Amateur Drift

• Thread starter Jhaqastar
  • 16 comments
Ok.... this is my first "decent" drift (well in my opinion) and I'd like to show you guys... But I'm not really sure if I'm drifting or just power sliding O_o... My drift sucks ok sodon't go saying that i suck, I already know that....

Nah I dont belive your that bad...
What car is that?

And the first part (before spin out) was fast and pretty good looking... Keep going!

hi

how much hp is that lancer making and what tyres do u have on it?

i ask becuase u use the handbrake on almost every corner to start a drift.

it wasn't that bad a bit more practise all u will be set

:cheers:

Well, I have N3 on the front and N2 on the rear with +1 (3.0 on front and 2.0 on rear) on both cambers.... my Hp is 300+.

N2/N3's on a car with 300+hp:eek: :odd: try n1's all over the car u might not need to use the handbrake as much and there was a thread about how to set up the car its one of the sticky's and one sentance i remember from that thread the most is "dont use camber as a way to start a drift"(think thats how it go's some thing like that)so try n1's and u dont need a vid just tell me how u whent with n1's or if u dont want to do that use n2's on the front and n1's on rear and tell us how that go's

:cheers:

Just a small suggestion--> Maybe you should start the habit of using early entries in your drifts. I just felt that you had almost entered each corners late. I understand you might be trying to practise your drifts, but if you take this point into consideration, you might skip a few theories on line taking and just master it while you are practising hard everyday. This might be useful for starters as it might cut short one's journey in learning.

But you are doing fine on your first decent drift! Mine was way worse than yours. You had handled your car pretty well.

I'm not sure whether you are power sliding or drifting too... But i was power sliding when I first started. Until when i tried to enter corners early, and exiting with high rpm. I not too sure whether thats a way to see if you are drifting.💡

Have a good time enjoying your drifts! By the way, your video card is clear!

Ok.... I won the 24 hour endurance and now I have 1.6M to spend... So I made a search on other drift cars that I could use.... so first I bought a skyline r32, then a tureno, then a FC, then a FD... I drifted with these settings you guys recommended. Then I found the best car for me, The RX-7 FD.

I bought all performance parts and weight reduction for the FD except for the turbo. I'm only using the stock turbo and instead of a fully customized LSD, I bought a 2-way. And the tires are all N1s.

settings:
Brake 6 front / 12 rear
I didn't touch the racing suspension setting anymore
Transmission on Auto 4
driving aids all 0

I like the FD because it doesn't snap understeer that much...

Cool... I think you certainly had passed the beginner's level in drifting. You lines are far better now.

Good Job! When you are comfortable with your FD, try to figure out how you can get more angles, how to react when drifts are out of line...etc. Then i would recommend you to try on linking corners.

Start playing with your settings (If you want) when you had enough fun on your current settings.

Cheers! You certainly is a fast learner!

nice vid mate! i'm not a huge fan of e-brake but anyways that just my personal opinion, why don't you try getting some feint happening, thats what i find the most fun when i'm drifting and can help with the early entries that Clanegie was talking about

Yes, no problem with you choosing e-brakes as a start for your drifting career... But seriously, 'feinting' should never be left out! Its alot more fun, and it requires alot more precision in your inputs and reactions for a real smooth slide. Til now, I have not even mastered this.

*Try the Amuse S2000 if you want a try on feinting, because thats my learning car! Its fun!:sly:
Just take a look at my avatar on the left, so sweet..... I love that car man. Its real handling friendly for starters!

Hehehe I actually tried the s2000, but didn't really work for me :D, anyway, I'd like to thank you guys for pointing out the feint! I totally forgot to try that! Now that I do, it's more challenging and when executed right, gives you a monster angle :D. Now I only use the e-brakes if I screw up the feint(like an angle corrector) :D... I'm working on a drift vid dedicated to Initial D, but so far, the first thing I have to do is get the cars. I have the tureno, levin, Subaru, a yellow FD type R(but I still find my rx-7 spirit R better), and Civic(eg) with the right colors that they used in Initial D. I tried drifting them all and got a basic hang on all the cars :D.... but I only have one car that I want to perfect, and that's my FD spirit R :D Thanks again :D

Back