American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,707 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
MitchZ06
Doesn't really compare :/ 2 rather diff layouts with very different characteristics....

Le mans is a power track. I think i could have got the 12c up to, maybe over 300 kph on the straights. The F1 would make up time in the corners, but who knows. I'm sticking to my guns. The 12c is my old faithful!
 
Down the straight without the chicanes I was getting about 322km/h top speed thanks to a good run in and out of Tetre Rouge :p

Only half the track is a power track, the other half is a chassis track and thats what makes La Sarthe one of the best in the world.
 
I get a complementary 20hp added to my car next season :D
EDIT: is CLMES dead?
 
Last edited:
Got a 1:50.029 with only a few laps on Daytona. Lowering the downforce really opened up the track for the Ferrari.

My car likes this track...
 
It should go faster even with the downforce maxed TT13 👍
 
My Corvette lost most of it's understeer on Monaco when lowering the downforce all the way :P
Edit: Maybe different car react differently to downforce
 
Yeah tho Monaco is a downforce track and thats why the F1 shone there....raise the rear of the suspension to reduce understeer, not reduce downforce ;)

Just for hon, quick spin around La Sarthe 2009 w/ chicanes at night, 3:55.946 :dopey:
 
Last edited:
rocko100
I get a complementary 20hp added to my car next season :D
EDIT: is CLMES dead?

Perhaps. ;)
And perhaps. :(
 
Answer my post ya bum! :dopey:

Been thinking about this tho, I reckon the number limit should be dropped for the GT cars, allowing more F458's on the grid would help some of the others gain some speed and it'd be like real racing with a bunch of them on the grid.
 
MitchZ06
Yeah tho Monaco is a downforce track and thats why the F1 shone there....raise the rear of the suspension to reduce understeer, not reduce downforce ;)

Just for hon, quick spin around La Sarthe 2009 w/ chicanes at night, 3:55.946 :dopey:

Check the season 1 GTPFIA thread for my exact time... Some where near that I think
 
MitchZ06
Answer my post ya bum! :dopey:

Been thinking about this tho, I reckon the number limit should be dropped for the GT cars, allowing more F458's on the grid would help some of the others gain some speed and it'd be like real racing with a bunch of them on the grid.

No, if anything, the number limit will be more strict.
I've got a couple ideas floating around my head.
I'll post in the governing body social group sometime soon.
 
No, if anything, the number limit will be more strict.
I've got a couple ideas floating around my head.
I'll post in the governing body social group sometime soon.

What's that?
 
Answer my post ya bum! :dopey:

Been thinking about this tho, I reckon the number limit should be dropped for the GT cars, allowing more F458's on the grid would help some of the others gain some speed and it'd be like real racing with a bunch of them on the grid.

Er except if everyone drove 458s I'd switch immediately lol.

Actually I'm gonna take a break from Ferrari next season for sure. As much as I like the car.

Maybe the AM or Jag or even a Lotus depending on what's allowed. Mclaren's a possibility.

EDIT: I also liked the challenge class quite a bit and was disappointed when it dissolved. All three classes at Seca was one of the most fun races of the season IMO.
 
Tower Turn 13
Er except if everyone drove 458s I'd switch immediately lol.

Actually I'm gonna take a break from Ferrari next season for sure. As much as I like the car.

Maybe the AM or Jag or even a Lotus depending on what's allowed. Mclaren's a possibility.

Next season's car lists are going to be MUCH smaller...

How would you guys feel about running four classes?

EDIT: after seeing your edit, the GTC class may be back next season, it's not out of the question...
 
Four drivers in each class, two teams per class? I dunno it could be kinda fun but also a bit segregated.
 
Tower Turn 13
Four drivers in each class, two teams per class? I dunno it could be kinda fun but also a bit segregated.

If cars/drivers are even, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
But tire strategy can interfere with that.

Just throwing this out there, but what if we were to do three sprint races instead.
Or two sprint races and one long...
 
The race format as is works the best IMO and works well for me.

Four classes? I remember discussing this before season 2 started, we'd have to test it out to see if it'd really be worth having such small numbers in each class...
 
yeah the car diversity would be lack-luster putting it nicely.

To me, personally 3 classes was a good balance. 3 or 2.

Besides all LMP2 class would be is spec LMP1 cars...

Plus everyone would be almost consistently making podium. Just another thought.
 
3 was quite fun to be honest, that Laguna Seca race was a great race for the reason that being in GT I was getting lapped but I was also lapping other cars :dopey:

I'd just go with stock F430's again in GTC gatrs and raise the power levels for GT cars past 500hp to keep them ahead. Drop the weight limit to under 1200kg, kick the overweight cars (that aren't competing in the ALMS anyway other than the Jag) and it should make things a bit more fun. Faster cars can result in some pretty good racing :sly:
 
MitchZ06
The race format as is works the best IMO and works well for me.

Four classes? I remember discussing this before season 2 started, we'd have to test it out to see if it'd really be worth having such small numbers in each class...

Definitely.
I REALLY want my PS3 back. :/
Haven't even sent it in yet.
 
But you've still got it then! Sell that quite frankly useless kart of yours (:sly:) or just raid T_Ray's wallet and you should be good to cover the expense of getting it fixed :dopey:.
 
MitchZ06
But you've still got it then! Sell that quite frankly useless kart of yours (:sly:) or just raid T_Ray's wallet and you should be good to cover the expense of getting it fixed :dopey:.

Yes but I think T Ray is with MajikTom now though...
 
AWOL?

I would like to know just one thing tho, will the F1 still be around for season 3?
 
MitchZ06
AWOL?

I would like to know just one thing tho, will the F1 still be around for season 3?

Read the social group. ;)

MajikTom was a steward for Jav's series that seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth.
 
Where has Jav been lately? Also I can't find an update on the social group page. Which subforum is it?
 
Don't bother looking TT13, it's only ever going to have 3 members :p

I'll happily race the F1 in GT1 against race cars, as long as I get a weight break :dopey:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back