh.
I want to, I just don't have the money or the social confidence. If you watch Top Gear, I am similar to Stig.

OP, post a video of this hot lap time. If you're fastest, you'd be wanting to post it to let people learn the tricks.

...right?

Hate to break the new to you, but all racing is dangerous. If you can't stomach karting you'll fail when it comes to the actually fast cars.

What you seemed to have misunderstood, is that going fast in a video game requires zero guts (for lack of a better word). Racing IRL or even driving quickly requires you to be comfortable with being on the edge of your own and the car/karts ability. From what you've said you are incapable and/or unwilling to do this. So the only conclusion anyone can draw is that you're probably decent at video game time trails and that's it.

Sorry kid.
I always win at real life karts. The fastest karts I have raced is 40mph karts. Carts that go 100mph seem really dangerous, they were not built with safety in mind. I simply want a basic roll cage so I don't hurt my neck is all. I have seen videos of karts litterally exploding, people landing on their necks, etc. I am not interested in F1 racing at 250 mph. I just want to race regular cars.

On autocross I see this website, https://www.scca.com/pages/autocross, do I need a sports car to race? How does it work?

You can race virtually any car that can pass a simple tech inspection. So basically it needs seatbelts and can't be held together with duct tape. My Neon is built from mostly junkyard parts and it passes tech every single time without issue. And the car really can be almost anything. I've seen people race everything from a rented Kia Rio all the way to a purpose built single seater.

As for how it works, basically, it's a road course set up in a parking lot (or if you do rallycross in a field). You typically get eight runs through the course to set the best possible time and you compete against cars that are similar in performance. When you're not racing, you're typically out on the course to report to race central that someone hit a cone.

Speeds are typically less than 70mph and depending on the car you can run the whole course in 2nd gear. It's mostly about how well you drive instead of how good your car is. I've seen people beat a time set by a Corvette while they're in some stock econobox. It's all really safe too and there's rarely an incident. The worst you'll probably do is spin out.

It's fun, easy to pick up, and everyone is typically pretty welcoming. Although I find rallycross to have a better group of people since virtually none of them take it too seriously and just want to slide around in the dirt.

OP, post a video of this hot lap time. If you're fastest, you'd be wanting to post it to let people learn the tricks.

...right?

I forgot to save the video of GT4, and I don't want my rivals to steal my race line lol. As for RFactor2, I don't know how to save lap times of it, I'll have to record it using Windows or Fraps or something.

I forgot to save the video of GT4, and I don't want my rivals to steal my race line lol. As for RFactor2, I don't know how to save lap times of it, I'll have to record it using Windows or Fraps or something.

You'd do well to post at least some sort of proof to convince people of your fast times.

You can race virtually any car that can pass a simple tech inspection. So basically it needs seatbelts and can't be held together with duct tape. My Neon is built from mostly junkyard parts and it passes tech every single time without issue. And the car really can be almost anything. I've seen people race everything from a rented Kia Rio all the way to a purpose built single seater.

As for how it works, basically, it's a road course set up in a parking lot (or if you do rallycross in a field). You typically get eight runs through the course to set the best possible time and you compete against cars that are similar in performance. When you're not racing, you're typically out on the course to report to race central that someone hit a cone.

Speeds are typically less than 70mph and depending on the car you can run the whole course in 2nd gear. It's mostly about how well you drive instead of how good your car is. I've seen people beat a time set by a Corvette while they're in some stock econobox. It's all really safe too and there's rarely an incident. The worst you'll probably do is spin out.

It's fun, easy to pick up, and everyone is typically pretty welcoming. Although I find rallycross to have a better group of people since virtually none of them take it too seriously and just want to slide around in the dirt.

I want to make money, is there a prize pool? Because where I live is backwards and charges me 300 or more for insurance a month. Btw, how much money did your Neon cost?

You'd do well to post at least some sort of proof to convince people of your fast times.

Yes I know. My next one I will. I will upload a video of RFactor2 to show you what I mean about the game not working right.

No.

And even if you were, it's too late to start now.

Also, please cut out the double and triple posts. Use the dit button, or the +quote feature, to make sure you don't make more double posts.
My age is irrelevant, there are a lot of legendary older racers.

If you are bragging about potentially being the fastest racer in the world, you probably aren't.

If you really are the best, you would have more than enough evidence to convince us, and you don't have to have a massive ego.
I simply don't have the money to race IRL.

I want to make money, is there a prize pool? Because where I live is backwards and charges me 300 or more for insurance a month. Btw, how much money did your Neon cost?

$300 a month? So Michigan then? That's the state with the highest auto insurance in the nation.

And sometimes there's a prize pool, but it's not very much and is typically just a refund of your entry fee. If you get to the higher levels in Solo you can make a little bit of money though. There are also sponsors too, I know Tire Rack is a huge supporter of pretty much all SCCA events.

The Neon was $500 and we put another $1,500-ish into it by swapping the engine to something a little bigger and redoing the suspension with stock stuff. It's delightfully terrible.

hON3DV6.jpg

OK so I've been kinda watching this cuz this is a hilarious troll, but I'll bite.

I have ADHD and my best drives have been in endurance races. Sure I'm a pretty solid sprint racer, but the longer I can chip away at an opponent, the better I become. And sure I have lapses in judgement when I'm out for a 3-4 hour stint, but as a driver, if you can't sit in the car for more than 20 minutes without feeling uncomfortable, time to find a new hobby. Racing has always been endurance based, even shorter 10-20 lap races. No one's holding 3 lap sprint races.

And let me tell you something. iRacing took the fastest sim racer alive and took him to his best track. The guy was miles off the pace. Didn't have the balls to throw it in when his life was suddenly on the line. It's easy to be fast in a sim knowing that a mistake can be fixed with a reset button.
That guy from Iracing was pretty quick though. It was his first experince with driving a real racing car, offcourse he wasnt up there with the aliens, he even god sick while driving. If he had trained alot and got some more track experince, who knows..

I assume the track you want me to race is, Tskuba?
Ah, yes, sorry!

You're the one who is a troll. You enjoy toxic shows like Seinfield.

Woah woah woah. Hey now! That's a step too far, bucko. The whole 'fastest racer' thing I can live with, but this? It's personal.

Show me what you have with that combo if you want a chance of standing up to a claim like that!

The cheapest race car I can find is a Miata, those are about 2000 dollars. Then 300 dollars or more for me to get my license, then 300 or more dollars for insurance. Then it costs 500 dollars just to race at a track, 200 dollars just for 3 laps. If you know of something cheaper, please let me know ^_^

A good gaming pc costs anywhere from 600-1000 dollars, not even close. I got my PS2 for like 30 bucks tbh. Anyone who has less than 15k income is living in poverty imo. At least I am not 200k in debt living in loans like most Americans though.
Better earn your driving license first. Post your fastest ever replays here when you are on that... Wait..

I used to have a driver's license, and whether or not I do is irrelevant. Practically anyone can learn to drive, having a drivers license is not special, its irrelevant to anything.
Are you a kid? Less than 15 years old? I know you're like 6 years older than me but you certainly not act like one.

You need to know basic driving etiquette before you actually go full racing. It is not special, that's why most people have one.

We, as a society, need to get enthused about racing. I want to see a society that has full lobbies on all race games online. Nascar is dying, this new generation are tired of the repetitive oval loops.

What we need is Kart Racing on TV. I stated earlier than Kart racing is dangerous, with explosions. That will bring back the excitement and what people want to see. It is more human, you can see the actual person driving the kart. There is not enough yaw in racing, people get bored of on rails racing.
Bahahahahahah
2lpxkq.jpg

I am love. My political views, personality, etc. are very unique.
"Unique" lol.

Also for an American you seem to have severe lack of English comprehension. Your question and responses to many of the members here are very disconnected and made little to no sense.

Last edited:
SVX
Ah, yes, sorry!

Woah woah woah. Hey now! That's a step too far, bucko. The whole 'fastest racer' thing I can live with, but this? It's personal.

Show me what you have with that combo if you want a chance of standing up to a claim like that!

The people on here and insulting to me, but if I insult a fictional TV show I'm the one who's taking it personal. Ok.

FYI the reason I insult that show is because it teaches people to behave in a rude manner.

Better earn your driving license first. Post your fastest ever replays here when you are on that... Wait..

Are you a kid? Less than 15 years old? I know you're like 6 years older than me but you certainly not act like one.

You need to know basic driving etiquette before you actually go full racing. It is not special, that's why most people have one.

Bahahahahahah
2lpxkq.jpg

"Unique" lol.

Also for an American you seem to have severe lack of English comprehension. Your question and responses to many of the members here are very disconnected and made little to no sense.

I got A+'s in English, what did you get? My age is 28, obvious if you could read my profile.

The people on here and insulting to me, but if I insult a fictional TV show I'm the one who's taking it personal. Ok.

It was a joke because because of how much I enjoy the show.

Though it definitely makes me sure I want to have the fastest time.

FYI the reason I insult that show is because it teaches people to behave in a rude manner.

It's satire on commonplace America at the time. The characters were literally designed for you to hate them. If anything, it's more a lesson on what not to be. But that's getting away from the topic at hand.

I'm dead curious as to what time you can achieve. I definitely know I'm not the fastest around Tsukuba, but it's definitely my strongest track.

SVX
It was a joke because because of how much I enjoy the show.

Though it definitely makes me sure I want to have the fastest time.

It's satire on commonplace America at the time. The characters were literally designed for you to hate them. If anything, it's more a lesson on what not to be. But that's getting away from the topic at hand.

I'm dead curious as to what time you can achieve. I definitely know I'm not the fastest around Tsukuba, but it's definitely my strongest track.
I shall race it today, if not one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back