amateur photo thread.

• Thread starter Conbon14
  • 1,831 comments
A few snaps from my 9 mile hike today, found this old pump house at worthington lakes that had been heavily tagged a good few years ago made for an interesting subject, sadly some of the better art had weathered away... managed to get a few snaps without needing a tetanus shot lol

DSC03243.JPG
DSC03255.JPG
DSC03259.JPG
DSC03262.JPG
DSC03264.JPG
DSC03297.JPG
DSC03300.JPG
DSC03301.JPG
DSC03308.JPG
DSC03304.JPG
DSC03305.JPG
DSC03310.JPG

Last edited:
Pictures taken on a DJI Mini 2 drone.

👍 👍

Honestly it's such a versatile little drone. I'm thinking of retiring my Phantom 4 Pro as it's such a hassle nowadays with the need for licenses, logs, etc...

The Mini 2 does so many good things for a fraction of the cost. Plus it will make you a better pilot because you're not relying on more advanced systems and sensors to help you fly.

👍 👍

Honestly it's such a versatile little drone. I'm thinking of retiring my Phantom 4 Pro as it's such a hassle nowadays with the need for licenses, logs, etc...

The Mini 2 does so many good things for a fraction of the cost. Plus it will make you a better pilot because you're not relying on more advanced systems and sensors to help you fly.
It's... It's a hassle right now for me. X)
Have to send requests with time and map attached to fly in the city. If only I got it earlier than the pandemic hit. Could have went to the info-hour and gained the ability to fly in the city without sending requests to the Transport Department.
They closed the info-hour due to pandemic and probably never going to open it as there will be a drone rules reform in July. Will have to pass a test and register my Mini 2. As for the drone.. it really surprised me! Small and light, but pretty stable in strong wind... still really scary to take it out right now. You can hear his angry buzzing as he fights the gusts. X)
The camera is pretty good for it's size.

Here are some more =)
These are the places where the movie TENET was filmed. (some spoilers ahead maybe)
KUMU art museum was the place where they had the artefact.
6bErOt483tU.jpg

And on the left from it is the Laagna road where the chase happened.
Although the artefact building in the movie was located in Oslo, Norway and connected to the airport, in reality it is several kilometers away from the airport and located in Tallinn, Estonia. You can actually see the gates to the building in some movie clips.)
gsStXE872Oc.jpg

And this is where the chase stopped.
rFNRnLk1fSE.jpg

In the movie there was road works happening... and after the filming was done, after some time, the real road works started, but farther away. xD
I actually caught the filming moment from my window on a Nikon camera)
KE_xGDvBX0o.jpg

Fake road works
Q5ZyopFHvks.jpg

Some bonus pics.
ZiPCDmKw0w0.jpg

oDBQKf14JA4.jpg

@unit-one YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE A TEST?! The whole point of the Mini 2 was so it could skate past regulations since it weighs less than 250g.

Anything above 250g and you would need a pilot's license, registration, log books (flight and repairs/incidents), landing pad, cones, radio to communicate with air traffic control (absolutely ridiculous IMO, traffic control has better things to do)

That's why I got the Mini 2 because the new regulations grounded my Phantom 4 Pro.

@unit-one YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE A TEST?! The whole point of the Mini 2 was so it could skate past regulations since it weighs less than 250g.

Anything above 250g and you would need a pilot's license, registration, log books (flight and repairs/incidents), landing pad, cones, radio to communicate with air traffic control (absolutely ridiculous IMO, traffic control has better things to do)

That's why I got the Mini 2 because the new regulations grounded my Phantom 4 Pro.
I have a very small amount of information about the upcoming reform, but from my understanding all drones will be registered and all pilots will have to pass the test.
Right now our rules are the same for all drone weights. So if you want to fly in the controlled zones, you have to pay 45 Euros for a 1-year permit and send requests to the Transport Department 3 days before every flight, marking the fly zone and date, time, etc., to fly below 150 meters.
You don't need any permits or requests in the uncontrolled zones, so you are free to fly there all day long but not higher than 150 meters.
If you want to go above 150 meters, then you will have to send the request at least 7 days before flight. Predicting the weather is hard for 3 days, but for 7 days... esh...
They also say that you have to check the NOTAM thing for aviation warnings 'n stuff. I use a website to fill requests that has all the zone information and is regularly updated with info about restrictions.
So... right now the rules are pretty easy. The hardest thing is to predict the weather.)

I have a very small amount of information about the upcoming reform, but from my understanding all drones will be registered and all pilots will have to pass the test.
Right now our rules are the same for all drone weights. So if you want to fly in the controlled zones, you have to pay 45 Euros for a 1-year permit and send requests to the Transport Department 3 days before every flight, marking the fly zone and date, time, etc., to fly below 150 meters.
You don't need any permits or requests in the uncontrolled zones, so you are free to fly there all day long but not higher than 150 meters.
If you want to go above 150 meters, then you will have to send the request at least 7 days before flight. Predicting the weather is hard for 3 days, but for 7 days... esh...
They also say that you have to check the NOTAM thing for aviation warnings 'n stuff. I use a website to fill requests that has all the zone information and is regularly updated with info about restrictions.
So... right now the rules are pretty easy. The hardest thing is to predict the weather.)

That... sucks. I knew regulations in Europe were tight, but goddamn.

Last edited:
That... sucks. I knew regulations in Europe were tight, but goddamn.

Visited another place where TENET was filmed. Although the concert hall is abandoned and closed, the helipad is still active, so I had to call the dispatch to announce that I'm flying there. At one point they called me and said that they are expecting an airplane and asked me to land. And then called again to let me fly some more.

So anyways, this are the ruins of Linnahall (City hall). A soviet concert and ice skating hall that looks like Fortress Intolerance or Megalith from Ace Combat 2 and 4. In the movie it posed as Ukrainian National Opera and the funny thing is, when the main characters got to Estonia, Tallinn... you could see this "Ukrainian Opera" on the aero shots of the city. xD
67QNgv7scyg.jpg

LSiyAsz9IIs.jpg

7JbvOCE4X7w.jpg

And some other pics from the city.
ct503WAIit0.jpg

dnsFGtikZQs.jpg

MOkczRyfLMA.jpg

Kj6M0rH95Ig.jpg

-Uih6Sv0tcA.jpg

Last edited:
Been snap happy this week spring is in full bloom and the weather here in England has been warm with good light conditions. The leaves are beginning to unfurl and have this nice translucent quality to them just before the chlorophyll fires up. The bluebells and wood anemone are at their peak on the woodland floor, and soon will disappear as the canopy above mops up all the light. Its a shame you cant scratch and sniff these pictures the cherry / blackthorn blossom and bluebells have exquisite scents...
DSC03885.JPG
DSC03879.JPG
DSC03819.JPG
DSC03757.JPG
DSC03798.JPG
DSC03691.JPG
DSC03732.JPG
DSC03637.JPG
DSC03698.JPG
DSC03717.JPG
DSC03658.JPG

Last edited:
I have drone envy, such scope for taking unique shots. Im curious what kind of range / battery life you get?

I never went more than 1 kilometer away due to safety concerns. The distance depends on the landscape and radio interference, but it's enough to operate in the city's limited 250 meter diameter air zone... just don't get blocked by fat concrete buildings, the signal can fade instantly and the drone will return home, land or hover in place depending on what emergency option you chose. In the city the signal gets a lot of interference but on the country side, as you can see on this screenshot, the drone is almost 1 km away from the controller and the signal is strong. All three arc-shaped bars between the satellite bars and battery indicate a strong signal. But the drone is also at 150 meters (Maximum allowed ceiling at that place without sending a flight request to the department). The trees also can block signal.
The drone range is basically limited to the rules in your place. Most camera drones can go way past those limits.
The battery life is usually around 20 minutes and it's enough to fly for several kilometers. Depends on the weather. If the drone will have to fight strong winds then it's going to be lower. The advertised time measured in laboratory conditions is 31 minute.
lIpiTtPAOf8.jpg

Short video of the place to show what shots can you do.

The advertised time measured in laboratory conditions is 31 minute.

In good/decent weather conditions, I've never seen my flight time drop below 30min. 31min I've never personally achieved but less than 30 never happens.

In strong head winds I've measured it at 28min.

So it's more than capable of flying the advertised limit.

I have drone envy, such scope for taking unique shots. Im curious what kind of range / battery life you get?

Range is around 10km horizontal but I've never dared take the Mini 2 that far. 4km vertical with a 400m software limit. You have to increase the limit to 400m during your pre-flight check and acknowledge a prompt stating you are solely responsible should anything occur, and that you will obey local guidelines.

The Mini 2 has their new O̶c̶u̶l̶u̶s̶ Ocusync 2.0 system which is essentially a system booster. From overall range, to connection stability.

The Mini 2 comes with an optional bundle on the Amazon storefront. The "Fly More" bundle includes a set of extra propellers, a set of extra controller sticks, three batteries, multi-battery charging pack that can be used as a battery bank for other devices should you choose to use it as such.

The Mini 2 is a great overall drone that packs a punch. Plus its small size and weight means you can skate past regulatory prerequisites, such as needing a pilot's license and registering your drone - this is the case for the U.S. and Canada. EU regulations and U.K. regulations might differ.

The cost of the Fly More bundle was $700 CAD, which is around £400. It's honestly worth it. It can perform on par as their mid-tier lineups like the Mavic, and even higher up like the Phantom, but at a fraction of the cost.

It does not however, have 360° collision sensors. It only has sensors in the front and the bottom of the drone. This is a lot more manual in terms of flight, and it also does not have as many features as the Mavic or Phantom in terms of automated flight modes, flight assists, etc. It also does not have video/photography profiles, what you see is what you get. You have to try to make the most of it.

The best feature, imo, is the remote the new Mavics/Mavic Minis come with. It's a lot more comfortable to use and more compact as well. My only gripe is the spring loaded phone holder. It will take some time to break-in, brand new out the box you would need four hands :lol:

Another con is that you can't really do much to the drone. There are third party sellers that sell skids for the drone so it doesnt land on it's belly, but that would put it over the 250g limit which means you would need to register the drone, etc. If you are anal about bit scratching it by landing it and taking off from the ground, you can launch it from your palm. Just make sure to launch it downwind from you.

There are also ND filters you can buy that clip onto the gimbal. These really elevate the cinematic capabilities of that tiny camera sensor, however, it takes the drone past the 250g limit.

If you do decide to get one, we are always here to answer any questions :) :gtplanet: Plus there are tonnes of youtube videos out there.

One such youtuber is Jeven Dovey. His beginners guide is extremely helpful, straight to the point with minimal faffing about :P

Last edited:
In good/decent weather conditions, I've never seen my flight time drop below 30min. 31min I've never personally achieved but less than 30 never happens.

In strong head winds I've measured it at 28min.

So it's more than capable of flying the advertised limit.

Range is around 10km horizontal but I've never dared take the Mini 2 that far. 4km vertical with a 400m software limit. You have to increase the limit to 400m during your pre-flight check and acknowledge a prompt stating you are solely responsible should anything occur, and that you will obey local guidelines.

The Mini 2 has their new Oculus 2.0 system which is essentially a system booster. From overall range, to connection stability.

The Mini 2 comes with an optional bundle on the Amazon storefront. The "Fly More" bundle includes a set of extra propellers, a set of extra controller sticks, three batteries, multi-battery charging pack that can be used as a battery bank for other devices should you choose to use it as such.

The Mini 2 is a great overall drone that packs a punch. Plus its small size and weight means you can skate past regulatory prerequisites, such as needing a pilot's license and registering your drone - this is the case for the U.S. and Canada. EU regulations and U.K. regulations might differ.

The cost of the Fly More bundle was $700 CAD, which is around £400. It's honestly worth it. It can perform on par as their mid-tier lineups like the Mavic, and even higher up like the Phantom, but at a fraction of the cost.

It does not however, have 360° collision sensors. It only has sensors in the front and the bottom of the drone. This is a lot more manual in terms of flight, and it also does not have as many features as the Mavic or Phantom in terms of automated flight modes, flight assists, etc. It also does not have video/photography profiles, what you see is what you get. You have to try to make the most of it.

The best feature, imo, is the remote the new Mavics/Mavic Minis come with. It's a lot more comfortable to use and more compact as well. My only gripe is the spring loaded phone holder. It will take some time to break-in, brand new out the box you would need four hands :lol:

Another con is that you can't really do much to the drone. There are third party sellers that sell skids for the drone so it doesnt land on it's belly, but that would put it over the 250g limit which means you would need to register the drone, etc. If you are anal about bit scratching it by landing it and taking off from the ground, you can launch it from your palm. Just make sure to launch it downwind from you.

There are also ND filters you can buy that clip onto the gimbal. These really elevate the cinematic capabilities of that tiny camera sensor, however, it takes the drone past the 250g limit.

If you do decide to get one, we are always here to answer any questions :) :gtplanet: Plus there are tonnes of youtube videos out there.

One such youtuber is Jeven Dovey. His beginners guide is extremely helpful, straight to the point with minimal faffing about :P

Thanks! I completely forgot to add the factory height and distance limits. Looks like your vertical limit is different. Mine is 500 meters. By the way, the next weekend promises good weather, so I'll try to go that high. Already sent the request to the department.
How high did you go?

P.S. The radio system is called Ocusync 2.0, not Oculus 2.0 =)

Thanks! I completely forgot to add the factory height and distance limits. Looks like your vertical limit is different. Mine is 500 meters.

Ooh that's interesting I'll check my firmware but I'm sure it's a region-based lock because my Phantom is also restricted to 400m.

How high did you go?

So far, 350m. Haven't really seen the need to go higher. I have a lot of local air traffic in my area that fly at around 500-800m so I don't want to put anyone at risk. These drones aren't like FPV drones that are fully manual and drop out of the sky really quickly, they take a lot of effort (and battery power :/ ) to come back down again.

P.S. The radio system is called Ocusync 2.0, not Oculus 2.0 =)

AHAHAHAHAH YES! I got it mixed up again. I'll edit my post, thank you. 👍

Last edited:
Back